Isabella - Conshohocken
382 East Elm St.
Conshohocken, PA 19428Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Isabella - Conshohocken
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barisabella.com/
- Phone: 4845327470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Michael J Cappon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available
A word from Isabella - Conshohocken
ISABELLA offers contemporary tastes with a Mediterranean flare. Featuring great wines, craft beers, incredible small plates, and Neapolitan style pizzas, the menu emphasizes organic, fresh, and locally-sourced ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isabella - Conshohocken reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (11)romantic (10)good for groups (10)great for lunch (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great meal - a bit too cozyFlourtown313VIPDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I went out to this Conshohocken restaurant on a snowy Saturday. Parking is a bit challenging, but we found a spot and went in. We were seated in the back at a table for two between two other couples. There wasn't even enough room between the tables for someone to slide by. You have to move the table to get to the far seat. Not sure what the thinking is here. The food was great though and that made up for the much too crowded seating arrangements.Special Features:
- Incredible food.. ServiceAmanda22Dined on 2/14/2014Incredible food.. Service not so incredible. My boyfriend and I went for a nice valentines day dinner. The food was amazing. Our server was horrible. Not only did she not introduce herself, but she came to our table maybe 3 times the entire evening. When our glasses were empty, there was no offer for another glass of wine. I normally would excuse the lack of service due to being extremely busy with the valentines day crowd, however, she had no issue stopping at the table next to us every few minutes to see if they needed anything. I am not one to leave reviews really, but the food was seriously incredible and, unfortunately, the service was so horrible I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Food was fine. The rest was a mess.JoeSDined on 2/14/2014Went for their Valentines Day 8 course tasting menu. The place was busy, but certainly not overwhelmed with diners. The first three courses came out at the same time, and were presented to us out of order. It felt as though they were just trying to push food out of the kitchen, rather than serve a tasting menu. The beef and fish course arrived at the same time, leaving us to decide whether to let the steak or the salmon go cold while we ate the other. The worst offense was the final two courses; soup (which should have been served before the meats) and dessert, on the table within moments of each other. I've had fine meals at this restaurant before, so I'm not sure what went wrong tonight, but they really missed the mark by a huge margin.
- Valentines dinnerJackDined on 2/14/2014This is likely not a good spot for a quiet Valentines Day dinner. The dining area has limited space and is moderately noisy; so it depends on what you are looking for in a holiday dining experience. Also they had a special "chef's choice" menu, but it wasn't advertised, so several people complained. This led the restaurant to offer the regular menu as an option. The switch caused a disjointed and unorganized situation. We opted for the Chef's holiday special dining menu anyway, but still our items came out in a random order and we nearly missed a couple of courses. I will say that the food was good, portions were perfect! However the restaurant is just not set up and organized for a Valentines tasting menu. Good for drinks/appsSpecial Features:
- a tough night at Isabellaslocallydisappointed1Dined on 2/14/2014In the end everything mostly worked out amid what was a tough night there. I know they brought in a new chef, but we were informed the manager had quit only hours earlier that day. Made online reservations for Valentine's Day hoping to enjoy the advertised happy hour drinks and menu. Upon arrival, we were seated and then told the only menu that night was a a price fixed 8 course meal not the usual entree menu nor the happy hour dishes. The waitress was rude and flustered. When we told her we were there for the happy hour menu and drinks, her response was that is not available. We told her we would not be staying for our meal.Another server came and told us that they would serve the happy hour menu but only at a high top table or at the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent TapasSkellyVIPDined on 2/8/2014Excellent tapas restaurant especially seafood. Pizza was very good as well. Especially from a native NYers perspective. Intimate seating and reservations probably required, but worth a wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UderwhelmedGallaFoodieVIPDined on 2/8/2014Our dinner was good but not great. From the reviews, we thought it was going to be better. Would give it another try; maybe an off nite. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Great findmikejVIPDined on 2/7/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and they hit the mark in all categories. Food, service and vibe were all fantastic. We focused our orders on the tapas menu even though the larger entrees also sounded delicious. Everything that we ordered hit the mark, but two dishes really stood out…the lamb tapas and the brussels sprouts side dish. We are looking for a date to return and try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming on a cold nightweedsljwVIPDined on 2/7/2014Staff was very friendly and accommodating even though we were very late due to horrific traffic . Bistro food was very good for a neighborhood place. My husband was impressed with the draft beer selection. Only complaint was seating was very tight, but everyone made due. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isabella has its good pointssamsonVIPDined on 2/7/2014The pizza is delicious!! exceptional. The ribs were delicious. I was disappointed that the order included only 3 small ribs...as my wife and I were sharing. This was not convenient. But they were delicious.Beet salad was also delicious, but very small to share. The chairs are very close together so it is very hard to maneuver in and out. This is not part of my "rating" but .... over all, very good food , small portions...cramped seating but lively absence.Special Features:
- Delicious TapasSmartchickdinaDined on 2/5/2014This little gem is convenient for Conshy locals. The bar is well stocked and the food is very tasty. Small plates are great to share and the flatbread pizza is wonderful.Special Features:
- Great eveningLeafDined on 1/31/2014Great evening out with a friend. Cozy. Great food and excellent service. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious surpriseteachem5Dined on 1/31/2014I have driven past here so many times and wanted to go but never took the opportunity. On Friday night, I took some out of town visitors to check it out. It was AMAZING!!! The food, the wine, the ambiance - everything just wonderful. We started off with a cheese plate and then shared an Isabella salad, magas and a roasted vegetable pizza. It was to die for! Great work Isabellas!Special Features:
- Decent but not greatfreddiemerionDined on 1/30/2014The food, which is mediterranean tapas style, was good, although not great overall. Some dishes were excellent, others not so much. We were there on a night that was not particularly busy, and the service was good. The noise level was fine for conversation, but I'm not sure about the noise if the place is busy.
- Reliably GoodPickyEaterDined on 1/30/2014This restaurant has an interesting menu, very well-executed, both straightforward fare like excellent burgers and amazing pizza and great small plates and entrees. The service is excellent, the servers really pleasant. My only tiny quibble is that the food was not sufficiently hot in temperature when served. I usually prefer BYOs, but this is a worthwhile exception to that rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the first visitPelagicDined on 1/25/2014Evidentally, the place is under new management and everything was better than our first visit. Staff was very attentive and food was good as it gets. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for lunch!LunchEaterVIPDined on 1/24/2014I enjoy going to Isabella's Restaurant in Conshohocken and, in fact, whenever I travel to Conshohocken for lunch, I eat there. The food and service are both very good.Special Features:
- Excellent Tapas farenetchenDined on 1/23/2014Cozy and busy with warm atmosphere!Lively bar and very friendily staff. Spanish Tapas excellent and a descent wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinner!EWSandRRDined on 1/23/2014Great calamari to start. Awesome beet and granny smith apple salad and kobe burger with mushrooms and manchego. Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tapas choices. The lambfoodieDined on 1/18/2014great tapas choices. The lamb chops were great. Recommend adding 1 if you split one order between 2. Pizza looked great but we did not order. Next time.Special Features:
- Hidden gem!KimPaDined on 1/15/2014I don't know how I haven't been here before! Everything was amazing. You don't need reservations...yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was abomidible, serverdallenDined on 1/11/2014Service was abomidible, server brought wrong things and forgot others that were ordered.....food was sent back because it was undercooked, coffee sent back, ice cold when served.....server kept rolling her eyes each time we had her come back for these problems......never again! AND I was alerted by open table, that we were a no show, because they probably didnt sign us in....
- Great surprise!Jimmy12VIPDined on 1/11/2014We were prepared to have an "ok" experience based on other reviews, so we were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed it' The cheese assortment was very good, with thoughtful accompaniments. The Isabella salad was excellent, and the Brussels sprouts were done perfectly! The restaurant is small, but IMO that only contributes to the feel of a "secret" neighborhood place with unexpectedly good food! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic enjoyable atmospherewineNcheeseGuruDined on 1/10/2014I went to Isabella for a late Friday night dinner/tapas and wine with my boyfriend. Everything from the serene, romantic atmosphere to the EXCELLENT service, to the AMAZING delicious food and wine was OUTSTANDING!!! I will definately come back here for dinner again with girlfriends, my boyfriend, or parents...a true diamond in the rough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the last fewJeanneDined on 1/10/2014Not as good as the last few times. They have to figure out the timing of serving the food when it if hot not lukewarm. The waiter wadntup to par with the others we have had in the oast. The chocolate mousse was grainy. Still willing to give it another try but it has to be better and like it was on our first a year ago.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food and service weredfinkDined on 1/9/2014the food and service were unremarkable. Good for a quick bite after work
- Wonderful Spot!sarafaekVIPDined on 1/8/2014Love Isabella's. Was getting over a head cold so I didn't share tapas with my friends and instead ordered a main plate (which I never do other than the burger) and was shocked at the salmon. Truffle sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts and salmon with chinntales - WOW! I devoured the entire dish...which I rarely can finish in entirety! Thanks Isabella's!Special Features:
- Fun night outKayngeoffDined on 1/4/2014Food was great,staff attentive,wine selection good,will definitely go back,seating quite comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot too!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/30/2013Isabella is a local favorite for dinner, but I hadn't had lunch there for quite some time. It was terrific! The menu has a great range of choices, and we enjoyed everything that we ordered.Special Features:
- Great tapas gem!BarryVIPDined on 12/28/2013Always enjoy going to Isabella's and trying new tapas options. Such a tasty and creative menu, plus wonderful selection of bottled and draft beers. I look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay...SayRaVIPDined on 12/23/2013Food was just ok. We had the Tartufo pizza which was way too salty and soggy. All the toppings fell off when I picked it up. Mussels, arugula salad and lamb meatballs were good. They definitely pack way too many people into the space and it was hard to get around. What was really disappointing was that we had an 8:30 reservation, and at about 9:15 before we even got our pizza, the server said they were giving last food for food and alcohol because they were closing down. Why take an 8:30 reservation of you're going to rush your guests after 45 minutes? What if we wanted dessert? She was very nice and apologetic but it didn't make sense. Probably won't return.
- Good local establisment whenBbrynmawrVIPDined on 12/13/2013Good local establisment when in the tapas mood. Surprisingly good pizzas.Special Features:
- DisappointedBBTKDined on 12/13/2013I have been to this restaurant several times. I have to say I was very disappointed this trip. From the moment we entered, the host was not very friendly or welcoming. We were put off immediately. It was our friend's first time. The server offered no food suggestions and was just a bit abrupt. Just not a great experience this time. Not sure if I will return!
- We were greeted and seateded0527Dined on 12/12/2013We were greeted and seated promptly by friendly staff. Tapas were extremely tasty; pizzas are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small space, great tapasCobraDined on 12/9/2013The restaurant overall is on the small side, I'd recommend it for couples or small groups. Tapas were very good especially the pecorino with honey and the fig and Gorgonzola pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2013We dined on a very busy Friday night. We had arrived early for our reservation and our friends that were joining us were running late--we informed the host, who was super friendly & sat us immediately rather than having us wait until our entire party arrived--nice touch! Our waitress was sensational--super nice, attentive & knowledgeable of the menu. They have an extensive wine list, as well as numerous specialty infusion cocktails. Our food was delicious...we sampled so many delectable things. Everyone left full and with leftovers. Our food was paced well throughout the evening and we never felt rushed to give up our table to those who were waiting at the door. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stupid Rule from chefOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2013everything was great except not serving ice tea The waitress said they are not allowed to serve ice tea. ridiculous! I do not drink alcohol or soda. Stupid rule!Special Features:
- loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2013Went for the first time Saturday night. We shared the Isabella salad-- huge and delicious, and took advantage of the special which included two small plates and a pizza. The pizza, gorgonzola and fig, was the best we've had since leaving Center City and our beloved Pietro's. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindTwinsDined on 11/14/2013The food was excellent. The gnocchi were outstanding. It was a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhMrsAVIPDined on 11/9/2013Upon arrival there was a crowd around the entrance so we could barely get in the door, and then it was difficult to identify the Host. Once we found him, we were seated immediately, which was a relief since it appeared packed. It was a loud restaurant and the tables were close together. Our waiter was pretty awful. He spoke so quietly and quickly that it was nearly impossible to hear him over the background noise. He was useless as far as suggesting how much to order or recommending anything. We were never served bread and he wasn't around when we needed him. He came back to see if we had received an item yet a couple times. I liked that our food came quickly (seemed to be many food runners). Food tasted good but presentation was lacking.