b, A Bolton Hill Bistro
1501 Bolton Street
Baltimore, MD 21217Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
b, A Bolton Hill Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.b-bistro.com/
- Phone: 4103838600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: George Allen aka Big George
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The best of b bistro offerings is available for your guests. Call and ask about catering and party platters. You'll get the personal attention of our house manager and chef. b bistro knows you deserve nothing less.
A word from b, A Bolton Hill Bistro
Sample fresh, local and imaginative b bistro cuisine with a range of daily specials and an eclectic, non-fussy, and reasonably-priced wine list. Enjoy dining in Bolton Hill, one of Baltimore's most stately and historic neighborhoods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
b, A Bolton Hill Bistro - Best Restaurants in Mt. Vernon ›
b, A Bolton Hill Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)great for outdoor dining (83)fit for foodies (79)special occasion (47)great for brunch (41)romantic (32)notable wine list (26)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (9)late-night find (9)hot spot (9)scenic view (8)Show More
- B BistrosBBistroDined on 7/19/2014We are frequent patrons of B Bistro. The food is always marvelous. The restaurant changes the menu throughout the year to "keep it fresh". No matter what, the meal and service are consistently excellent. One of us had the soft shell crab tempura and thought it was great. The garden salad with berries and feta was also a hit.Special Features:
- Always a Great EveningyentakvetchDined on 7/19/2014Our dinner was superb. I wasn't expecting soft-shelled crabs. They were the biggest and best I have ever had. We, of course, had to have some dessert. The pistachio ice-cream sundae with figs and honey is mind-blowing. It is the most amazing combination. Our server was so attentive and yet, not intrusive. b's, the bistro, is a restaurant we will return to over and over again. It never lets us down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPatrickDined on 7/16/2014I can't find a thing to criticize about b. It's been a Baltimore mainstay for years and is truly a culinary gem. Never a bad meal, never anything but impeccable service. I don't live in the DMV anymore, but I make it a point to visit b every time I come home.Special Features:
- B is worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014First...make a reservation. Second...be ready for the freshest ingredients, a varied menu and truly excellent service. I do have a shellfish allergy so I was limited in what I could order, but my companions were very pleased. In fact, so was I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I invited a French friend on Sunday 7/13 to an early celebration of France day, and even though the menu was not really up to the occasion (not really a French menu) and the restaurant didn't have any mention of the special day, we did have a good time and enjoyed the food; simple brunch items, well prepared and nicely served. The bread pudding was outstanding. Maybe the Bistro part of the name is just a name and does not mean French restaurant...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING !!!!!JackieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Delicious meal!! One thing was better than the next. The tuna tartar was amazing as were the mussels. The cheeseburger melted on your mouth!! Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/12/2014food is always very very good.blt scallops are my favorite. very relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- A special findspanzersVIPDined on 7/8/2014Was looking for someplace new and different near the Lyric Theatre and fell upon B by just doing a restaurant search in Google near the theatre. The reviews and the menu seemed great and we were not disappointed. Some of the best soft shell crabs and rockfish ever. Very pleasant and attentive wait staff. And when it wasn't 95 degrees with chance of bad storms should be walking distance to the Lyric but easy enough to park near the restaurant and then park again. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foods great but the service ?BetsyDined on 6/29/2014We've eaten Dinner at b but never brunch. For brunch we ate outside (great) and the food was fabulous (good menu and the food is delish). What always disappoints me is the service. It is very lackadaisical and too laid back. They seem to not care if we are there or not. An improvement in service will put this great place over the top. Unfortunately our experience is b, A Bolton Hill Bistro doesn't seem to want to improve. I recommend with reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy-casualJaredWith1RDined on 6/29/2014A good selection of drinks, as well as the great food, of course. Enough fancy food for my foodie girlfriend, but plenty of staple options for my slightly picky self. A little on the pricey side for us, but reasonable for the occasional brunch or nice dinner out. Always worth the 6 minute walk from our house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- herbDined on 6/29/2014good choice for Bolton hill residents for entertaining friends and guests. parking difficult for non-residents. very good food with an ever-changing menu. interesting "takes" on standard fare (e.g. French toast with brioche, honey, mascarpone, fig & pistachio nuts) as well as inventive entrees. can be noisy when crowded - inside or outside dining - expensive (brunch for three was $100 with only one person having a glass of wine). all waiters seem to service all tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014A really nice find for three of us. The location in Bolton Hill is quiet on a beautiful classic Bolton Hill street. Wait staff was prompt, patient and helpful as we made selections. We loved the spinach ravioli and the fried tomato appetizers. The steamed mussels were a bit larger than we had hoped but the fried scallops were up to par.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014great! Honored our reservation; food choices were great, great ambiance.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealabc13Dined on 6/28/2014Made recommendation after reading reviews on Yelp and am so happy we did. We had small plates, entrees and dessert and everything we had we would order again. Service was great and found the size of the restaurant to be very quaint. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:
- PLOPDined on 6/27/2014MY choice of food was a poor one,the TERRINE was very disappointingoo much bacon wrapped around it,and very fatty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatKevinDined on 6/25/2014Whenever I come to Baltimore, B Bistro is a must. Everything about this place is fantastic.Special Features:
- The following 485 reviews are from the b, A Bolton Hill Bistro reviews archive.
- A gem in the cityDCdinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014A great place to eat near the Meyerhoff and in a lovely neighborhood. The food was wonderful and the service attentive but not annoying. It's a great place to bring young children if you can eat outdoors. A lovely evening in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014B has a good menu, nicely prepared dishes and good wine selection. tuesday has 1/2 price bottles on wineSpecial Features:
- Father's Day BrunchMichelleTDined on 6/15/2014The eggs benedict with salmon & tomatoes was especially delicious! The staff was very accomodating, too. And although I wouldn't call "b" a kid-friendly restaurant (no plastic cups or booster seats, tight fit for quick-moving toddlers), the paper covering the tables provided hours of entertainment!Special Features:
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014We had a delicious meal and a short and pleasant walk to the Meyerhoff. My daughter loved the leftover. She asked when I was taking her. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food; Great Setting!fan4foodVIPDined on 6/13/2014We love B's especially in the summer when we able to sit outside. The outdoor tables look onto the lovely town houses of Bolton Hill and there is very little traffic or car fumes to take away from the outdoor experience. This time, however, there was a threat of rain so we opted for the indoor table. The restaurant is always pleasant and the food very good. However, we wish that there more salad - entree options. Also the swordfish, while tender and perfectly cooked was under seasoned. We will, however, return as B is definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was as expectedericmVIPDined on 6/11/2014I wanted to give this favorite place of mine an excellent rating because all the past experiences have been wonderful, but not this time. The food was just as excellent - mussels in coconut broth and truffled dipping sauce fries night, with microbrew from NY was divine - however they failed to deliver on being family friendly. This is my first time bringing my children here, 4 and 2, and they unfortunately weren't as accommodating when it comes to food. No small cups for kids, very small menu options (no orange, apple or any other juice but cranberry). It felt like asking for too much when I was inquiring on options for them. But the server was quick to notice that my son likes to draw and gave us crayons to draw on the paper on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tuesday Wine Specialmp6283Dined on 6/10/2014Bottles of wine are half price on Tuesdays and there is a great selection. The food was excellent and the service was great with the waitress going above and beyond for our friend's special meal requests.Special Features:
- Great ambience disappointing mealbmoregalVIPDined on 6/7/2014It was the perfect evening for outdoor seating--delightful with impeccable service. Two people in our party ordered the duck which was very disappointing. One ordered it medium rare and it came medium and the other ordered it medium and it was served well done. It looked dry and tasted charred and tough like it was cooked, sliced and then shoved back under the broiler to cook it some more. The sauce was a bit overwhelming for our taste. Had we not been on a schedule to the theater, at least one of the duck orderers would have surely sent it back to the kitchen. Oh well probably an aberration for a nice restaurant!Special Features:
- Charming neighborhood bistroLove2EatDined on 6/6/2014The food never disappoints - it is fresh, inventive, and well-prepared in this small and intimate bistro in the lovely Bolton Hill neighborhood. Servers are friendly and attentive. It's a pleasant spot for brunch or dinner and convenient for BSO patrons.Special Features:
- A hidden jewelReservationMomVIPDined on 6/6/2014To feel immersed in Baltimore , stop by b Bolton Hill Bistro. Sit outside and feel part of the neighborhood. We arrived and were seated promptly . The wait staff was friendly, attentive and there was no rush to move patrons in and out despite the small size of this bistro. The menu was varied, food was fresh, ample and well presented. I would highly recommend their cheese tray! We had this as an appetizer and really could have made this a meal. The selection of cheeses was outstanding. As we were attending a function, I cannot comment on their dessert selection, but they did look quite enticing as they passed by. This is a wonderful place to dine before attending the symphony or a play as it is well located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, as alwaysBillVIPDined on 6/3/2014My wife and I went there after a Tuesday night meeting. Tuesday is half-price wine night, but at 9p there were only 3 - 4 tables occupied. We had a nice bottle of French chardonnay for half price and an excellent corn and crab chowder with a cold smoked gravlox plate and an interesting dessert, sitting at a sidewalk table. We were the last to leave, but did not feel rushed. Attentive service. Very pleasant.Special Features:
- Always a Charmer!luv2eatDined on 5/31/2014We find some new treat every time we eat at b's.. FEELS LIKE WE ARE GUESTS IN A FARMHOUSE KITCHEN.Special Features:
- Worth the tripmarkmywordDined on 5/31/2014I do not usually go out of my way to review a restaurant, but b, A Bolton Hill Bistro is one of my favorites! The food,service and general ambiance transport me to an idyllic place where everything is the way you expect it to be. We went for the first time 3 months ago and I could not wait to go back. Each time was a very satisfying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2014Lovely meal on weeknight. Not too crowded so it felt very comfortable. Food was excellent, served very hot and nicely displayed. Entrees are a bit pricey but generally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and PleasantNYCTouristDined on 5/27/2014We have been back often. Food is consistently well prepared, and the menu is broad and interesting. Very good wine selection.Special Features:
- Good outdoor diningrpb1Dined on 5/25/2014b is a favorite spot because of the outdoor dining ad it usually isn't too, too crowded. The service was slow and waiter seemed a bit depressed; the soft shelled crabs were not great. The rest of the meal was fine--the flourless chocolate cake was excellent.Special Features:
- Great foodEnjoyableDined on 5/25/2014We truly enjoyed all the dishes we ordered here. The lobster mac and cheese was the best I have ever tasted. The ravioli appetizer was delish as well as the cheese selections. The main course and dessert was also very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect outdoor dining spot, but ..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014b's is the perfect place for outdoor dining when the weather co-operates, and the food's excellent. The outdoor tables were popular when we arrived, and so our waitress was busy, but that should never be a reason for "surliness", especially at a high price restaurant. The "surliness" reduced as the number of diners reduced. Hence only a "good" for service. We did have a lovely evening with our friends despite this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulExcellentVIPDined on 5/20/2014What a lovely neighborhood, and what a charming place. Food was outstanding, and the entire evening was beyond pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful, cool spring nightBillVIPDined on 5/13/2014made it possible to eat outdoors at a sidewalk table, under a flowering tree, while neighbors and their dogs wandered by and stopped to chat. The food was wonderful, the young woman who served us was charming and it was Tuesday, so wine was half-priced. What more could one want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchEatthewholelemonDined on 5/11/2014I liked their brunch better than dinner. Crab omelet and huevos rancheros were so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Wish this was in my neighborhood. My new favorite Baltimore restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- b a greatexperiencecathyDined on 5/3/2014delicious food beautifully presented in a charming, neighborhood.Special Features:
- Local gemWMColmes14VIPDined on 4/27/2014never had a meal here that wasn't very good/great. Service is always friendly, and they surely give the feeling of a classy neighborhood bistro. Brunch is a favorite of ours. Great for a nice glass of wine and an app, or a full dinner with friends (or neighbors who will become them). Ingredients are always fresh and often very localSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.