b, A Bolton Hill Bistro
1501 Bolton Street
Baltimore, MD 21217Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
b, A Bolton Hill Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.b-bistro.com/
- Phone: 4103838600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: George Allen aka Big George
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The best of b bistro offerings is available for your guests. Call and ask about catering and party platters. You'll get the personal attention of our house manager and chef. b bistro knows you deserve nothing less.
A word from b, A Bolton Hill Bistro
Sample fresh, local and imaginative b bistro cuisine with a range of daily specials and an eclectic, non-fussy, and reasonably-priced wine list. Enjoy dining in Bolton Hill, one of Baltimore's most stately and historic neighborhoods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
b, A Bolton Hill Bistro - Best Restaurants in Mt. Vernon ›
b, A Bolton Hill Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (119)great for outdoor dining (103)fit for foodies (89)special occasion (51)great for brunch (47)romantic (37)notable wine list (33)good for groups (17)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014great! Honored our reservation; food choices were great, great ambiance.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealabc13Dined on 6/28/2014Made recommendation after reading reviews on Yelp and am so happy we did. We had small plates, entrees and dessert and everything we had we would order again. Service was great and found the size of the restaurant to be very quaint. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:
- PLOPDined on 6/27/2014MY choice of food was a poor one,the TERRINE was very disappointingoo much bacon wrapped around it,and very fatty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatKevinDined on 6/25/2014Whenever I come to Baltimore, B Bistro is a must. Everything about this place is fantastic.Special Features:
- A gem in the cityDCdinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014A great place to eat near the Meyerhoff and in a lovely neighborhood. The food was wonderful and the service attentive but not annoying. It's a great place to bring young children if you can eat outdoors. A lovely evening in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014B has a good menu, nicely prepared dishes and good wine selection. tuesday has 1/2 price bottles on wineSpecial Features:
- Father's Day BrunchMichelleTDined on 6/15/2014The eggs benedict with salmon & tomatoes was especially delicious! The staff was very accomodating, too. And although I wouldn't call "b" a kid-friendly restaurant (no plastic cups or booster seats, tight fit for quick-moving toddlers), the paper covering the tables provided hours of entertainment!Special Features:
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014We had a delicious meal and a short and pleasant walk to the Meyerhoff. My daughter loved the leftover. She asked when I was taking her. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food; Great Setting!fan4foodVIPDined on 6/13/2014We love B's especially in the summer when we able to sit outside. The outdoor tables look onto the lovely town houses of Bolton Hill and there is very little traffic or car fumes to take away from the outdoor experience. This time, however, there was a threat of rain so we opted for the indoor table. The restaurant is always pleasant and the food very good. However, we wish that there more salad - entree options. Also the swordfish, while tender and perfectly cooked was under seasoned. We will, however, return as B is definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was as expectedericmVIPDined on 6/11/2014I wanted to give this favorite place of mine an excellent rating because all the past experiences have been wonderful, but not this time. The food was just as excellent - mussels in coconut broth and truffled dipping sauce fries night, with microbrew from NY was divine - however they failed to deliver on being family friendly. This is my first time bringing my children here, 4 and 2, and they unfortunately weren't as accommodating when it comes to food. No small cups for kids, very small menu options (no orange, apple or any other juice but cranberry). It felt like asking for too much when I was inquiring on options for them. But the server was quick to notice that my son likes to draw and gave us crayons to draw on the paper on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tuesday Wine Specialmp6283Dined on 6/10/2014Bottles of wine are half price on Tuesdays and there is a great selection. The food was excellent and the service was great with the waitress going above and beyond for our friend's special meal requests.Special Features:
- Great ambience disappointing mealbmoregalVIPDined on 6/7/2014It was the perfect evening for outdoor seating--delightful with impeccable service. Two people in our party ordered the duck which was very disappointing. One ordered it medium rare and it came medium and the other ordered it medium and it was served well done. It looked dry and tasted charred and tough like it was cooked, sliced and then shoved back under the broiler to cook it some more. The sauce was a bit overwhelming for our taste. Had we not been on a schedule to the theater, at least one of the duck orderers would have surely sent it back to the kitchen. Oh well probably an aberration for a nice restaurant!Special Features:
- Charming neighborhood bistroLove2EatDined on 6/6/2014The food never disappoints - it is fresh, inventive, and well-prepared in this small and intimate bistro in the lovely Bolton Hill neighborhood. Servers are friendly and attentive. It's a pleasant spot for brunch or dinner and convenient for BSO patrons.Special Features:
- A hidden jewelReservationMomVIPDined on 6/6/2014To feel immersed in Baltimore , stop by b Bolton Hill Bistro. Sit outside and feel part of the neighborhood. We arrived and were seated promptly . The wait staff was friendly, attentive and there was no rush to move patrons in and out despite the small size of this bistro. The menu was varied, food was fresh, ample and well presented. I would highly recommend their cheese tray! We had this as an appetizer and really could have made this a meal. The selection of cheeses was outstanding. As we were attending a function, I cannot comment on their dessert selection, but they did look quite enticing as they passed by. This is a wonderful place to dine before attending the symphony or a play as it is well located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, as alwaysBillVIPDined on 6/3/2014My wife and I went there after a Tuesday night meeting. Tuesday is half-price wine night, but at 9p there were only 3 - 4 tables occupied. We had a nice bottle of French chardonnay for half price and an excellent corn and crab chowder with a cold smoked gravlox plate and an interesting dessert, sitting at a sidewalk table. We were the last to leave, but did not feel rushed. Attentive service. Very pleasant.Special Features:
- Always a Charmer!luv2eatDined on 5/31/2014We find some new treat every time we eat at b's.. FEELS LIKE WE ARE GUESTS IN A FARMHOUSE KITCHEN.Special Features:
- Worth the tripmarkmywordDined on 5/31/2014I do not usually go out of my way to review a restaurant, but b, A Bolton Hill Bistro is one of my favorites! The food,service and general ambiance transport me to an idyllic place where everything is the way you expect it to be. We went for the first time 3 months ago and I could not wait to go back. Each time was a very satisfying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2014Lovely meal on weeknight. Not too crowded so it felt very comfortable. Food was excellent, served very hot and nicely displayed. Entrees are a bit pricey but generally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good outdoor diningrpb1Dined on 5/25/2014b is a favorite spot because of the outdoor dining ad it usually isn't too, too crowded. The service was slow and waiter seemed a bit depressed; the soft shelled crabs were not great. The rest of the meal was fine--the flourless chocolate cake was excellent.Special Features:
- Great foodEnjoyableDined on 5/25/2014We truly enjoyed all the dishes we ordered here. The lobster mac and cheese was the best I have ever tasted. The ravioli appetizer was delish as well as the cheese selections. The main course and dessert was also very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect outdoor dining spot, but ..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014b's is the perfect place for outdoor dining when the weather co-operates, and the food's excellent. The outdoor tables were popular when we arrived, and so our waitress was busy, but that should never be a reason for "surliness", especially at a high price restaurant. The "surliness" reduced as the number of diners reduced. Hence only a "good" for service. We did have a lovely evening with our friends despite this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 467 reviews are from the b, A Bolton Hill Bistro reviews archive.
- DelightfulExcellentVIPDined on 5/20/2014What a lovely neighborhood, and what a charming place. Food was outstanding, and the entire evening was beyond pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful, cool spring nightBillVIPDined on 5/13/2014made it possible to eat outdoors at a sidewalk table, under a flowering tree, while neighbors and their dogs wandered by and stopped to chat. The food was wonderful, the young woman who served us was charming and it was Tuesday, so wine was half-priced. What more could one want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchEatthewholelemonDined on 5/11/2014I liked their brunch better than dinner. Crab omelet and huevos rancheros were so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Wish this was in my neighborhood. My new favorite Baltimore restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- b a greatexperiencecathyDined on 5/3/2014delicious food beautifully presented in a charming, neighborhood.Special Features:
- Local gemWMColmes14VIPDined on 4/27/2014never had a meal here that wasn't very good/great. Service is always friendly, and they surely give the feeling of a classy neighborhood bistro. Brunch is a favorite of ours. Great for a nice glass of wine and an app, or a full dinner with friends (or neighbors who will become them). Ingredients are always fresh and often very localSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014food is well prepared, and the wine list, while not large, is well selected and fairly priced.Special Features:
- Not nearly as good as expectedGuestDined on 4/20/2014This was supposed to be a really nice bistro in our neighborhood (more expensive than others - on yelp it had $$$). It was supposed to have really nice staff and fantastic food. My husband and I try regularly new places for brunch and dinner and compared to some others this was a very disappointing experience. The staff seemed to be annoyed and bored by their guests- they weren't smiling or making you feel welcome. It felt very much like you are just a number and they are waiting for you to pay and go. The food was good but not extraordinary (aside of my burned asparagus). Their Easter brunch menu wasn't any different from their regular brunch menu- only thing they changes was the title - "Easter Menu".
- Very CozyLynneaDined on 4/18/2014This is a great spot for a couples. This is a romantic spot. The food was great. The staff was friendly and the restaurant is nestled in the neighborhood. A great area to take a walk after dinner. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014A little noisy if that bothers you. Also somewhat on the expensive side as everything is a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!fan4foodVIPDined on 4/15/2014We had a superb meal at B's on Tuesday. We had recently returned from three weeks in Europe and our dinner at B's was equal or better than any meal we had over there. Our rockfish was outstanding and the sauce it was cooked in was so good we asked for spoons so we could savor every drop. Bravo to the chef and all the other staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious. Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Food was delicious. Our server was not friendly or attentive, which diminished our overall experience somewhat; my second such experience with wait staff which is disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Ingedients Well PreparedJimADined on 4/12/2014Mt first time here. I had the Rockfish and my guest had the scallops. Mine was slightly overcooked to my taste but the sauce and the presentation were superb. The scallops were large, 4 to the plate, and perfectly cooked. The sauce and presentation was on point. The side dish of fresh asparagus was perfectly cooked, not too soft, which I hate. The bread and olive oil prior to the meal was excellent. The choice of wines by the glass was limited. We advised the staff that we had tickets for an event and they managed their service accordingly. The service was attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:
- I love that b is nestled intonommerDined on 4/6/2014I love that b is nestled into Bolton Hill. the food was great and the wait staff was especially good, helpful and friendly without being overbearing. I'm excited to come back in the spring for outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Great food in a neat setting.JanrezDined on 4/5/2014We have been a few times to b Bistro and have really enjoyed our meals every time. The food encompasses many elements at the same time... creative, comfort, delicious fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had an absolutely greatkathyVIPDined on 4/5/2014we had an absolutely great time. Our only glitch in the evening - one member of our party ordered a medium burger. It came pretty rare. She ate a tiny tad of it, but when the waiter came back, and she told him she had ordered a medium burger and this was rare, his response was "do you want me to wrap that up? He missed the point unfortunately. Otherwise all of our appetizers, entrees and desserts were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014restaurant has an outstanding chef and really great wait staff we eat out often and one of our favorites very affordable wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why dont they askOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/1/2014My friend and I ordered a glass of wine each, and on the menu there was the glass and bottle price. when we recevied the bill the price was different, and when asked, I was told I ordered the large size glass and not the small one ($ 8.50 vs $11.00). well iguess I did not read the fine print and it was certainly not on the ordering side of the menu. waiters should ask which size the customer wants if there are in fact two sizes. wonderful food.Special Features:
- The food was great. The placeJTC4Dined on 3/29/2014The food was great. The place is small and got very cramped with 4 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.