1001 Westside Road
Healdsburg, CA 95448Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.madronamanor.com/
- Phone: 7074334231x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jesse Mallgren
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Madrona Manor can accomodate groups up to 80 in one of our 5 private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Arielle Larson 7074331542x111
A word from Madrona Manor
One mile from downtown Healdsburg, this Michelin one star restaurant is on a Victorian estate at the heart of Sonoma’s wine country. Chef Jesse Mallgren takes full advantage of a wealth of local seasonal produce, whenever possible from our estate gardens. Compose your own 6 course tasting menu or, at the whim of the chef, choose the Grande Dame pre-fixe menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Madrona Manor - Best Restaurants in Healdsburg ›
Madrona Manor reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (45)romantic (40)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (29)great for outdoor dining (29)scenic view (26)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Worth A Second Michelin StarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2013My wife and I had the Chef's Grande Dame menu, and every course was exceptional. The added off menu "treats" from the chef were a special touch. You can't beat 3 desserts when you have 14 courses! The service was outstanding, with nice descriptions of each course. We went out for a very nice meal and it turned into a truly memorable event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal, Best Service!gracefVIPDined on 11/8/2013As if it wasn't enough that the setting is beautiful and charming and the staff flawlessly attentive, the Chef's Tasting Menu was exceptional. Every single one of the items brought to our table was exquisite and delicious. The combination of flavors was perfect! How fortunate we felt to have found this restaurant on OpenTable. We will go back to Healdsburg just to dine again at this amazing, world class restaurant.Special Features:
- Interesting....AndrewVIPDined on 11/8/2013...is the best way to describe our dining experience. We opted for the 5-course menu, and there are a myriad of other little offerings.Some were excellent (e.g. the 3/4 eggshell with the zabaglione & the jicama) and others were just sort of silly (a tiny whole radish dipped in dried seaweed-seriously?)--but they certainly added to the overall experience of eating there. We were celebrating our anniversary, & had a lovely little table in a quiet corner-- Too bad 2 LOUD couples were then seated near us-.they detracted from the dinner and therefore I can't recommend this as a romantic spot. Overall it was a memorable meal, but probably not in the way we had hoped - and not the best food we've ever had.Special Features:
- TiredCarrieDined on 11/7/2013I was disappointed by the ambiance and overall meal. I felt like I was in my grandmother's tired old Victorian house, and the menu was typical of what seems to be the current "small bites of conceptual art" that passes for food these days. The service was attentive but a bit odd, and overall I was expecting much more.
- our twins' 44th birthdaydineoutoftenDined on 11/1/2013We chose the Manor to celebrate our twins' 44th birthday and what a great choice it was! We all (six of us) chose the Chef's Grande Dame of November 1, 2013, all ten plus courses of which were most delicious and will be unforgettable. The service was very good, as well as was the decor of the manor's dining rooms. A most exquisite restaurant which was recommended to us by a friend of our son and which we recommend further to any one visiting the Healdsburg area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and pretentiouswxyzDined on 10/24/2013The food was good. The servings were very small. We considered the restaurant very overpriced and pretentious.
- Always outstanding! The chefOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/23/2013Always outstanding! The chef came to greet us with our first amus buse special and ended our evening with another visit to inquire as to our dining experience. In our years of dining at Madrona Manor, it just keeps getting better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelin Star Is Well DeservedBen1Dined on 10/19/2013Excellent Dinner! Went with a crew of hard core foodies and everyone loved it (full tasting menu with wine pairings).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and delightfulmtnestVIPDined on 10/18/2013The Madrona Manor never fails to please. The staff is professional and charming. The food is outstanding. The wine list is excellent. It is pricey, but when you leave you feel like you got your money's worth!Special Features:
- Exceptional dining experienceMaralynDined on 10/11/2013What is so outstanding about the Manor are all of the tiny offerings (what fun!!) in between each serving - plus the exceptional selections within each course. The wait staff has been trained with great detail to each item and it shows with their knowledge and delivery. Highly highly recommended for a fabulous adult experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the OccasionZoeldarDined on 10/9/2013Had a fantastic meal on the veranda...what a great setting and innovative cuisine. We settled on the Tasting menu, in Jesse's fine hands. I think there were more "amuses" and samples than the actual # of courses, so we were continually trying something new. Highlight was the Kobe beef - as rich as any I've ever had (almost a rich as the foie gras amuse!) but with that sear/crust that was heavenly. Desserts were amazing as well. Don't get much better than this... ZSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet ExperiencegeezerDined on 10/5/2013it's tasting menu of 10 courses and 7 amuse bouse add-ons is a fine dining experience for adventuresome palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy Menu OptionsSnakeoilVIPDined on 10/4/2013This hotel/restaurant only offered a 5 course or 10 course option. My wife and I had planned on ordering light as we had a late lunch. We were forced to order one or the other. My wife did not like the options on the 5 course, so we ended up ordering the 10 course. It was a long experience. We wish this restaurant, which has a gorgeous setting, was more accommodating and had a la carte options. We would not recommend this restaurant until they rework their menu options.Special Features:
- Beautiful Delicious Dinnerhereford29Dined on 10/3/2013We had a party of 6. Everything was great from the Somme's recommedations on the wine to the multiple courses of delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly perfecttwfwinedudeDined on 10/2/2013We were a group of four who all selected the five course price fixe dinner. My wife and I also had the wine pairings option. The service was outstanding throughout the dinner. We felt that the presentation of all of the courses and the various small bites included through the course of the dinner was great, especially the "potpourri" dessert. We did feel that some of the courses could have had a bit more "pop" to them, that is, more intense flavors. As a wine aficionado, I felt that a couple of the wine pairings could have been better. I also felt that for the amount that we paid for the wine pairings, a larger pour or a second pour could be offered without significantly hurting the restaurant's bottom line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable find in HealdsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/29/2013Cyrus used to be the "go to" in Healdsburg for a decadent fine dining experience. Now that it has closed, I was looking for another special place to celebrate my significant other's birthday. Madrona Manor IS that place. The experience was absolutely phenomenal. From the moment we entered the beautifully manicured grounds, we knew this place was special. The staff is friendly and savvy, the food is absolutely spectacular, the wine pairings spot on, and the price is very reasonable for an experience of this caliber. Absolutely recommend without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the 5 best dinnersPassionateChefVIPDined on 9/26/2013We have dined all over the globe and this was a winner. The service was friendly (take note French Laundry). It could use a little more polish, but we enjoyed the team that served us very much. The food was exquisite. Jessie, the chef personally delivered two of the three amuse bouche to us and each was better than the next. The poached egg in onion velouté is not to be missed. The heirloom tomatoes were a visual work of art combining intense flavors with dexterous design. The Rabbit and Kobe beef were perfectly prepared. Desserts were delightful and intriguing. I highly recommend Madrona to anyone that is looking for a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceRSB1VIPDined on 9/21/2013We dined at Madrona Manor with friends to celebrate their wedding anniversary. The setting was wonderful, on the large veranda. Our waiter could not have been nicer and more professional. She thoughtfully explained all aspects of the menu on request, made wonderful suggestions when asked and provided quiet, unobtrusive service and attention throughout our meal. The Sommelier was excellent in recommending a wine based on the different entrees we each ordered - and he did NOT recommend the most expensive wines! The food was delicious, creative and beautiful. The evening was a truly lovely and memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD AS ARTLOCALDined on 9/20/2013HAD NOT BEEN THERE IN YEARS AND WANTED TO GIVE IT A TRY. GREAT BUILDING NICE GARDENS AND NICE DININGROOM. THATS WHERE IT ENDED.THE SIX COURSE DINNER TURNED OUT TO BE A FEW LITTLE BLOBS OF FANCY LOOKING FOOD ON DECORATED PLATES. EACH COURSE WAS A FORK FULL AT BEST. WE BROUGHT OUR OWN WINE AND THE CORKAGE WAS $25.00 WHICH WAS OK BUT THE TOTAL BILL FOR TWO WITH TWO COCKTAILS WAS $285.00 AND WE WERE NOT THAT FULL. SERVICE WAS GREAT,NICE YOUNG STAFF,BUT AS EACH COURSE CAME OUT WE JUST THOUGHT THAT IN WINE COUNTRY ONE WOULD EXPECT MORE, FOOD !! WHAT WAS THERE WAS GOOD,THE CHEF HAS A GOOD TOUCH FOR TASTE AND PRESENTATION BUT THE CONCEPT DID NOT WORK FOR US. FRIENDS LATER TOLD US TO EXPECT TO PAY BIG BUCKS FOR VERY LITTLE FOOD. WONT DO IT AGAIN!!Special Features:
- A Memorable NightautumndinerDined on 9/20/2013We won't soon forget our memorable night on the patio...one of the highlights of our time in Sonoma. Thank you!Special Features:
- Fabulous!ShrazzyVIPDined on 9/15/2013What a great find! We were attracted by the Michelin star and stellar user reviews, perhaps a bit uneasy about the "Manor" look and title, but it was great! View of the pastoral California hills from the Manor porch was magical. Dinner: outside on the wide, pillared veranda. (Picture Scarlett O’Hara.) Staff: competent, attentive, cheerful, diverse. 5 delicious courses to choose, delightful chef's intermezzos between. Plates were imaginative, beautiful and delicious. Exceptional experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2013Madrona & Jesse made anniversary very special. A wonderful evening with terrific food, outstanding service & a romantic memory. Absolutely perfect..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tenth Anniversary DinnerDebMotoDined on 9/13/2013Incredible dining experience (once again). Every bite was an adventure and discovery~ I will always recommend Madrona Manor for a special occasion dining experience! The Grand Dame is the way to go but make sure you have plenty of time (3+ hours)!Special Features:
- out satanding experance every timeRichDined on 9/13/2013This place is one of our best loved places to have a wonderful meal and a great time of talking with each other. I is a great place for a group get together as well. Staff are exceptional in all that they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceLVC2dineDined on 9/11/2013This was our last evening after a very enjoyable three weeks exploring California. It was a lovely end to our holiday. The atmosphere is charming and the staff are attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The menu was really interesting and several inventive delicacies were served along the way. We are from the UK and have experience of dining in several Michelin starred restaurants across Europe. The restaurant has one Michelin star. It deserves at least two stars. Well done !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!IspykaiVIPDined on 9/6/2013I was pleasantly surprised with this restaurant. The service was impeccable and the food was beautiful and delicious. I find it a nice touch when the chef brought out the first amuse bouche and also came out to talk to us about our experience afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bestWinethiefDined on 9/1/2013French service with awesome food. Not run of the mill. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Sonoma GemSteveVIPDined on 8/30/2013Quite a spot...and the food, service and ambiance were all there. If you enjoy classical settings and protocol combined with contemporary cuisine and knowledgeable staff, this is a definite must. Don't plan anything else for the evening, since "the experience" is, by necessity, extended!Special Features:
- Excellent DiningKDfoodDined on 8/28/2013We had dinner with our family on the patio, it was outstanding.One of the most memorable dinners for all five of us being together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing - go now!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2013Amazing. Simply superb! Joseph your protege has alot to live up to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at Madrona ManorMontrachet4meDined on 8/21/2013Madrona Manor is trying to emulate the French Laundry or Per Se. I have been to both. They need to shorten the time between courses. The meal seemed to take forever. For some reason the waiters spoke in such low tones we couldn't understand them. There was one course which was a tiny leaf on a rock that verged on the ridiculous. On the positive side, the soup was fabulous as was the dessert. The beef course was only OK. The setting is stunning and the veranda is one of the most beautiful places I have ever dined. Overall, I would say Madrona Manor is on the right track, just shorten the time between courses and don't get too cute with toy food on rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/18/2013From the minute you arrive you are welcomed with beauty....the staff is warm, welcoming and very knowledgeable...then there's the food and wine...we went for the Chefs "Grande Dame"...Chef Jesse is amazing....everything was delicious and perfectly prepared, including the palate cleansers served between courses....the wine pairings were equally wonderful. The only complaint I have has nothing to do with the Madrona Manor....it was the other guests, who came to this incredible dinner dressed like they had pulled up to a fast food place instead of this Michelin starred restaurant....come on people...dress appropriately...it makes the whole experience all the better. Wonderful Night...Exquisite Food and Wine....We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to befuzzcheeksVIPDined on 8/11/2013I've dined here a number of times and have noticed that the portions are getting smaller, while the price tag is increasing. At this rate, the meal will be best enjoyed with tweezers and a magnifying glass.
- Wine Country diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2013This is a charming inn with an old world character. The service is impeccable. The food is served in small portions, as in a tasting menu. There were, for example about four tiny amuse bouche to start the meal. I would prefer more options a la carte. This is not a place for a quick meal.Special Features:
- Excellent, but very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013Food and presentations were excellent, but portions were very small. Also, very expensive! Two people = $500 with wine and tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "A great dining experience"Herman7Dined on 8/4/2013We chose the Grand Dame menu and every course--and the amuse buches served between the courses--were all superb. The portion size was very appropriate as well. We did not leave overly stuffed but were certainly not hungry. Equal to the food is the experience itself. The taste of the courses was enhanced by the explanation of each by a waiter who explained exactly what was on the plate and how it was prepared. To cap the experience, as we left we were presented with a bag of homemade caramel corn as a "midnight snack." It goes without saying that this was also superb. If you are in the Sonoma County area, I highly recommend this world-class restaurant. It is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special Night Out2SonomadinersDined on 8/4/2013The four people in our party went here to celebrate a birthday. We had gone once before and were looking forward to a lovely dinner. We were not disappointed! The chilled champagne we ordered for the table was there waiting as we sat down and the birthday boy was given his menu first and found it was personalized! The wait staff were gracious and helpful, not stuffy and provided the perfect amount of care. The dishes served were so different and delicious and the presentation was spectacular. This is a special occasion restaurant as it is not cheap but it IS well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulladycradyVIPDined on 7/27/2013Beautiful food, Beautiful wine, Beautiful view with fantastic friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value seems to be slippingwoodmanVIPDined on 7/27/2013We've dined at Madrona annually for the past five years. The service, ambiance, and quality of the food has always been outstanding. The staff make it a memorable meal. However, and maybe we've lost perspective, the small to begin with dishes seem to be getting even smaller, while cost has increased to a point where we question the value. At $400+ for two, including a $120 bottle of wine, we will probably not return next year and will miss it.Special Features:
- One of the Best in Northern CA.ChuckVIPDined on 7/24/2013On a trip to the Russian River we wanted to take our 13 year old granddaughter to one special dinner. The one restaurant that came to mind was Madrona Manor. Unfortunately we were unable to book a room for three, but the restaurant had seating available. This was our 5th or 6th visit, and as always it was the highlight of our trip. Bring your wallet and enjoy the experience. Between the quality ingredients, the flawless presentation, and excellent service you get what you pay for. We opted for the wine pairing and enjoyed each pour. By the end of the evening we were served nearly twelve courses and no one wine would have been compatible with everything being served. For a special occasion, and a memorable dining experience, give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.