The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
76 Arlington St.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/boston-back-bay/specials
- Phone: 6173577007x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European, Continental
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Arlington and Columbus
- Public Transit: Stops Green Line to Arlington
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available for $10 at the 200 Stuart Street Garage, adjacent to the Revere Hotel (formerly Radisson Hotel).
Rate is valid for up to three hours after 3 p.m. weekdays and anytime weekends with chaser ticket provided at The Melting Pot.
A word from The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
Welcome to The Melting Pot. We offer a truly unique dining experience created by the art of fondue. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for cheese fondue paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (34)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Amazing spot. 4-course mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2013Amazing spot. 4-course meal was the most food I think I've ever eaten in one sitting. Service was great - let us go early to catch a movie and allowed us to come back for dessert at another time since we were running late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $$, but worth the experienceAPHLBOSDined on 11/17/2013The Melting Pot was a great experience. As college students on a budget, we were a little intimidated by the price of the entrees. A group of 4, we were able to split 2 cheese fondues and 2 dessert fondues and be completely satisfied for a late lunch/early dinner. Our server was fantastic with recommendations and impressive with making our fondues right at the table. Also noticed on the way out that they have some wonderfully romantic looking date corners for 2. I would definitely recommend this for birthdays or getting together to catch up with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and yummy!IrishfoodieDined on 11/16/2013We went to The Melting Pot for a group birthday celebration. Our waiter, Jo-an, was absolutely fantastic. Professional yet fun. The food was wonderful. Our only complaint was it got quite hot with the steam from the fondue pot. I would absolutely go there again.Special Features:
- A quiet romantic ambienceTacheDined on 11/16/2013A quiet romantic ambience was created by. Thre location of ours seating: a corn fear booth in an area of similar seating..no larger groups..excellent recommendations and service by TomSpecial Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2013From the reservation call to getting the check the service was exceptional. It was our first time at the melting pot, the waiter was nice, explained how ordering worked. I loved everything about our experience there. Can't wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chain restaurant with a twist.likeamisteryVIPDined on 11/12/2013The Melting Pot is a fun place to go on occasion. The food is pricey, but the on-table fondue is a fun experience. The cheese and dessert courses are totally worth it. The entrées... eh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining "experience"sommyDined on 11/11/2013You don't pay for the food. You pay for the dining experience. We went for our first anniversary here. I called ahead and had flowers and chocolates arranged on the table which was nice. The food was pretty good. I did think it was overpriced obviously. So I would call this a good place to go perhaps once a year at the most. At the table we sat at, it was really hard to fish food out of the cooking bowl. The bowl was placed on the corner of the table. I would have preferred for the food to be on the center of the table. It was not very accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Total Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013The Melting Pot isn't just a restaurant, it is a total dining experience. Some of the menu items are prepared for you, in front of you while others you cook yourself. The atmosphere is so relaxing yet exciting. The food is always top quality. One of my favorite restaurants and always the restaurant my 17 year-old asks to go to when we are in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would rate it higher overalldaisyDined on 11/8/2013I would rate it higher overall if it was less expensive! Desert was the best!Special Features:
- A Lot of FoodTheGreeksDined on 10/31/2013We did the 4 course meal which is definitely cost effective but it was just way too much to eat. I would go back again but just have the cheese fondue and the dessert fondue. Service was excellent. The environment okay, not great in the interior design department. All the rest was average. Priced on the high side for what it is.Special Features:
- Great fondue experiencemitchDined on 10/25/2013Really enjoyed our fondue meal! I loved the 4 course dining experience. Took about 3 hours to eat, but it was nice to take our time cooking the meal and enjoying each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot - Bostonkmallen27Dined on 10/25/2013Everything about this restaurant was fantastic - the service was stellar and the food was amazing. I highly recommend the Spinach and Artichoke cheese fondue and the S'Mores fondue was to die for!! I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outSoupDined on 10/25/2013Really fun time out. Great atmosphere in the restaurant. Service was excellent. A little pricey but you certainly get what you pay forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- low quality servicemd21Dined on 10/24/2013we could have literally ate, and left without paying and go unnoticed. at one point, we waited at least 10 minutes for the waitress to come over to us. food was decent at best, juices were really good, but service was bad enough that i do not want to go back.Special Features:
- Must have patience & good attitudeKristenDined on 10/19/2013I always enjoy the Melting Pot, but I always plan to be there for at least 3 hours and have a great deal of patience. The service is incredibly slow. It's a great place to go and just hang with your friends, drink wine and eat a massive amount of fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeColinDDined on 10/19/2013I couldn't have asked for a better place to have a romantic evening. The server was funny, but professional. Made us feel right at home. I'd recommend this place to anybody for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...butKmacDined on 10/5/2013Food is great, pricey but good. Service started off good but then went downhill. We waited for quite sometime for drinks, was not explained about extra charges ( cheese for 2 instead of 1 is $8.95 more). While I don't mind paying at all, it would have been nice to have a heads up. They sat myself and my friend in what I will refer to as the kids section. There were 2 tables with 3 little kids at each table. Everytime another family came, they were seated in the same area.Special Features:
- Fun and tastyJustinVDined on 10/3/2013This was our first time in a Melting Pot and the service was really great, our waitress Shelly was really nice (and a Bruin's fan). We did the four course experience to really get the full fondue tasting. The cheese fondue was tasty (we did spinach and artichoke option), salads were small but tasty and the lobster tail mix with the tropical blend fondue was nice, the highlight was the chocolate fondue dessert which was just the right balance of chocolate and peanut butter and the right amount to leave us full but not stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Bad ServiceSamiPDined on 9/28/2013Waited even with a reservation, when sat we were given some memorized welcome speech while the woman looked away, rattling it off as quickly as she could & then told us our server, Sherry would be right over & "was amazing." If she's amazing, I can't fathom having one of their average servers. She came by 15 min after we were sat, she saw waters & said, oh you're all set with drinks, I'll give you more time. We had to half yell to order, waited 20-25 min after finishing each course before she'd come back. After asking for our 1st drink, we had to ask someone else for our 2nd drink. When she made it to our table she spoke in record time, and promptly ran away again. Wasn't busy, many open tables, only 2 people at the bar. Awful.
- Great night outTogoDined on 9/28/2013We celebrated my son's 13th birthday here and it was perfect! My kids 13 and 10 had never done fondue before so i wasn't sure what to expect! They absolutely loved cooking their own food and dipping in the delicious sauces. Of course, the chocolate was the best part! My son thought we should come every year on his birthday! I would not recommend for children under 10.... It's a long dining experience not good for young or picky eaters. Our waiter was attentive and entertaining.... A terrific experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most amazing waiter!RomanticfailVIPDined on 9/24/2013I brought my 4 children here for my oldest child's 10th birthday dinner. Our waiter was so amazing, managing a table of 4 small children for a 2 hour dinner experience. He even delivered and explained the dessert course to the tune of Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompa song!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placeBostonfoodieDined on 9/23/2013My boyfriend and I came here for out anniversary and loved it! The food is amazing and the experience is so fun yet so romantic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free Goodness!GlutenFreeGirlDined on 9/20/2013Melting Pot pulls out all the stops for their gluten free guests. I ate there with two friends who are not gluten free, and I never once felt like I was missing out, not even during the dessert course! Thanks, Melting Pot, for being AWESOME :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with DaughtersPickyPalateDined on 9/15/2013I recently visited the Melting Pot for the first time with my two daughters prior to going to the Opera House to see Wicked. We had a lovely time sampling the interesting food, and eating at a very relaxing pace. The service was great and the atmoshere allowed for a lovely expereince with great conversation. This place is a winner :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceESJSDined on 9/14/2013This was our first time at this location, but it did not disappoint. The service was great and we especially like how each booth is very private so you feel as if you are the only ones in the whole restaurant. Our only issue was that one staff member kept vacuuming near our table which was really distracting and annoying. Otherwise, it the meal was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foo!KetchDined on 9/13/2013I've never tried Fondu before, but it was so much fun! So many options, not just the cheese (which I was nervous about because I can be a picky eater). I went with my grandparents and it was perfect because they can't hear very well and it wasn't very noisy and the booth setup made all the tables pretty private. Service is a little slow, but I think they were just busy. Plus, the waiters are great and they mix all the fondu things right at your table. DEFINITELY try the chocolate fondu, but all the courses were great. Overall, loved this place, would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fondue But Not EnoughDinerDined on 9/12/2013Their food is delicious, but you do not get much for what you pay. I did not feel full after finishing eating.Special Features:
- Great food w ok serviceChocolateloverDined on 9/7/2013We went out for a special treat to the melting pot. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was fabulous but the service left something to be desired. It took quite a while to even get drinks and we had to ask for everything extra we needed including napkins and the check at the end of our meal. For a relatively slow night it surprised us that this was the case. We were seated in the lounge near the bar which was not ideal but worked out ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st anniversary Romance PackageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2013I booked a table for our first anniversary and as a bonus I wanted to surprise my husband with the "romance package". When we arrived in the restaurant, the staff wished us a happy anniversary and we got a nice, quiet table. The romance package included a metal picture frame (they took a picture when we had our chocolate fondue), three strawberries dipped in chocolate and a red rose. I liked the idea but they just put everything in one line on the table. Here I would have wished for a nicer arrangement. The food was as excellent as it always is. Swapping things (if you don't like something e.g.) is never a big deal. We got really pampered. Our cheesecake (for the chocolate fondue) even had a candle on it. We just love it there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible late night serviceRomanticfailVIPDined on 8/31/2013Went late and had the slowest service possible. It took almost an hour and half to just get cheese and chocolate. Had to hunt down a waiter for silverware and water refills. Great food as always but servers had obviously already checked out for the night.Special Features:
- The wine was the perfect temperaturBritishCarolVIPDined on 8/31/2013The wine was the perfect temperature, the salads were delicious and the fondues were exceptional and fun to do.Special Features:
- go to switzerlandManuelDined on 8/30/2013The creators of the concept have no idea of what a fondue should be.
- excellence all aroundIheartfoodDined on 8/28/2013My fiance and I had a wonderful evening. The staff was untouchable and food to die for. Loved it.Special Features:
- It was a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2013It was a great experience. It was our anniversary and they made it special by bringing over our dessert with a candle. A nice little touch. I would recommend this restaurant and would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!ShatzyDined on 8/23/2013Took my fiancée for her birthday. Had a great time!! Food and service were excellent. Expensive, but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionguv123Dined on 8/22/2013Great for special occasions when you want to have good family or friendly chatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for kids, the slowestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2013Not for kids, the slowest service ever. We had to leave before dessert bc it was taking forever.Special Features:
- Perfect for Girl Time!ChicaDined on 8/15/2013The restaurant was perfect for catching up time and not rushing to eat our food. It made us slow down and eat whether we wanted to or not. Nice to actually sit down for a meal and enjoy it over a 1.5-2.0 hour period. Our waiter was sweet and it was nice how the whole staff helped keep each other on top of bussing tables and refilling glasses. Definitely worth the experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, inconistent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2013Absolutely delicious cheese fondue and dessert fondue. Not crazy about boiling meats but for what it was, it was done well. First server didn't know anything about the three course special or the children's menu. Second server was good but disappeared for a good 30 minutes after our main course. She made it up by bringing our dessert up asap but the service, overall, was disappointing. It's was a two and a half stay overall which was just too long for the kids.
- Efficient service, friendly...eatoutDined on 8/3/2013Efficient service, friendly... food significantly varied to keep all diners happy. Silverware could have been cleaner!! Fork looked like it had not been washed and I am not particularly fussy. That was the only downside. My 13 yr old daughter loved it... was her birthday and wants to return with her friends. Recommend the 4 course menu, was great value for money and the duck cooked that way was to die for.Special Features: