The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
76 Arlington St.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/boston-back-bay/specials
- Phone: 6173577007x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European, Continental
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Arlington and Columbus
- Public Transit: Stops Green Line to Arlington
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available for $10 at the 200 Stuart Street Garage, adjacent to the Revere Hotel (formerly Radisson Hotel).
Rate is valid for up to three hours after 3 p.m. weekdays and anytime weekends with chaser ticket provided at The Melting Pot.
A word from The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
Welcome to The Melting Pot. We offer a truly unique dining experience created by the art of fondue. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for cheese fondue paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (34)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fun for kids!kathDined on 3/16/2014Took my 11 year old here for her Birthday, her and her friends loved the food and novelty of eating fondue. We had the fun, the service was good, thee food was fresh and well presented. The kids are usually fussy eaters and they everything on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff made the dayJphelanDined on 3/15/2014Let me say that our server, Vanessa made the experience worth while. Her demeanor and obvious commitment to making sure we had a great time, was top shelf. I would come back just for that alone. The food was great and I'm glad we went. Again, I cannot say enough about Vanessa, it was our 31st wedding anniversary and she made it special. Thanks again and we look forward to dining there real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but noisy neighborOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Met our expectations as we have been to Melting Pots in the past. As we have children, this is written with it in mind that we arranged to have childcare in order to enjoy our dinner without that atmosphere. Perhaps attempting to seat those with children at a restaurant like this together and those without accordingly would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingAbbieODined on 3/2/2014Eating at the Melting Pot is an interesting experience because of the way they present the food to you. You get to cook your own food. Its very hands on. If you feel like being served cooked, already prepared food, this is not the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedyummybearVIPDined on 3/1/2014After seeing the Melting Pot in Back Bay, Boston, my wife & I thought this would be a fun & interesting place to try. The beer & cheese fondue was good, had plenty of bread & veggies. The main course not as good. The meats were very good but the the veggies came out raw for us to cook in a fondue. We never got the potatoes fully cooked, cooking the meats was a learning curve and maybe that's was our problem. We were hungry but tried to wait for the potatoes & other veggies to cook. By then, we had eaten all of the 2 meat portions we had ordered. I think if the veggies were par-boiled, this would have been much more enjoyable. The deserts were great. Had the chocolate turtle fondue. Over all, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't for us.
- Romantic dinner for Fondue lovers!AlexGQ28Dined on 2/27/2014Although we didn't get to enjoy the Entrees and the 4-course meal experience since we were pressed for time, we thoroughly enjoyed the cheese Fondue, the salads, and the chocolate Fondue. The fact that our table was separate from everything else made us feel like if this restaurant was catering to us alone and we loved it! Great experience, great environment, awesome food, and friendly and helpful staff. Definitely recommend it to ALL foodies and hopeless romantics out there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightSouthiedrumsVIPDined on 2/26/2014This is a fun thing to do for a date night. Not an every week thing. The food is pretty much all boiled, so if you're cool with that, you'll enjoy it. The broths are all pretty decent, and the quality of the proteins is decent. Service was solid. Manager is very attentive. You'll have a fun time. It is a unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Genuine SurpriseDebiJohnDined on 2/22/2014We expected something unusual from a "fondue restaurant", but the presentation, atmosphere and service were above and beyond what we imagined. A fantastic place for a romantic time and the extra romance "packages" made the experience even more special. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you expect from a fondue chainJaclynDined on 2/15/2014"FAIR." The melting pot was nothing spectacular. It was average food and average service. We got desert and drinks this time, but going for dinner is about the same experience. The chocolate fondue was bland and tasted cheap. The waitress brought our drinks and food out at the same time which was odd and poorly timed. She also neglected to give us napkins. The mojito had a lot of flavoring syrup in it, which ruined the freshness you'd associate with a mojito. For 2 drinks and chocolate fondue the bill was $40. I wouldn't return because I haven't experienced anything special or enjoyable here. It just exists. The restaurant itself was unorganized and had sticky surfaces. I would pick a different fondue place for a more enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Watery cheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014The cheese fondue we got was too watery. The entrees took way longer than we were instructed to cook fully. And I had a coupling for free strawberries which the waitress took but never gave me my strawberries. I left and only when I got home and saw a commercial for chocolate covered strawberries did I realize I never got mine. Also we were sat next to a group in which the guy was being extremely rude to the waitress and was with some scantily clad ladies who looked like they belonged on a backpages in the escorts section! Very unhappy with my experience here.
- good meal long experiencemelatingpotDined on 2/1/2014The food was good, the service people were great but the waiting, was wayyyyy to longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Always a fun time and the food is good. Fondue is what it is -- more about the experience, but the food is fresh, the service is top notch and Back Bay The Melting Pot always delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A family favorite! 4 coursesIeateverydayDined on 2/1/2014A family favorite! 4 courses takes a long time, but it's fun and delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014While pricey, the experience the Melting Pot serves is memorable for all. I took two of my friends and we went for the 4 Course Experience (HIGHLY recommend this!). The cheddar fondue that is made in front of you is mouthwatering and compliments the bread and veggie dippers. Salads are elegant, and their Caesar salad is superb. For my main course I always choose the Seafood Trio, which is delicious, but when I look back on it, nothing really THAT impressive. I'll try for a steak combination next time. And the dessert...absolutely to die for. Dark chocolate fondue with assorted brownies, marshmallows, cheesecake...perfect way to top off the experience! The atmosphere is elegant and the waiters are superb, but expect to spend 2-3 hours here!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutDashingDinerDined on 1/31/2014We had an awesome ladies night out, perfect for a bunch of professional thirty-somethings. Friday night early dinner was quiet, no wait at the door. Staff was good looking and pleasant. Extensive wine menu, great for chocolate and cheese fondue pairings. I ordered Chocoloate covered strawberries that were brought with the bill for my friends as thank yous for being the awesome gal pals they are!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert.FabfoodDined on 1/25/2014Perfect way to cap off the night with dessert, yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue YES, Service NOAdamWestDined on 1/25/2014Melting Pot is consistent and the fondue is wonderful. However, on this particular occasion our service delivered the first course and then forgot about us. We had to ask other servers to get us water and to order dessert. It was unacceptable. When we finally saw our server about an hour later she explained that she was given a large party and they asked her to split the check 20 ways which took time. We did not mind that she had the large party but someone should have told us and the restaurant should have made arrangements to have another server handle our servers' tables while she was busy with the large party. When I mentioned something to the hostess on the way out, the only thing she said was, "oh, I hate when that happens."Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014For it being my first time I was very impressed and enjoyed myself completely! I will definitely visit again and tell my family and friends all about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveleopardgirl0123Dined on 1/23/2014the food was so good and the waitress was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful BirthdaymeperiDined on 1/22/2014We were a party of three, celebrating a birthday on a freezing night. It was my first time at a fondue style restaurant. Our server was very good at explaining both the menu and the process of cooking at the table. His recommendations were spot in in terms of choices and the food was very fresh. The ambience was unremarkable to me. I know there were some smaller private rooms that would be great for a larger group. I would like to return with many other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a chill winter nightEmoYoungDined on 1/17/2014We decided to hang out over at the melting pot after the Christmas break, and the mood was so great for that. The food was great and different from other places that we had a unique time having the hot pot in American way. Also the night was a little cold, and nothing beats sitting around a hot pot and eating freshly boiled food with a stick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentwestenderVIPDined on 1/16/2014We had not had fondue in probably 30 years, so thought it might be fun to try The Melting Pot. There are other things on the menu, but really, if you go to a place with a heating element in the middle of the table, why wouldn't you order fondue? We each had a salad, and we shared the class fondue. The salads were not large, but good. The fondue was created right in front of us by our very pleasant server. She definitely knew her business and was very willing to discuss what she was doing any why. It was a pleasant meal and something different. We were dining before the theatre, and our server was very good about watching the clock for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little priceyfattymcbutterpantsVIPDined on 1/11/2014Love fondue places makes you take your time....little pricey for the amount of food you get...have to order the dessert...smores is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!AmandaDined on 1/10/2014My boyfriend and I came here for a late anniversary celebration and we were not disappointed! We ordered the 4 course meal. It was such a unique dining experience. The lobster was amazing. I think next time I have to try the banana foster dessert.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLauraDined on 12/27/2013This was our first trip to the Melting Pot and it was a great experience! We definitely plan on coming back! It was very romantic and the server was super polite and a funny and kept our interest. The private seating was unexpected... we were pleasantly surprised by it. It definitely helps set the mood. The only recommendation we would have is to streamline the menu. The server was very helpful with explaining it but otherwise slightly confusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve at the Melting PotjohnrobDined on 12/24/2013My daughters and I have made this out holiday tradition for the last 8 years. We always enjoy! The menu has improved a bit, and the service is good - they are always wage to please.Special Features:
- Fun Christmas Eve dinner with Kids!RarenightoutDined on 12/24/2013We looked for a festive, kid-friendly and fun dinner for Christmas Eve, and The Melting Pot filled the bill. Food was quite good and service was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve DinnerdotjackieDined on 12/24/2013My fiancée and I had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at the Melting Pot. We've been to the Melting Pot several times before and we knew that we would need about two hours for our reservation, so we opted for a very early 5 o'clock reservation. At that time, we were basically the only people in the restaurant. Our waiter, James, was attentive and sweet. Because it was so quiet, there was time for us to chat whenever he checked on us. The food was, as always, delicious. In the past, we would order the Big Night Out which is portioned for two people. This is no longer on the menu, so we each opted for the 4-course experience. We always enjoy visiting the Melting Pot for special occasions and this visit was one of the best we've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experience for a changeGingergVIPDined on 12/21/2013We had an overall positive experience despite a 911 call and someone being taken away on a stretcher before the meal started. The food was pretty good and cooking it ourselves was fun with the teenagers. An engaging and busy meal. The quality was high and fun to make all kinds of choices. The ambiance is pretty squalid and it was extremely hot. The waitress was nice but seemed a bit harriedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll Eat Till You DieiesAdvisorsDined on 12/20/2013The food is unbelievable. I not only ate all 4 courses of my meal, but 2 of my finances when she was too full. The experience is fun, the atmosphere is romantic, and the food is impeccable. A perfect restaurant if you're staying at the Park Plaza Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a fun place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2013It was a fun place to eat. Different experience. The fondou was the highlight for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came in on Saturday Dec.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013We came in on Saturday Dec. 7th at 4pm. The hostess was not welcoming or friendly. She did not smile at all and when I tried to ask a question she was not friendly or responsive. Really not a good first impression. Our waitress was nice and pleasant. We had an enjoyable meal and we like the Melting Pot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance but horrible foodsojiiiiiDined on 12/6/2013I went there on a Friday night as a little nice eat-out with my boyfriend. We were seated in a separated booth seat and that gave us a very private feel. While our server was very friendly, his service was extremely slow. As of food, we decided to have the cheese fondue and salad. The fondue came with assorted vegetable and bread pieces but they tasted a little stale. Beside, the portion was too small. For 2 of us, we each had a piece of broccoli, a carrot, and a tomato... The cheese was so bitter and I didn't like it at all. We were going to take a look at the chocolate fondue menu but left without ordering it because we didn't want to drop anymore money for the food with this level of quality.Special Features:
- Great serviceKaylaDined on 12/1/2013I went to this back bay location the other night with my husband and parents and we had an excellent time. Our server was DJ am he was on point with everything. DJ was one of the only servers who I actually would go back to the restaurant for. I have been to many different melting pots and this one stood out. THANK YOU DJ ! Keep up the phenomenal service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantvdeshDined on 11/27/2013Nice but pricy restaurant with great preparation. Food, wine and service all were outstanding.Special Features:
- Smelly!NewFavoriteDined on 11/27/2013If you want to go to a dark room an smell steam from everyone's pot of food then you should go to melting pot. Besides cheese fondue and chocolate fondue I did not like the concept. The server was super nice.
- Fondu RulesFoodie4lifeDined on 11/24/2013I have read complaints about the food being pricey; I have eaten at several Melting Pots, and the price was comparable. The waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. It was a bitter cold night, but the restaurant was perfectly heated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO EXPENSIVE... TOO MUCH WORKSOUTHSHOREJOHNDined on 11/23/2013It just wasn't for us. The four of us are 60+ and we just thought it was too much work with the end result being food that tastes just okay... except for the chocolate which was delicious. Also, our bill (including one drink each) came to about $245 after tip... just too much money for not enough pleasure. Besides, it took way too long...more than 3 hours... so keep that in mind when you park. The parking validation deal is void when you go more than 3 hours.
- Great fun eatingMartyVIPDined on 11/23/2013This was the first time my wife and I went to the Melting Pot. The service was great as the wait staff walked us thru how to fondueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing spot. 4-course mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2013Amazing spot. 4-course meal was the most food I think I've ever eaten in one sitting. Service was great - let us go early to catch a movie and allowed us to come back for dessert at another time since we were running late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.