The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
76 Arlington St.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/boston-back-bay/specials
- Phone: 6173577007x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European, Continental
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Arlington and Columbus
- Public Transit: Stops Green Line to Arlington
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available for $10 at the 200 Stuart Street Garage, adjacent to the Revere Hotel (formerly Radisson Hotel).
Rate is valid for up to three hours after 3 p.m. weekdays and anytime weekends with chaser ticket provided at The Melting Pot.
A word from The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
Welcome to The Melting Pot. We offer a truly unique dining experience created by the art of fondue. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for cheese fondue paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)romantic (39)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (24)hot spot (8)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Confusing pricing on the menu. 4 table burners, waitress forgot to light 2, and another burned dry before food arrived. Needed more clear explanation of meat platters, instructions. Salads not good, limp greens. Staff spilled salads on carpet next to our table in the lane of traffic - wasn't cleaned up for at least 15 minutes - embarrassing for the restaurant. Three big screen TV's in the small dining room - felt like a sports bar. Took a real long time for the waitress to come get the credit card after the bill was delivered - some in the party couldn't wait and left ahead of others - not what we wanted. This was a graduation celebration dinner for a family of 11 who travelled up to 4 hours just for this dinner - real disappointed.
- Make sure to ask if it's a holiday!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014Disappointed that they had a limited menu with no tapas available. I called to change the reservation and no one told me that with it being a holiday (which Mother's Day is not really) that there would be a limited menu. Also, the only reason we went was because of a gift certificate that we then found out we couldn't use because it was a "holiday". Overall disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Delicious food. Fun fondue. Small portions of food thoughSpecial Features:
- Yummy and funAarongrn14Dined on 4/12/2014Fighting for space in the boiling broth or to get that last bit of delicious chocolate in the bottom of the pot, a wonderful dining experience is to be had! Food choices lean heavy on seafood but they graciously adjusted to meet your needs! Food was delicious and the array of sauces made every bite different! I went with a few of my guy friends and had a blast but I know going on a romantic date here would be even more enjoyable! Be prepared to spend a bit of money but they announced good deals for cheese/dessert specials at happy hour, which were my favorite courses! But the money is worth it and I will excitedly go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful servicecaliforniastarDined on 4/12/2014The food at this restaurant is great. I have been here two times before this but took my husband as a special occasion because he had never tried it. The selection is tremendous and the portions are just right. It takes a good 2 hours for a 4 course meal though so make sure you have time set aside for that. Service was great, they worked wonderful together as a team and cleaned up after each course promptly. Quiet and the ambiance was dark and romantic. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightAfroninjaDined on 4/11/2014The melting pot has specific corner booths set up especially for 2 people. I took my girlfriend there this past Friday and we both loved it. Very romantic and not too expensive, though it can add up quickly. Highly recommended for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, awful musicbrunchDined on 4/10/2014the sinatra was fine, but then some pretty painful lounge music after thatSpecial Features:
- The Melting Pot of Boston/BackAnniversaryDined on 4/10/2014The Melting Pot of Boston/Back Bay is a romantic fondue restaurant. It was a great experience for celebrating our 4th Anniversary. I love fondue and I have been in many restaurants like that. However it was the first time for my husband. He loved the surprise and we had a great time! I would recommend the romantic package for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a showAlnh38Dined on 4/5/2014Went to The Melting Pot before a show. Great dining experience. Good food, good service, good atmosphere . Recommend allowing 2 hours if doing the full 4 course meal. Short walk to all of the theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2014I have been to the restaurant many times before in other cities and it does not compare. I usually order the same thing every time so I know basically how big each dish should be and at this one theft were so small! Usually it's plenty of good to share with a partner but it was barely enough for just one person.Special Features:
- Lackluster serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014After making a reservation for an anniversary dinner weeks in advance, we were not seated in the private area but in the regular area where it was difficult to hear (screaming children) and we had a much less than attentive server. We sat for 30 minutes after we had finished eating our dinner and he did not even come back to the table, but sent a busboy to take our final course order instead. Food was great, service, not so much.
- Good but does not compare to NYJeffDined on 3/23/2014We've been to the NY Farmingdale melting pot many times. Going to the Massachusetts Boston melting pot was disappointing. It took the waitress two times to make our cheese and she still got it wrong. The cheese wouldn't even stick to the dippers they fave us. So then I had to get a manager over to make it for us correctly. Also the waitress knocked over our bottle of wines as well. Finally after being there for an hour we were able to eat OUR FIRST COURSE!!! The food overall was good but the service really killed the experience that we are used to having. We'll stick to our NY location which has always been consistent and great!Special Features:
- Melting Pot hot spotMere26Dined on 3/19/2014First time at The Melting Pot, thought to bring the kids which wasn't a thoroughly thought through plan. Nonetheless the kids loved it. We especially enjoyed cooking our own food and dessert was amazing. The manager was very professional and especially generous to our little youngsters. Would definitely go again, maybe without the kids so we can actually try the wine and really appreciate the ambiance.Special Features:
- Fun for kids!kathDined on 3/16/2014Took my 11 year old here for her Birthday, her and her friends loved the food and novelty of eating fondue. We had the fun, the service was good, thee food was fresh and well presented. The kids are usually fussy eaters and they everything on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff made the dayJphelanDined on 3/15/2014Let me say that our server, Vanessa made the experience worth while. Her demeanor and obvious commitment to making sure we had a great time, was top shelf. I would come back just for that alone. The food was great and I'm glad we went. Again, I cannot say enough about Vanessa, it was our 31st wedding anniversary and she made it special. Thanks again and we look forward to dining there real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but noisy neighborOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Met our expectations as we have been to Melting Pots in the past. As we have children, this is written with it in mind that we arranged to have childcare in order to enjoy our dinner without that atmosphere. Perhaps attempting to seat those with children at a restaurant like this together and those without accordingly would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingAbbieODined on 3/2/2014Eating at the Melting Pot is an interesting experience because of the way they present the food to you. You get to cook your own food. Its very hands on. If you feel like being served cooked, already prepared food, this is not the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedyummybearVIPDined on 3/1/2014After seeing the Melting Pot in Back Bay, Boston, my wife & I thought this would be a fun & interesting place to try. The beer & cheese fondue was good, had plenty of bread & veggies. The main course not as good. The meats were very good but the the veggies came out raw for us to cook in a fondue. We never got the potatoes fully cooked, cooking the meats was a learning curve and maybe that's was our problem. We were hungry but tried to wait for the potatoes & other veggies to cook. By then, we had eaten all of the 2 meat portions we had ordered. I think if the veggies were par-boiled, this would have been much more enjoyable. The deserts were great. Had the chocolate turtle fondue. Over all, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't for us.
- Romantic dinner for Fondue lovers!AlexGQ28Dined on 2/27/2014Although we didn't get to enjoy the Entrees and the 4-course meal experience since we were pressed for time, we thoroughly enjoyed the cheese Fondue, the salads, and the chocolate Fondue. The fact that our table was separate from everything else made us feel like if this restaurant was catering to us alone and we loved it! Great experience, great environment, awesome food, and friendly and helpful staff. Definitely recommend it to ALL foodies and hopeless romantics out there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightSouthiedrumsVIPDined on 2/26/2014This is a fun thing to do for a date night. Not an every week thing. The food is pretty much all boiled, so if you're cool with that, you'll enjoy it. The broths are all pretty decent, and the quality of the proteins is decent. Service was solid. Manager is very attentive. You'll have a fun time. It is a unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Genuine SurpriseDebiJohnDined on 2/22/2014We expected something unusual from a "fondue restaurant", but the presentation, atmosphere and service were above and beyond what we imagined. A fantastic place for a romantic time and the extra romance "packages" made the experience even more special. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you expect from a fondue chainJaclynVIPDined on 2/15/2014"FAIR." The melting pot was nothing spectacular. It was average food and average service. We got desert and drinks this time, but going for dinner is about the same experience. The chocolate fondue was bland and tasted cheap. The waitress brought our drinks and food out at the same time which was odd and poorly timed. She also neglected to give us napkins. The mojito had a lot of flavoring syrup in it, which ruined the freshness you'd associate with a mojito. For 2 drinks and chocolate fondue the bill was $40. I wouldn't return because I haven't experienced anything special or enjoyable here. It just exists. The restaurant itself was unorganized and had sticky surfaces. I would pick a different fondue place for a more enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Watery cheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014The cheese fondue we got was too watery. The entrees took way longer than we were instructed to cook fully. And I had a coupling for free strawberries which the waitress took but never gave me my strawberries. I left and only when I got home and saw a commercial for chocolate covered strawberries did I realize I never got mine. Also we were sat next to a group in which the guy was being extremely rude to the waitress and was with some scantily clad ladies who looked like they belonged on a backpages in the escorts section! Very unhappy with my experience here.
- good meal long experiencemelatingpotDined on 2/1/2014The food was good, the service people were great but the waiting, was wayyyyy to longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Always a fun time and the food is good. Fondue is what it is -- more about the experience, but the food is fresh, the service is top notch and Back Bay The Melting Pot always delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A family favorite! 4 coursesIeateverydayDined on 2/1/2014A family favorite! 4 courses takes a long time, but it's fun and delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014While pricey, the experience the Melting Pot serves is memorable for all. I took two of my friends and we went for the 4 Course Experience (HIGHLY recommend this!). The cheddar fondue that is made in front of you is mouthwatering and compliments the bread and veggie dippers. Salads are elegant, and their Caesar salad is superb. For my main course I always choose the Seafood Trio, which is delicious, but when I look back on it, nothing really THAT impressive. I'll try for a steak combination next time. And the dessert...absolutely to die for. Dark chocolate fondue with assorted brownies, marshmallows, cheesecake...perfect way to top off the experience! The atmosphere is elegant and the waiters are superb, but expect to spend 2-3 hours here!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutDashingDinerDined on 1/31/2014We had an awesome ladies night out, perfect for a bunch of professional thirty-somethings. Friday night early dinner was quiet, no wait at the door. Staff was good looking and pleasant. Extensive wine menu, great for chocolate and cheese fondue pairings. I ordered Chocoloate covered strawberries that were brought with the bill for my friends as thank yous for being the awesome gal pals they are!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert.FabfoodDined on 1/25/2014Perfect way to cap off the night with dessert, yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue YES, Service NOAdamWestDined on 1/25/2014Melting Pot is consistent and the fondue is wonderful. However, on this particular occasion our service delivered the first course and then forgot about us. We had to ask other servers to get us water and to order dessert. It was unacceptable. When we finally saw our server about an hour later she explained that she was given a large party and they asked her to split the check 20 ways which took time. We did not mind that she had the large party but someone should have told us and the restaurant should have made arrangements to have another server handle our servers' tables while she was busy with the large party. When I mentioned something to the hostess on the way out, the only thing she said was, "oh, I hate when that happens."Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014For it being my first time I was very impressed and enjoyed myself completely! I will definitely visit again and tell my family and friends all about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveleopardgirl0123Dined on 1/23/2014the food was so good and the waitress was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful BirthdaymeperiDined on 1/22/2014We were a party of three, celebrating a birthday on a freezing night. It was my first time at a fondue style restaurant. Our server was very good at explaining both the menu and the process of cooking at the table. His recommendations were spot in in terms of choices and the food was very fresh. The ambience was unremarkable to me. I know there were some smaller private rooms that would be great for a larger group. I would like to return with many other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a chill winter nightEmoYoungDined on 1/17/2014We decided to hang out over at the melting pot after the Christmas break, and the mood was so great for that. The food was great and different from other places that we had a unique time having the hot pot in American way. Also the night was a little cold, and nothing beats sitting around a hot pot and eating freshly boiled food with a stick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentwestenderVIPDined on 1/16/2014We had not had fondue in probably 30 years, so thought it might be fun to try The Melting Pot. There are other things on the menu, but really, if you go to a place with a heating element in the middle of the table, why wouldn't you order fondue? We each had a salad, and we shared the class fondue. The salads were not large, but good. The fondue was created right in front of us by our very pleasant server. She definitely knew her business and was very willing to discuss what she was doing any why. It was a pleasant meal and something different. We were dining before the theatre, and our server was very good about watching the clock for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little priceyfattymcbutterpantsVIPDined on 1/11/2014Love fondue places makes you take your time....little pricey for the amount of food you get...have to order the dessert...smores is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!AmandaDined on 1/10/2014My boyfriend and I came here for a late anniversary celebration and we were not disappointed! We ordered the 4 course meal. It was such a unique dining experience. The lobster was amazing. I think next time I have to try the banana foster dessert.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLauraDined on 12/27/2013This was our first trip to the Melting Pot and it was a great experience! We definitely plan on coming back! It was very romantic and the server was super polite and a funny and kept our interest. The private seating was unexpected... we were pleasantly surprised by it. It definitely helps set the mood. The only recommendation we would have is to streamline the menu. The server was very helpful with explaining it but otherwise slightly confusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve at the Melting PotjohnrobDined on 12/24/2013My daughters and I have made this out holiday tradition for the last 8 years. We always enjoy! The menu has improved a bit, and the service is good - they are always wage to please.Special Features:
- Fun Christmas Eve dinner with Kids!RarenightoutDined on 12/24/2013We looked for a festive, kid-friendly and fun dinner for Christmas Eve, and The Melting Pot filled the bill. Food was quite good and service was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.