Arya Global Cuisine - Redwood City
885 Middlefield Road
Redwood City, CA 94063Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Arya Global Cuisine - Redwood City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aryarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6503674939
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:30pm-9:30pm; F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Mike Hashemi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer Catering for all your special occasions. Whether it is just appetizers, our delicious wraps, kebabs, pasta specialties or seafood. Let us handle all of the details from set up to making every detail a memorable one. We offer many specialties from our Italian menu to our Persian Menu. We also do corporate delivery.
- Entertainment: Enjoy great Italian music by Pasquale Esposito, belly dancing and Live Jazz music on Fridays & Saturdays. If you like to be away from it all, no problem! We feature private areas as well to be away from it all in your own private setting.
A word from Arya Global Cuisine - Redwood City
Welcome to ARYA, a place we call home. Arya is about a warm ambiance, many choices whether you love Italian or Persian Cuisine. Arya features seafood, steaks, chicken, kebabs, great salads, and pastas cooked to order, the best of healthy cuisine. We feature a fine selection of California and Italian wines. Delicious cakes and desserts, for every event, from our Tiramisu to our Persian style Baklava and Pistachio ice cream. For business, family, friends, and special celebrations, we love to make you feel special in our home. You will be comfortable in business or casual attire, enjoying our casually elegant environment. Children’s menus and high chairs are available. Take-out orders for home or business are a convenient way to dine. We also deliver. You will enjoy service from our warm and friendly staff. Live Music & Belly dancing on Fridays & Sat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arya Global Cuisine - Redwood City reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (11)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Disappointed Diners!!123DWSDined on 1/4/2014Fourth time eating at this restaurant- disappointment in the food and service. Filet Mignon was ordered medium but it came out well and was a bit tough. Salmon entrees were a bit dry and tasteless, and one had sauce on the bottom rather than on the top of the fish which would have been more tasty. Bread service should have been delivered immediately instead of coming with our appetizer. We had specified on our reservation that this was a Happy Birthday Dinner but nothing was done, nor were there any complimentary dessert. The bill took forever to come. Evening Highlight-the Belly Dancer was beautiful and talented. Told my guests that the food here was outstanding but had "egg on my face" as we were all clearly disappointed in this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, convenient to the moviesDavidDined on 1/2/2014Food was tasty and came quickly. (The place was almost deserted at the time we went.) We shared an order of pomegranite-pistachio meatballs, which we enjoyed. It was plenty for two light eaters. We also shared a beet salad (actually an ordinary lettuce salad with beet slices) which they split for us without needing to be asked. Rice was a little greasy for my taste. Service was little overly attentive.
- Parentsof4Parentsof4Dined on 12/31/2013We found Arya online and liked the menu. The hostess was very friendly and sat us right away ( we had a reservation). Our waiter was also very friendly and patient. When I couldn't decide between 2 wines, he brought me a sample of each. Everything we had was flavorful, the appetizer, salad, main course and of course dessert! We definitely will come back to try other items on the menu! And, as a vegetarian I was happy with all the choices on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve go-tofoodieDined on 12/25/2013When I struck out trying to find an Asian restaurant open on Christmas Eve, I was elated to find Arya was not only open, it was right next door to the theater we were going to. At first we chose to sit at a booth, but as soon as we sat down, we realized it was a bit uncomfortable, so we switched to a table. This was better, but still not truly comfortable as it was against a wall & near the entrance. Service was pleasant but a bit spotty; for example, the waiter who brought the Caesar salad asked us if we would like pepper & when I said yes, he disappeared & never came back. The food we ordered was very good & we were happy with the house red wine. I thought the salad, the chicken dish and the tiramisu were particularly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ruined eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2013We are repeat customers. Love the food. Tonight our waitress rushed us, was rude about the fact we were there for a relaxing meal. There were several empty tables, no need to rush us. It ruined our holiday out with family. We voiced over and over we were not in a rush and she repeatedly made us feel uncomfortable we were not moving along at the pace SHE expected. This attitude started from the moment we sat down. Sad. Won't return.
- Lunch for TwoMenehuneDined on 12/12/2013Arya is a lovely place to have a quiet lunch for a special occasion. We went on a weekday. Service was what you would expect at a industry rated 5-star restaurant. The food was delicious, but not any better than other Persian restaurants I've tried. One tiny draw back is the price. It's a tad high for lunch. Try it! It might be in your budget for an everyday meal. I would go back if someone else paid.Special Features:
- Empty Sat 9:30pm, food is subparRaduVIPDined on 11/30/2013We were shocked to be the only ones in 9:30pm Saturday, when they are supposed to have belly dancing! The place looks bright, airy, modern and clean. The owner courteously showed us to a table, the waiter was polite, friendly and professional. The Pomegranate and Pistachio Meatballs were interesting (although too sweet for my taste), the Tadig (= crispy rice) with 2 different sauces was un-eatable. The rice in the Soltani kebab was left on the plate . The Fettucine al Frutti di Mare swam in tomato sauce so thick it overpowered everything else. It all tasted like eating chunky tomato sauce out of a can :( Decent selection of wines, but there is no draught beer. With a decent cook, this could be a nice restaurant.
- friendship fareMechudaDined on 11/27/2013Met a friend for dinner and it was perfect! Food was delicious, wait staff was very attentive and the overall experience very pleasant. we were able to enjoy yummy food, good wine, juicy conversation and the decor of the place made for a conversation start. definitely recommend. We went on Wed evening after movie show, so not packed or noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, quiet insideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2013Nice atmosphere, quiet inside with charming decor. Excellent service. Great food and reasonably priced. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Persian rice dish with lambTravellerVIPDined on 11/17/2013Persian rice dish with lamb and the shish-ke-bobs were very good. Nice atmosphere and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKFoodloverDined on 11/11/2013Met a girlfriend here for dinner prior to seeing a movie. Service was at best lacking. We were in a hurry and the guy never came back and checked on us after bringing us our meal. Mine was cold, so wanted to send it back. Hailed down another server who took my food to zap it, but it never came back for the longest time. Finally got it and my friend was almost finished. We ordered a glass of wine and it was barely a serving - a few sips and that was about it. Would be nice to get at least a 6 oz serving of wine when ordering a glass at prices one has to pay. Don't know if I will go back since there are so many other great restaurants to choose from in the Bay Area. Food was good, but cold.Special Features:
- Great Fodd and EntertainmentMROpenDined on 11/2/2013The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. The belly dancer made it even better.Special Features:
- Great for special occasion & groupsMarynaDined on 10/27/2013My friends and I loved the place, where we gathered for bday celebration. It was hard to find a classy romantic place with good variety of food, good for a big group (18 people), and I was lucky to find Arya on Yelp. The setting, food, and service were outstanding. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable dinnerZygoDined on 10/26/2013I have been to Arya twice and enjoyed it both times. First visit was with a large group for a holiday party and they had excellent service for a group of about 75 in their rear dining room. The second visit was with a group of three and equally enjoyable. We all enjoyed the Persian food with the belly dancer performing towards the end of our meal.Special Features:
- have been there many timesdoggaVIPDined on 10/19/2013have been there many times service and food always goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet restaurantLeungVIPDined on 10/17/2013I like the tiger shrimp and curry chicken stew, but I do not like the soup and dessert. No Cocktail either. Good choice on weekdays if you like quietness.Special Features:
- Great food and servicePetersonFamilyDined on 10/12/2013Perfectly flavored and cooked chicken and filet mignon kabobs, fantastic rice. We were so full we didn't have room for dessert! Happy to find a new (for us) restaurant in the neighborhood! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Persian/Mediterranean foodJoelVIPDined on 10/5/2013A wonderful experience learning of many tasty and scrumptious Persian dishes. Tasty and flavorful spices add to the experience. Loved the seafood kebab and lamb shank and basmati rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great.EvrodudeDined on 9/29/2013Good food, good service. No hard liquor, unfortunately. But they have a decent wine list. No parking validation, but decent parking rates in the area or free street parking a short walk away.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, service greatEricVIPDined on 9/21/2013The ambiance was nice and our server was really attentive (but not overly so). The chicken in my dish was fantastic, but the flavored rice wasn't so much. Overall, we had a good time, I would give the food a second chance and order something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lunch menu is great: largeShariVIPDined on 9/20/2013The lunch menu is great: large portions but at a reasonable price. (dinner is more!) The cornish hen was very moist and delicious. So were the grape leaves. Just be sure to check your bill.....mistakes were made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoy the service anddoggaVIPDined on 9/15/2013always enjoy the service and food . Love the kabobs and especially the sauce they provide for the bread. It has the right amount of heat. Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Restaurantluv2dine88Dined on 9/1/2013Took friend's sister for her birthday was a first time there and will definitely go back. We loved the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great service...MarkRVIPDined on 8/30/2013Delicious food and great service...what more could one ask for? Also, their Redwood City location is very conveniently located near the Courthouse Square, making it the perfect place to stop off for a nice meal before a summer concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arya Global CuisineyvonnecapVIPDined on 8/26/2013Arya is located in downtown Redwood City and is great for groups and lunch. This place often has no wait and open seating, so it is a perfect place to take a last minute group for a lunch meeting or outing. The kebabs here are pretty good. Sometimes a bit overdone, but generally good and very well seasons. The staff is nice and courteous and the outdoor seating offers a pleasant opportunity to people watch.Special Features:
- Rare 5 star restaurant123DWSDined on 8/25/2013Our dining experience was outstanding from the moment we walked in the door. We were greeted promptly and taken to a nice booth away from the hot setting Sun. The waiter was very cordial and attentive throughout our evening. He explained the cuisine makeup and allowed wife to make substitutions as she is pre-diabieted and is veryfussy about the food she eats. She had Salmon wich was cooked to perfection. It was very moist and had a taste of freshness without the fishyness. I had lamb kebobs which was the best I've ever eaten. It was so very tender, juicy, and would melt in your mouth with each bite. It was better than Filet Mignon. We will return soon to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBritinUSADined on 8/25/2013First time eating here, food was wonderful. Great service, attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visit, will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/10/2013Very enjoyable dinner before going to a show at RC Fox. The server had helpful suggestions, and the food arrived hot and as described. A good addition to Redwood City's growing restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Always good / fresh-a new favorite!lovesfcaVIPDined on 7/27/2013We had the pleasure of a first time dining experience at Araya a few months ago, and have now become "regulars". The food is fresh, they have some authentic dishes you cannot easily find other places. The dip for the bread is truly unique and has become a favorite of ours, it's addicting. We have attended for both small, large group, and special brunches including prix fixe menus and definitely recommend Arya. The only reason service is only 4 stars is sometimes it has been a little slow. The exception to that is Vino, he is absolutely exceptional, knowledgeable about the cuisine, and quite frankly equally responsible for our continued returns as his great service is part of what makes us love Araya all the more. Highly Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have never had a bad meal here!lovesfcaVIPDined on 7/20/2013Arya is just a great experience all around. The food is great and you can try some very interesting dishes or they still offer more traditional items for those who are not as adventurous. The staff is knowledgeable and I continue to bring new people here who in turn have also become repeat customers. The service is sometimes slow (but we've also had outstanding service on other occasions) so I'd still recommend them without any hesitation as the food is fresh and consistently great every time we visit. A real find in redwood city especially if you are looking for a great meal before a movie or show at the fox.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We order Chicken Kebab withGuessVIPDined on 7/14/2013We order Chicken Kebab with Rice, the chicken was OK, but the rice was very sour and doesn't taste good. The Caesar salad was a little fishy and the flat bread was cold.
- Great Persian w/good veg choicesVegiDined on 7/7/2013I had the excellent salmon with cherry sauce. My wife had a veggie kabobs with a very good cherry rice. Dessert were very good too and there was some Italian dishes for the less adventuress in your party. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Persian and Italian foodSeboDined on 6/29/2013It was one of the hottest days of the year - Arya was great because they have plenty of indoor seating and AC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallAHMMPMDined on 6/29/2013Great service. Good overall good but not best. Worth going for sure. Would ditch the belly dancing since its not a persian tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had Persian food before .....OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/23/2013and we will definitely be back for more. I had an excellent Persian soup; lovely combination of tastes and flavors. Flatbread was served with a piquant sauce; shish kebabs were of the highest quality. I opted for one of the Persian stews; worked beautifully with the rice. And the desserts were truly exceptional. Go for the chocolate covered sorbet. You won't be disappointed. The service was excellent; the waiter knowledgeable and informative, to help guide your selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, choices, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/23/2013Excellent food, choices, and reasonable prices. Great wine list. Lots of parking across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!!AnJoDined on 6/17/2013Most of the items we asked for were not available...they were out of it...(even the chocolate syrup for the ice cream!!!) Food was so mediocre...appetizer plates were way too small..bruscetta plate had only 4 small slices of bread in it !!!! Falafel which is known for mediterranean cuisine..tasted so bad..looks like it was re-fried.. Overall..a very disappointing experience !!
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013Our group of 17 had dinner at Arya following a college graduation and everyone loved it. Their wide menu accommodates all tastes including those who didn't want anything spicy. Great combination appetizer plates, nice wine selections, flavorful entrees and friendly service. A wonderful ending to a day of celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This conveniently locatedEDWARDVIPDined on 6/5/2013This conveniently located restaurant is a wise choice for diners shopping at the Sequoia Center and/or attending a movie at Century 20. The food is a mixture of Italian and Persian, yet everything that we ordered had good flavor and the service was attentive. While the outside dining is on a street corner with little pedestrian traffic, Arya Global was a pleasant dining experience and I would not hesitate to return if the opportunity presented itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange MixminmanDined on 6/1/2013It was a weird mix of Persian and Italian. Eating Persian food while listening to Opera music was strange. I got the Fesenjoon, which was good and solid but not spectacular. Calamari was pretty good. The wine list was so-so. Service was very prompt and had good recommendations/insights. Nothing was wrong but for the same money, there are many other better options.