640 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriaphilly.com/
- Phone: 2157630920x
- Hours of Operation:
This Mother's Day, Osteria will be open from 4PM to 10PM: Sunday, May 11th, 2014.
Lunch: Thursday and Friday 11:30-2:00 p.m. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00-10:00 Friday and Saturday 5:00-11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Michaud
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private dining rooms. The Wine Room, cozy with a view into the wine cellar, seats up to 30. The glass enclosed Patio offers the ambience of outdoor dining with the comfort of being indoors and seats up to 50. The Chef's Table located in our kitchen is perfect for groups 8-14. The whole restaurant is available for groups 50-150. Several menu options, all parties are served family style.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 2157630920x
- Special Events: Osteria frequently hosts demonstration dinners, wine and beer dinners and tastings as well as hands on cooking classes. For a schedule of events please go to www.osteriaphilly.com/events.
A word from Osteria
Rustic Northern Italian featuring homemade pastas, thin crust pizzas and wood grilled meats and fish. An all Italian wine list highlights small producers and an international beer list focuses on artisinal brews. A traditional Italian Osteria nestled on North Broad Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (184)special occasion (127)notable wine list (96)neighborhood gem (82)good for groups (81)hot spot (75)romantic (71)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (18)great for lunch (17)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- Fantastic Food!BonsdoofVIPDined on 7/26/2014The quality of the food is impeccable. I would recommend anyone to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedDiningExpertsDined on 7/26/2014Been wanting to try this for quite some time and it disappoint. Crown Manhattan was perfectly made. Appetizers were outstanding as were the entrees too. Highly recommended!!!!!!Special Features:
- Always wonderful!CynwydkydVIPDined on 7/26/2014Osteria is consistently excellent with great service, great food, and great wine. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerKaner1683Dined on 7/26/2014Yet another great Marc Vetri restaurant in Philadelphia. I highly recommend the Rabbit Casilinga (sp?) for a main course. Our waiter was awesome. He explained a lot of the items that we had no clue what they were beforehand. Great whiskey/bourbon selection and an endless wine list. I recommend trying to grab a table in the semi-outdoor, greenhouse-like area. Overall a great evening and they even brought out a nice little anniversary dessert with a candle in it at the end. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014Was in Philly for 3 days. Tried 6 restaurants. All really good. Osteria was the best of all. Food reminiscent of City House, my favorite restaurant in Nashville. Just wonderful !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome start to finishEdPrecisionDined on 7/25/2014This was our third time here and everything from appetizer to dessert was high level. This past visit was probably one of the best meals I've had in my life. Can't wait for visit 4!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014Consistently delicious! Love the rigatoni with calves liver. Get it every time! Could jot have been treated more rudely by the hostess when we arrived. She refused to switch our table at 5:30 pm in an empty restaurant . Totally unacceptable. Made me so angry I couldn't appreciate the great service from our waitress. A customer is always right. Especially at an extremely early seating with 2 elderly people (my inlaws) as guests. NEVER were we treated like this when Jackie Rosenberg was a hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, No real outdoor diningBaldBabsVIPDined on 7/25/2014Enjoyed most of the food. Had the roasted pork with roasted asparagus (a substitute for the potatoes). Both were so flavorful and cooked to perfection! The pistachio gelato was not flavorful, bland. Waitress was wonderful! Not happy with patio seating. Asked on phone before making reservation if there was outdoor seating. Answer was, "Yes on the patio." Got there and the patio is completely enclosed in glass with definitely climate control issues. Should have been told the exact situation. My tablemates and I had to put on and take off our wraps every 20 minutes due to the AC going on and off. So high rating for most of the food, the waitress and the very clean bathroom.Special Features:
- DeliciousfusspotVIPDined on 7/24/2014Everything was wonderful including the bread and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BluebellerBluebellerVIPDined on 7/21/2014My first visit after several miscues. Monday dinner. About 80% full at 7 pm. Shared prosciutto as appetizer. Plain and smoked. Extraordinary. Had the cod special and partner had rabbit. Both extraordinary. Properly sized, appropriate accompaniments. Partner had puff pastry dessert stuffed with blackberry jam, served with gelato. Raved about it. I had sorbetto, 3 flavors. flavorful, creamy, and almost more than I could eat but forced it down because it was some of the best I had ever had. A bit pricier than I expected, $140 for 2 with 1 glass of beer, wine, Scotch. But worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellenceJRPADined on 7/19/2014Osteria never fails. The food is always excellent. The service is always excellent. The wine glass "seasoning" is pretentious, but at least it was performed away from view as to not be annoying. (Always makes me think they use astringents when cleaning the barware and can't get the smell out. Besides, most know how to swirl wine in a glass for the same effect.)Special Features:
- Best pizza everMowglivtVIPDined on 7/19/2014We went to expressly try their Parma pizza and it was divine! Started with a roasted seasonal vegetable appetizer which was heavenly..we left there knowing we'd be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italiano autentico!mlg1764VIPDined on 7/18/2014Great night at Osteria. Particularly enjoyed the strawberry negroni, rigatoni with chicken livers, and roast pork special. This was our first Vetri experience and we can't wait to try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solidFrankDined on 7/18/2014The food is delicious and any pasta is special. The breads and house made bread sticks are addicting. The flavors blend and the pizza superb. The wine and beer lists are well paired. The service is knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Wine list very very limitedYasfitVIPDined on 7/18/2014Overpriced forcing you to choose for red from a Cannonau or wines by the glass. Nothing in between.
- GreatiggyDined on 7/14/2014Great food and outstanding service made our 70 mile trip to meet friends well worth the effort. This is not our first time here and we will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as everCuriouspalateDined on 7/13/2014We hadn't been in some months but were delighted to find it in top form a convivial ambience, Responsive service, terrific suggestions for wine, and specials as imaginative as the standard menu. The traditional pizzas had a crust that was both delicately crispy and tasty, the grilled asparagus was Perfect, the pastas wonderful. Kudos Osteria team!Special Features:
- LoriDined on 7/13/2014Start off with the antipasti tray for the table, the polenta or fettucinne for app and then I highly recommend the ribeye steak for two from Creekstone Farm and the chicken is to die for!! Last but not least, all the desserts are amazing. We went to celebrate my son's 21st birthday. We were so full and celebrating with cake at home but they still brought us out a complimentary gelato with a candle. Also, the hostess has always been accommodating and very professional along with the waiters and waitress's who are ALL very knowledgeable with ingredients. Just a consistent fabulous restaurant! Can't wait to go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PupiDined on 7/12/2014Our waiter while trying to cork the bottle of red wine spilled on Me Netsky's shirt! The manager offered to pay for dry cleaning & we refused. The least you could have done was compt the bottle of wine!Special Features:
- AmazingBernVIPDined on 7/11/2014First time here and all of us in our party of four were amazed. From the moment we arrived the staff created a friendly and accommodating atmosphere. We had three different appetizers and four different entrees. All were well prepared and delicious. It was the perfect way to end a long day. Kudos to the chef and the entire staff.Special Features:
- A Philadelphia Gemdb2reviewDined on 7/10/2014Ever since Osteria opened their doors, this is the place to stretch your palate, relax in some of the best service to be found in the city and explore wines not ordinarily to be found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic mealLuv2eatDined on 7/4/2014We have dined at Osteria many times and have yet to have a poor meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRbtlpr666Dined on 7/4/2014Service was tops, beautiful solarium dining area, wine outstanding and the food was really incredible. The suckling pig and the rabbit were both really proper.Special Features:
- real italianmikeyrushDined on 7/4/2014if you bring your kids, or expecting them to make you a chicken parm or something at a olive garden...nope true Italiano at this placeSpecial Features:
- luvfoodDined on 7/4/2014music was too loud. Restaurant did turn down the volume. Short list of wines by the glass and was on the expensive side. The food was delicious and unique.Special Features:
- Solid Dinner at OsteriaBaltPhillyFoodieVIPDined on 7/3/2014We started off with the sweetbreads and the octopus salad. The octopus salad was quite good with a nice char while still keeping the octopus tender, the arugula went well with it. The sweetbreads came with fruit that was either sauteed or braised in a simple syrup. The sweetbreads were wonderfully cooked. For our entrees we went with the asparagus pasta and the suckling pork special. The pasta was awesome, definitely made fresh and it tasted as though they cooked the pasta in maybe some vegetable or some chicken stock which gave it another added layer of flavor. The suckling pig was amazing. We ended the meal with the chocolate flan and the hazelnut crostata. Both were good but not really memorable to be honest.Special Features:
- Could not hearnmy wifetootyfrootyVIPDined on 7/3/2014I was disapointed by my recent visit to Osteria last week. One of the reasons was the noise level in their patio was so loud my wife and I had trouble hearing eachother .Another disappointment was their selection of wines by the glass.There were 4 choices for reds only .Realy in a restaurant with a sommelier ? The waitress was amazing and the food that this kitchen pumps out is rediculous good.
- NicoleAnnVIPDined on 7/1/2014Excellent home made pasta! This place is fancy with a very rustic feel so it doesn't feel stuffy. Great food and waiter was very helpful. It's expensive if you order 3 courses but you don't necessarily need that much food. There is plenty of amazing bread and sharing courses is more than enough food with each having your own main entree. LOVED it.Special Features:
- one of our favoritesCeneVIPDined on 6/28/2014The menu is unique. The quality of the food is excellent. It is one of the few restaurants where the wait staff is truly professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Way to Celebrate!RosemaryDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I dined at Osteria this past Saturday and enjoyed every minute of our experience. We were celebrating our anniversary and had received a gift card to the restaurant. Osteria is a great restaurant and lives up to the rave reviews it always receives. The food was delicious - fresh and well prepared. Great beer and wine list. The bartender was especially helpful in wine selection. The wait staff was well trained - just the right amount of time between courses. We would highly recommend this lively center city restaurant. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fantastic!K80tVIPDined on 6/28/2014This meal was amazing from start to finish. Couldn't have asked for anything else.Special Features:
- Worth tryinglovetoeatDined on 6/27/2014We very much enjoyed the pizza but the dinner was just good. Nothing to write home about or go crazy over. We shared an antipasti appetizer which was good as well. They offered items that you wouldn't make at home which is what we get when we're out so it was nice to try something different. I had the rabbit. It was fine. I've had beef stew at home from a crock pot that I enjoyed more and that's not an insult.Special Features:
- deliciousexperienceyourmealDined on 6/26/2014Love the selection. Nice to sit down for a meal and have everything taken care of. I always drop my napkin. The staff is aware of our needs and makes sure we have what we need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Service was bangin. Thank you to Herrison Sherry and the rest of the staff. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2482 reviews are from the Osteria reviews archive.
- Consistantly exquisite.rescue4meDined on 6/23/2014The pasta with the short ribs was superb. My new favorite.Special Features:
- Osteria- Mediocre/PoorIbralph822Dined on 6/22/2014The food was tasty for the most part, portions insultingly small for the price, and they served us three dishes with different ingredients than were listed on the menu. Mostly overpriced, "trendy" kind of place that we would not return to. Our octopus appetizer $18 had, no exaggeration, 2 pieces of octopus, perhaps 1 ounce. Silly. We ordered a pasta dish with "Fiddlehead Ferns" as listed on the menu. It was served with peas instead. When we asked what happened, waitress said, "sorry we ran out."Special Features:
- That was Polenta?LuvGoodFoodVIPDined on 6/22/2014The Polenta dessert was amazing! Waiter was very good!Special Features:
- Great ServiceannonymousDined on 6/21/2014My friend and I wanted to share a bunch of plates and have wine paired for us instead of ordering a full bottle or one full entre each. The sommelier was extremely helpful. The food is unique without being too overly unusual. The noise level is pretty high but it wasn't an issue for us.Special Features:
- Not as good as the reviews toutGWR1VIPDined on 6/21/2014We were very excited to try this less formal version of Vetri. We have eaten several times at the neighborhood gem, Amis, and love it. The dinner started off well with a fantastic with succulent octopus and an amazing rigatoni with chicken liver and sage. But the rabbit casalinga was dry and the suckling pig special disappointing. Regarding the latter, we have had better roast suckling pig in tiny off road trattorias in Spain, Portugal and Italy! The service was not as attentive and wait between dishes quite long. Although our wine sommelier was excellent.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Too noisy - could hardly hear my friends speaking. Food was not worth the price. Had the pork special and there was nothing outstanding about it. Likely will not return.Special Features: