640 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriaphilly.com/
- Phone: 2157630920x
- Hours of Operation:
This Mother's Day, Osteria will be open from 4PM to 10PM: Sunday, May 11th, 2014.
Lunch: Thursday and Friday 11:30-2:00 p.m. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00-10:00 Friday and Saturday 5:00-11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Michaud
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private dining rooms. The Wine Room, cozy with a view into the wine cellar, seats up to 30. The glass enclosed Patio offers the ambience of outdoor dining with the comfort of being indoors and seats up to 50. The Chef's Table located in our kitchen is perfect for groups 8-14. The whole restaurant is available for groups 50-150. Several menu options, all parties are served family style.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 2157630920x
- Special Events: Osteria frequently hosts demonstration dinners, wine and beer dinners and tastings as well as hands on cooking classes. For a schedule of events please go to www.osteriaphilly.com/events.
A word from Osteria
Rustic Northern Italian featuring homemade pastas, thin crust pizzas and wood grilled meats and fish. An all Italian wine list highlights small producers and an international beer list focuses on artisinal brews. A traditional Italian Osteria nestled on North Broad Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (179)special occasion (117)notable wine list (95)neighborhood gem (83)good for groups (80)hot spot (68)romantic (60)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (17)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (11)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- one of our favoritesCeneVIPDined on 6/28/2014The menu is unique. The quality of the food is excellent. It is one of the few restaurants where the wait staff is truly professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Way to Celebrate!RosemaryDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I dined at Osteria this past Saturday and enjoyed every minute of our experience. We were celebrating our anniversary and had received a gift card to the restaurant. Osteria is a great restaurant and lives up to the rave reviews it always receives. The food was delicious - fresh and well prepared. Great beer and wine list. The bartender was especially helpful in wine selection. The wait staff was well trained - just the right amount of time between courses. We would highly recommend this lively center city restaurant. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fantastic!K80tDined on 6/28/2014This meal was amazing from start to finish. Couldn't have asked for anything else.Special Features:
- Worth tryinglovetoeatDined on 6/27/2014We very much enjoyed the pizza but the dinner was just good. Nothing to write home about or go crazy over. We shared an antipasti appetizer which was good as well. They offered items that you wouldn't make at home which is what we get when we're out so it was nice to try something different. I had the rabbit. It was fine. I've had beef stew at home from a crock pot that I enjoyed more and that's not an insult.Special Features:
- deliciousexperienceyourmealDined on 6/26/2014Love the selection. Nice to sit down for a meal and have everything taken care of. I always drop my napkin. The staff is aware of our needs and makes sure we have what we need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Service was bangin. Thank you to Herrison Sherry and the rest of the staff. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly exquisite.rescue4meDined on 6/23/2014The pasta with the short ribs was superb. My new favorite.Special Features:
- Osteria- Mediocre/PoorIbralph822Dined on 6/22/2014The food was tasty for the most part, portions insultingly small for the price, and they served us three dishes with different ingredients than were listed on the menu. Mostly overpriced, "trendy" kind of place that we would not return to. Our octopus appetizer $18 had, no exaggeration, 2 pieces of octopus, perhaps 1 ounce. Silly. We ordered a pasta dish with "Fiddlehead Ferns" as listed on the menu. It was served with peas instead. When we asked what happened, waitress said, "sorry we ran out."Special Features:
- That was Polenta?LuvGoodFoodVIPDined on 6/22/2014The Polenta dessert was amazing! Waiter was very good!Special Features:
- Great ServiceannonymousDined on 6/21/2014My friend and I wanted to share a bunch of plates and have wine paired for us instead of ordering a full bottle or one full entre each. The sommelier was extremely helpful. The food is unique without being too overly unusual. The noise level is pretty high but it wasn't an issue for us.Special Features:
- Not as good as the reviews toutGWR1VIPDined on 6/21/2014We were very excited to try this less formal version of Vetri. We have eaten several times at the neighborhood gem, Amis, and love it. The dinner started off well with a fantastic with succulent octopus and an amazing rigatoni with chicken liver and sage. But the rabbit casalinga was dry and the suckling pig special disappointing. Regarding the latter, we have had better roast suckling pig in tiny off road trattorias in Spain, Portugal and Italy! The service was not as attentive and wait between dishes quite long. Although our wine sommelier was excellent.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Too noisy - could hardly hear my friends speaking. Food was not worth the price. Had the pork special and there was nothing outstanding about it. Likely will not return.Special Features:
- We felt so special!daurialaDined on 6/19/2014I would recommend any one and every one to eat here! We went for my sisters birthday with our parents and we had the perfect experience! The food was amazing and worth every penny. We sat out in the glass roof patio which was beautiful and we felt completely spoiled! the service was seamless and there was just such a great vibe flowing through the entire restaurant!Special Features:
- Great Choice!TeddybearDined on 6/19/2014I really enjoyed my dining experience at Osteria. I was taking a good friend of mine out to dinner for her birthday and wanted to go some place different. Osteria was perfect. It is very much Italian and you may need to brush up on some of the terminology there. The waiters were very helpful and attentive with the menu suggestions. The portions are not large, I would say just right. This is the perfect place to take a date or for that special occasion. I will be making another trip there for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicatepastaDined on 6/15/2014Great combinations of of pizza and perfectly cooked pasta . The pasta was dellicate with terrific flavor. They also offer half size portions for easier tasting.Special Features:
- Second time was a charmOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014I dined at Osteria before and was not that impressed with the food. This time I really enjoyed the experience, as did the two others with me. Selected entrees were goat, sea bass, and candele pasta with wild boar bolognese. All were tasty. The complimentary breads were also very good, not just your obligatory crusty whites. Dined in the "greenhouse" area, which is pleasant. Service was excellent. Kathleen was super attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- Outstanding Osteria!ThreefriendsDined on 6/14/2014Osteria was fantastic! There was a wonderful selection of wines and entrees. Our server gave great suggestions when we asked for recommendations on what to order. The food was delicious, the place is lovely, and our server was the best I've ever had in any restaurant. It was a truly memorable experience. I wish I lived in Philly so I could keep going back!Special Features:
- Total package!!ctrlqueenDined on 6/12/2014From appetizer to dessert, our dining experience was superb...Appetizers for our group was a vegetable antipasti, as well as a house cured meat platter, and a cheese plate with homemade jams... The array of vegetables were not only beautiful, but, tasty and original...Beets, brussel sprouts, carrots, arugula, tomatoes, etc...Each one different, but, wonderful flavor... A variety of fish, rabbit and steak dishes were ordered for dinner, with the rabbit being the overall winner... For dessert, the pistachio gelato was fabulous...Will be back to try the pizza!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. A little loud.ChristianDined on 6/12/2014The food was obviously excellent. Lamb ribs fell off the bone. It was pretty loud where we sat. The food runner was surly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 stars!CRSMVIPDined on 6/11/2014While the portions are small for the relatively expensive prices, the flavor and depth of the dishes is fantastic. I would recommend the fusilli with short rib and the pig special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner !RuthDined on 6/11/2014Awesome! I had put off using a gift card I had received for a special occasion . It was worth waiting and imwillmcertainly return again!Special Features:
- Everything we expected2winosVIPDined on 6/8/2014We saw Chef Michaud at a cooking demonstration in March in Arizona and made a note to visit Osteria on our next trip to Philadelphia. Osteria was every bit as good as we expected. The house-made pasta, the creative dishes, and the reasonably priced wine list made for a wonderful evening. We will definitely return on our next Philadelphia trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great find on the other side of broad street! Romantic and rustic italian with amazing tastes with every course. Brick oven Pizza and marinated vegetables were a delicious start. The handmade pasta made us feel reminiscent of trip to Tuscany. Great service and eclectic menu- Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressednonicknamenecessaryDined on 6/7/2014i took my husband here for his birthday, as he's been wanting to check the place out for almost a year. he seemed to enjoy himself and the food. but i was not impressed by the menu (there was at least one part of every single item that i had absolutely no idea what it was), the meal, the drinks or the atmosphere, which was very disappointing to me. i was really looking forward to dining here, as my husband had been talking the place up for months. the food was not bad, but i was not impressed, and it seemed very overpriced. our bill was close to $200, and we didn't have much food.Special Features:
- Great food; snobby casualClearlyAmbiguousVIPDined on 6/7/2014Let's start with this: the food is delicious, and the cocktails are outstanding. The staff, however, is generally pretentious and snickers when you ask them about certain wines and ingredients, only to talk down to you (politely, of course) when they provide an explanation. Our waitress was the exception to this rule, but the rest of the staff seemed all too eager to put on airs. This is not the first time I've experienced this at Osteria. I'll keep coming back for the calves liver rigatoni and the killer Ketel One gimlets, but I won't be a regular unless and until they mellow out.Special Features:
- Great dining!LindaBVIPDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I celebrated our Anniversary dinner here Saturday night. We sat on the enclosed patio and the ambiance was wonderful. The food was delicious and our server, Thalia was very friendly and helpful. It was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hypeEandSVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great food. Good wine. Met a colleague for lunch and we both loved the octopus pizza and pastasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceMarcusVIPDined on 6/5/2014Service was a bit abrupt and I get better pizza at my local steak shop for half the price.
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014The fried mozzarella with cherry tomato-caper sauce was phenomenal, as was the chocolate flan ( more like a molten chocolate cake) with pistachio gelato. My braised rabbit with polenta was very rich and just a little too salty; my husband's "Roasted pig 3 ways" (the day's special) was excellent. Other dishes looked yummy as well.Special Features:
- ExcellentNYCfoodieDined on 6/3/2014From the very attentive and halpful staff to the fantastic food. Highly recommend this gem.Special Features:
- luvfood2eatDined on 6/2/2014the food is creative and delicious. our only complaint was the roasted vegetable plate. the veggies were cut so small that it was difficult to taste them. we have had this before and found that they were cut small but not this bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Lovely meal. Great food, gracious service, delicious dessert.
- Excellent Northern Italian cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014From the reservation assistance to the wonderful dolce, the evening was sheer pleasure. The ricotta crispelle and roasted veggy special were terrific/ Then the Florentine style rib-eye steak for two with grilled smokey asparagus and the grilled Icelandic cod with minted peas were just excellent secondi. The dolce was chocolate filled, flourless mini bunt cake with pistachio gelato and cappuccino finished dinner with a flare. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingALDGDined on 5/31/2014Recommend the octopus appetizer and the pizza! Great service, etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hire a Sommelierdfayo1Dined on 5/30/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. First sat at the bar while waiting for the table, which gave us a chance to look through the wine list. My wife usually picks out the wine, but soon came to realize, it was quite extensive, with not many familiar titles. We sat out in the "sun room" with a table along the wall, nice and comfortable.The hostess asked if we'd like to have a sommelier come and talk with us. We did. She came before we ordered to see what our tastes were. After ordering, she paired wines for each of us according to the food we ordered. As each course came, she explained each wine's particulars (hints of this, and conditioned in that...), and why it would compliment the food. It did, oh and the food was excellent too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WimmieVIPDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant is a great place to meet half way for our suburban friends. The food is good and the service is excellent.
- Yum!seageeDined on 5/26/2014very nice selection of four different types of bread with a starter of roasted vegetables and arugula prepared to perfection. Margarita pizza, asparagus fettuccini, and seafood very good as well. Great selection of gelato & sorbet for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LCO526Dined on 5/26/2014We went there for our first wedding anniversary on Memorial Day Weekend. The food was amazing. I accidentally picked a meal that came with pasta that I am unable to eat and in a blink of an eye our waitress, Gianna, had polenta come out steaming hot at no extra charge. Service was impeccable. Everyone was very attentive. We had a wonderful time. My husband noted it was our anniversary when he made reservations and they even brought us out a little cup of sorbet with a candle for dessert. It's obvious staff there take pride in their work. Will certainly re-visit for more excellent food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2014Food great, but noise level bordering intolerable. Need more inexpensive wine selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- partyoffourVIPDined on 5/24/2014We thought the food was terrific. Unfortunately our waitress had an attitude and was not very nice.Special Features: