Shula's 347 Grill - Providence
21 Atwells Avenue
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Shula's 347 Grill - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-347-grill-providence
- Phone: 4017090347
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Hatfield
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pre-fix menus available for private dining room.
- Private Party Facilities: "The Winning Edge" is our private dining space that can handle groups up to 30 people. Warm wood finishes compliment our room directly off the main dining room. Full audio visual equipment available for meetings. Off menu dining, Pre-fix menus or custom menus from our Chef. Available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Other function rooms available with-in the Hilton hotel.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Kenahan 4014279518x
- Entertainment: Music provided by satellite radio, and an array of televisions in the dining room and the bar and lounge for viewing. Direct TV NFL Sports package during winter months.
A word from Shula's 347 Grill - Providence
Shula's 347 is named in honor of Hall of Fame Coach, Don Shula. The winningest Coach in NFL history, with 347 career victories! Shula's 347 follows a long line of successful restaurants, all founded on the same famous tradition of Shula's Steak Houses. Shula's 347 has everything from gourmet salads to fresh specialty fish and exclusively serves Premium Black Angus Beef burgers and the best beef money can buy, The SHULA CUT steaks. The atmosphere is casual and full of energy, which includes a high impact bar, dark woods and a stunning video system. High-end flat panel screened TVs, dark woods and frames with spotlights, pigskin walls, granite topped tables and dark leather booths offer a different appeal and destination for the local market. The bar becomes a socializing hot spot with wine and martinis for business types, groups or individuals looking for a warm atmosphere or a place to be seen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shula's 347 Grill - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great service. The mushroomOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/9/2012Great service. The mushroom ravioli was so yummy that I ate it twice in the same week!
- The only good thing aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012The only good thing about this resturant is location (close to Dunkin Donuts center). Food was fair at best and service was terrible. Would not recomend.
- When we arrived, no one wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2012When we arrived, no one was there. We were treated like royalty by the staff and management.Special Features:
- Save your money!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012One persons seasonal vegetables were to oily to eat. My cheese burger was burnt on one side which the cover with the cheese to hide the mistake. I ordered it cooked medium. You can not hide the taste of burnt food! The last person was happy with the Shula Club sandwich. She said it was delicious. We share the calamari fries we thought the were very good. The second day of our Convention two of us returned because it was close by. Sometimes you hit a bad day. We both ordered the soup of the day beef stew and two apps to share. When the waiter brought the stew out we thought we had the wrong soup. It looked like a vegetable soup. Thin orange in color you had to search for a few tiny pieces of beef. Crab caked were delicious but cold.
- I was veru disappointed inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012I was veru disappointed in the steak, For $35 dollars i would expect a steak with some flavor and not alot of rubbery fat. My steak had zero flavor and lots of rubber like fat.Also, it was 8 o'clock at night and they were out of baked potatoes. REALLY?
- Awesome Dinning ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Best dinning experience we ever had!!! We choose Shula's for our 15 year anniversary, based on personal recommendations and online reviews, and we were completely blown away by the entire dinning experience. When I made the reservation we noted that it was our anniversary and from the moment that we arrived at Shula's the staff and management made our evening feel so special. You could tell they spent time prior to our arrival on planning our evening; from our table location (unbelievable), level of service, to a special message on our dessert plate, everything was done tastefully and with class. The meal was equally as impressive, I would recommend Shula's to everyone and we will be back!!!!Special Features:
- First time visit. SeatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012First time visit. Seated promptly. Very professional waiter. Extensive wine list. Surf & Turf with Filet Mignon and Shrimp was very good. Shrimp was outstanding!Special Features:
- Food and service was great.TonyDined on 8/18/2012Food and service was great. What was weird is there were only about 15 people in the entire restaurant. I personally dont care for a booth when I'm on a date since we are talking accross from each other. I noticed that there were no tables in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012Top of the line steak house. Food and service great all around. We will be back.Special Features:
- ShulasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2012Shulas is always a safe bet. Food is good and its not quiet as pricey as say a Ruths Chris.Special Features:
- Went for a quiet dinner. ShortlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012Went for a quiet dinner. Shortly after being seated a group of five with a crying baby was being seated right behind us. The manager was on the spot and offerred them a bigger table in the back. We did have a quiet dinner. Congrats to fast thinking manager.Special Features:
- My husband and I went to Shula'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2012My husband and I went to Shula's 347 to celebrate my husband's birthday. The restaurant was excellent! The atmosphere was great - not too loud and very clean! We both had filet mignon and it was the best steak dinner we've ever had. We've been to many steak places throughout the state, but this was by far the best! The service was superb and one of the things we noticed is that the manager's attentiveness to the diners was exceptional. He was very concerned about our dining experience and helped to make it the best for us! He helped bring out the entrees, clean the tables and managed to ask each diner about their individual experience at the restaurant. I feel that deserves an A+.Special Features:
- Not only was the food allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2012Not only was the food all of what we expected, we visited the one in lake Mary last year, the waiter was a pleasure and a great credit to your company. We will return even though we have resturants closer to home and you are an hour drive. Keep up the good team work.Special Features:
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2012Slow night when we dined. One steak overcooked and the other done right. Both ordered at same temp. Disappointing wine list. Better steak restaurant choices within walking distance from Schulas
- A Waterfire delightsader1970Dined on 7/21/2012We've been at Shula's multiple times. My wife had a coupon for a free entree for her birthday and we were going to Waterfire down the street anyway, so took advantage of the coupon. The service was excellent, got the free entree and they even threw in her dessert for free. My wife had the seared ahi tuna and said it was one of the best she's had ever. I had the small filet and it was cooked to perfection. I took the seasonal veggie and turned out to be corn on the cob which was just sweet and delicious. Shula's covers 3 hours of parking free and so we got to park there for Waterfire when it is usually just a zoo parking around there. Just a great, relaxing, enjoyab;e evening thanks to Shula's.Special Features:
- The food at Shula's 347 isOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/16/2012The food at Shula's 347 is always outstanding, especially their filet. I love this place because you can go casual and have a choice of casual food or their top of the line steaks / seafood. They always have a great wine selection. My only complaint about this particular visit is that they served the entrees way too quick. We weren't even done with our appetizers and felt rushed which shouldn't have been the case given the restaurant was very quiet.
- Nice SupriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2012This was a great suprise, the decor was simple and sophisticated,they seated us quickly and everyone was very friendly. It was clean and comfortable. For a chain restaurant the food was excellent. There is a very cool bar area over-looking the city.Special Features:
- The last time we went to Shula'sMerryVIPDined on 6/2/2012The last time we went to Shula's the service was atrocious however, the food was still good. This time everyting was excellent!!! Looking forward to going again.
- Compared to nearby local restaurantcapkbpDined on 5/26/2012Compared to nearby local restaurants, the food was only fair to good. The experience was not bad, but it was not memorable either.
- Food was excellent,serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Food was excellent,service needs improvement. Barely saw our waitress and when we did she was occupied with her other tables....however when she came to our table she was personable and friendly....a lot of wait time before our appetizer,dinner,and desert orders were taken....all of the food was excellent...if you want great food go to Shula's, if you want good service you will need to go elsewhere....Special Features:
- The food and service is great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/19/2012The food and service is great. The staff goes out of their way to please the patrons.
- Shula's was probably the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2012Shula's was probably the worst dining experience I've had at a "steak house". The service was terrible considering the extravagant prices. If I wasn't hungry and the food wasn't great my husband and I would have walked out. Not a good experience. Would not reccomend.Special Features:
- Good food great service.RIdinerVIPDined on 4/24/2012Good food great service. Somewhat of a limited menu.Special Features:
- Great dining in ProvidenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012This is the second time we've been to Shula's and the food was wonderful, again. It seems we tend to go there during "off peak" hours (Sunday evenings, both times, after bringing our son back to college in Providence), so it's been quiet. But the bar looks like it is probably a good hit for Happy Hour on other days. The steaks are perfect and the sides are creative and delicious. The smashed potatoe, baked potatoe, french fries and asparagus were our favorites. The kids had burgers, which were also very good. Key lime pie, even if you are already stuffed, is worth every mouthful. Share it with someone if you have to! The decor is sports related, with a smart casual feel and relaxing. Staff is very attentive & professional.Special Features:
- Definitely not great food...andsjgahhVIPDined on 4/6/2012Definitely not great food...and quite expensive for the mediocre food. Steak was just OK, shrimp were overdone, and crabcakes were tasteless. Not planning to return.
- way tooo overprioced for fairOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012way tooo overprioced for fair and average food. they had Kraft mac & cheese, really? for $8, ugh, cold chicken and small, small portions on the over $30 steaks. the baked potato was twice as large as the staek.
- Heard mixed reviews. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Heard mixed reviews. Food was delicious and my girl was happy too..enough said. Would def go backSpecial Features:
- JeniferOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We found Shula's to be a great atmosphere with friendly and good service. The entrees were delicious and Management was very accomodating to us, having a special diet. Very happy with our expeirience and hope to visit again!Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012Nothing special. Food was ok at best. They wouldn't let me use my coupon because there was a concert going on in the city...but the place wasn't near full. Will not go back.
- I have been to Shula's 3474sonsDined on 1/19/2012I have been to Shula's 347 Grille a number of time and everytime the food and the service has been outstanding. would recommend it to everyone. It's a little expensive but worth it and especially good for special occasions.Special Features:
- Wait staff was quick withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012Wait staff was quick with drinks, appetizers and salads, but we had to wait one hour and fifteen minutes for our entrees. Obviously our meals were forgotten or the waitress forget to place the order. When we finally questioned her about our food she said it would be right out, 30 minutes later it appeared, over cooked and died out. We should have gone to the Cheese Cake Factory right down the street, but we thought Shula's would be upscale, boy were we surprised.
- Food took almost and hourOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/14/2012Food took almost and hour to get, and we just ordered sandwiches. We did not see our waiter from the time we ordered until after the food was served, Never came to offer another drink, etc.Waiter said the kitchen was backed up. It was a Saturday night, what did they expect? They are located inside a Hilton,next to the Dunkin Donuts Center. It would not be a first that they would be busy on a Saturday night. No sign of management
- Good for Dunk events, otherwise noOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2012Nothing Special about Shula's. Convenient place to go before an event at the Dunk. Have dined there 3 or 4 times. Service is personable but often slow. The food the last two times arrived sporadicly and getting drinks from the bar seemed to take forever. One particular thing that was a negative from last visit was the a glass of wine was served to us in a hot glass. So go if you want convenience to the Dunk, otherwise there are better choices.
- Food was great but price wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012Food was great but price was high. Not a great food value. Our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Mike IOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/10/2012Food and service were excellent. Its a tad pricey but not as expensive as Capital Grill or Ruth's Chris. I have been a few times and every time it has been good.Special Features:
- A nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012The food was tasty- but probably not something I will remember 6 months from now. The ambiance is quite lovely, a great date spot. Our waiter was very friendly, and bordered on overly attentive, but I would certainly prefer that to the other extreme. The restaurant was surprisingly empty for a Saturday night, but it is January. Complimentary valet parking was a nice touch.Special Features:
- We had the Cowboy Rib steakDoughboyVIPDined on 1/6/2012We had the Cowboy Rib steak and it was very flavorfull. It was served with a starch and vegtable. Our service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Ok place with average food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011Ok place with average food. Nothing to write home about. Very pricey consideringSpecial Features:
- Had really great apps, dinnerRobynDined on 12/30/2011Had really great apps, dinner and drinks with 2 other couples. They put us at a round table which was awesome for catching up with our friends. Our server was fabulous.Special Features:
- We would not go back. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011We would not go back. My husband had to send his steak back. He ordered it medium, and it came to the table rare. It took so long to finish broiling his steak, I was nearly finished. I had the filet mignon, which was great- but the asparagus and garlic parm fires that accompanied it were not piping hot. When we got the bill, we noticed we were charged $19 for a $10 martini! Also- for a Saturday night- it was not busy at all- you could easily have walked in without a reservation.