Bluefin Seafood Bistro
7053 North Oracle Rd
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bluefin Seafood Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluefintucson.com/
- Phone: 5205318500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Light Menu- Monday-Sunday;3:00pm-5:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 3:pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jim Murphy / Jeff Azersky
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that seats up to 18 people comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Morales 5205318500x
A word from Bluefin Seafood Bistro
Bluefin is an upscale seafood bistro reminiscent of New Orleans with finer dining on the second floor and a hip indoor/outdoor bar on the first. Bluefin specializes in fish flown in from all over the world, as well as live Maine lobster, Alaskan crab legs and our crowd-pleasing bouillabaisse. The eclectic wine list has offerings from all over the world, several by the glass selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Bluefin Seafood Bistro - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Bluefin Seafood Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)great for outdoor dining (50)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (24)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (17)scenic view (14)good for groups (13)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- The staff made us feel special!SueazDined on 1/12/2014We went to Bluefin to help someone celebrate a milestone birthday. The staff couldn't have been more attentive. The waitress was very knowledgeable and offered solid suggestions on food and wine pairings, as well as what to expect from tasting certain dishes. Based on that help, everyone really enjoyed their meals. Knowing that we were celebrating a birthday, the manager came by occasionally to offer assistance and tributes. Their fresh fish is always good, and this evening was no exception. I have often recommended this restaurant, and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice despite the noiseout4dinDined on 1/11/2014The restaurant had a large group which was in the upstairs room as we were. So the place was full and it is a noisy restaurant when crowded. It was my Mom's 89th birthday and the waitress went out of her way to make us happy (and get our order in BEFORE the large group which we appreciated). They gave my Mom a wonderful free desert. A very nice meal and a very enjoyable evening. I look forward to going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was excellent andMinnowVIPDined on 1/11/2014Waitress was excellent and steelhead delicious . Risotto was cold and greasy and drinks were watered like they sat for the. 15 minutes after we ordered them
- Would RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014Had a perfectly made drink at the bar. Bar is relaxing with professional friendly bartenders. No problem with my complicated drink. Upstairs is where the dining room is located--very nice. Menu was diverse so several options to choose from. In fact had a hard time deciding but our waitress let us change one of the entrees to an appetizer. Food was excellent. Planning to make it one of our regular spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal fish for foodies!JSMannDined on 12/31/2013Bluefin rose to the occasion on one of the busiest nights of the year, New Years Eve, to provide an outstanding meal for our group of four. The whole experience was a delight: from our bartender Liz's quick-witted ebullience, to our server Ryan's engaging professionalism, and the manager Chris' charming hospitality. Not to mention the excellent food! Succulently smoked trout with the tang of curried mustard and sweetly paired red onion jam,a savory escolar filet paired with a richly built ginger butter, and the exquisite crunch of both cashews and sweet potato chips - superb! Even the dessert was top-notch! We scraped the plates clean after devouring the most delicately decadent, flavorful toffee crunch cheesecake. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Slow ServiceJJPLAPVIPDined on 12/31/2013Went on New Years Eve. Waited 30 minutes passed our reservation time to be seated. Service was slower than expected. Food was excellent and we will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fine DiningOVRobDined on 12/31/2013Bluefin was a great choice for New Year's Eve dinner. The seafood was fresh and very delicious. We enjoyed the Hawaiian fish as well as the Seafood Bouillabaisse. The fish was perfect and we'd certainly get it again. The Bouillabaisse was a bit overpowered by the tomato-based broth but was delicious as well. The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite satisfied2HappyDinersDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I enjoyed the food very much...especially the oysters on the half shell. We sat at a difficult table though. The very small 2 seater close to the middle of the dining room floor. There was too much foot traffic passing us on either side of the small space. With that said, the food was very tasty and the presentation of our plates was pleasing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid RestaurantLrrhodesVIPDined on 12/24/2013We arrived on time for our reservation and was seated immediately. Service was smooth and timely. One salad arrived dressed although it was ordered undressed. It was replaced immediately. Menu choices were seafood focused. Our fish entrees were very fresh and properly cooked. The kitchen tends to present "busy" plates. The wine list isn't large, but has good selections. Overall, prices are reasonable for a restaurant of this quality. The noise level was annoying once the upstairs dining room filled. For a quiet dinner, probably best to not go at the peak dinner hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/22/2013WE had such a great meal here - excellent, excellent service and the food was perfect!Special Features:
- Nice dinner with friends..foodcappiDined on 12/20/2013Nice dinner with friends..food fresh and tasty; mussels yummy, weren't rushed. Service a bit erratic this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy stomachsKayBeeWIDined on 12/10/2013Enjoyed the pleasant sincerity of our waitress. We had salmon and the ahi special along with a shared started of crab cake. Four glasses of wine between the two of us. We were quite early for dinner (5:30 PM) and we were seated upstairs. Too cold that night for outdoors! Bill was about $100 without tip. We will be back. It was a lick the platter clean place... Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat there every time we visitSlickDined on 12/9/2013Eat there every time we visit Tucson. Staff friendly and attentive and the food is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceChiTown8Dined on 12/7/2013We had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was great and the food was outstanding. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodCharleneDined on 11/23/2013The dishes are excellently prepared and the staff is friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and dependableRonBDined on 11/21/2013Bluefin is a great restaurant with high quality food, attentive and excellent service, and always dependable. We've never had a bad meal or bad service over the years and recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingdambadgersDined on 11/11/2013Best dinner atmosphere in a very long time. Very romanticand quietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishWheelsDined on 11/6/2013Once again, some of the best fish I've ever had. The wait staff is knowledgeable. Service couldn't be smoother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- choices aboundjulyDined on 11/2/2013There were so many choices. We have to go back again soon so we can taste more. Loved the idea that they have an elevator. I recently had surgery and couldn't do the stairs to the upstairs dining area. First class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluefin BistroJackDined on 10/30/2013Despite being in a shopping center, this restaurant provided a very pleasant dining experience. The second floor seating offered a quiet location, with well-spaced tables. The menu presented a nice selection. The nut-crusted maui-mahi was excellent. We returned for a lunch, dining on the patio. The menu offered good selections at reasonable prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the fish special, escolar;OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/30/2013I had the fish special, escolar; and it was absaolutely delicious. Best fish I have eaten this past year in Tucson!I would recommend this to a friend.
- tonite the service was a bitambroseDined on 10/22/2013tonite the service was a bit slower than normal - it seemed to really lag at times. It wasn't terrible - just a bit slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent MealGourmetGhettoGoerVIPDined on 10/21/2013The food and services continues to be at a high level at Bluefin. We dined there on a Monday night, usually an off night for most restaurants, yet we had one of our best entrees there ever: their steelhead trout special, with a pesto sauce over fresh vegetables and Israeli cous cous. We also ordered the always dependable gulf oysters--a buck-a-piece during happy hour-and gulf shrimp for our appetizers. Our wait person steered me toward a very nice (and big) by-the-glass pinot noir, which paired nicely with the steelhead. And I once again finished another fine meal with a delicious creme brulee and French-pressed coffee, the latter being a rare treat in Tucson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid choiceFoodDudeVIPDined on 10/19/2013From fish and chips to much more sophisticated fish preparations, the folks do it well. Chowders for a cool evening, a broad wine list with some uncommon finds and pristinely fresh fish usually prepared quite well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner for my husbandequusartDined on 10/18/2013Blue Fin is one of my husband's favorite restaurants. He is a seafood foodie! Our visits are always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great evening! Service andKathleenDined on 10/18/2013Great evening! Service and food were very good............Special Features:
- Always a good bet!PocoCieloDined on 10/17/2013We have enjoyed going to Blue Fin since the day it opened. This was a special occasion and the staff was absolutely wonderful and attentive. The Bouillabaisse was absolutely to die for, and the Alaskan King crab was tender and sweet. Blue Fin will always be a favorite--it has NEVER disappointed us! I promise you will enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBec240Dined on 10/12/2013Food was great. We had a party of four, and everyone ordered something different. All the dishes and drinks arrived as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, a winner!sschwartz3455Dined on 10/5/2013Thanks again for a lovely dinner and overall dining experience! each of the 3 different fish dishes that the 4 of us ordered was wonderful: yellow fin, sea bass and diver scallops - delicious! The sides were delicious. The forbidden rice was a wonderful surprise for my husband who typically doesn't eat rice, and he even asked how it was made and the wait staff kindly went into the kitchen let us know how the rice was made. Every time we go, we continue to have excellent food, with interesting preparations worthy of foodies with a wonderful staff! Whether you just want some oysters and a beer in the bar and outside dining or a full wonderful meal, this is a definite Tucson gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was disappointingSandiDined on 10/1/2013We eat here quite often, though usually at the bar or outside on the patio. The food is always excellent and the service is generally spot on. This was my husband's birthday, so we decided to eat upstairs (a more formal setting). They were not busy (Tuesday night). Our fish was delicious, but the spinach on my plate had not been drained well and everything was floating in water. It made the fingerling potatoes soggy. Our server never came by to check on our order. In fact, she would just disappear for long periods. Our entrées came and we had no utensils, as we had used them on appetizers. This is not usual. Great bus staff. I spoke with the man seating guests and he said he would take care of it, but by then we were done with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the lobsterfest. myDisappointedDined on 9/21/2013I had the lobsterfest. my dinner was very good. my husband was very disappointed at the menu options and limitations. restaurant was small very noisy and felt crowded or close. I would not go againSpecial Features:
- Had to return our wine "byJillitaDined on 9/20/2013Had to return our wine "by the glass" as it was bad. Much prefer the "sister" restaurant Kingfisher.Special Features:
- We have patronized BluefinCharfmanDined on 9/15/2013We have patronized Bluefin for > 10 years and have always had excellent food and service. Both the owner and some of the wait staff know us personally, which adds to the positive experience. Noise level is low to allow conversation, which is very much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayRhinoDined on 9/12/2013Outstanding lobster special. Attentive (but not overly so) waitstaff; manager stopped by as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Round table lobster nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2013Five of us enjoyed the lobster special, drank wine which was replenished unobtrusively and good was great. We will make this place a regular go to as seafood is good and service is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok not as good as expectedPhoenixvisitors2Dined on 9/8/2013Quiet balcony seating with nice setting. Service was ok but not exceptional and lack of anybody music made for less than intimate dinner. By the glass wine list was limited. Seafood was both very good and weak with two different entrees. Appetizer was very good. Overall price was pretty high for dinner and could have been better.Special Features:
- Was. Birthday meal which wasPamTomDined on 9/7/2013Was. Birthday meal which was not mentioned to our server, however we were not offered a dessert option so we went another restaurant for dessert.Special Features:
- LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013Lobster was OK. Sides of rice and coleslaw were unexciting. Mussels and clams were old and not good. Not the best meal we've had here. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio With a Desert Mountain ViewCACTUSDANDined on 8/31/2013Fresh seafood in the desert seems like an oxymoron but Blue Fin delivers fresh seafood expertly prepared. I had a moist and tender swordfish steak served with a fresh mint sauce that complemented the fish without overwhelming it. My wife had the Cashew Crusted Hawaiian Fish that was flavorful and despite the word 'crusted' was not fatty. The patio has a Mediterranean feel with a stunning view of Pusch Ridge. This is a favorite restaurant where we always leave feeling well feed and relaxed by the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseMf32Dined on 8/31/2013More than I expected, great ambience and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.