Bistro at Bacara Resort
8301 Hollister Ave.
Goleta, CA 93117Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistro at Bacara Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacararesort.com/
- Phone: 855-200-3544x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00 am - 11:30 am;
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Chris Turano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Bistro offers a private dining space that accomadates up to 20 guests.
Please inquire with The Bistro for requests of larger, non-private, reservations.
- Private Party Contact: Ted Ellis 8055714217x
A word from Bistro at Bacara Resort
Situated oceanside, The Bistro offers a casual and relaxed atmosphere to dine and enjoy sweeping views of the coastline. Inspired by the elegant charm of the Italian Riviera, The Bistro blends the finest locally-sourced ingredients with flavors of Italy, rich in seafood, fragrant olive oil, fresh herbs and farmers’ market vegetables. Menu highlights include traditional Italian dishes, such as pastas and brick-oven flatbreads, complemented by lighter, coastal cuisine. A refreshed dining room incorporates elements of Santa Barbara’s beautiful panorama, with the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Santa Ynez Mountains on the other.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bistro at Bacara Resort - Best Restaurants in Goleta ›
Bistro at Bacara Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (50)scenic view (46)great for lunch (26)romantic (24)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (22)great for brunch (21)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (12)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (1)Show More
- General Manager was fantastic!DD323VIPDined on 10/17/2014General Mgr, Thomas, was fantastic! Excellent service by Thomas...much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food by the ocean!HappyDinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014The Bistro at Bacara features a wonderful opportunity to dine with an incredible ocean view and the food is fantastic. Brunch here is truly fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionTrishsterDined on 9/20/2014I'd have to say that Melissa's understated and timely service made this night special. The wine and food were both perfect. There were kids all around us, and all behaved well... but I think that it would be nice if there were sections for adults. Just a thought because the evening was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flaky ServiceNedmeierDined on 9/19/2014This venue and it's view are a personal favorite. We had a great meal. The Heirloom Tomato soup and small caesar salad were bursting with wonderful fresh flavor. Halibut was excellent, but too many capers which made it a little too salty. Steak was delicious and cooked perfectly. The chocolate-olive oil cake was outstanding. Our server team was nice and mostly attentive. HOWEVER, we were rather deeply engaged in conversation as the meal went on and they never knew when to stay away or at least be unobtrusive when clearing plates. We love the food and the venue, have been here before and would come back. But table-side manner needs much improvement.Special Features:
- Amazing hotel, food is OK.TripleADined on 9/14/2014The grounds of the bacara are gorgeous and were really the reason we went to brunch there. You have to remember it's still a hotel and the food,while tasty, is still hotel/resort food. We didn't get great wait service which us unusual for a hotel of the bacara's caliber, but the manager mitigate that when he fixed a problem we encountered. Maybe next time will be better, we will definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014Yo cant beat the view and the food is good as well. My wife and i have been going to the bistro for years, it one of our favorite places for brunchSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerVacationDinerDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening at the Bistro. We were warmly greeted by the hostesses, then by both our wait staff, and finally by the restaurant manager. We were surprised with glasses of champagne to help us with the birthday celebratation. Each dinner selection was cooked to perfection and we shared a delicious cheesecake dessert. The hostess called us a cart which escorted us to our waiting car. A completely wonderful evening. Kudos to the staff at the Bistro!Special Features:
- Great food and view!!luv2eatDined on 9/9/2014My husband took me here the other night for our anniversary and the view was amazing. The service was great and the food and wine were excellent. I look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Perfect dining spotluv2dineVIPDined on 9/8/2014The service is outstanding, and you can't beat the view. The wine list is significant, and the food is delicious. Great experience!Special Features:
- Bacara's Bistro by he seabrunchgreenstDined on 9/7/2014Great local sourced Cal-Med by the sea. Eat here often, always appreciate the great food always perfectly prepared. Nice Central Coast wine list. Beautiful environment and a friendly and enthusiastic young . staff, if not always professionally polishedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible food. Fabulous servicejerry82VIPDined on 9/6/2014The service was incredible, especially from our server Landon. My wife and I were at the Bistro to celebrate our anniversary. Landon was EXTRAORDINARY! He made us feel like VIPs. As far as the food goes, we started with the fritto misto (excellent). I had the chef's famous halibut and I was not disappointed. One of the best local halibuts i've ever eaten. My wife had the rock shrimp spaghetti. It was not at all what I would have expected based off the menu description; however, it was delicious and she absolutely loved it! For dessert, we tried the chef's famous chocolate olive oil cake. It was dense, incredibly rich, and decadent! I felt a bit gluttonous eating it, but it was A+++ and I would recommend it for anyone. We will be back!Special Features:
- Nice Night on the Central CoastNickiDined on 8/29/2014Pleasant summer night outside at the Bistro. Very good service, food was good. All in all a very nice evening. Would return.Special Features:
- Food with a viewDharperVIPDined on 8/29/2014Typically when you have a beautiful ocean view the dinning experience is marginal. Such is not the case at the bistro. Fresh sustainable produce and seafood were spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CandyCandyluvDined on 8/24/2014Unbeatable view and ambience. Food at brunch was average and nothing special, coffee was lukewarm. Overall, one goes there for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacara ScenemanhattanladyDined on 8/11/2014This resort is quite lovely, boasting good food, excellent wine selections, and the largest Spa ever. Bistro is one of the restaurants, and wonderful for all dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaroDined on 8/11/2014Relaxing atmosphere and good food/drink. Great for families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breakfast buffet was okay.BlueMoonVIPDined on 8/10/2014In a newly renovated space, with dedicated stations for the prep and serving of an array of breakfast items, we really thought that this would be a great place to take friends. Instead, it seemed to us that the breakfast buffet had fallen off somewhat from previous times, and that was disappointing. The omelette station has prep space for 4 pans to be worked at a time; service here was very slow, however, and our group of 4 ate in shifts so the eggs would not be cold. Some of the food offered was pretty lackluster, such as oatmeal that was at a full spitting boil over a small burner, a table that had only whole pieces of fruit (who wants to pay $35pp for a whole banana?), pastries were almost non-existant, and stale croissants. Service B-
- Spectacular ocean view settingLynHDined on 8/1/2014Loved our dinner. Food was well presented and tasted great. Service was competent, although server was a bit green; may have been new. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Beautiful View but Service LackingjagmackVIPDined on 7/31/2014We were seated with an outstanding view of the Pacific, but after that things came unglued. When we unfolded our napkins, we found they were wet, not just damp, but wet. We signaled for the server to get replacements, but the replacements were only slightly drier. No other replacements were offered. Could it be that every napkin in the place was wet? We went on to order our dinner and my wife specified that no dressing be added to her salad. When the salad came it was fully dressed. She reminded the server who took the salad, then returned with a salad with oil on it. When she pointed this out, the server said that oil was not dressing. This caused us to send the salad back again and finally we received a fully undressed salad.Special Features:
- Horible ServiceanansiDined on 7/31/2014The setting is dramatic and lovely, the food was fine, but the service was disappointing. We waited and waited and waited for anything. Had to ask for everything. Our waitress didn't come and check on us once. We would ask someone to go and find her and they would disappear. The place was empty and several other servers were just hanging around, so we couldn't understand what was wrong. I'm afraid no one in our party will want to return to the Bacarra after this experience. A real disappointment.Special Features:
- NashvilleNashvilleVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a very friendly waiter and knowledgable about all the dishes served. The water view was relaxing. Afterwards walking the hotel complex was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Amazing view and good food. Service not as great as expected for a luxury hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate for a hotelnewmoonDined on 7/24/2014The hotel is quite far from downtown Santa Barbara so if you don;t want to travel out you have two choices and this is one of them. The Bacara is fairly new and has some work to do if they want to earn the kind of reputation they expect and the prices they charge. Overall we were satisfied with the food based on our expectations. The server was somewhat annoying. She was quite pretentious boldly making suggestions for the "true gentleman". In other words order what I suggest or you are not. In fact I would have ordered that, the most expensive dish, if she had not said that. When I ordered a 2nd glass of $ 18/glass wine she whisked away my glass which was not empty. That was infuriating. it should have been a fresh pour.Special Features:
- Took my dad for his 95th birthday!MmiddleDined on 7/23/2014The resort is beautiful and it was a wonderful day to enjoy the gorgeous weather. The service was slow by the assistant manager came out to apologize. My dad had a sirloin steak and said that he has had better at other restaurants. The salads were delicious, as was my mushroom pizza and my mom's shrimp pasta. Plus they brought out a great dessert for my dad's birthday! We plan to bring my niece and nephew and their spouses the next time they visit California.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014For $70, I expected a lot more than scrambled eggs and an omelet bar. Overpriced for the ambiance you enjoy.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner/wonderful ambienceDebraCADined on 7/13/2014My husband and I celebrated our 38th anniversary at this restaurant while staying at this wonderful hotel. The staff couldn't have been nicer or friendlier and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner by the ocean. Delightful in every way. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baccara is long on Elegancedinner42Dined on 7/8/2014Loved this restaurant, a Santa Barbara area Gem! The food was fantastic, romantic setting, lovely pacific view.Special Features:
- CalviaCalviaDined on 7/7/2014We found the standard if the food and the presentation outstanding. The service was enthusiastic and friendly if a little inexperiencedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pepper133Dined on 7/3/2014It wasn't hard to return to this lovely and scenic dining spot. The staff are friendly and exceptionally attentive. The ahi tuna club was fabulous. Thank you to Ted and Oldemar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flexible for many occasionsChristi102Dined on 6/30/2014This restaurant at Bacara resort is flexible for many occasion. There were many of us there in resort causal attire having dinner while staying at the resort. There were other folks from the surrounding neighborhood there in more formal attire celebrating anniversaries. And there were plenty of families with children there, as there were plenty of food options for kids. The food was really good and the views of the ocean from the patio dining area were spectacular. The buffet doesn't start until 6pm, so consider that when deciding when to make your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceThewelltraveledDinerVIPDined on 6/30/2014The Bistro restaurant at The Bacara Resort was perfect, beautiful view with great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Oceanside lunchCactuspalDined on 6/27/2014Visited for early lunch. Had reservation but not needed, plenty of open seats both inside and outside. Only valet parking, no charge. Good service good food. Will be back to Bistro and/or Miro restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoddessGoddessDined on 6/25/2014Million dollar view, great food and service. Very comfortable and you feel like your in an exotic place. Love it and will definitely return !Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the Bistro at Bacara Resort reviews archive.
- Dinner and BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/22/2014We were staying at Bacara for a conference. We decided to try the Bistro despite many of the reviews saying how bad the service was. Those reviews were coreect…the service was poor. The staff was not well trained, especially with the beverage service. I had to send my cocktail back, with no offer to bring me another. Our waitress also had no clue about wine service. The food was good, not great. Fortunately the view of the Pacifiv Ocean was wonderful. We had long waits between beverage service, food service and bill arrival, so the scenery helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean View and Great FoodJudyDined on 6/16/2014My husband and I ate several meals at the Bistro during our stay and enjoyed each one. The food is varied, and even though I dislike buffets, this place knows how to offer excellent food in this type of set up. We'll definitely return for the view, for the scrumptious food, and for the attentive service.Special Features:
- We will go back!FullonfoodieDined on 6/14/2014The overall ambiance and quality/uniqueness of the food makes this a place to frequent whenever we are in the area. Portions were a bit on the small side, but very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not goodJDDDDined on 6/13/2014Our server was new and when asked about a bottle of Spanish white wine and what it compares to, she did not know but checked with the table next to us and came back saying "they like it." Right then we ordered another bottle (Pinot Grigio) since everyone likes different types of wine. Service continued to not improve with my soup coming up and no spoon to eat it. Toward the middle and end of our meal, not once did our waitress come over and ask how things were. As she brought the check, she commented to us that we look tired. Seriously? We had a great experience at Bacara having stayed there for a week long work meeting then staying the weekend. The bistro had a nice ambiance but the food was OK and service way below average.Special Features:
- Food took for everKpcrsmDined on 6/7/2014Loved the resort as it was beautiful. We had previously eaten at Miro for daughter graduation from UCSB last year and it was excellent. However Bistro restaurant was disappointing as food service was very slow. The food took for ever. Our diner reservations were at 7:30 for four. The servers were nice and prompt. We ordered and then we waited and waited for our food. It did not come until almost 9:30. We overheard a woman also complaining as well. We also had the beachside breakfast which was at the Bistro. We ordered off the menu rather than buffet. Again took for ever for food to arrive. They also forgot wife's sausage. Also this was first time we ever had a waiter tell us that they ran out of coffee.Special Features:
- Great Spot for Lunchsho4shoDined on 6/5/2014For a special occasion, this is a great lunch spot. Good food, great views.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT, hightly recommend it!!!SofiaDined on 6/1/2014We had dinner for my mother's birthday celebration this weekend at the Bistro, the food, service and ambiance was excellent, we had a great experience and would definately be returning for another occasion. The staff were very attentive, personable and took the time to make you feel valued, EXCELLENT SERVICE!!! Thank you for making my mother's day very special :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.