The Pointe Restaurant
82 Bradford Street
Provincetown, MA 02657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Pointe Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.provincetown-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 5084872365
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robbin Haas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With its one-of-a-kind Provincetown setting, culinary excellence and intimate dining, The Pointe Restaurant offers the perfect setting for a private party, rehearsal dinner, wedding, commitment ceremony or private engagement party. We've hosted many events, but never one quite like yours. However you envision your special day to be, we are deeply committed to ensuring that your event is executed with the optimum in presentation, quality and service.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle 5084872365
- Special Events: Our Club Room is the perfect venue for your special event. Private parties and private dinners up to 30 can be accommodated.
A word from The Pointe Restaurant
Located at The Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, The Pointe Restaurant serves modern American cuisine. Located in the Inn’s famous sea captain’s mansion, diners enjoy the sophisticated, yet relaxed atmosphere. With just 50 seats, the Bistro offers an intimate dining experience with first-class service that matches its premier dishes and award-winning wine list. The Bistro works with a vast network of local purveyors to provide fresh ingredients that inspire our executive chef to create alluring dishes that change daily. From line-caught seafood and naturally raised meat to the organic produce. Enjoy Provincetown lobster fresh from our tank or choose from the many items on our more casual dining selections great for sharing. The Pointe's menu has something for everyone including various seafood selections, several beef and pork items, as well as vegetairan options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Pointe Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Provincetown ›
The Pointe Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (45)special occasion (33)scenic view (33)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (14)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- My partner and I went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2009My partner and I went there for Valentines as well as for our 5th years anniversary. As we entered the restaurant, we received a very warm welcome. The staffs were very friendly and happy which was a great start. We were sitting by the window which gave us a good view of the surrouding area. The waiter was nice but need a bit more knowledge of the foods. He seems had no idea what was serving on the menu. Nevertheless, the starter was delicious. The "salad" is nothing I have seen before, it was fruity, cook, and delicious. We got the grilled lamb for our main course. It was cook the way we want it, except it needs a bit more seasoning or salt. The dessert was a bit too sweet. I am definitely going back to try other dishes.Special Features:
- I was there the weekend ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009I was there the weekend of 02/14-02/17 and it was great. My girlfriend and I enjoy the prifix dinner on Valentine's Day and the everyday hot breakfast that was served. We definetly will recommend to anyone, who enjoys great food. Looking forward in returning Summer 2009. Thanks Again.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I, thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2009My girlfriend and I, thought the food, atmosphere and service was excellant. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Dinner at the Bistro was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2008Dinner at the Bistro was wonderful. From the staff to the cuisine all was great. The restaurant is romantic and is set in an old restored mansion overlooking Provincetown and the Pilgrim Monument. The wine list is huge and reasonable, and free parking is included.Special Features:
- This was our best dining experienceTarrZVIPDined on 10/30/2008This was our best dining experience in Provincetown in many years. The cuisine features local, seasonal ingredients. The service is impeccable and the dining room is truly a pleasure. Try the cozy little cocktail bar before dinner.Special Features:
- Very good dining experience.ChrisVIPDined on 10/3/2008Very good dining experience. The restaurant is located in the historic Crown Pointe Inn and is small and cozy, but the tables are very close together. New England Clam Chowder was fabulous! Service was very attentive and friendly and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.
- Yummy clam chowder, innovativeHealthspeakerVIPDined on 8/24/2008Yummy clam chowder, innovative salad, delicious local wine, superb housemade dessert, great service, and interesting folks in the adjoining tables. A lovely evening.Special Features:
- Some folks on the staff wereAlexVIPDined on 8/20/2008Some folks on the staff were really friendly and some had a terrible attitude, not focusing on the proper service etiquette. Overall, it was disappointing, with mediocre food.
- A nice place for a RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2008A nice place for a Romantic Meal. The food is prepared with a unique twist, nice and fresh. The dining area looks out over the town and sits up high with a great view. I'll be coming back again!Special Features:
- My friends and I were treatedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2008My friends and I were treated like celebrities as we gathered to celebrate my birthday and upcoming marriage at the Bistro at Crowne Pointe. The food was tantalizing, wine list was full of fine choices, and the ambiance was stunning. The staff attentive, warm, and welcoming.Special Features:
- Good meal, friendly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008Good meal, friendly service. It was very nice and nothing to complain about. The style of decor was not my taste, but not offensive. We enjoyed our meal in everyway.Special Features:
- it was an ok night, we loveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2008it was an ok night, we love the place, but was a bit was off. Duck was over cooked, Steak was good but not outstanding. Service very strong, good drinks, but overall we thought it was an off night for one of the best places in town we love.
- Another fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2008Another fantastic dining experience at one of Provincetown's finest restaurants.Special Features:
- food not as good as last yearOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2008food not as good as last year - so so salad good entréeSpecial Features:
- The best service in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2008The best service in town. Beautifully restored antique home.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and friendly,NYCRockerVIPDined on 6/26/2008Outstanding food and friendly, attentive service make this a must visit place in Provincetown. Situated in a historic building just blocks from downtown, this out of the way Bistro is top notch. The desserts were beyond belief.Special Features:
- Still one of the finest restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/18/2008Still one of the finest restaurants in town. We had another great dining experience, and will be back next month during our Brass Key stay.Special Features:
- We were from out of time soOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2008We were from out of time so were a little leery of trying this restaurant. However, to our surprise - the food was superb in taste was well as presentation; the staff were great; and the overall ambiance was outstanding. This truly is a rare find.Special Features:
- Music was loud and inappropriateOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/14/2008Music was loud and inappropriate (improvisional jazz) for an intimate restaurant like this Quality of beef for ribeye steak special was poor Appetizers and desert were good, but nothing extraordinary Friends had recommended this restaurant highly, but it unlikely that we will ever go backSpecial Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2008Our dining experience was top notch from the moment we were greeted by the host. We had requested a quiet table when making the reservation and were presented with two options away from a wedding dinner. We opted to sit on the porch overlooking the city. (The table spacing was much more spacious than anticipated.) Likewise, we were given two white wines to sample before making our wine selection. The fish entrees were prepared perfectly and served attractively with fresh vegetables and rice. The carrot cake for dessert was a perfect ending to a scruptuous meal. I would definitely recommend this restaurant when visiting Provincetown. It is a real gem.Special Features:
- Enjoyable entree. I had aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2008Enjoyable entree. I had a stir-fry. The rice, vegetables, and seafood were cooked to perfection. The smoked curry sauce was perfectly seasoned and not overpowering. I will definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- We have been to Crowner PointeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2008We have been to Crowner Pointe three times. This last time was very disapointing. The food was fair at best...way below expectaion given the price. Service was very slow and not all that proffesional. For the price, there are several other placees in town that are consistently excellent.
- The food and wine were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008The food and wine were excellent. Even the coffee was very good which in many fine restaurants is an afterthought. The waiters were attentive without being overbearing. the kitchen was a little slow the evening we were there but the food was so good, we didn't mind the extra wait. We will definately make another trip to Crowne Point and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Food was good but not memorable.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2008Food was good but not memorable. Generous portions. Cocktails were again OK but not great. Service was efficient but for a very small restaurant suprisingly not friendly. We may return for another visit. Perhaps they had an off night......
- We happen to love the CrowneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008We happen to love the Crowne Point in Provincetown and were there celebrating our anniversary. The staff is more than courteous, kind, helpful. The food was delicious! We can not wait to return!Special Features:
- Advertises 2 for one priceKATHYDined on 3/23/2008Advertises 2 for one price special in local current edition of paper for Sunday even though Easter Sunday is clearly the next Sunday. You don't get the advertised price "because this is a holiday Sunday" duh! Why place the ad then? The last time we went having seen the same ad, we didn't get it then either because it was a holiday weekend. Sunday wasn't a holiday. Monday was the holiday and it was only Presidents' Day. Furthermore BOTH times that we went we were charged more on our bill for the entree than the price printed on the menu. Although the waiter willingly fixed the error, once is a mistake, twice is suspicious. This time there was a $6 discrepancy, not a minor matter.Special Features:
- We had been warned by a localOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/16/2008We had been warned by a local to steer clear but we had already booked and faced a cancellation charge (now we know why! when people get into town and hear how they are, they may be apt to cancel). It's been a long time since we've been so disappointed in a meal (especially one in this price range). It was almost like eating at a Sheraton or Marriott. The apps seemed like they could have been microwaved. My filet mignon had some weird garnish on top that while I'm sure it wasn't, seemed to be a huge handful of dead dried grass. No flavor and just poked you in the mouth when you tried to eat it. We opted out of dessert and moved on as quickly as possible. We'll definitely be warning friends to stay clear of this place.Special Features:
- We've had dinner here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/16/2008We've had dinner here several times and it has always been outstanding. One of my favorites is the Filet Mignon.
- This was a very romantic locationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/3/2007This was a very romantic location - it overlooked picturesques streets - great location for a date. The hotel is one of the historic hotels in America, and definately has old world charm.Special Features: