Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
48 Deer Park Ave.
Babylon, NY 11702Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.monsoonny.com/
- Phone: 6315874400x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 5PM - 11PM: Fri, Sat 5PM - 12AM; Sun Closed until Sept 15
Lounge: Mon-Thur 4:30PM - 1AM; Fri, Sat 4:30PM-2AM; Sun Closed until Sept 15
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Michael Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please visit http://monsoonny.com/catering.php for more information
- Special Events: Please contact our restaurant for further details.
A word from Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
Monsoon, connoting seasonal weather changes across Asia, represents a wind of change in concept and menu for the Bohlsen family. It is the group’s first Asian restaurant and the sixth in its portfolio of leading Long Island restaurants. Monsoon bridges the gap between authentic Vietnamese, Chinese and Thai and what Long Islanders love most about modern Asian cuisine in a menu of exciting, explosively flavored food. The relaxed and hip setting of this 21st century restaurant makes use of all technology has to offer while presenting some of the oldest, and most tried and true, Asian dishes, brought the Bohlsen way, to Long Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Babylon ›
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)fit for foodies (36)hot spot (30)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (23)notable wine list (11)late-night find (10)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- JLP718Dined on 5/3/2014salad, Octopus & Monk fish excellent skirt steak tasty but tough very good ambiance . Exellent se4rviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and trendyash121681Dined on 5/2/2014Amazing food, fun, trendy vibe! Try the shredded duck buns! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekKel64Dined on 5/2/2014I tried it w my girlfriends, because of restaurant wk & special menu. It was very good & I would definitely go back with my husband. It is expensive, so I would go again on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian Fusion...RadarrogueDined on 5/2/2014as always. We like the simpler revamped menu, except for the removal of our FAVORITE dish, the millionaire curry crab. Tried the ramen for the first time and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!LetseatDined on 5/1/2014We arrived at Monsoon for our dinner reservation right on time. We were greeted by the hostess and noticed that the restaurant was not yet very crowded so we asked if we could hang at the bar for a couple of pre dinner drinks. Not a problem it was happy hour and the bar tender made my wife a Monsoon Signature Bloody Mary, she loved it. We were seated for dinner and were very happy with our friendly professional waitress. The dinner was a mix of sushi, sashimi, and rolls that were fresh melt in your mouth pieces of delicious fish. My son enjoyed his perfectly prepared skirt steak entree and octopus appetizer. The portions of food were also very generous. Two thumbs up!! Will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014I found Monsoon to have a great ambience but, the food wasn't that great. This spot definitely has a NYC feel and they charge NYC prices for drinks. Unfortunately, this spot in Babylon Village not NYC. I would go again, not for food but drinks and appetizers. The menu reminded me of PF changs. I would like to reiterate that the ambience is great but the food is just okay.Special Features:
- Enjoy a meal elsewhereCriticalDined on 4/27/2014I have been to Monsoon before and this time I brought my son with me because I had told him how great it was. The worst meal ever and 45 minutes to get a meal and we needed to ask for a server to give our order. The dumplings were cold; the pork fried rice tasted like it was seeped in pork broth and it had huge chunks of shredded pork; inedible. The main dishes were mediocre at best; the chicken with pineapple had 1 small piece of pineapple; I think. Then they said they would take off for the dumplings but they were included in the 2 year anniversary special so when I got the bill I forgot to question that. I could not wait to leave. I told them I would not return. It was not worth $90.00; not even close.
- delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Monsoon was lovely as always. The was great, very tasty. The waitress was delightful, she made great recommendations. My husband and I will definitely recommend this place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014wonderful experience, a little pricey but dined under dinner special and was reasonable...looking forward to restaurant week...Special Features:
- Great place in a cozy little townAncientWarriorDined on 4/25/2014Our first time there will certainly not be the last. From the uniqueness of the building, to the interior decor and lighting, service, and fabulous food, we could find nothing but reasons to return. All 4 of us loved it!Special Features:
- interesting menutomayVIPDined on 4/24/2014decent food sort of fusion asian- a bit pricey but not overly so-
- Monsoonjudge1Dined on 4/24/2014The restaurant the experience the food was great from beginning to end. At one point it became a little dark inside but that was then quickly adjusted. The food was just perfect and the service was great. A truly good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Food, service and atmosphere were great. Our server, Steven was a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Great FoodsRichVIPDined on 4/18/2014The new menu at Monsoon is extraordinary. We very much enjoyed all their offerings. But most outstanding, was Adam our waiter. He was friendly, knowledgeable of all offerings and very helpful in menu selections. We'll be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nitedateniteDined on 4/17/2014we had a fun time!! servicewas very nice, didn't care for my table near the service area, would have rather sat closer to the front upstairsSpecial Features:
- Upped the bar!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014Our table wasn't ready when we arrived although when we were led to it, there were plenty of open tables around it. I can only assume it was the changing of the guard (shift change), and I can appreciate that. Our waiter was wonderful! There when we needed him and silent when we didn't. The beers ordered were cold, glasses clean. The appetizer, a "pu-pu" platter of sorts, was delicious..peking duck, chicken lettuce wraps, dumplings, shrimp tempura and steak skewers. Actually, that alone could have been our dinner. We ordered the peking duck for 2 for dinner and were not disappointed in the slightest! But we were so full, that half of it had to come home, No dessert but the espresso was good, although a little more crema was expected.Special Features:
- Perfection!!!foodie83VIPDined on 4/15/2014Hands down the best restaurant on long island!!!!! From top to bottom this place knows how to run. Food was to die for and the service couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good but might not go backlovingfoodDined on 4/12/2014We've been to Monsoon many times. We have taken many of our friends there too. All loved it before. Week took relatives this time. We were disappointed this time. First and foremost, they changed the menu..They took 2 of our favorite items off. No more chicken wings, no more pancakes. Our waiter took our order and brought all of our sushi out to my sister in law and me all at once. When our husbands got there food after their apps, we had NOTHING to eat while they were eating their dinner. The waiter never went over the sauces on the table for any one. After dinner, I ordered a cup of coffee. It was warm. the prices are high. and we were NOT happy at all :(I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of NYC on LIKK78VIPDined on 4/10/2014After a few minutes in Monsoon you'll forget you're in Babylon. Trendy like a NYC restaurant without the drive or LIRR trip! Food is fun and delicious - great place to share and get to try a lot of different things. The fried oreos are to die for and the dirty fortune cookies are a riot!Special Features:
- Great night outOtisDined on 4/2/2014Excellent food great service overall great night out!! A little pricey but the food is amazing and the portions are very generousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ice Ceeam for DesertdudleyDined on 4/2/2014Steak is new on the menue and the NY Strip was perfect, the three dipping sauces were different and enjoyable. The sweet and sour chicken with a side of Jasmine rice is perfect. You can't go wrong with any of the dumplings for an appetizer. But save room for the three ice cream cones (flavors vary over time), it is good for two or three people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time here was a bust.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2014not crowded at all and I made a reservationstill were told to wait. our waiter was completely oblivious. ordered 2 apps and only got one. Then we ordered our entrees waited for so long. The waiter came over and asked if we were ready for dessert. HE TOTALLY FORGOT US AND DIDN'T EVEN REALIZED HE NEVER GAVE US OUR DINNER. When it finally came out it was the wrong dish. So annoyed. we had been there 2 hours at this point and it wasn't even busy. almost every table around us was empty. We decided on no dessert because we wanted to just get out of there! To top it off food was just "eh" nothing great. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Blow away Monsoon!GlobaltravelerVIPDined on 3/30/2014This is probably the fifth time I have been here. It started out with excellent food and has progressively gone downhill. I ordered Shrimp Tempura and the seafood fried rice. The Shrimp were hot but the rest of the vegetables were lukwarm. If you know anything about Tempura, it has to be served hot - this definitely wasn't and the flavor and texture paid the price. The seafood fried rice was basically bland with no seasoning at all. This was my last attempt to give the restaurant another try. I am quite surprised that the Bohlsen group would let one of their establishments continue with this behavior.
- First time won't be the last!Foodie14Dined on 3/28/2014Overall it was a great experience. Food was awesome! I had the shrimp tempura roll and the cod. Both were delicious! The only complaint was that they were all about cleaning, and replacing the plates and filling our water glasses over and over. There was a group of us and we would of liked a little less of all of that. Overall I would definitely go back and tell all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicelavitalocoDined on 3/22/2014this time was not happy with the service. i felt rushed in placing a orderSpecial Features:
- Great Menu and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/22/2014Loved the updated menu. Wonderful service by waiter Adam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/20/2014everything was wonderful, from the food to the ambiance.Special Features:
- MonsoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014The food was delicious and the restaurant itself was very well put together. Would recommend to a friend, looking forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!JblockDined on 3/14/2014Food was delicious! Lobster and steak and brussel sprouts were great! Atmosphere really jumping! A lot of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Restaurant... Usually...RobaloDined on 3/11/2014We have been to Monsoon 5 times (And BRG restaurants several times). Of all our experiences this was the worst. We had ordered Shrimp Pad Thai, Ramen, and Sushi. During our ordering, we asked about the Lobster Cantonese - a new item on the menu - and we wound up receiving that dish instead of the Pad Thai (which was one of the reasons I wanted to go to Monsoon). That was fine, mistakes happen, but taking 20 minutes or more to receive the correct dish, that wasn't even piping hot, is unacceptable. Then the dish didn't taste right, so we sent it back and ordered the regular Pad Thai which tasted better, was piping hot, and came ever so quickly (3-4 minutes). That said I would return to Monsoon, but if that was my 1st experience, I would not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No reason to go to this restaurantsjlmVIPDined on 3/9/2014If I want sushi, there's an excellent Japanese restaurant down the block. If I want Chinese food I'll go to my favorite Chinese restaurant. This is a faux-fancy mish-mash. They took a gorgeous old bank building & turned it into a generic, "mod" restaurant with cafeteria-style chairs and tables. Fried calamari would have been excellent if it were not drowning in an overly sweet sauce. Fried chicken was excellent but $32 for a fried chicken is too expensive. Spareribs were tasteless--generic meat. Servers were young and inexperienced. The bar area is very large so maybe it is more successful there later in the evening.
- Pretty goodSteakLoverVIPDined on 3/8/2014Food was pretty good, but a little undercooked. Service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an Amazing Birthday Dinner!DawnDined on 3/7/2014I've been in love with your restaurants for years and now add Monsoon to the list. A friend took me there to celebrate my birthday and it was an all around wonderful experience. The food was awesome, Ashley-our server- was very attentive, accommodating, and just an awesome person, and I love the vibe! Congrats on another phenomenal dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chinese food?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/1/2014this was an over-rated, overpriced chinese restaurant with a waitstaff that has no class. As a member of the Prime restaurant family, I thought it would be special. The waitstaff did not know how to coordinate the service, food came out at different times, plates were placed and then removed in error. Everything seemed haphazard and confused. The waiter we had was just a little obnoxious with his comments. we would never go back.Special Features:
- Everything great except forfessVIPDined on 2/22/2014Everything great except for the price. It's once a year kinda thing. You are paying mostly for the ambience. Cocktails excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedBabylonDined on 2/15/2014Table was ready and we were there early. Food is really good although I have had much better sushi. My wife and i are always out in NYC eating and these prices for drinks are astronomical. Good drink menu but drinks are very pricey for a neighborhood place in Suffolk. Wonderful service and food was better than expected overall. Fantastic ambiance. Great first date or for that intimate occasion. But loud background Music.Special Features:
- AmbianceLennyAndJetsDined on 2/14/2014That would be the key word for this place. Reserved a table on VALENTINE'S DAY, (Asked for a table upstairs, in the back where it's quiet so we could talk) and my date enjoyed every bit of it. The bar/lounge where you can wait for your reservation was comfortable. While we waited, we kept admiring the style and feeling you get from the design of the place. You'll definitely enjoy the seperation of the lounge on the main floor to the dining area upstairs. When we were seated, the service was strangely quick. Food was quick and fanominal: KOBE COWBOY ROLL is the way to go. The fortune cookies are to die for. MUST READ BOTH SIDES OF FURTUNE. *coat check was free*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find.FatmanDined on 2/14/2014The front of the restaurant had a fun "loungey" feel great for small groups looking for drinks or smaller meals (appetizer/tapas). The back was more of a traditional restaurant. Modern feel but not cold or unwelcoming. The service wasn't 5 star but was absolutely more than adequate. The bar area felt a little "clubby" but wasn't overly loud that it distracted from the meal. Food was a little pricey but not so much so that it wasn't worth it. Definitely a place I would go to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsIlovefoodDined on 2/13/2014Food and drinks were amazing. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I heard about Monsoon AsianMRB2477Dined on 2/10/2014I heard about Monsoon Asian Kitchen and Lounge through a few friends that Live on Long Island, so I decided to give it a shot. The restaurant was very beautiful with the decor but I have to say that I was not happy with the service. My friend and I had planned on just having one glass of wine each and he would not stop pushing a bottle of wine on us. I told him no thank you, we are both driving..and he responded, really..you sure? and continued to push it even when I politely told him no thank you. I found this to be very rude.the bill came to about $150 and instead of splitting the bill, he charged the full amount to my friends card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.