27 43rd Street
Sea Isle City, NJ 08243Neighborhood:
Sea Isle City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.basilicosristorante.com/
- Phone: 6092631010x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week. Serving dinner at 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Scott Oliver
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: We offer a full menu of catering items all prepared to the amount of guests you will be having. Our menu is available to view from our website or you can pick one up in house. If there is an item you are looking for that you don't find please don't hesitate to ask if we can accommodate your request.
A word from Basilicos Ristorante
Basilico’s Ristorante and Pizzeria is owned and operated by Chef, Scott Oliver and Pizza Man, Vinson Powell. We have been a family owned and operated business since 1999. We are dedicated to offering you quality ingredients and authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Basilicos Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Sea Isle City ›
Basilicos Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (27)kid-friendly (26)romantic (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/4/2014Chef Scott never disappoints! The specials are always terrific.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsFoodieDined on 5/3/2014Basilicos, always consistent great food and they are very accommodating. Six of us got together for dinner, all meals and side dishes were very good, especially the spicy shrimp, lamb and beef meatballs and the Veal Basilico. Our server, Jill, was very pleasant and offered helpful suggestions. Basilicos is a BYOB. I suggest reservations. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Winner!dinnerbuffDined on 5/3/2014Being a seasonal visitor to Sea Isle I had to wait all winter to come back to Basilico's. It was worth the wait! Soooo good! Basilico's is my favorite Italian restaurant. My friend and I love the signature oil and salad dressing and haven't had an entree yet that we didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Orders Don't UpsetWoodsDined on 4/18/2014My go-to entree is usually the eggplant parm. But when I feel like pasta I order fettuccine Alfredo with sun dried tomatoes. ( No peas, no mushrooms, and no chicken). The other night there was a scallop special so I asked for scallops to be added to my fettuccini and sun dried tomatoes. Thankfully, Scott does not seem to mind "special orders." It was so good. I hope you continue to have scallops every so often.Special Features:
- Relax and enjoynickDined on 4/18/2014It was excellent. Have been going here awhile and it is always goodSpecial Features:
- Good to be backLittlemoVIPDined on 4/12/2014It felt so good to be back again! The halibut special was absolutely amazing that I had and Rich thoroughly enjoyed his veal saltimbucca! Lucy was our waitress and helped make our night extra special by making us feel she was so happy to see us! Thank you Basilico's once again for a great night and a great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedChristineDined on 3/28/2014Basilicos is the only local restaurant that never fails to wow on every meal. The specials menu is always amazing, and innovative.Special Features:
- Ready for 2014 Shore seasonGregVIPDined on 3/23/2014Basilico's remains our #1 go-to restaurant and recommendation in SIC. Last night's salmon and ravioli specials affirmed that they do the basics consistently and the additions creatively. A treat from start to finish. Like visiting old friends every time you go!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Sea IslerestaurantroverDined on 3/23/2014I am so glad Basilicos opens up early in the season. During the few months it is closed, I count the days until it is once again open. The atmosphere is energetic, but still you can actually have a quiet conversation with your dining partner. The food is always consistently delicious. The Pollo Vincenzo and Ravioli AnnMarie are our staple favorites and are never disappointing. Since it is a BYO, the value is terrific. I could probably eat there every weekend if i didn't feel the need to "branch out" once in a while. I love this place!!!Special Features:
- Basillico's rocks!TagsDined on 3/8/2014We love everything about this restaurant - the staff, the food, the ambience, etc. We highly recommend it to our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey for "just okay" foodFitzDined on 3/1/2014My shrimp scampi was WAY too garlicky. My mother's veal medallion special was tough. My sister enjoyed the crab stuffed flounder over lobster ravioli, though. I was not told it was a byob ahead of time or I would have brought a bottle. Portion sizes were good, if you liked your meal. We went in the winter and any time someone came in or out the the restaurant, a blast of freezing air had us draping our coats on our shoulders. There was an upper level we didn't realize until after we had ordered. Wish they would have thought to seat us there. Won't rush back.
- Winter BonanzaMadotzDined on 2/28/2014This restaurant is always packed in season. So, we wait until it is open in the winter and there is availability. Food is always great and the chef likes to experiment with different things. The service is warm and friendly. It's a great find any time of year, but when they reopen in February it is an awesome treat for a sleepy shore town.Special Features:
- Polar Bear Plunge WeekendEverySatNightVIPDined on 2/15/2014There are some "normal" weekends in Sea Isle and then there is the plunge. It is a long day for participants and businesses. Yet it never phased Basilico's. The food, service and just overall attitude were outstanding. The soup was warming and flavorful, the veal special terrific and the old favorites as consistent as ever. If they can keep smiling and keep you smiling during Polar Bear Weekend, think what they can do during a "normal" weekend.Special Features:
- change is not always goodgeorgeDined on 12/13/2013Used to be a lot nicer place to go before they remodeled a few years ago. the open concept has ruined what was an intemate Italian atmosphere. Also, the cut back of table clothes and other recipechanges such as the bread/oil , degraded this to our not favor place any more. too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian food done simplyWaltnTinaDined on 12/7/2013From the bread with infused warm olive oil, to the family style salad with the fantastic house dressing, to the superb main dishes Basilicos does it right. I was a first timer with a party of seven. A warm hello from everyone we passed on the way in was a nice start. Service is really nicely done, with a main server, and several others. They are on point, but not intrusive. The bang bang shrimp appetizer is a great rendition, dreamy, creamy, slightly fiery sauce. Our main courses ran the gamut, from classic stuffed shells, to tilapia. I had the stuffed shells covered in mozz, and a nice gravy.All prepared expertly, and shared among us.A warm thanks for coming from every staff member we passed on the way out, was a great topper to the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was AWESOME, yet again!HungerPainsDined on 11/30/2013Dinner was AWESOME, yet again! Put that lobster bisque soup/sauce on anything and it's OUTSTANDING! Can't wait til 2014!Special Features:
- Their homemade pasta is theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/30/2013Their homemade pasta is the best I've had anywhere. Consistently excellent.
- Pleasant dinner experience...weeklydiner67Dined on 11/30/2013Went off season for a early dinner and had a pretty good meal, especially given the price, which was very reasonable. I had a simple spaghetti pomodoro meal with no meat for $11.00 while my wife had the tilapia for $22.00. Both dishes were served very hot (temp), which was great because lukewarm food is a pet peeve of my wife My meal was more than expected (the portion size). Not out of this world taste but good. The oil that came with the bread was original, with a strong garlic flavor. Service was good throughout. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always get an excellent meal,MichelleDined on 11/16/2013Always get an excellent meal, service with a smile, byob saves us money and it's at the beach but open for most of off-season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsRustyVIPDined on 11/8/2013Glad on open table. Can't wait to see if honor reservations in season.
- Basilicos RistoranteAndyDined on 11/2/2013I always recommend my friends and others to go to Basilicos for a great meal and great different food specials with every visit.Special Features:
- Always Awesome!mct1227VIPDined on 11/1/2013We make a point to have dinner here when we are in SIC, the owners are so welcoming, they make you feel like family. The food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceMikeDined on 10/26/2013Had dinner for 4 on Saturday nite, menu had many choices, specials were tempting. Went with veal basilicos and it was outstanding. Brought our own bottle of wine which went very well with the meal I would highly recommend and will be back as long as I can get a reservation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ChickenHungerPainsDined on 10/19/2013The chicken special from the weekend was YUMMY! And our server was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodphylsyDined on 10/6/2013I went to dinner with two friends. Everyone enjoyed their food. The waitress was extremely friendly. I would recommend this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOB in SICJBabz1Dined on 10/5/2013Great BYOB in Sea Isle, great food, lots to choose from, courteous staff, will be coming back again for "shore"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NJSheaDined on 10/4/2013Our dinner was fantastic as usual. The food was absolutely delicious, the service was outstanding and the atmosphere was great. Always and enjoyable dinner. This is our favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/29/2013The chef is a rock star! Entrees are always terrific and made with the freshest ingredients. Bread and olive oil are delicious, as is house dressing. We're so glad they stay open for most of the winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly consistentEverySatNightVIPDined on 9/28/2013Another great dinner at Basilico's. From the moment you walk in you feel welcome. They are never over-booked, a real rarity for the shore . The service is friendly and you never feel rushed. The food is as good as any on the island. The value is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Gem in Sea IsleEDocVIPDined on 9/27/2013Basilicos is as consistent as you can get. The food is always top quality and the service is wonderful. This is a BYOB that is well worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome apple crunch dessertCarolfayDined on 9/21/2013Do not leave without trying the apple crunch dessert, it is amazing. Very good meals, great service, we look forward to returning. Hope they stay open on weekends during the winter months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerMikeDined on 9/16/2013We brought 4 of our friends from Stone Harbor and they loved the restaurant. I think they will be coming over to Basilicos on their own in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2013This place never disappoints... the best food in Sea Isle City and the surrounding area. The specials are consistently out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerSpecialOccasionDined on 9/12/2013We had dinner on a Thursday nite, off high season, at a shore resort. The restaurant was full. The service was nonetheless wonderful and the food outstanding. We are so fortunate to have this restaurant in the shore town we love. I highly recommend to anyone who wants to actually enjoy their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!dinnerbuffDined on 9/10/2013Every meal my friend and I have had at Basilico's has been a winner. Dipping oil to die for, their signature Vidalia onion salad dressing, nice menu. I had the veal with lump crabmeat and artichokes in a cream sauce with gargerelli pasta (penne-like spinach pasta) which was wonderful. My friend had the seafood pescatore which was loaded with seafood in a delicious sauce. Their menu offers much more than just spaghetti & ravioli. Moderate noise level allows you to enjoy conversation. Our most recent visit was the fourth in about six weeks.Special Features:
- DeliciousnessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2013Food is excellent! We always look forward to coming to SIC from Philly not only for the beach but to dine in Basilico's. The food could hold up to any city restaurant. A little gem right here in Sea Isle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJeffTerryVIPDined on 9/5/2013This place is Great. Great food, service, prices, and the owners are friendly making sure everything is perfect..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Orders Don't Upset.....WoodsDined on 9/2/2013I ordered eggplant this time but I usually order a pasta dish what is not on the menu. Usually, I get exactly what I order & it is wonderful. Other dining establishments are not as cooperative with the menu substitutions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy pastaPhillyPhoodyDined on 8/31/2013Nice specials as well as the traditional favorites. Friendly vibe, pleasant service, good food, what more can you ask for a family dinner out at the shore?Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2013We have been going to Basilico's since they opened in Sea Isle......always delicious. Scott and Vince never disappoint. They treat us like family. We admire that they consistently incorporate fresh, local ingredients in their specials, as well as the regular menu. The location is terrific....try a promenade walk after dinner. Definitely, our favorite restaurant at any of the Jersey shores.Special Features: