Ted's Montana Grill - NYC
110 West 51st Street Time Life Bldg.
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ted's Montana Grill - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tedsmontanagrill.com/
- Phone: 2122455220x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Raucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ted's Montana Grill - NYC
You are warmly invited to Ted’s Montana Grill for an afternoon or evening of Authentic American Dining. Inspired by the pioneer spirit of the American West, a time when simplicity, pride and respect were the most important ingredients, Ted’s Montana Grill proves that honest food served with genuine hospitality is timeless. Known for its modern interpretation of hand-prepared, 100% fresh classic comfort food, the chef-inspired menu features the finest cuts and best selection of bison in New York City, including high-quality, flavorful steaks and award-winning burgers amongst a variety of other unique menu items such as crab cakes, daily fresh catches and unique desserts. The extensive wine list presents elegant varietals that pair with the bold menu including our exclusively blended private label wine, Bison Ridge. The kind of place that’s familiar and inviting, Ted’s is the real deal for those craving true Authentic American Dining in a casual, upscale setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ted's Montana Grill - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (56)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (21)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (13)romantic (12)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- NYC Elegance!JayMDined on 1/12/2014Other than the salad not being fresh, and the butter on the 14oz steak being salted, the food is very good. That's the only reason I rated it very good and not outstanding. It is kid friendly if they are well mannered. Great for special occasions and groups as they have a secluded family room. Great wine list and last but not least, they serve beef and bison! Definitely worth a try....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick dinner after workjappleby1Dined on 1/7/2014Joined a former co-worker in town on business here on a Tuesday night. We were in the mood for steak but didn't want to spend a lot. He had the Bison Rib-eye and felt that it was slightly over cooked and a bit tough. I decided on the bison burger and enjoyed it. Drinks were good as well as salad and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Deal in NYCNJTaylorsDined on 1/2/2014Good food at reasonable prices for the city. Only tips: Skip the Caesar salad. Order the Apple Pecan Crisp for dessert.Special Features:
- C-c-c-coldjustjamesVIPDined on 1/2/2014I went to Ted's on a very cold day. We were seated in the main part of the dining room, not really near the door but in a path to it. It was very cold outside that day. For reasons I can't explain the door seemed to be open all the time, and the cold air just came rushing in. It was freezing; in fact, it was so cold that by the time the check came, my hands were shaking. Ted's is a good place, but I will never go there on a cold day again.
- Family Excursion to NYCFlynFlamDined on 12/29/2013Our family went to Ted's after a friend's recommendation to celebrate our daughter's 10th birthday. We were looking for something a little more upscale for the special occasion, but something that the kids would enjoy and would also not break the bank during their first trip to NYC. From the grilled shrimp appetizer to the Bison Ribeye, Crabcakes, Ted's Filet & Kids steak, everything was great! We topped it off with Wildberry Cheesecake, Hand-made Shakes & Sorbet. Our reservations were early enough (7:30pm) that the crowds were not bad at all. The service was very good and staff was friendly. The experience was great and the kids really enjoyed their "fancy" dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2013Very friendly atmosphere. Food and drinks were excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Radio City Music Halltpd0418Dined on 12/29/2013My wife and I dined at Ted's before taking in a recent performance at Radio City Music Hall. We shared onion rings and each had an entree salad that we could have shared, they were so large. The menu is not extensive, but I've enjoyed everything I've ever ordered at a Ted's. Our service was the best we had during our recent trip to NYC. Finally, it is literally around the corner from Radio City Music Hall, making it an ideal choice if you are attending a show there - no more than a 2 minute walk. And after having paid $94 for two cheeseburgers the previous evening at a local pub, this bill was significantly easier on the wallet!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday Dinner ExperiencedianeDined on 12/28/2013All was excellent, but I would recommend that you change your billing system. When I received the bill, it looked like the server put the evening special in as separates which would have inflated the price. The server said all people question this. If this is so, it should be changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- holiday get togethermikeDined on 12/27/2013Great location near Rockafeller center for a family get together after Christmas, busy but good overall service and food.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodMmmBisonDined on 12/22/2013Awesome food - the nachos and meatloaf were truly spectacular. All the different burger options were impressive. Came into city to see Radio City Christmas show and Rockefeller Tree, so Ted's was an easy walk from both. Atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ted's great for family dining.RAK22Dined on 12/21/2013Our family met at Ted's in NYC just before Christmas as a group of fourteen and had a great experience. The food was awesome and the service excellent. This is a must for any visit to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid day lunchKnightlifeDined on 12/19/2013Went on a Thursday for lunch while in the city. Made reservations for 11:15 , so glad we did, by the time we left right before noon there were people waiting in line. Open table came through again! Had soup and burgers, service was attentive and quick and food was hot and delicious. Not our first time at Ted's and will not be our last, highly recommend trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServiceDesWilliamsDined on 12/18/2013The place is very inviting and I saw a lot of people at the bar. We had such an amazing waiter and the food was not only yummy (I hadthe steak frites and my boyfriend had the bison) but it wad also big in portion. For dessert he had the brownie and and had a coojie and ice cream -so good!!. The only problem I had was the everytime the door opened I would get a burst of wind hitting me while I ate, which was chilly. Otherwise great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple EleganceNECAHDined on 12/17/2013We were very happy with the simple elegance of the restaurant. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. We cannot wait to visit this establishment again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very warm and cozy restaurant.DayoutDined on 12/14/2013Very warm and cozy restaurant. The service was excellent. The food was very good and reasonably priced for lunch. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the dressing on our Caesar salads, it was tasteless oily dressing not a good Caesar dressing. All and all a wonderful lunch and we would go back again.Special Features:
- Business LunchmlvsigmaVIPDined on 12/10/2013I had a business lunch here and it worked out great. For those of you scared of eating Bison they have plenty of other choices on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radio City Choice for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013The restaurant is one block from the famed Radio City Music Hall,. This was our first experience at the restaurant and found it to be a reasonably priced steakhouse. We were fortunate to get a booth which added an air of romance to our special night. Our waitress was very pleasant and the service was excellent. I had the Bison Strip and my wife had the Filet of Beef. The sides were also good I recommend the baked potato and mushrooms. All I can say is that the restaurant was a pleasant surprise and made our night special. Thanks for a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to standardJerryDined on 12/7/2013Recently went to Teds for the first time. Not what I was expecting. Food was only so- so and pretty expensive. Doubtful I'll be back.
- Too busy for good service.FrankDined on 12/7/2013Order was messed up twice. First we were served the wrong items. Second, we were charged $16 extra for mediocre wine that was supposed to be "featured". Finally, we didn't get one of the deserts we ordered. Had to get the waiter's attention to bring items that were standard on other tables, such as bread, butter, etc. Needed to have server adjust the bill for incorrect charges. Intentional?????
- Enjoyed the bison burgerJimboDined on 12/6/2013Bison is served as a speciality of the house and is worth a shot. Enjoyed my juicy burger immensely. Wife had the short ribs and they were tender and flavorful. Add to your list of NYC restaurants to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juicy bison burgersGusAndSophyDined on 12/6/2013Great food, cocktails and service. The little ones loved the sliders and the big people loved the bison burgers. It's crowded during lunch so get there noon sharp or u will have to wait. Love the ambiance, dark wood panel walls, enormous bison head and tin ceiling tiles set the tone for a relaxing visit. The servers are super friendly and the food came out within 10 minutes after our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaks and nice ambiencepattyDined on 12/5/2013I have ordered a bison steak for the first time and it was superb! the waitress was nice and the ambience quiet and comfortable Only remember, if you are having dinner that the kitchen closes at 10 p.m., make all your orders (also the dessert) before this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2013The food was great. Location was great. We were going to the Radio City Music Hall. Food came out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!SimbaInNYCVIPDined on 11/29/2013We love this restaurant and have been there multiple times. The food is always delicious and the atmosphere relaxed and friendly. We always ask for a booth, amd the staff is kind enough to accommodate even if the restaurant is busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not greatMemawDined on 11/27/2013We went for my birthday after a show. The place was empty, but we were there fairly early. It was like 4:30-5:00 pm. The service was slow and not very friendly at all. I had the chicken and it had no flavor at all!! My daughter had the burger and said it was very good. My husband had the filet and said it was ok. They didn't have much of a dessert menu. It was my birthday and we were hoping for a little piece of chocolate cake to share, but no luck. As we were getting out coats to leave a man came over to ask the hostess if someone was ever going to come to take their order. He said they had been waiting for quite some time and no one had been over to even get a drink order started. Will not go back when in NY.
- Good spot in NYC for lunch.CMBSDined on 11/21/2013Good spot in NYC for lunch. Reasonably priced, good efficient service with enough energy to make it interesting without drowning ones own conversation out.Special Features:
- Relaxing atmosphere - we wereLindaDined on 11/20/2013Relaxing atmosphere - we were not rushed through lunch. There are large booths lining the wall and the tables in the middle of the room are well spaced. The hamburgers were the best I have had anywhere - freshly ground, juicy and cooked exactly the way we ordered them. The service was good, the waiter was friendly and the freshly made Sangria was wonderful! The price was reasonable for New York City. I would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatKelseyBDined on 11/16/2013It seemed strange to me that I made a reservation, yet, still had to wait 15mins for a table. We were told the same wait time as folks without a reservation. What's the point of making a reservation then? I asked for medium temp filet. I don't mind if comes out a little rare but it was still moving on the plate. I normally don't send food back but this was extremely rare. They cooked a bit more but it still came back rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ended up having to go forChrisBDined on 11/14/2013Ended up having to go for appetizers before the show and then dinner after. Food was excellent and the service was superb!!Special Features:
- Food was well prepared andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2013Food was well prepared and presented. Service was good, prompt, and cheerful. We had no trouble making our theater time. Nice menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacerichieDined on 11/12/2013Went here before Christmas Show. Great for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Drinks were not bad. Service was excellent, attentive but not hovering. Veggie burger was delicious. Bison shorts ribs were great, mest fell off bone. Will returm to Teds again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place Great Food Great PeopleAwesomeDined on 11/10/2013This is a gem. We always come here to celebrate our family events. You can not ask for a better place to go. The food is great and the staff is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to the Rockettes?MMNYCVIPDined on 11/10/2013This is a great casual pre Christmas show spot...just 1/2 block away from Radio City. Bison burgers abound...the steak on a salad is a great choice. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Happy DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2013We were a large group on Sunday evening and our waiter, Shane, was super attentive and patient. Everyone left happy and satisfied. We were particularly pleased with the children's menu, which offered a variety of healthy but kid-friendly dishes (not the usual frozen chicken fingers).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good and reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013Food was good and reasonably priced. Our service was very slow, taking over 40 minutes to get our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably priced for NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013My family and I chose this restaurant because of the close proximity to Radio City Music Hall (1 block away). The food and service were very good. I do recommend making reservations because it definitely cut down on the wait time which is so important when you have a 6 yr old with you. Would definitly go back here.Special Features:
- DependableSparkyVIPDined on 11/8/2013Went with a large group from work to celebrate someone retiring. We were seated promptly, our server was attentive, the food was delicious. My only complaint was that it was cold as we were seated near the door.Special Features:
- Excellent, excellent food!LSGBDined on 11/7/2013Excellent, excellent food! Go hungry, and if you are having lunch about 1pm, make reservations. It was super-packed when we got there, and I'm glad I did make them so we could be seated right away. By the time we finished at 3, it was pretty quiet, so if you are into later lunches, you're Ok to just walk in. Don't skip dessert; it's big enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bison reviewLarsDined on 11/6/2013bison beef is a real experience that everyone should test. This is a simple restaurant, no fuzz, just delicious beef and all the focus on this, good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantpploVIPDined on 11/5/2013One of thes best burguers in NY and why not in USA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.