129 Meeting St
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elistable.com/
- Phone: 8434055115x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast is served everyday from 7:00 am - 11:00 am;
Lunch is everyday from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner is served everyday from 5:00 pm - until;
Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday, all day, from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us customize your event, from the menu to the drinks and beverages.
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve Eli's Table for the morning, afternoon or night. We would be happy to accommodate you! Courtyard seating available.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Walsh 8435764116x
- Special Events: Let Eli's Table host your special event. Custom menus available. Birthdays, Graduation, Retirement Party, Bachelorette, Bridal Shower, Baby Shower, Holiday Parties and any of your special events.
A word from Eli's Table
Eli's Table features a new menu offering bold, worldly flavors while using fresh and local ingredients. Named after the owner of Charleston Hospitality Group's son Eli, the restaurant is sentimental for many reasons. Tantalize your taste buds and join us at Eli's Table tonight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eli's Table - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Eli's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (78)special occasion (75)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (50)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (19)good for groups (17)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Our first visit to Eli's Table. Quite impressed that the manager purposefully came to our table and welcomed us by name. Staff was very gracious and accomodating. While our steaks were somewhat average, we will return and would recommend Eli's.Special Features:
- Went for drinksVandraVIPDined on 7/1/2014I was visiting from out of town and first visited Eli's Table on a whim one afternoon for a drink. I was so impressed with the welcoming, efficient service, good prices and well-crafted cocktails, I took two friends back later that night. They, too, were impressed and can't wait to try the food. Our visits were in between meals, so we never got the chance to try the food, but it looked delicious (and I couldn't submit this review without a food rating). Ask for Robby or Logan to serve you - you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!WellTraveledDined on 6/28/2014Our party of 6 thought our different dishes were great! The Fondue is a must for a starter. Robby Jenks, our waiter, was very attentive and friendly. We had free valet parking and the restaurant offered to drop us off downtown so that we could walk around and not have to park our car again. Great Place!Special Features:
- New favorite restaurantSCfoodieDined on 6/28/2014Eli's Table is a pleasant change from the causal, noisy atmosphere of many Charleston restaurants. The tables have white tablecloths, and it is possible to have a conversation without shouting. It is not stuffy, so you can still dress casually. Chris was an attentive waiter and even provided an extra napkin for my husband to dry his face after being caught in the rain. The food was excellent. The spiced salmon melted in my mouth. My husband detests salmon, but he even said it was delicious. Bob had the chipolte chicken. It came off the bone easily, but was still moist. We shared a summer salad and a berry cobbler. The berry cobbler came in a pot with a large scoop of ice cream. It was plenty for two. It also serves breakfast and lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eli's was greatSkinnymanjoeVIPDined on 6/27/2014Had eaten breakfast here, a couple years ago and kept meaning to come back for dinner. Duck, Salmon and Lamb were all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 589 reviews are from the Eli's Table reviews archive.
- Food was good except for the bugsBadgusDined on 6/25/2014Our food was good, but we saw 3 palmetto bugs (flying roaches) running across the restaurant while we were there. Kind of ruined the romantic experience my wife and I were going for.Special Features:
- 2nd times the charmAngieVIPDined on 6/23/2014Wasn't sure what to expect aside from what was mentioned in OT. We were greeted warmly and as dinner went on the service staff became friendlier and more conversational (assumingly bc they were managing a busy dinner service). Our appetizers - Fried Green Tom & Mussels - we're good and entree of Salmon over a sweet potato hash was divine. We ordered Salmon and changed to try the fish special but weren't big fans of the preparation. ET brought us the replacement very quickly. We enjoyed a lovely group of Bostoners who shared a dining room. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceUncleQuillyDined on 6/21/2014The food was fantastic, and the service was impeccable and personable. The house mojito reminded me of the beach in Barcelona. Great job to Chris and the rest of the Eli staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another really good Charleston mealBrianAtTheBeachDined on 6/21/2014We're local and brought three out of town guests to Eli's Table. We ordered drinks, appetizers, and entrees. Everyone was very happy with what they ordered. In fact, there was a lot of food sharing and exclamations of "you gotta try this". Besides the great food, they have free valet parking on weekend evenings (free except the part about needing to tip the valet parking guy), which was really helpful with threatening weather, a handicapper person in tow, and the difficulty in finding parking in downtown. Only one minor little gripe. The online menu was not up to date. Apparently, not to long ago they switched to a summer menu and that wasn't what is on their own website.Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed the fried green tomatoes on a bed of delicious sauce and a wonderful creamy cheese ball to go with! The duck was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Night OutFoodiesDined on 6/18/2014What a fun foodie delight. Living in Charleston you love the opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the cool night breeze. So right off the bat we were in love. Then our server greeted us with warmth and kindness. He was so knowledgeable about what was to be prepared and encouraged us to try the Fried Green Tomatoes. Which I was very grateful for. They were delicious. The balsamic reduction makes the dish sing a brilliant tomato aria. Even our Toast Points were fantastic. Of course the main course was the true star. I had the Crispy Half Duck over warm noodles. The skin was perfectly crisp with bursts of flavor. My husband had the gigantic Pork Chop, which he marveled over and devoured. Overall we had a lovely evening. We will surely return.Special Features:
- HerronGirlherrongirlDined on 6/15/2014Excellent- foodie worthy- ambiance is just wonderful. Simply stated- top drawer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDowntowncharlestonDined on 6/14/2014Had a very nice dinner. Quaint design, upscale but still casual. Best part of downtown. Menu is eclectic and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, but priceyBirdGuy7VIPDined on 6/14/2014The food at Eli's is outstanding and ranks amongst the best meals I've enjoyed in the Charleston area. That being said, it was also one of the more expensive meals with two cocktails, two glasses of wine, two entrees and a dessert bringing the bill close to $150. With entree prices in the upper $20 to low $30s, it was disappointing to pay extra for a side of asparagus. The interior of the restaurant is somewhat plain and the portable A/C unit near the front door seemed odd. The main draw seems to be the courtyard out back which we did not seek to be seated due to the weather. Perhaps when the cooler weather returns in the fall we will try the courtyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynndyDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I enjoyed our 16th wedding anniversary dinner very much. From start to finish, it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great SpotTiger77Dined on 6/13/2014With all the great restaurants in Charleston, this is one of the top spots. If you haven't tried it yet, check it out. Highly recommended. Food, service and ambiance were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service! Large portionsLBFooooodDined on 6/13/2014Good food and service! The dinner portions are actually quite big (particularly the sides) and I wish we would have been told that before we ordered because we had entirely too much food for two people. I think we would have been able to enjoy it more knowing we didn't waste money on more than was necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Charleston Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014Great cocktail selection, amazing food, attentive server....perfect Charleston experience!Special Features:
- romanticCgableDined on 6/9/2014was the best restaurant in Charleston we ate at. Portion was large for the price. the only thing we were disappointed in was the chocolate cake but the waitrer did tell us it was flour less we had not had anything like it before not much flavor and the texture was weird. My husband had the half chicken special it was spicy and amazing. I had the salmon it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodwhatzcookinDined on 6/6/2014We took visitors both weekends of Spoleto to Eli's Table and everyone was pleased with service and food and staff. We have never been disappointed in our several visits to Eli's table. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Good food, reasonable pricesanonymousDined on 6/1/2014The food and drinks were good. Loved the fried green tomatoes. The outdoor dining was a very nice plus. The wait staff was helpful and attentive. We would happily return.Special Features:
- debbygoodfoodDined on 6/1/2014Excellent service our waiter was wonderful and delightful food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenDined on 5/31/2014Delicious food and great service. Cute waitress! The atmosphere was nice. Our kids gave us a gift card from the hospitality group and this restaurant was listed. We had never heard of it before and we are very glad we tried. We will go back!Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014This was our first trip here and it was great. The food was amazing and the service was impeccable. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!!Hmb1Dined on 5/31/2014My first time there, but not my last. Bar is great. Dylan the bartender is wonderful. Appetizers were superb. Salads awesome and entrees perfect. What more can we ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable but not spectacularOceanGirlDined on 5/31/2014I think we locals are probably more selective than most due to the fabulous restaurants in Charleston. We liked Eli's Table, but it did not rank among our favorites. Upon arrival our reserved table was the closest table to the kitchen. We asked to be moved to a quieter area, and were immediately seated in a window table in another room. The hostess was gracious and helpful. Our waiter, Chris, was excellent, one of the best we have had in Charleston this past year. Our selections included the Shrimp & Grits, Pork Chops, Duck and Salmon entrees. The Shrimp & Grits was good standard Charleston fare. The Duck entree was excellent. The Salmon entree was also cooked well. The pork chop was not edible. We will return and try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of ChoicesAHuggVIPDined on 5/31/2014Charleston is filled with restaurant choices and many come and go so there's always something new to try. Well we tried this one last weekend and it was amazing. The menu isn't huge, but it's big enough. The service was great, food was awesome and we just loved the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!VegHeadDined on 5/31/2014Food was fresh, tasty and sizzling hot straight from the kitchen. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Only wishMikenMollyDined on 5/29/2014Everything was great. I don't know if it was a mis-communication or the it was worded on the website, but I asked for outside because I thought the live music was outside. We were disappointed that it was not, though we did enjoy it outsideSpecial Features:
- Not the best visitLacjDined on 5/28/2014I have visited Eli's Table several times, but this visit was not the best. The food was great but the service was lacking. I ordered a side of Mac and Cheese which was not delivered with my entree. I had to ask the waiter about it twice before receiving it as I finished my meal. Reguested coffee at the end of the meal which was full of grounds. It took awhile to get the waiter's attention to replace. After fresh coffee was delivered I asked for additional creamer of which was never delivered. It may have been an off night and I will give them another chance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2014We met friedns from out of town at Eli's Table at 5:30. No crowd, we did see people out on the patio and it looked very nice. Food was really good and the waiter was wonderful. He was tolerant of us being too involved in catching up to look at the menu promptly and when we realized we were running out of time for a curtain call, he sped things up without making us feel rushed. I live locally and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindGDRnATLDined on 5/25/2014I lived in Charleston for 8 years and had never heard of Eli's Table. My partner and I were visiting there during Spoleto and had difficulty securing a reservation. Open Table found Eli's table for us. We were happy with the selection. Was our last night in town and we were just looking for a small, intimate resestaurant with good food. We weren't disappointed.Special Features:
- Eli's TabletheveegDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful experience that everyone should try. Eli's Table patio dining is great. It is quiet, intimate and believe it not—private, even though the are people all around you. The service from the time we sat down was exceptional. The food was great and portions were just right. The entire staff was helpful in their service, where the wait staff, chef and management took an active role in making this a wonderful evening. Our entire party was impressed and we are looking forward to coming back again. Great job everyone. Keep up the good work!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Great dinner and service. Much improved from our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liv2fullestDined on 5/23/2014Amazing food, great staff and very welcoming. It was a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll go elsewhere every timeKathrynVIPDined on 5/23/2014Our food was good. Everything tasted great. But it wasn't exceptional. And when compared to the other restaurants downtown that are charging the same amount for their entrees, I'll go elsewhere every time. The service was good, but not great. The cocktails weren't good and the options for what you had just didn't cut the mustard. My husband ordered the ribeye and although he said it was cooked well, literally half of it was fat. Not marbled fat either. I cut the steak in half and one side was marbled beef and one side was pure fat. I don't call that a ribeye worth $32. I won't be returning. It's not worth the money spent.
- Casual, yet romanticcarocushVIPDined on 5/16/2014I went with my best guy friend and we had a blast. The noise level was perfect. We could have wild conversations without having the feeling that the whole restaurant was watching/listening to us. The fondue was the right price. I can describe it in one word: PHENOMENAL!! I will be going back next week just to try the tempura fried Brie. Mmmmm. Eli's Table is not only great for locals, but I will definitely be recommending it to every guest at the Vendue. Thank you for the wonderful service Jasmine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great foodJISailorDined on 5/13/2014We had dinner with you last Tuesday. Unfortunately the filet was marginal. It was served almost cold. Also tough in sections. Not a good cut of meat. The wedge salad was good but the Caesar salad was not prepared correctly and had no flavor. Just sticking an anchovie on top does not make it a caesar salad.
- teelaDined on 5/13/2014The salmon dinner was very good with great sweet potato hash and spinach. We had wonderful service with the waiter stopping by to pour our wine. The manager stopped to say hello. It was 5pm so not very busy so it was a quiet lovely dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice last minute findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2014My family and I were spending the weekend in Charleston and needed somewhere to go that met my husbands pallet standard (he is kind of a food snob) as well as a place that was kid friendly since we have a 7 and 4 year old. Eli's was perfect. They were abel to seat us quickly. They had a child friendly menu option as well as a sheet the kids could color on to keep them entertained while my husband and I enjoyed the quit ambiance and the wonderful food. The service was fantastic too !! Thanks !!Special Features: