129 Meeting St
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elistable.com/
- Phone: 8434055115x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast is served everyday from 7:00 am - 11:00 am;
Lunch is everyday from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner is served everyday from 5:00 pm - until;
Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday, all day, from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us customize your event, from the menu to the drinks and beverages.
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve Eli's Table for the morning, afternoon or night. We would be happy to accommodate you! Courtyard seating available.
- Entertainment: Eli's Table brings you a fabulous dining experience with live entertainment featuring top local musicians on our Courtyard every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening.
- Special Events: Let Eli's Table host your special event. Custom menus available. Birthdays, Graduation, Retirement Party, Bachelorette, Bridal Shower, Baby Shower, Holiday Parties and any of your special events.
A word from Eli's Table
Eli's Table features a new menu offering bold, worldly flavors while using fresh and local ingredients. Named after the owner of Charleston Hospitality Group's son Eli, the restaurant is sentimental for many reasons. Tantalize your taste buds and join us at Eli's Table tonight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eli's Table - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Eli's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (74)fit for foodies (71)special occasion (70)neighborhood gem (66)great for outdoor dining (40)notable wine list (25)good for groups (21)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (17)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Okay...MMC001VIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was okay, nothing wonderful. My steak and coffee rub was burned. Meat quality is plainly -"meh". For the prices, I wouldn't recommend.
- Perfect1BernbearDined on 8/8/2014Terrific menu and outstanding staff. I am from NC and have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner there. All three were great and the staff is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good first time dining hereBubbaDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time at Eli's Table and overall it was good. Two suggestions: it has warm inside the restaurant (turn the AC down some) and the lack of traditional beers was disappointing (not big fans of local beers only).
- Twice as niceSSteacherandtravelerDined on 8/5/2014We ate at Eli's Table twice during our visit to Charleston. The breakfast menu got us to visit our first morning in Charleston. The Praline French Toast was incredible! We return for dinner our last night in Charleston. The watermelon soup sounded great, but it was a bit spicy for my taste. The fresh fish of the day was flaky and flavorful. Our chocolate cake dessert was the perfect finish to the meal. We sat outside for both trips to Eli's. It rained at the end of our dinner. The staff moved us inside when the rain became to much for the covered patio. The manger offered to walk us the short distance to our hotel using the restaurants umbrella. The laughter that we shared while splashing back to our hotel was the perfected to the evening.Special Features:
- Thank you EliHowitwasDined on 8/4/2014A relaxed dowtown experience. Friendly personable service accompanied by 5 star food and bev. So rarely does a restraint give you everything you pay for without the extra attitude. Relaxed and high brow? Takes skill confidence good people and good food. I wish the combo wasn't so rare. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/4/2014My husband and I both thought the service was lacking to say the least. There were only 7 tables filled the night we were there and we had to wait for our drinks, bread and just a total lack of service. The food tasted good, but it was not worth the prices they charge. I would not recommend.
- SO SOJeff84Dined on 8/4/2014There are tons of other places to eat better food and receive better service for the price. Not horrible, but again not anything to brag about.Special Features:
- Great find in charlestonoutandaboutDined on 8/2/2014Excellent quality and gracious service. Somehow they manage to be an elegant evening spot and a casual breakfast place! Try the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eli's TableKCHSDined on 8/1/2014The staff was super professional! The fried brie appetizer and shrimp and grits entrée were delicious. It was surprisingly inexpensive considering the high quality of food and wonderful staff. We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going the Extra MileLocalGalVIPDined on 8/1/2014I ordered a Filet Mignon cooked "medium" and discovered the chef had cooked it "well." Another steak was ordered and that was cooked "raw" in the center. The owner of the restaurant apologized profusely (along with the superb waiter-Robby). Third time was a charm.......and very delicious! We were not charged for my meal and received a $25 gift card to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- @SCESGRDDoverDined on 7/31/2014A wonderful time mixed with excellent service and delicious food was had by all as the Executive Committee of the SC Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve visited Eli's Table on July 31, 2104. Feedback from the group members included: - A very pleasant experience from arrival to departure. - The dinner was delicious and the service provided was first class. - We were among true industry professionals at Eli's Table. - I found my favorite restaurant in the Charleston area. Thanks again to all the staff of Eli's Table for the pleasant experience and we look forward to future visits when in the Charleston area. David Dover SC ESGR Area 5 ChairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceMsPettDined on 7/26/2014Although our food was good, not great, the attentive staff made our meal at Eli's table a really nice experience.Special Features:
- What a Surprise!SuJayVIPDined on 7/20/2014Delicious flavors, good service and lovely décor. Despite the mixed reviews, thankfully, our meal was among the best we had in Charleston.Special Features:
- what a great customer service !SamRumiDined on 7/19/2014Our trip to Charleston in mid July we had both brunch and dinner at Eli's Table in one day because we loved the food and also their service. With two toddlers, it was hard to go to many restaurants but Eli's table made us feel welcome and made the environment kid friendly as well. What we like most about their menu and the taste of the food is that its not typical franchise style, its more gourmet kind. Special thanks to manager Damon Boyd for taking great care of us during our dinner. We will definitely eat their again and recommend Eli's Table to our friends and family. Thank you for a great service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great.ErinTDined on 7/17/2014To start with the good- the building upgrades are nice, location is perfect and there's outdoor seating. Now it goes downhill. For starters, the menu has all but disappeared- literally one of the most limited menus I've seen- and with many of their 'good' items gone. They used to have a lunch salad that was among the best in Chas that they never minded doing for dinner if you asked, so I did. Not only did the waiter inform me that 'absolutely nothing' not on the dinner menu would be prepared, but they only had 2 guys on the line and in fact, the whole salad was no longer offered. Ever. (Martha Washington). They were out of menus, out of app plates, out of beer glasses...Service was SLOW and waiter didn't know ANY product. Won't return.Special Features:
- Great Find!3fordinnerDined on 7/17/2014The food as well as the service was excellent. Highly recommend both the seafood and steaks.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Loved the baked caprese, and the seared halibut was perfectly prepared. Nice dining experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Vacation with TeenscjplumDined on 7/13/2014We had a great dinner at Eli's Table. The food was fresh and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!DenaliDined on 7/12/2014Saw Eli's Table as we walked around Charleston and took a chance. He had the duck and I had the salmon. Both dishes were delicious. I thought that the salmon was a bit salty for my taste. Smoked Gouda Macaroni and Cheese was out of this world. Wine list was small but decent. The service was excellent - professional and friendly. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dine2Dined on 7/12/2014Returned we loved the previous chef,sorry she is no longer there, the food was good ,but nothing had a wow factor like before so disappointing Not everyone wants an ale sometimes u want domesticSpecial Features:
- Delicious, well-prepared food.TellsitasIseeitDined on 7/10/2014Eli's Table serves delicious appetizers, main courses and desserts with imagination. The ahi tuna appetizer was outstanding as was the risotto served with the excellently prepared roasted duck (crispy on the outside and moist on the in-side). The mixed berry cobbler, which was shared by the three of us, topped off a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperinienceSkipjoanDined on 7/9/2014Our waiter Chris is the best waiter we have had in a long time!!! The food was delicious - Fried Green Tomatoes, Shrimp and Grits, Wahoo - superbly prepared.Special Features:
- perfect in every way.FussbudgetVIPDined on 7/7/2014Loved everything about the place. Charming and friendly. Upscale with kind attitude. wonderf wine pairing advice and so unhurried. .truly memorable. Great view of the street and all the color of Charleston. We went back for beignets and latte the next morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a TreatAndyDined on 7/5/2014After reading mixed reviews I decided on Eli's for date night. Pleasantly surprised we were seated upon arrival and greeted promptly. The appetizers were great as we have the pancakes AND fried Brie. Both out of this world. Great wine list and awesome food make this a place we will surely return too. Low noise level as we could carry on a private conversation and actually enjoy the background music. If your looking for local flare and a quite dinner south of market this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- qotuDined on 7/5/2014The service was excellent. Chris was helpful and attentive. The food was very good. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!BuzzydogDined on 7/3/2014Great food and great service. Try the sweet potato pancake and shrimp appetizer - it's fabulous. Crispy duck entree was also wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Our first visit to Eli's Table. Quite impressed that the manager purposefully came to our table and welcomed us by name. Staff was very gracious and accomodating. While our steaks were somewhat average, we will return and would recommend Eli's.Special Features:
- Went for drinksVandraVIPDined on 7/1/2014I was visiting from out of town and first visited Eli's Table on a whim one afternoon for a drink. I was so impressed with the welcoming, efficient service, good prices and well-crafted cocktails, I took two friends back later that night. They, too, were impressed and can't wait to try the food. Our visits were in between meals, so we never got the chance to try the food, but it looked delicious (and I couldn't submit this review without a food rating). Ask for Robby or Logan to serve you - you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!WellTraveledDined on 6/28/2014Our party of 6 thought our different dishes were great! The Fondue is a must for a starter. Robby Jenks, our waiter, was very attentive and friendly. We had free valet parking and the restaurant offered to drop us off downtown so that we could walk around and not have to park our car again. Great Place!Special Features:
- New favorite restaurantSCfoodieDined on 6/28/2014Eli's Table is a pleasant change from the causal, noisy atmosphere of many Charleston restaurants. The tables have white tablecloths, and it is possible to have a conversation without shouting. It is not stuffy, so you can still dress casually. Chris was an attentive waiter and even provided an extra napkin for my husband to dry his face after being caught in the rain. The food was excellent. The spiced salmon melted in my mouth. My husband detests salmon, but he even said it was delicious. Bob had the chipolte chicken. It came off the bone easily, but was still moist. We shared a summer salad and a berry cobbler. The berry cobbler came in a pot with a large scoop of ice cream. It was plenty for two. It also serves breakfast and lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eli's was greatSkinnymanjoeDined on 6/27/2014Had eaten breakfast here, a couple years ago and kept meaning to come back for dinner. Duck, Salmon and Lamb were all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good except for the bugsBadgusDined on 6/25/2014Our food was good, but we saw 3 palmetto bugs (flying roaches) running across the restaurant while we were there. Kind of ruined the romantic experience my wife and I were going for.Special Features:
- 2nd times the charmAngieVIPDined on 6/23/2014Wasn't sure what to expect aside from what was mentioned in OT. We were greeted warmly and as dinner went on the service staff became friendlier and more conversational (assumingly bc they were managing a busy dinner service). Our appetizers - Fried Green Tom & Mussels - we're good and entree of Salmon over a sweet potato hash was divine. We ordered Salmon and changed to try the fish special but weren't big fans of the preparation. ET brought us the replacement very quickly. We enjoyed a lovely group of Bostoners who shared a dining room. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceUncleQuillyDined on 6/21/2014The food was fantastic, and the service was impeccable and personable. The house mojito reminded me of the beach in Barcelona. Great job to Chris and the rest of the Eli staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another really good Charleston mealBrianAtTheBeachDined on 6/21/2014We're local and brought three out of town guests to Eli's Table. We ordered drinks, appetizers, and entrees. Everyone was very happy with what they ordered. In fact, there was a lot of food sharing and exclamations of "you gotta try this". Besides the great food, they have free valet parking on weekend evenings (free except the part about needing to tip the valet parking guy), which was really helpful with threatening weather, a handicapper person in tow, and the difficulty in finding parking in downtown. Only one minor little gripe. The online menu was not up to date. Apparently, not to long ago they switched to a summer menu and that wasn't what is on their own website.Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed the fried green tomatoes on a bed of delicious sauce and a wonderful creamy cheese ball to go with! The duck was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Night OutFoodiesDined on 6/18/2014What a fun foodie delight. Living in Charleston you love the opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the cool night breeze. So right off the bat we were in love. Then our server greeted us with warmth and kindness. He was so knowledgeable about what was to be prepared and encouraged us to try the Fried Green Tomatoes. Which I was very grateful for. They were delicious. The balsamic reduction makes the dish sing a brilliant tomato aria. Even our Toast Points were fantastic. Of course the main course was the true star. I had the Crispy Half Duck over warm noodles. The skin was perfectly crisp with bursts of flavor. My husband had the gigantic Pork Chop, which he marveled over and devoured. Overall we had a lovely evening. We will surely return.Special Features:
- HerronGirlherrongirlDined on 6/15/2014Excellent- foodie worthy- ambiance is just wonderful. Simply stated- top drawer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDowntowncharlestonDined on 6/14/2014Had a very nice dinner. Quaint design, upscale but still casual. Best part of downtown. Menu is eclectic and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, but priceyBirdGuy7VIPDined on 6/14/2014The food at Eli's is outstanding and ranks amongst the best meals I've enjoyed in the Charleston area. That being said, it was also one of the more expensive meals with two cocktails, two glasses of wine, two entrees and a dessert bringing the bill close to $150. With entree prices in the upper $20 to low $30s, it was disappointing to pay extra for a side of asparagus. The interior of the restaurant is somewhat plain and the portable A/C unit near the front door seemed odd. The main draw seems to be the courtyard out back which we did not seek to be seated due to the weather. Perhaps when the cooler weather returns in the fall we will try the courtyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.