15 Point Road
15 Point Road
Portsmouth, RI 02871Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
15 Point Road
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.15pointroad.com/
- Phone: 4016833138
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Maitland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining space. please contact for information and menus.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Smith 4016833138x
A word from 15 Point Road
15 Point Road, A special treat in Portsmouth Rhode Island along the Sakonnet River. Busy, but not crowded, with an enchanting moonlit river view. A traditional menu pleases most everyone and house specialties are an ever-changing eclectic delight of innovative and contemporary dishes. When one walks up to the doorway, the bed of fresh growing herbs just off the deck will give you hints of the treats that await. Once inside you will be entranced by the view of the Sakonnet River which leads out to the ocean beyond through the panorama of windows. Across the river you will occasionally notice the local fishing boats as they make their way to the Tiverton fish market. If you"re lucky enough, you might even catch one of the local lobstermen heading out to tend his lobster traps in Mount Hope Bay!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
15 Point Road - Best Restaurants in Middletown/Portsmouth ›
15 Point Road reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (108)neighborhood gem (72)great for outdoor dining (71)special occasion (49)fit for foodies (38)romantic (37)good for groups (18)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- Beautiful view even at nightHollyDined on 3/28/2014We were lucky enough to get a window seat, sunset would have been great but that didn't happen. Quiet spot with a varied menu, certainly had plenty to chose from . I had the Chilean sea bass, phenomenal, my dinner date had the prime rib, not much flavor but that isn't uncommon for prime rib, I tried it but I'm not crazy for meat that I have to really chew so I always opt for seafood. Very fresh and the presentation was really nice, I enjoyed it immensely and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A absolutely pleasant surprise....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2014We took friends out for dinner. After a longer than normal drive we arrived and were whisked right to our table. The staff was attentive and keyed in on our elderly guesses having hearing issues. They were extremely patient and took extra care in helping them thru the menu. Answer questions with interest. The food was delicious, well prepared and served with great attention to detail. The Beignets and Key Lime pie were an outstanding end to a enjoyable evening. We are going to definitely repeat. Hopefully we will return when we can enjoy the outside seating and fantastic water view... Great Jog 15 Point Road...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightLouLouDined on 3/15/201415 Point Rd is my husband's and my favorite date night restaurant. It's cozy, charming, romantic and the food is delicious! My husband finds something wrong with every restaurant we go to and is very picky when it comes to food. He only has praise for 15 Point. We love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant Surprise!happydinerDined on 3/11/2014I chose the restaurant because someone said that it was a pleasant neighborhood place. Every neighborhood should have this restaurant as a choice --- the food was fantastic, presentation was lovely , we were treated with a beautiful sunset water view and the servers were wonderful. We will visit this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerfrequentdinerDined on 3/9/2014We thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. We ordered from the Prix Fixe menu, steak dinner and salmon dinner. Both were wonderful. The merlot that came with dinner was excellent, though I'm not a wine connoisseur by any means. Can't say enough about this restaurant's food or ambiance, just that we hope to return very soon.Special Features:
- On PointTenaftertenVIPDined on 2/28/2014Third time to this establishment and I haven't even come close to trying everything. So often a restaurant menu is bland. No so here. Great selection and they pull off everything just right. Is becoming a regular venue for us. Haven't even been there yet where the water view comes into play. Please winter, be over KeithSpecial Features:
- We arrived to a very strong,OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/27/2014We arrived to a very strong, cold wind blowing over the Sakonnet River. It was very warrm, welcoming and cozy inside. We opted for ordering from the menu since we could get a 20% discount. My husband and I both got "The King and Prince", a lobster, veal and pasta dish. It was outstanding! Our waitress was excellent. We look forward to our next visit. A real gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has it's actgreygoose2VIPDined on 2/23/2014This restaurant has it's act together....It's a fun, lively place to dine on a delicious meal. There were six in our party and we all enjoyed something different from the menu. The food is fresh and presented well on the plates. A nice selection of 'hot' rolls was brought to our table with a choice of butter or infused oil. Having only come in the evening I have not seen the view, but I do realize that the restaurant is situated above a harbor overlooking boats. The interior of the restaurant is simple yet very pleasant with comfortable booths or tables. For our party, we were in a booth that comfortably sat six and gave us the privacy we wanted for this dinner. The staff was attentive and served us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always an excellent experiencedeeregalLA115Dined on 2/22/2014The staff is always upbeat and welcoming as the owners are always present and buzzing around the restaurant mingling with guests and making sure the operation is run smoothly. The food is always delicious and the presentation impressive. A great place for a romantic dinner or a family gathering. There is a function room above the restaurant which is always a great place to have a private party. Make the trip out to 15 Point Rd. it is definitely worth your while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly DissapointingWeekendDinerDined on 2/22/2014Arrived 5 mins late for a 7:00 reservation and still had to wait 20 mins for our table. Ordered Steak Diana and Pan Seared Scallops. Inquired if scallops were bay or sea and told sea Food arrived in a timely manner. The scallops were the smallest "sea" scallops possible and the entrée consisted of just 6 scallops. 2.5 to 3 oz of scallops, at best. At $24, hardly worth the price. The Steak Diana was acceptable, although the serving size was also on the small side. Service was "Ok", but there was no "two bite check" by our server. A drink order, taken by a buser was never delivered and our waitress was unaware that we had ordered it. Overall, nice location, great waterfront view, food and service could be better.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/20/2014Wonderful dinner, great service and very cozy atmosphere! Lovely place... We hadn't been there since last spring - have to come more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Water View, Great Servicejmc916Dined on 2/14/2014Excellent service, friendly staff, a full range of delicious menu options to please almost anyone (seafood, pasta, steak, veal, surf and turf, vegetarian options and more!), creative drink menu, great appetizers and desserts- highly recommend! Restaurant is located right on the water too = amazing views from anywhere in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Surprise!SupermansgirlDined on 2/14/2014What a great place! Ordered from Valentine's Special Menu and we were not disappointed. Everything was delicious- perfectly spaced and cooked to perfection. We both had steak/shrimp entree - Farm and Sea-I believe. Large portion. Too full for dessert. Didn't drink as we had to drive to hotel. Servers were friendly and attentive. Nicely decorated. Restaurant was full yet not crowded, tables nicely spaced. It was dark but you could see the beautiful view on the water. Cannot wait to return in the warmer months. We stopped in to the Nwpt Winter Fest next day and were pleasantly surprised to see the owners had a booth set up at the Chili Cookoff. Chili was delicious! It was no surprise to us that 15 Point Street was named first place winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall wellPengi963Dined on 2/14/2014Went on valentines day they ran out of alot thigs but food was good and made in house so I understand why they ran out.Special Features:
- Great place!DonDVIPDined on 2/14/2014The menu offers a wonderful variety and the food is always, consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST!MATTBDined on 2/2/201415 Point Road is excellent. Food, location, staff, ambience, etc. Highly recommended. Perfect summer spot for outside dining overlooking the Sakonnet River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who would think CaribbeanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Who would think Caribbean Salmon would be so delicious? Glazed with a tomato chutney I was totally caught by surprise! I didn't even think they had salmon in the Southern Seas! All joking aside it was a special and I like to try new and exciting dishes...highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodmnoormo1VIPDined on 1/25/2014Our party of 4 was unanimous on the prime rib special and fish and chips. For dessert, the special lemoncello cake with lemon marscapone icing and white chocolate was absolutely superb. The cake was very moist. As always, the choclate lava cake and the beignets were a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014We have eaten here before. Staff is amazing, menu is huge, each meal is very good. Love the specials. You can talk here as opposed to loud bar/restaurants. Good wine list. Don't come here, so we can keep it to ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They adjusted my dish to personalGGGGDined on 1/16/2014They adjusted my dish to personal taste. My friends enjoyed the 19.99 special dishes on Thursday nights. Very nice dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All 5 of us were thrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2014All 5 of us were thrilled with our dinners and the service!Special Features:
- ConsistentAYCEKidsDined on 1/14/2014There were four of us dining together and we were all very happy with our entrees. It was a quiet Tuesday evening in the winter so we did not expect a full house but there were still a modest number of diners. We all ate off the Prix Fix menus and were pleasantly delighted at how wonderful everything was. Actually, we all love 15 Point Road, the food is always delicious, one word, consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menuTenaftertenVIPDined on 12/13/2013Very interesting beef Wellington presented as "deconstructed" very good. Will return for the deconstructed shepherds pie featuring lamb chops. Very nice place.Special Features:
- Had a lovely early meal beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2013Had a lovely early meal before driving into Providence for the theater. Good French onion soup and stuffies for starters. Parapardelle with spinach and shrimp with tomatoes in a garlic and wine broth was perfectly cooked and seasoned. Pesto salmon was also yummy. Both were specials. Good, reasonably priced wine by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meals and service, asJSouzaDined on 11/23/2013The meals and service, as always, were perfect. The steak Diane was medium rare as ordered, one of my husband's favorite selections at 15 Point Road. He enjoyed a different red wine that was suggested by our waitress. Other selections were Veal Madeira, that 3 tender pieces of veal with a tasty sauce, the King and Prince pasta dish contained good size pieces of lobster meat. We were there to celebrate our anniversary and had a beautiful window seat view of the Sakonnet River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Value, Pleasant SettingNoneVIPDined on 11/16/2013Food was tasty and plentiful; service prompt and pleasant. All's well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great service.DeborahDined on 11/12/2013We met some friends for dinner on a Tuesday night. We ended up eating at the bar because it was so comfortable and the bartender, Val, was delightful. We ordered from the special Prix-Fixe menu and were very impressed with the value. I had the 1/2 stuffed lobster and it was delicious. Even the veggies were cooked perfectly; al dente. My husband had the steak and said it was tender, flavorful and cooked perfectly. Our friends really enjoyed their steak and salmon dishes too. We will be back very soon to try more items from their very nice menu. Hats off to the chef, the staff and to the bartender for providing us with a memorable and yummy experience.Special Features:
- Will returnbevrDined on 11/10/2013We had dinner on Sunday night. Everything was wonderful - salad, entrée, sides and wine. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spot in PortsmouthSteveDined on 11/9/2013A few of us met for dinner as we had not seen each other for years. We had a table by the window overlooking the water. We ate well, drank well and as we had so much to talk about were not hurried. Looking forward to a visit on the deck in the summertime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for restaurant weekAMcoupleVIPDined on 11/9/2013We went for restaurant week and it had a great selection. We split our appetizers and for entrees had the duck (very good) and a king cut prime rib (pretty standard). Very nice place - 1st time there - tough parking would be really nice in the summer to be on the deck overlooking the water.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYbeachbum71Dined on 11/9/2013Presentation of food was very nice and all very tasty / the pumpkin martinis were excellent / dessert was outstanding/ we had terrific service and did not wait long between courses/ would definitely return soon / needs more parking spaces/went with another couple and will definitely return with a larger partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMelloDined on 11/5/2013Great Food, wonderful service & nice atmosphere! We will certainly be back. Prime rib & scallops rissoto were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant with a viewHutchDined on 11/2/2013This is a great venue if you want to eat on the water, which can be difficult to do. Great views! My husband and daughter enjoyed their meals of scallops and shrimp. Unfortunately, my meal of beef tenderloin was really bad. It was extremely fatty for a tenderloin.Special Features:
- Hidden gem in PortsmouthOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013After long highways and windy small roads, hubby and I reached this hidden gem. Very quaint, nautical, and intimate, it is nestled by the water in the middle of a neighborhood. There was barely any wait with a reservation. Due to restaurant week, waitstaff seemed overwhelmed and overworked (thus attentiveness was lower than norm). Drinks good, apps good, and main course good, there is really no room for complaint. Only thing is parking is dreadful when busy. P.S. Get those beignets!Special Features:
- Newport Restuarant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2013I have taken advantage of various restaurant weeks over the years, but I have never had a better restaurant week experience than I had at 15 Point Road. As part of the Newport Restaurant Week my wife and I enjoyed the most extensive, full portioned three course meal for 30 dollars I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot say enough about howOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013Cannot say enough about how great this place is. The food is fabulous, excellent wine list, love the Red X , and the staff is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice menuarthurDined on 10/27/2013Ate there with 3 of our adult children. I enjoy their menu as they have many unusual items not found in typical eateries. On some days they have a prix price menu with is a real bargain. It includes a glass of wine with entrée and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food and servicetrynewplacesDined on 10/8/2013We had a very pleasant experience at 15 Point Rd. We will definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm atmosphere and deliciousKatieDined on 9/25/2013Warm atmosphere and delicious food. Varied selection of appetizers and entrees--something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers (Littlenecks &PCTPDined on 9/20/2013Appetizers (Littlenecks & Lobster Mac & Cheese) were excellent. My prime rib was cooked perfectly but the stuffing of my wife's baked stuffed shrimp was not good at all. It was mushy & watery with no flavor at all. We ordered creme brûlée for desert but we're told they were out. Overall I thought it was good, just flavor up that stuffing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.