754 NE 25th Avenue
Ocala, FL 34470Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 3526209255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Loring Felix
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering to meet your specific needs!
- Entertainment: Follow us on facebook for any upcoming events and entertainment!
A word from Braised Onion
Welcome to Braised Onion where we serve "comfort food with attitude!" Chef Felix has created a menu of gourmet southern foods with his special twist. Our wonderful desserts are homemade and will tickle your taste buds! We also offer a full-service liquor, wine and beer bar with happy hour from 4:00-6:00 daily. Try out our martini specials! Whether it's a big event or quaint party, you will enjoy our fantastic food, fun and colorful, festive atmosphere!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Braised Onion - Best Restaurants in Ocala ›
Braised Onion reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)special occasion (20)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (16)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Satisfied CustomerastutedinerDined on 9/19/2013Our cocktails were excellent and large. Food was cooked to perfection and our waiter was very attentive. We dine here before every Ocala civic theatre production,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great service.TravelingfoodieDined on 9/10/2013Excellent food and great service. Will be going back the next time I'm in Ocala.
- Excellent foodsusanDined on 9/7/2013ordered several different appetizers and entrees for our group. each and every dish was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomepickyeaterDined on 8/27/2013Great service...amazing food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceLovetoeatDined on 8/17/2013Food is always good, comes out hot and very tasty. Service is great and bartender makes a great drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time at ThepeachyDined on 8/14/2013It was our first time at The Braised Onion. We cannot wait to go again. The staff made it a perfect evening, and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is consistent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2013This restaurant is consistent. It has outstanding food at moderate prices. Ambiance is more like a New York restaurant than typical to central Florida. It is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberChocoholicDined on 8/3/2013From start to finish this was a great experience. The food is fantastic! I will be recommending this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braised OnionsarahnauatDined on 7/21/2013Was delicious the second time around. My first visit was lacking in taste, but we gave it another shot and was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv B. OnionJoyatBODined on 6/15/2013Our neighbors joined us for a short drive from The Villages to our favorite place to eat in Ocala. The trip was in heavy rain, but the trip to the Braised Onion was and always is well worth it. All four of us had different meals and each was excellent. The service, ambiance and value are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Ocala!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2013My parents and I had the best dining experience here on Saturday evening! Jeremy is the best server for real! The drinks and food were outstanding. Parents had martinis up with twists and I had their Summer Special Mango Tango Cosmo which I highly recommend. They loved the prime rib and said it was the best!! I loved the lemon chicken too! My mom really enjoyed the mac & cheese too. Brownie dessert was delish! I thought the hostess (unsure of her title/name) was really cool too. Thanks to the whole staff including Chef Felix for a fabulous Father's Day celebration.Special Features:
- OUr New Favorite RestaurantvillagerDined on 6/11/2013This was the second time we dined at The Braised Onion. The first visit was so good that we again took another couple with us, We were not disappointed. The menu is billed as "comfort food with an attitude", and it describes it well. Comfort foods included meat loaf and chicken pot pie (with real pie crust!) and both were excellent. Other entrees ordered were pecan crusted salmon ("best ever"), Norwegian salmon, pasta with seafood, pork shank, and chicken marsala ("wonderful"). Everything was perfectly seasoned. Side dishes and salads were attractive and fresh. The crowning glory is their bread pudding - a base of crème brulee with caramel-glazed topping - be sure to order this, even if to share!Special Features:
- AtmosphericJewelsDined on 5/31/2013My 2nd visit with friends and it's our new hot spot for dining and celebrating birthdays etc. The DJ carries the evening making everyone want to dance or sing or certainly listen to the genre appropriate music. Jason was our waiter and what great service he provided- smiling, knowledgeable, attentive and genuine! We love your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013We all had a delicious meal. The service was excellent. The noise level was a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!fortitudesDined on 5/24/2013They have the best crab cakes I have ever tasted.. You have to try it. And for dessert their creme brulee tasted so light and just melts in your mouth. Our waiter Tony is very friendy. I would definitely come back and recommend this place to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food best in the areaLuvfoodDined on 5/15/2013Great food best in the area for the price. The noise level is high. The waiter was not the best this visit but his co- workers tried to pick up his slack .Love the sangria. We bring all of our out of town guest there for dinner. We have been to the Braised Onion serveral times and recommend it to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in areaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/14/2013The BRaised Onion is a great restaurant which always serves outststanding meals at terrific prices. I would recommend this restaurat to anyone who is into fine cuisine in an excellent environment and outstanding service. Terrific choice for a great night out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about this restaurantAmchanDined on 5/10/2013Everything about this restaurant us notable, especially since it's located in Ocala, Fl. From the time you walk in to the time you walk out is a god experience. The staff is friendly and very astute to your needs. The decor is wonderful--definitely doesn't feel casual even though the attire is. The only thing negative is that the acoustics in the place cause it to get pretty loud when there are a lot of people there. Other than that everything is great. Reasonable prices, tasty food, and excellent service. Oh, and the pastry chef is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip!villagerDined on 5/1/2013Went as party of four. Restaurant much more upscale than expected - great décor, live music, friendly service. Menu had wide selection, from comfort foods like chicken pot pie with real pie crust (yum) to pork shanks and pecan crusted salmon, and great sides. Onion loaf appetizer was excellent. All were attractively served. Prices were reasonable. Only tried one dessert, tiramisu, and it was delicious. Wil return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The food was terrific and I am very glad that I made reservations. The noise level wasn't great for conversation, but the noise was from people having a good time while enjoying their meal. Our server was very friendly, but almost too quick. We hadn't finished our appetizers before she appeared with our entrees making us feel a little rushed to eat and leave. This didn't feel like she was trying to be mean; only a little too focused on fast service rather than quality service. Overall, the food was great and we will be back.
- Food Area too small for crowd.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Food Area too small for crowd. Could use more space to navigate each station.
- Excellent holiday buffetsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Excellent holiday buffets and wonderful employees.Special Features:
- Wine list doesn't list vintagesFredofPlanoVIPDined on 3/30/2013Wine list doesn't list vintages but the Claret I odered was served in a decent glass.Special Features:
- Service and food was prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Service and food was pretty good. The oonly real negative was the noise level --- they should do something about the acoustics.Special Features:
- My wife and I with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013My wife and I with friends and now family have been to the restaurant several times and have always found it to be excellent. The menu is great as well as the food. The service has been outstanding and we consider it to be our favorite restaurant in the area. They do a great job in providing a pleasant and enjoyable dining experience at the right price. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Everything was perfectouttolunchVIPDined on 3/3/2013Off the beaten track a bit- this place was wonderful. The range of choices is welcome as there is something for everyone. Every detail has a real chef's attention written all over it. Our server was excellent; so kind and solicitous to my elderly Dad. The value is amazing- great food at fair prices. Eclectic and fun decor. Can't wait to go back.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013I have not found a single item on the menu I did not enjoy.Special Features:
- The salmon dish was a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013The salmon dish was a bit skimpy on the fish. Very small piece, although it was very good. One in our party of six ordered filet mignon medium and received it rare. Other dishes were just as ordered and expected. A definite quality restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding in all respects.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Outstanding in all respects. If I am want to criticize, I would like a cocktail napkin to absdorb the condensation from the glasses. The entertainer was GREAT. My liver and onions were the best I've ever had in a restaurant the other 3 diners in my party were very pleased with theirs as well.Special Features:
- Not Up to Its Usual StandardsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/20/2013I have been in this restaurant on several occasions and always enjoyed my meal. This night was a bit different, although I must say that my meal, a petite salad was excellent and certainly worth the money. However, I was with a party of six this time. Two people in the party found the food to be too salty (a meatloaf and a lemon chicken). I had ordered sweet potato fries to go with my salad; these came only after reminding the waiter.Special Features:
- Service could have been better,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Service could have been better, we went almost the whole meal without even getting a drink refill. No excuse for it really it wasn't busy at all. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Food wasShowjumperDined on 2/14/2013Made a reservation for valentines day. Showed up a few minutes prior to booked time, only to be told it would still be a 30-40 minute wait. Why did I make a reservation?! There were 15-20 other people sitting waiting for tables. When the hostess took our name she put us at the bottom of the waiting list. I asked if all the people ahead also made reservations...she said yes. She either lied to me or they overbooked their restaurant by 10 tables on valentines day. She promised to "make our inconvenience right", but there was no acknowledgement after that. It's a good thing the food was quite good, otherwise it would have been a less than stellar evening. I will not be going back, as there are other options in Ocala for my date night $$$.
- You'll love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013We were there on Valentine's Day. There was a more limited menu than their usual dinner menu but it included some of their best choices. We split a bowl of the lobster bisque, which was delicious, & was nice to split. It's so rich a full bowl for 1 might be too much. I was told that Chef Felix makes his own lobster stock from scratch & you can tell by the flavor. The shrimp & grits appetizer was so good that I'll probably get it as a main course next time. The filet mignon & prime rib entrees were excellent & cooked to perfection. As for their service, even though they were PACKED when we were there, it was outstanding. Our waiter, Jason, was friendly, & never made us feel rushed.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Valentine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Enjoyed the Valentine dinner immensely. Our first time at the Braised Onion and we will return. The only thing I can think of in any negative way was the noise level, but that would not dampen the enjoyable evening of great/delicious food, delightful and professional service, and being with my favorite girl.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013This was a perfect pick for a lovely St. Valentine's Day dinner. Our server was amazing, appropriately attentive. The prime rib was perfection!Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013This was our second visit to Braised Onion, and we are hooked! Great food, attentive and courteous staff, and no tummy ache on the way home. Lots of fresh ingredients. Just a great place to eat!Special Features:
- Other than booking throughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013Other than booking through open table for a 645 dinner date and not actually being seated until 725, the food and service was superbly excellent.Special Features:
- A group of four for a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2013A group of four for a birthday celebration dinner. Had drinks, appetizers and good conversation among an energetic atmosphere. Server was very attentive to our needs. Entrees were served with three looking and tasting great. Unfortunately, my entree was unfinished and not realizing at the time, I had it wrapped to take home for dog (a chicken fried filet). Because all at our table were having a great time, I did not complain about my entree's most unappealing taste. Everyone else enjoyed their meals (mahi mahi picata, bourbon glazed NY strip and braised short ribs). It was not till our group left and while driving home someone made a comment how unappetizing my entree looked. I realized the chef had forgot to place gravy over entreeSpecial Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2013This was our second visit to The Braised Onion and that's why we came back. We brought our friends there for her birthday and we really had a delightful evening. Joe our waiter was pleasant and very helpful and the food was delicious. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 4OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013We had a reservation for 4 and ran into two friends who had already been seated. The hostess gladly moved all of us to a beautiful round table for 6 and we had a wonderful time. Food was delicious all around and Sherry gave us great service. We love being able to make a reservation and have it honored.