Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego
1055 Fifth Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/SanDiego
- Phone: 6195251966
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Aarón Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC ON THE VOODOO STAGE (Thursday – Saturday No Cover!)
Enjoy a cocktail at our Salvation Alley Bar and groove to one of the many blues bands booked Thursday – Saturday on the Voodoo Stage. No tickets required.
TOTAL REQUEST KAL (Wednesday – Saturday)
Request your favorite songs during Happy Hour from 4-7pm. Enjoy $2/$3 Select Draft Beers, $3 Wells & Wines, $4 Martinis and a killer happy hour menu featuring items crafted by celebrity chef Aaron Sanchez.
LOCAL BREWS LOCAL GOOVES (Tuesdays)
Presented by KPRI & Listen Local SD every Tuesday at 7pm, featuring San Diego's finest local musicians and local breweries.
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located on Fifth Ave in San Diego’s downtown business district inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Open nightly for dinner, Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Crossroads at House of Blues - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (12)late-night find (11)special occasion (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (1)Show More
- The hostess seemed confusedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2013The hostess seemed confused when told of the reservation; she told us to wait in the bar, since we'd arrived 10 minutes early, and said she'd come find us at the reservation time. She did not. I checked on table & she said it was ready, then led us back to a table in the bar, where we'd just been. Did not get approached for 10 minutes after that. It took about an hour to get two burgers and fries. Burgers were fine, but not spectacular. The band in the bar was good, but the noise level was crushingly loud.
- Came for the concertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Spinach dip is very spinachy but it was good, the chips could have been a little fresher though. I ordered the pulled pork and while I prefer a BBQ sauce, the tomato sauce wasn't horrible. I didn't have any complaints overall and since we spent enough money we got pass the line passes (which we ended up towards the end lol). Overall, good experience. The cheesecake was delicious!!
- Loud (as expected) but enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2013Loud (as expected) but enjoyable. Food was very good, good variety on menu. The happy hour specials were great appetizers
- awesone bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013Our waitress wa wonderful. She made our family feel welcome. She also made my husband's birthday memorable one. She went out of her way to take pictures of us. The food was delicious. The service was excellent. The staff was positive. We will def come back. Awesome night and great time.thanks.Special Features:
- The staff was great, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013The staff was great, the food was good. It was a nice time. The food prices were high for the food but it was decent. The key lime pie was delish.Special Features:
- The bands were great especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013The bands were great especially the California Sirens from the recreational music center- not too loud and very good!!!Special Features:
- great if you're going forOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/17/2013great if you're going for a show ... food's okay; but it's not a place i'd chose just for the food.
- had a great time, took a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2013had a great time, took a little time for food, food was great, I will say, your girls that are dropping of food NEED to know there table numbers!!! we got someone else's food, and happen to notice that when bringing out the food couple of the girls did'nt know where to go, we had ordered the same thing minus the french fries, but thought the kitchen made the mistake, our server quickly made a recovery for the other table. The food was really good, thank you, I would go back.Special Features:
- Had a great time before weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013Had a great time before we entered the performance. Server was attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Not a romantic place to takeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Not a romantic place to take a date and definitely not what I expected from the info on the website. Interesting place though. Over pricedSpecial Features:
- This place made you feel likeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2013This place made you feel like you were out of town. Great place...Special Features:
- Good happy hour, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013Good happy hour, friendly aervice Even for our large group...Special Features:
- This is in the House of Blues.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2013This is in the House of Blues. The food was good, but the service was spotty at best. I had the Lobster Mac & Cheese. Served in a cast iron skillet. The lobster meat was plentiful and not rubbery. If you are going to a concert, and you spend $20 dollars. Make sure that you get your receipt stamp as it will allow you to cut the line.Special Features:
- Went to the restaurant becauseDMLocalDined on 1/27/2013Went to the restaurant because we were going to a show at the House of Blues. Wouldn't otherwise go to the restauarant. The food is mediocre at best.Special Features:
- Great food and service. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013Great food and service. We were a group of 20 and took advantage of the happy hour specials in addition to the regular menu that offered a variety of food items. The local house band was playing so once they started it was loud but still fun.Special Features:
- Our waitress was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013Our waitress was excellent, martinis great and the food was quality. 5stars!Special Features:
- Great food and service- Ambiance noOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/13/2013I have a mixed review. My friend and I went to Crossroads for dinner before a show at the HOB. I was impressed with the food. It was a great place to meet with friends and grab a bite to eat. However, if I was not going to see a show at the House of Blues I would not go out of my way to eat here again. The restaurant was very smokey and very very cold. I was wearing a sweater and jeans but I was very cold the entire time we were eating. On a positive note, our server was excellent!! And kept our wine glasses filled and recommended a great Southwestern Chicken Sandwich.Special Features:
- Ok but no Chicago HOBOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013To be honest this may not be a fair review because I am comparing the San Diego House of Blues to the Chicago House of Blues,which I visited about a year ago. I was incredibly pleased with my experience at the Chicago location, and is actually the reason I wanted to visit the San Diego HOB. The San Diego HOB food was pretty good and seemed to be fair in price. The stage that is in the dining area is small and hard to see, which is not a big deal because it looked like only one or two people could probably be up there playing at any given time. The Chicago HOB stage was huge and was the focal point of the entire dining area... not to mention the full band and incredible music that was playing the whole time.Special Features:
- Very good food. My wife wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013Very good food. My wife was a little disappointed she didn't quite get enough food in her meal, but it was very good. Service was great. I'd definitely return there again.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for dinnerSandiegoVIPDined on 1/3/2013We had a reservation for dinner at 6pm prior to the show and got seated right away. The server was young and new and wanted to please. The fish was excellent. For a bar and grill they edge on fine foods. There was a live band and they were very good.Special Features:
- We arrived 10 minutes late,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We arrived 10 minutes late, and the hostess was kind.We were seated towards the rear(maybe because we were attending concert on that side) the table was small and dim lighting. I can say the Shrimp Hobo was delicious! The waitress was nice and pretty attentive to our needs.
- Jambalaya lovers......OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012The service was awesome as usual but the food not so much. My jambalaya was extremely tomatoey. It was ok but I had better ones before.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for 6OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2012I made a reservation for 6 pm to have dinner before a concert. We arrived at the restaurant at 6:17 pm and were told that our reservation was canceled because we did not arrive by 6:15 pm. The hostess and manager were very rude, if we wanted a table it would be at least 40 minutes. They invited us to eat in the bar area. We passed the dining room which had many open tables. When I inquired further, I was told they only had 3 wait staff working. In the bar area, there was no table service. We had to go to the bar and order drinks and food. The noise from the TVs was louder than the music at the concert. Shrimp and grits were good, not good enough to overcome the problems. Eat somewhere else before a show.
- Took my Husband out for hisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012Took my Husband out for his birthday with some friends here. He is big on food from New Orleans and the food just wasn't the best in his option. I had Ribs and they were good but not great as i have had at other places in SD. They ran out of fried chicken that my friend wanted.. How that happens with such an easy dish on a Saturday night is strange. The pictures made it seem a bit more up scale with a funky jazz scene.. It's more of a casual scene and they had a heavy metal contest when we went. It was a fun night and service was great but i just don't think this is somewhere that would be on our list of places to go back to.Special Features:
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2012What was a spur of the moment decision to have dinner there prior to the show was an overall great time. Food & drinks were delightful, would definitely go back! Minor hiccup to the evening, waited a bit for someone to seat us & was concerned would miss out on my reservations, maybe having more than 1 hostess on an evening when you have a show?Special Features:
- Great happy hour, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012Great happy hour, service was very good, but a bit slow. No one greeted our table for over ten minutes. The food was good and we were satisfied.
- The food was great and theTracyAWillisDined on 10/26/2012The food was great and the server was friendly. However, we were disappointed that there were no true Mixologists on staff, so ordering a specialty drink without alcohol became an arduous task. In terms of non-alcoholic beverages, only soft drinks were listed. When we requested bar-style drinks without alcohol, we were told twice that it was stupid to do that. After telling the bartender how it could be done, he acknowledged that it was a good idea. Unfortunately, the disrespectful reply prior had already left a bad taste in our mouth on an otherwise lovely, birthday dinner.
- Great experience!LaurenDined on 10/17/2012Even on a Wednesday night, the House of Blues had a very active bar scene. The food was great, service was excellent, and we had a great time. Next time I am in the area, I will definitely return!Special Features:
- Our server was amazing andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012Our server was amazing and helped us out so much with all we neededSpecial Features:
- Terrible preparation and presentatiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012Terrible preparation and presentation with meager portions for the price. Chicken was so crusty hard I could hardly bite into it and when I did there was barely any meat on the bones. Came with mashed potatoes only. Also ordered a $22.00 steak that was cooked to order but lots of fat and grizzle...came with a cup of fries..hardly worth $22.00 3rd order was Lobster Mac and Cheese which of all 3 orders was the most generous portion but that's all there was...no vegetables, no bread.... I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone!! Worst food anywhere downtown for sure
- I had the Applewood BaconOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012I had the Applewood Bacon wrapped Meatloaf and I couldn't even chew it. It was so gloriously fantastic. Just loved it and the atmosphere was PERFECT. Expect me there every time I go to San Diego :) xSpecial Features:
- We were there to see our kidOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/29/2012We were there to see our kid perform at the Young Artist's Showcase ... so we had reason to be there. Normally not my place of choice. The waitress was great and the food was good... we hit happy hour well, so the prices were about right.Special Features:
- Good folk art collection toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012Good folk art collection to keep the eyes busy, lots of staff stopping and asking if everything was OK like they were not sure who saw responsible for the table. Even had 2 seperate staff try to take our order; plan on spending $20-30 per head even if you are just have a drink and an appitizer, full dinner with wine $50 per person. went before a concert as spent enough to get no wait in line statusSpecial Features:
- Food excellent, as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2012Food excellent, as always. Salad was fresh and loved the lemon sorbet. My only issue was server was a bit slow with the check when she was aware we were there to eat quick and get to a show when doors were opening.
- Good food but plan to spendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Good food but plan to spend $20+ per person. The waitress service was a little slow considering that there was not that many people there at the time. The public parking across the street charged me $28 to park for the duration of the show, so plan to shop the area for cheaper parking.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2012The food and service were great, however, we were seated in the bar area which was pretty loud. It was "trivia night", and we were unaware of this beforehand. Ok, for me and the kids, but not for my 70-year-old parents. : )Special Features:
- It was a great place withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012It was a great place with great food. We were a group and we loved it. Our server was really really nice.Special Features:
- The food was good, especiallyRobbyDined on 8/20/2012The food was good, especially the meatloaf, an th atmosphere as fun. We all loved the live music and video screens.Special Features:
- Had a great time. Good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Had a great time. Good food, good band, great service..BIG fan of HOB so it was the easy choice. Was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Happy hour menu was good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012Happy hour menu was good and priced right. Great option for pre-show, but would eat there again anyway.Special Features: