926 Turquoise Suite H
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.table926.com/
- Phone: 8585390926x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Richman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on Wednesday nights.
A word from Table 926
Located on Turquoise Street in North Pacific Beach, Table 926 is a modern bistro with approachable and stellar California inspired cuisine. Offering a seasonal, farm to plate inspired menu that uses fresh, local ingredients from places like Suzie's Farm, Local Farmers Markets and Catalina Seafood Company. Some of the dishes you might find on our menu include: Duck Carnitas “Street” Tacos, Guajillo-Tamarind Glazed Pork Cheeks, Smoked Duck Salad and Oxtail Ragu Bucatini. Unique and creative specials are served daily. Accompanying the food is an exceptional international wine list and select regional craft beers. With a friendly knowledgeable staff and a classy yet modern ambiance Table 926 is a place for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Table 926 - Best Restaurants in Pacific Beach ›
Table 926 reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (15)romantic (13)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Impressive mealBobnDotDined on 9/27/2013The creativity and quality of the food was impressive. This included appetizer, entree, and dessert. The wine was outstanding for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and CuteMarcoDined on 9/22/2013The quality and freshness of the food was outstanding. The wine was excellent for it's price range but they don't have any big hitters. The cheese platter was good, but they need to put in some higher end cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EVERY time I goOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2013Table 926 is a wonderful restaurant using the freshest of ingredients sourced from local vendors in the San Diego area. I had the sriracha pork wings with pickled okra and other veggies, and it was extraordinary! The love that clearly goes into the preparation by Chef Matt is obvious. The pork was braised, grilled and then flash fried for texture and to make that sriracha glaze stick to the bone. My starter was the roasted cauliflower soup -- it was also smooth, creamy, not too rich, and delicious. I live in Toronto now, but every time I come back to visit family, I always stop in and have a meal here. Service is also done with a smile and efficiency. 2 thumbs up, WAY up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodloverVIPDined on 9/1/2013We had a great dining experience coupled with excellent service from our server, Ali. The food was innovative and tasty with a great wine selection (again, help from Ali) and a mouthwatering dessert. The restaurant is tucked away in a business area and a little bit off the beaten track but we found it OK and had a very nice time. I Highly recommend looking this place up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We attended as it was ArgentinianLynnDined on 8/27/2013We attended as it was Argentinian Fare night and my friend Chelsea Zeballos was the Guest Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood restaurant !AbuelitaDined on 8/27/2013Matt Richman the Chef / Owner has been doing his magic for years now. On this occasion he had a guest South American Chef, Chelsea, Zeballos-Shean and together they performed a new culinary memory. Argentinian wines paired with delicious food flavors from Peru and Argentina. What a night. Thank you both and hope to see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!LillyVIPDined on 8/22/2013I ordered the Shrimp and polenta--it was delicious. My friend ordered the Halibut and gnnochi--it was also delicious. The service was wonderful--very friendly but not over bearing. We are returning next week with more friends to enjoy the Argentine dinner with wines. Can't wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinda let downjtg1Dined on 8/18/2013they stacked our party of 4 against the wall right in-between two other groups, when the entire remainder of the restaurant was open. The wine was very good, even though they poured us less than half a glass. When the food came (at different times), I was suprised to see that my youngest daughters pasta portion was tiny. I mean, its pasta. they can't fill up at least half of a bowl? What does pasta cost them. You could actually see the bottom of the bowl. I got the lamb shank and it was greasy and had lots of fat all gummed up over it. My wife had the fish (forgot what kind) and she liked her portion). We left the restaurant less than impressed and will probably not return when the Fishery and enoteca are nearby and so much better.
- Lacks characterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2013This place had good food and good service, but it looks like it went through a "Makeover my restaurant" show. The design was simple, but so simple it didn't have any character. It looked very sanitized and plain. If this restaurant was ice cream it would be sugar-free vanilla. But maybe that's what they're going for. North PB is a very white, yuppie and older crowd. That was exactly the demographics of the restaurant patrons.
- A San Diego Dining ExperienceFindingthegemsVIPDined on 8/16/2013My wife and I travel extensively and always like to find unique dining experiences. Table 926 fit the bill from the great food and service to the interaction with a local couple having a date night away from their 3 children "for the first time in a while". My wife had a vegetarian dish highlighted by Gnocchi and an array of mushrooms. My Golden Grouper dish highlighted by a light but smokey flavored broth that his the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner and Gluten Free!PJBrownCatVIPDined on 8/16/2013We had a great dinner at Table 926. The service was very attentive and the chef was able to accommodate my gluten allergy. I switched the grits for the couscous and they were delicious. Our party had the shrimp, pork, and chicken, and we were all very happy with our choices!Special Features:
- Hidden away, customers firstpetleopardDined on 8/13/2013Hidden away so itl doesn't get crowded. Good wine list, better food. Very willing and able to make changes for a gluten free diner the staff are upbeat, cheerful and bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. Only downside is desserts. Each time they have been less than stellar.Special Features:
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2013This farm fresh restaurant was delicious. Our food was fresh and hot and our waitress was very attentive! Would definitely recommend Table 926 to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively and lovelytottieDined on 8/9/2013Attentive service, delicious food and good wine. Child friendly, clean and atmospheric. We really enjoyed Table 926Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomegypsymeDined on 8/4/2013Every bite was worth the calories! Great service even though they were quite busy on a Sunday evening. My elderly mom and I were splitting an entree and they even brought it out on separate plates for us!D Such attention to detail on all the dishes. Caesar salad with bacon AND good anchovies - sublime! Merguez sausage and pasta, Hog cheeks with polenta, tenderloin with chutney, clams with chorizo - all different and each was yummilicious! All 5 foodies were happy as we left. The chocolate dessert ( with carmelized white choco bits sprinkled around) was even worth the calories. Wish I lived closer, but every time I visit my mom, this will be my go to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great night at Table 926RichDined on 7/31/2013We've eaten at Table 926 a few times now. (The owner is a friend of a friend.) They have a small, purposeful menu - with something for everyone. Their concept is to use as many local, fresh ingredients as possible. As such, all of the sauces are made right there at the restaurant - and the flavor is amazing. Our favorites so far have been the fish dishes we've had - and the tempura squash blossom tacos. A flower. Fried. In a taco. Seemed crazy but was great. There was music when we were there - and the place was busy, so the noise level was high, but didn't impede conversation. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- asual neighborhood ambiencestevereDined on 7/24/2013Table 926 has the comfortable casual atmosphere of a neighborhood restaurant, plus great food. The restaurant is carefully run by an owner/chef who is there all the time and tries very hard to give his customers an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Casual Meets GourmetLJLocalDined on 7/20/2013Fresh ingredients artfully prepared served in a casual setting. Very friendly and attentive staff. What more can you ask for?! A neighborhood gem. Great food and great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Neighborhood UpscaleJerrDined on 7/19/2013Table 926 has become a top favorite for us...great food, fine service, very nice ambience without being fancy, live comfortable music on Wednesdays....just what a nice local restaurant should offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SleeperNeighborsVIPDined on 7/19/2013If there were a ten star rating, I would award it to Table 926. Absolutely the best and most creative food we have had in a long time. Jazz music playing and delicious food being served all around. The combinations are unique and mouthwatering. A true GEM! The empanadas we reminiscent of those in Brazil. Delicious crust and moist chorizo filling. The Ceasar salad was a beautiful change to the norm. And, the clams were to die for. I didn't think it could get any better until the fig tart arrived. Truly a gastronomic delight!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tripReturndinerDined on 7/7/2013I want to see this restaurant succeed. It has a contemporary, elegant look and feel, and could be the perfect neighborhood spot. Continues to have very good service, great wine and beer list and tasting to help you get the right choice, a generous pour, and interesting ideas in a small menu. Our first visit, the food seemed like a revelation, hit almost all its marks, but each return there are a few disappointments. Last night's halibut cheeks were a lovely, tasty presentation, but overcooked. The chorizo and salt overwhelm the clams. Would love to see the grouper again, that was excellent.
- Always love this restaurant,DateniteDinnerVIPDined on 7/6/2013Always love this restaurant, but wine prices continue to climb. Higher prices don't always mean better quality. This is a situation where "you get what you pay for" doesn't apply. They do have some good wines but they're not worth what is being charged.Special Features:
- Consistently great!Steph1972VIPDined on 6/29/2013We have never had even an average meal here. Table 926 uses seasonal, local produce and provisions inventively and the service Ian's always friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 6/29/2013Service was very good and the food was delicious. It made my birthday that much nicer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great North Pacific Beach find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2013My husband and I went to dinner for our weekly "date night" and are so glad that we found this restaurant. Great atmosphere, great service and the menu was fresh using local farmer's market finds! We love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findlaraDined on 6/11/2013Would fully recommend. For groups, make a reservation to be sure, but they will fully accommodate you. Went on a Tuesday which is $12 for 3 wines or $10 for 4 beer flight night. Each of 6 got something different and everything was delicious, from the pork cheek to the burger. Specials not listed on the menu were also fantastic. Our server, along with the other wait staff, was wonderfully attentive, provided great recommendations and service. Although it was a little pricey for a weekly haunt, it is definitely somewhere I would go again and tell others to visit. They had a pretty sizable wine list with glasses or bottles ($60+) for purchase. A hidden gem of North PB tucked off Turquoise Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just what we were looking for!marellagVIPDined on 6/7/2013Table 926 definitely fitted all the criteria: the food quality, ambience and friendly service. We chose the special menu (awesome!) but next time, we will try their regular menu. Great vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was fabulous. serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013food was fabulous. server was very knowledgeable and helpful. this place is a gem!Special Features:
- Definitely worth a visit!GerryDined on 5/29/2013We didn't know this "gem" was within a mile of our home until someone told us it was hidden in the back of the small parking lot. Presentation was superb and taste was delicious. A plus was a live guitarist providing a variety of gentle background music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little place in Pacific BeachWoohoo21VIPDined on 5/29/2013An unexpected pleasure!! Service and food were outstanding!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable, but austere ambiencemomodesignDined on 5/28/2013We waited for a special occasion to visit, but I don't know if I'd return to 926. Menu selections seemed pretty limited, and to be honest I can't remember what I ordered. All was well-prepared and tasty, but lacked that extra "something." This is a fairly expensive place for a neighborhood staple. We went for celebratory birthday dinner, and the service was really nice. We tried several wines, and our sever made excellent suggestions. I just can't remember the food... guess that's commentary in itself. Concrete floors, rows of tables, and hard surfaces would make this small place really noisy on a busy night. Not good for romantic, intimate dinner. Decor unremarkable. I only had one glass of wine, so lack of memory is genuine. Cheers!Special Features:
- Keep coming back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2013We love table 926! Anytime we have friends or family come into town we take them here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PB GemiluvfoodDined on 5/24/2013The food was fantastic! Great salad, fresh seasonal fish main course and yummy dessert - all with reasonable portions and wonderful flavors!!! The ambience is simple and down to earth, very refreshing for the high quality of the food. And the staff was outstanding!! The hostess and waitress checked in with us in a very friendly and non intrusive manner. It was an overall 5 star experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite local restaurant!Chef42VIPDined on 5/23/2013We've visited Table 926 at least 6 times recently and have thoroughly enjoyed the food and the wine selections each time. Our server, Ali, is a joy to interact with and a true professional. The menu selections are innovatively prepared, the ingredients the freshest available and with half-price wine by the bottle on Thursdays, Table 926 is our go-to dining out choice!Special Features:
- Fantastic value for moneyFastidiousDined on 5/16/2013Far better than many other places charging the same prices. Food was excellent and wine specials on Thurs night made it even better. Went home very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 926nvzaDined on 5/12/2013Amazing food and amazing service! I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 926 A Welcome SurpriseJakeDined on 5/12/2013Although brunch is not considered their market, Mother's Day brunch was cozy, affordable and had unique food selections. Very casual environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DonnaDined on 5/12/2013We had mother's day brunch and it was wonderful... loved that you had a small buffet of yummy items, then got to pick an entree. The food never disappoints. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little neighborhood bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/12/2013We've been to this restaurant several times now and haven't had a bad meal yet! The menu changes frequently to reflect what's in season. There's always a good variety to choose from, whether I'm in the mood for lamb or seafood or a burger. Always good sides.Special Features:
- We'll be back!curiouskathleenDined on 5/5/2013My husband is a good cook -- and a tad Scottish stingy. So getting him out to eat in and of itself is a challenge. Before we had even ordered at Table 926 on May 5, he had declared that he "loved this place" based on the low noise level, simple decor, chalkboard specials and local-hits beer list. He and our Cordon Bleu-trained friend both ordered pig cheeks on grits and cleaned their plates. We loved the roasted brussel sprouts as an appetizer, too. And when our waiter realized he'd entered the wrong item for one in our party, the kitchen recovered double-time, comped the dish, and threw in a dessert, too. Great service, great ambiance, great food -- and a check my hubby has happy to pick up for our party of four. Table 926 is a gem..Special Features: