11 South Fullerton Ave.
Montclair, NJ 07042Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palazzonj.com/
- Phone: 9737466778
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm,
Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 1:30pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John Giglio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On and off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Palazzo offers a fresh take on skillfully prepared Italian & world cuisine. The atmosphere is stylish and sophisticated yet warm and relaxed. Whether it be graduation, birthday party, family gathering or office function, Palazzo specializes in private parties both on and off premises.
- Private Party Contact: John or Nick 9737466778
- Entertainment: Live jazz on Friday & Saturday evenings.
A word from Palazzo Restaurant
Palazzo is an upscale Italian restaurant, using Mediterranean and carefully sourced ingredients such as octopus, whole Branzino, Ahi-tuna, Atlantic Salmon Angus beef, milk fed veal, homemade pastas and ravioli. Our delicious desserts stray from traditional Italian, but for good reason as the crème brûlée, bread pudding and tiramisu are outstanding. We also have live jazz on Fridays & Saturdays. Private parties can be accommodated on or off site.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palazzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)romantic (22)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- We ate here on sat w/anotherLove2gooutDined on 3/24/2012We ate here on sat w/another couple and were sitted right away, however it took them over 30min to get glasses for drinks,bread and butter.We ordered our appz and dinner at the same time.We didn't hear or see our food until we asked at 10:00pm where it was and that is when the manager said that they dropped scallops on the floor(Really???)instead of bringing the rest of the food in; they waited. the apptz were not bad once we got them, but then we had to rush through it and our dinner which was good for all except my rare ahi tuna was burned, awful,hockey puck like.It ruined our experience and the manager was rude and did not give anything at all as a compensation and said that the owner did not want to give youanything.HORRIBLE never go bk
- We have gone here many times.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2012We have gone here many times. Great food and a nice atmosphere
- Five StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Went to lunch there for the first time, Palazzo was recommended to me by a friend, and I would definitely give it five stars.Special Features:
- Live jazz on Friday and SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012Live jazz on Friday and Saturday is a nice touch, on top of great service and great food.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2012We have been here a couple of times, and the food is fantastic, great restaurant. The specials were excellent. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- another reason NOT to eatRegularsVIPDined on 3/18/2012another reason NOT to eat out on Sunday nite. have enjoyed this place for years. nothing disastrous but food was just OK (pasta dish fully congealed). since we have always been happy here we will be back again soon, just not on Sunday.
- We had heard very good thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/18/2012We had heard very good things about Palazzo but we were a bit disappointed. The food was nicely presented with creative combinations but several in our group ordered fish and it was overcooked. I will say that the pasta dishes while much simpler were quite good. Overall, for the prices we thought it should have been better.
- The service was FANTASTIC!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2012The service was FANTASTIC!!!! Our waitress Kaitlyn was perfect. We had a great dinner...not rushed... we enjoyed every minute. My seafood risotto was out of this world! Thank you! We will be back!Special Features:
- We had a great time, ate wellOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2012We had a great time, ate well and had fine service. We would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Excellent service, excellentHKMKDined on 3/3/2012Excellent service, excellent salads, excellent mushroom soup. My entree was not great, the calamari was overcooked, the black pasta was outstanding . My wife loved her food, excellent chicken dish and salad. The tiramisu was top notch! Very limited wine list. The live music was a very nice touch. An enjoyable evening for sure.
- Second time here. First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Second time here. First time food was really good and service was excellent. Bought a larger group back and maybe just cought a bad night. Service was just OK, but entire place seemed shorthanded. Food took really long time to come out and one of the dishes had to be sent back and ultimately was removed from the bill(which was handled appropriately by the manager. I will go back again to give them the benefit of the doubt.
- Good food. Good service. Loud.JackOClubsVIPDined on 2/25/2012My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the experience. Service was very attentive, and thefood was excellent. We were there on a Saturday night and the only criticism I have is the live music. They had a piano and clarinet combo who were just way too loud for the small venue. We had to almost shout at one another across the small table.Special Features:
- have never been disappointedRegularsVIPDined on 2/21/2012have never been disappointed in many visits to Palazzo. with many Montclair restaurants getting more hype, Palazzo has consistently turned out excellent food, friendly, professional service and an overall attitude directed to pleasing the customer. our favorite place in Montclair.Special Features:
- Slow service verry good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012We arrived at 6:30 for our reservation. Seated immediately but we waited for all of our guests to arrive. By 6:45 we were all there. Finaly our waiter brought the menus around 7:00 p.m. and we ordered our appetizers and entre's around 7:15 The appetizers arrived by 7:30 they were all excellent and freshly prepared. The entre's arrived 1 hr. later. Even though everything is prepared to order I thought this was excessive. The entre's were good but not great and certaainly not worth the wait. Dessert was ordered around 9 pm and took over 20 min to arrive. The reason was that preparation was required for the Tiramasu' (nothing is prepared in advance)Special Features:
- We had eaten here severalmstewolDined on 2/14/2012We had eaten here several times in the past and enjoyed it. On Valentine's Day, however, it was struggling to deal with the packed house. Waiters were rushing around (one knocked over the standing wine cooler three times)and the feeling was one of a place out of control rather than the romantic slow dinner we had anticipated. The food was excellent although they had overpriced it for the evening.Special Features:
- Food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Food, service and atmosphere was amazing! Would definitely reccomend this place to others and I am looking forward to going back!
- Good food, pleasant environment,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2012Good food, pleasant environment, great service, music was a fun addition!Special Features:
- Love the live jazz on FriOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Love the live jazz on Fri & Sat. Really adds to the ambiance!Special Features:
- We have dined at Palazzo severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2012We have dined at Palazzo several times and always enjoyed the food, ambiance and service. The food this time was mediocre at best, very dissappointed. I hope this was just an off night and not that they are going down hill quickly. They have some stiff competition in Montclair especially with Ostera Giotto.
- As usual. The food atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2012As usual. The food atmosphere and service was great.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the liveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/13/2012We really enjoyed the live piano and cello music on a Friday night, it was very peaceful and relaxing. I ordered a roasted duck special with mushroom risotto, which was excellent. Service was attentive, but seemed inexperienced, my wife was almost wearing her Pasta Fagioli soup when the server brought it, my foot got stepped on a couple times getting my water refilled. Overall though, we loved the place, and would return.Special Features: