11 South Fullerton Ave.
Montclair, NJ 07042Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palazzonj.com/
- Phone: 9737466778
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm,
Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 1:30pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John Giglio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On and off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Palazzo offers a fresh take on skillfully prepared Italian & world cuisine. The atmosphere is stylish and sophisticated yet warm and relaxed. Whether it be graduation, birthday party, family gathering or office function, Palazzo specializes in private parties both on and off premises.
- Private Party Contact: John or Nick 9737466778
- Entertainment: Live jazz on Friday & Saturday evenings.
A word from Palazzo Restaurant
Palazzo is an upscale Italian restaurant, using Mediterranean and carefully sourced ingredients such as octopus, whole Branzino, Ahi-tuna, Atlantic Salmon Angus beef, milk fed veal, homemade pastas and ravioli. Our delicious desserts stray from traditional Italian, but for good reason as the crème brûlée, bread pudding and tiramisu are outstanding. We also have live jazz on Fridays & Saturdays. Private parties can be accommodated on or off site.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palazzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (19)romantic (19)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- One of my favorite go to restaurantLetseatVIPDined on 10/31/2013A friend who comes to visit me every 2 months or so I always take him to Palazzos. We both love it. Great food great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent !NAncyDined on 10/29/2013We went there on Tuesday night to celebrate my 55th Birthday. the food was absolutley delicious . We had the accorn squash soup to start, I had the duck and my friend had the swordfish with seafood rissoto special. I had carrot cake and my friend had the cream bruelle for dessert. It's BYOB also . It has glutten free options also . I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notch. We are thereRegularsVIPDined on 10/18/2013Always top notch. We are there at least twice a month.Special Features:
- Updated ItalianZiaLuciaDined on 10/18/2013Northern New Jersey is full of Italian restaurants. We were looking for something a little different but not overly adventurous or pricy. Palazzo fit the bill with lighter versions of old favorites and a clean bright atmosphere. Service was excellent and they were very concerned about making sure my meal was Gluten Free. My companion had salmon in lemon butter and capers and I had chicken marsala without the flour in the sauce. Both were delicious. Our house salad was wonderful. The wine list is limited to one California winery but the Pinot Grigio was delicious. My only quibble is that the Friday and Saturday night "jazz" turned out to be show tunes on the piano, at least early in the evening. But otherwise thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:
- great menu well doneAlanDined on 10/17/2013I often find in going to restaurants these days that there are only 1 or 2 items on the menu that are appealing. At Palazzo I wanted to eat everything. They had the most appetizing menu but the reason I recommend it was that everything we ate was great, really well prepared and very enjoyable. I also thought that the value that we got considering the quality of the food was outstanding. I am very eager to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousness and Jazz!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2013Awesome food - although it took almost 45 minutes just to get our salads and appetizers which was an unnecessarily long time - BUT the food was actually wonderful and delicious so maybe the wait was worth it?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is something amiss?FoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2013We probably come to Palazzo twice a year. The food is great and located in a fun neighborhood. On this visit the service was terrible. We were seated on time but after that, everything went at a snails pace. It took them 15 minutes just to open the wine, another 15 minutes and 2 requests for an ice bucket, water and bread. We were there an hour before the appetizers were served and another 30 minutes before dinner was served. After waiting another 20 minutes for them to take our dessert, we decided to ask for the check instead. We were there for 3 hours So disappointing when the food is so good yet the service is so bad. If they could just manage the traffic flow better perhaps that would make the dining experiencing enjoyable again.
- We were given a gift certificateSammyCDined on 10/4/2013We were given a gift certificate to the Palazzo Resturant by a friend, so this was our first experience. The food was great, the service very good and the prices reasonable considering there was live jazz, (piano and clarinet) playing all night long. We will definately return. The parking garage is across the street and also reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September 28thsblostDined on 9/28/2013I have dined before at Palazzo's and have always had a great experience. My experience on September 28th was mo exception. The cuisine was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallop appetizer specialMaggiemayDined on 9/28/2013Scallop appetizer special was very good. My friends also like the homemade ravioli. A little confused about wine - limited choices - but it might also be BYOB...they have a limited license. Service was very good. Nice little place. Would have like to hear music, but I guess we were too early (6:30)? Or maybe too deep in the restaurant to hear the piano in the front? Cute little shops around it - and enjoyed the entire neighborhood.
- ReliableSeafoodguyVIPDined on 9/12/2013Been to Palazzo many times over the years. The food never disappoints and the service staff is genuinely friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- A Go To PlaceJames184Dined on 9/5/2013When you want to dine out at a reliable and consistent restaurant, Palazzo is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greathappydinerDined on 8/30/2013brought friends from out of town because we knew they would love it and they did - never disappointsSpecial Features:
- Good food and service andLocationDined on 8/25/2013Good food and service and in scenic Montclair. Just the perfect spot for a family dinner.Special Features:
- very good food....serviceUninspiredVIPDined on 8/24/2013very good food....service was a little slow, especially for two cold appetizersI would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSaturdayVIPDined on 8/6/2013This was recommended to us. Very nice. Great food, excellent service. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013food was wonderful. Service was superb. We will be back, forsureSpecial Features:
- We ate on a Friday night,JessBDined on 7/26/2013We ate on a Friday night, it was not so packed that we needed a reservation but we had one through OT. The service at the start was great, a super friendly wait staff attended to us with speed. After our meal we waited for nearly 45 minutes for our server to come back and wrap up our leftovers and offer us dessert. She was no where to be found that entire time, and barely any other servers came near our section, so we couldn't really get their attention to find her. I had the crispy duck and my husband had the gnochi pesto, both were great, but our evening out stretched on much longer than we would have liked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationsistersDined on 7/20/2013Four sisters each found the perfect meal whether on the lunch menu, the prix fixe menu or the specials list. The appetizers were terrific (especially the mushroom soup) and the desserts were wonderful.Special Features:
- Too noisyfinedineDined on 7/13/2013I was in Palazzo on a Saturday with a friend that I haven't seen in a long time.......It was so noisy we had trouble hearing each other speak....Combining the music and the people, it became too much...We actually left to find a quieter restaurant.....I do normally like Palazzo...I have been going there for years............It was a disappointment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Saturday NightArbeeDined on 6/29/2013Palazzo's was very busy - a good thing. However they frequently apologized for the slow kitchen - we didn't get our entrees for over an hour. That was not a problem as we were with friends we hadn't seen in a while. They comped us for two coffee's and one tea while charging us for a side dish that wasn't ordered. The food was very good. My guess is that they would benefit, on a Friday and Saturday night, for two seatings. This would help control things. I'd go back, no problem, but maybe not on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AccidentDeschainDined on 6/22/2013I have been dining in this area for years with my wife. We have our favorite places we always go to. When I made a reservation at Palazzo I thought I was making a reservation with another restaurant in the area. A mistake I never make but i guess I was in a hurry and thought for sure from the site I had the right place. As we are walking to the intended restaurant (wine bottle in hand) we walk by Palazzo and I read the sign and think.. OH THIS IS PALAZZO! Since we made reservations I thought well it can't hurt lets go here instead. We were so happy with our experience. The food and service were wonderful! I had the branzino special and it was perfect!Special Features:
- Great TimeLoisDined on 6/15/2013We had a group of eight, and the service was attentive yet not intrusive. The food was great... eight dishes cooked to perfection on a Saturday night in a full restaurant. Everyone raved about their dinners. I have to talk about the first courses especially because I tasted all of them. I never liked calamari, but the marinated and the fried calamari were so wonderful that I have to go back. The zucchini fritti and the tower of tomatoes and mozzarella were great. I was too stuffed for dessert. I highly recommend Palazzo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Had a Bad MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2013It has been a while since I'd been to Palazzo but I had no fear that I'd be disappointed and I wasn't. The food and its presentation were excellent. We also had the unexpected pleasure of listening to a piano/clarinet duo that added to the pleasure of our dining experience. After this last visit, I'm asking myself "why don't I dine there more often?"Special Features:
- Delicious food, wonderful serviceLolaDined on 6/7/2013I enjoyed lunch with a friend at Palazzo. The food was delicious and nicely presented. I ordered Capellini with shrimp, and my friend ordered salmon. He also had the mushroom soup which was very tasty. Thanks for making him a fruit platter for dessert, and I splurged on vanilla gelato.Special Features:
- Great food look forward going backThemickDined on 5/12/2013My wife and I have not been to Palazzo's in a long time. When we did go, it was one of our favorite places to eat. On Mother’s Day we went back, and I am so happy that we did. The food was great and the there are plenty of selections on the menu. There were six of us at dinner, and everyone enjoyed their meal. I look forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we were expecting!!freddy36Dined on 5/12/2013Very expensive brunch for the buffet choices!!! Great flavor but for what we paid on mothers day brunch I was expecting more then chicken francaise and penne vodka
- Worst brunchArchDined on 5/12/2013Went there for Mother's Day brunch. Decent ambiance. Buffet selection was very limited, tasted awful and desert seem to be from Costco .
- Lovely in MontclairmelvDined on 5/11/2013We have gone to Palazzo for years, it consistently has good food and service. Nice up date on the interior. All four of us were happy with what we ordered from beginning to end. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem In MontclairApplaudeDined on 5/11/2013What a quaint restaurant in Montclair. Classy, Lovely menu. Delicious food. Excellent service. Excellent for special occasions.Special Features:
- Nice dinner before showNoahVIPDined on 5/10/2013Nice dinner before concert on a Friday night. We all enjoyed our salad we shared and our entrees were tastey. We had Cornish hen, shortribs, rigatoni meatballs and a vegetarian pasta dish. We shared a dessert that was very very small and okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greathappydinerDined on 5/4/2013We have been patrons for a few years - food is consistently terrific, as well as the service - they seem to go out of their way to hire the perfect servers. Saturday night jazz duo always a treat. Can't say enough positive things about this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Delightful restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013Delightful restaurant with excellent food and terrific service. Outstanding jazz in the background made the dinner perfect!Special Features:
- Great place!, I recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2013Great place!, I recommend it. They offer a california wine list, no full bar, but you can bring your own! I brought the ingredients for a sangria and they prepared it for us. Service was great, ambiance was good. They had someone play the piano and clarinet. Although, the food was good it was served warm not really hot. Overall, a good place to eat and relax.Special Features:
- The food was great and tbeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/22/2013The food was great and tbe service was fantastic. We all enjoyed our dining experience at Palazzo!Special Features:
- We've been to Palazzo manyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2013We've been to Palazzo many times. We love the flavorful food and, on the weekends, relaxed piano and sax/clarinet music. It's a perfect place to unwind after a hectic week.Special Features:
- An unusual menu for ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013An unusual menu for Italian which is good. Some of the dishes lacked flavor and needed something to punch up the flavor. Any request though starts with a staff response of no! The host is anything but friendly and lacks any savoir faire. Not a guy I'd put in the front of my restaurant. Prices were fair and BYOB is their redemption. Not likely to return anytime soon. I like to feel welcome in a restaurant and this clearly was not the case.
- Lovely menu, very good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013Lovely menu, very good service. Beautiful atmosphereSpecial Features:
- A great restaurant, one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013A great restaurant, one of our favorites in Montclair. Never fails to please!Special Features:
- Cozy and romantic. Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Atmosphere was cozy and romantic. Food was outstanding. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Live jazz on Saturday nights. Service was a bit slow. All in all, a great place.Special Features: