Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
2200 North Lamar St.
Dallas, TX 75202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.houseofblues.com/dallas
- Phone: 2149782583x
- Hours of Operation:
Open nightly for dinner service 4 P.M.
Open for lunch on Sat - Sun 11:30 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Otsuki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: House of Blues offers catering for groups of 20 to 2,000.
- Entertainment: House of Blues offers live entertainment nightly on our Crossroads Dining Room Voodoo Stage!
Wednesday: Open Mic Night
- Special Events: Please contact Krishna Stacey for Special Event or private dinning inquiries at KrishnaStacey@livenation.com or 214.978.4854
A word from Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas
Crossroads at House of Blues® is a lively restaurant and bar located in Dallas inside the world-famous House of Blues. It features a tantalizing new menu created by celebrity chef and Food Network star, Aarón Sanchez. Enjoy signature dishes such as shrimp & grits, short rib meatball sliders and fire-grilled flatbreads plus some new twists on House of Blues favorites like jambalaya, slow-smoked pulled pork, signature burgers, salads and steaks. It’s food that's bold and classic yet contemporary. Crossroads at House of Blues is truly the place where food, music & art intersect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (46)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (29)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (9)romantic (5)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Had a blast!DnFJefferson53Dined on 7/12/2014Fantastic service, food, and atmosphere. Our server was attentive, but not overbearing. Our drinks and food arrived in a very timely manner and all tasted amazing. We had the quesadilla app, the adobo pork chop over picadillo, the lobster mac and cheese for dinner, and the bourbon bread pudding for dessert. WE loved every last bite. You MUST try the bread pudding. It is fairly pricey in our books, but well worth it for the fun atmosphere. The bands were great - loud - but great! We had an absolute blast here - we will be back!Special Features:
- American affairErikDallasDined on 7/12/2014This American affair was a glorified music/theme park dinner with low quality service. Food was flung at the table with the entrees arriving before we had time to take a bite of our appetizers. Although the wait staff were very friendly and willing to chat they were not in any sense professional waiters. The food was fancy American affair, but was fancy only in the sense that putting lobster in the macaroni is fancy, but when it is done with otherwise undistinguished craft macaroni it is more a faux fancy than fine cuisine. The grilled shrimp appetizer and shrimp salad were probably the best dishes. Not clear what style of ribs was trying to be imitated with heavy application of grocery store BBQ sauce to the generous rack of ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Tasty!chigglypeepsDined on 6/28/2014We had the ribs and the grilled fish tacos and they were delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Blast!!!JTDiningDined on 6/27/2014Honestly, we had low expectations because of some nasty comments on another site - we couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised!!!! The food was VERY good...the service was exceptional - Allen was sooo attentive. We had to change tables because one of the people in our party was having back trouble and needed the booth. Even though the booths were on the other side of the room and out of his station area, Allen never missed a beat - very attentive, very helpful and made the evening enjoyable! And the band was awesome!!!Special Features:
- Disappointedmb01Dined on 6/26/2014We chose this restaurant because we were attending a concert at House of Blues. We were also pleased that we were able to make online reservations; however, I tried to call the restaurant to change the reservation as we were running a few minutes late, and was unable to reach a live person, only an answering machine. We did arrive 5 minutes past our reservation time and were seated immediately, so that was good. Our waiter was nice, but the service was so SLOW that we were late for the start of the concert! We arrived at 6:35 and the concert started at 8:15! And then he asked one of our party for a tip! Food was just ok, and both food and drinks WAY overpriced! Not recommended!Special Features:
- Good Time!!RayJDined on 6/25/2014Awesome Food (Great Burgers!!) Great Service!! - We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing5udriveDined on 6/25/2014Loved the atmosphere...Brian was our waiter, very personable, very knowledgeable, he was awesome..make sure to ask for the passline...after dinner, it gets you a pass to the front of the line for whoever is playing on concert that night...saw Tove Lo, semi precious weapons and also oh be clever...great food, amazing up and coming bands, would definately recommend...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The food was to die for! We had live entertainment for free and my mother, sister and husband all loved it! We went for Father's Day and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 264 reviews are from the Crossroads at House of Blues - Dallas reviews archive.
- Very Good :)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Great experience, friendly staff, good food & price. Love the overall feel. Excellent place to enjoy live music.Special Features:
- Crossroads is a Great Place to Eat!JBowserDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I ate at Crossroads this past weekend. We had a great time. The weather was impeccable, so we asked for a seat on the patio. Our waiter, Kevin, was attentive and friendly. He checked on us consistently without being annoying. He was very personable. When we asked for recommendations, Kevin was spot on with his recommendations. He told us a about a new drink there called the Jalapeño Rush that was AMAZING! I did not think I'd like a drink with "muddled jalapeños" in it, but this drink was tasty! But, should come in a bigger glass I think. The food was delicious. The manager Mike was also a great guy. He came out to introduce himself and offered to take care of us when we shared with him that our order had been botched.
- horrible service timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014We waited an hour to get our food and had to go to our event with our food in to go boxes.
- First timerCuda13Dined on 5/16/2014The food was not bad. Wish they would have had more seafood selections like salmon. Server was knowledgable regarding menu. He did a nice jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Meh Everything ElseSJ2222Dined on 5/13/2014The food was great, but the atmosphere was a little kitschier than I would expect and the service was slow. Overall it was okay, but I'm not going to write home about it.Special Features:
- What Took Me So Long To Get Here?ROS0129Dined on 5/11/2014We celebrated Mother's Day at House of Blues Dallas and it was Wonderful!!! The staff was helpful, kind and efficient. The food was to die for!! I've been telling everyone I know....even my Facebook Friends!!! Thanks HOB!! See you again Real Soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but funDaddyrussesDined on 5/9/2014We frequent Crossroads when going to the House of Blues to see a show. The Shrimp and Grits are the best and never fail to impress. We did venture out and tried the ribs this time. While the flavor was good, the meat was tough and was only lukewarm. For the money there is much better food out there.Special Features:
- OverpricedeyequeVIPDined on 5/9/2014A quesadilla, a BBQ sandwich, 2 rounds of drinks - $102. Overpriced? Yes, very much so. The food was mediocre at best.
- Dissapointing...MichelleDined on 5/9/2014After reading all the great reviews we went for our first time to have dinner and see a concert. I was utterly disappointed in the dinner portion of our visit we will not be eating here again. Our waitress was terrible and hardly came to check on us without having to flag her down. The food was nowhere near what I was under the impression it was going to be on top of being pretty expensive. The tables on the inside are soo crowded together we had to scream at each other to have a conversation. We moved outside because not only did a group of people get seated in front of us, but weren't actually sitting so I had a rear end in my face, but a band started too. We were much happier after moving outside and had a much better waiter.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014This was my second time visiting this place and it was still a hit. I recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had an awesome time!!OnecontentmamaDined on 5/4/2014It was my daughter & I. We were there for The Wanted concert (she got the tix for her 12th birthday as a surprise) & every employee made her night even better. Crystal was our waitress and she was friendly, helpful (she made sure we wouldn't lose our table since my daughter had a surprise meet & greet with the group) & made us feel at home. We had a great time and its definently a memory & a night that my daughter will NEVER forget, along with myself....never have I seen my child soooo estatic over something. Thank you again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/23/2014Was there for dinner before the Manchester Orchestra concert. Good food.Special Features:
- Wait is too longOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014While the food at Crossroads is good, it's hardly worth the wait - everytime we've made reservations prior to a show, we're seated promptly, then wait 45 minutes to 1 hour before our food arrives...spoils the service and quality of the foodSpecial Features:
- Service just wasn't up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/22/2014Disappointed in the service. Been here before and always felt cared for...we ordered a lobster Mac and cheese for the table as an app and then all ordered entrees. After 30 minutes here comes dinner. We told waitress and she looked at us and said oh - sorry. When I asked about the fries I ordered on the aide she asked me if the servers were getting them. Really ? We had to find her for the check. Really disappointed. This is a place we like to visit but I ll think twice next time.Special Features:
- Pre concert disappointmentBlackberrySmokeDined on 3/21/2014We arrived @ 5:45 for resesevations at the same time and were immediately seated. Then we waited until 6:10 to get our drinks due to a bartender meeting? That's what our waiter told us. Food arrived quickly, Mac & Lobster was very good but chicken wings did not come as ordered (crispy). Beer list is awful. The menu says 'ask about local microbrew beer options' yet there are none. Really need to step up on this as craft beer continues to become more and more popular. "PASS THE LINE" is what made the experience worth it, otherwise I would not be in a hurry to return. Excellent music venue, good venue wait staff.Special Features:
- Ok if you arent a foodie.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014I have had food and drink at much higher quality establishments at a more reasonable price.
- House of bluesBrunettebeautyDined on 3/19/2014I went for a show and was going to use the receipt to pass the line but ran outta time for that because the service was so slow. Loved the Mac n cheese. The Caesar salad wasn't dressed enough so it was bland. Come on now. My nephew could do better.Special Features:
- Convenient but Just Okay FoodDallasDinerDined on 3/16/2014This is our 2nd time here in the last few months. We usually go here right before a show at HOB, because it's convenient. This time and last, the service & food were just okay. Got there at 7:30 and left at 9, not because we were just hanging out, but because it took so long to get food, drinks, check. As with the last time, they didn't get all of our orders correct, so that was part of the delay. My boyfriend and I each had the fried chicken, not realizing each plate could easily feed two people. The chicken was not so-so and too much. After waiting 10+ minutes for our beer, we were told they no longer had it that night. Frustrating. This place isn't bad if you're going to a show at HOB, but otherwise, would never recommend.Special Features:
- Brian Essary, the Host onOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Brian Essary, the Host on 3/15, was AWESOME!!! He seated us promptly and checked in on us regularly to inquire about the food, service, offered recommendations from the menu. He also pointed out upcoming events scheduled for the House of Blues. Recommended that we come try the Sunday brunch. He really went above and beyond and is a great salesperson. It was obvious he is proud to work for the House of Blues Shrimp was delicious, band was excellent, service was greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- entertainmentSlickDined on 3/15/2014The entertainment,"Woody's Rampage" was one of the best 3 man bands I've seen in a long time. They weren't too loud and played an assortment of great songs. This band has extreme good talent,and it was a pleasure to get to hear them. Hope they're coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere. ..TheBarrFamilyDined on 3/14/2014Its quite yet energetic. I had the Jambalaya, which was good I could have done without the chicken in it honestly. My husband had lobster mac and cheese, he ordered mint julips which our waiter was unfamiliar with but the bartender made it happen. I also had the classic wedge salad , do not eat it if you dont like blue cheese bc it was loaded with it. All in all great night! Nothing fancy a bit pricey but fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad diningRogerDined on 3/14/2014Long waiting for the food (approx 1h). Once the food came to the table it was wrong qty. Only the starter was good. The rest of the food did not taste good. The band that played was good (that was positive).
- Service was very questionableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014The wait staff seemed to be running around and acting very busy when the restaurant wasn't even half full. Our waiter was hardly at my table. Several times I had to get up and find another waiter to fill a drink or even get the check. Also , my wife and I were attending a concert later that evening and had a priority line pass. When we asked about it, we got a glazed look from our waiter and it took 20 mins to finally get an answer to see where we had to go stand for the line. The food was great, but everything else on this evening left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLASDDined on 3/13/2014My hubby and I went on my birthday, unfortunately no musicians were scheduled that night, but there was a bingo game. Food was good, I ordered ribs and he ordered shrimp pasta and the waiter was exceptional. Parking was a bit cramped - although we paid for valet; overall a good night, we ate on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedDiningfanaticDined on 3/7/2014We went to see a band and dine at the same time. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was nice and the waitress was very accommodating. I feel the price off the food was a little pricy, but good. Valet Parking was a little crazy. We waited in the valet to park our car for almost 30 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Purchased tickets to see George Thorogood, so made reservations for dinner. Not busy when we arrived. Menu was disappointing. The prices were over the top for a simple entree without a side included. Took a very long time to be served. We both had empty glasses. Other tables around us were complaining about when their food would arrive. Would go back for a show, but not to eat!
- DisappointedDissappointmentDined on 3/2/2014Brought friend and our daughters after cheer comp to relax; service was horrible, it was very cold, ambience was drab. Could barely hear the music. I hyped this place up and was disappointed with the Sunday lunch. I am sure it is great on live music and venue nights. The server brought salad with meal, never pre-bussed our table, never refilled drinks, never asked if we needed another cocktail and had to wait forever for our check. We called a cab, can showed up and the valet guy stayed in his car and never came in to ask if someone needed a cab. So we had to wait some more for another cab.
- Great food and great concertmrsheffnerDined on 2/28/2014I bought the dining package with my concert tickets for my husband's birthday. The food was great and the service was even better! I was blown away that you really couldn't hear the concert below while in the restaurant. I would dine here again even if there was no concert. And I will always purchase the dining package anytime I go to a concert here. We'll done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY pleasantly surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014I had read reviews online and thought I was going to have to wait incredibly long for food from a never-showing wait staff and that couldn't have been further from the truth! I had made reservations, we were seated and then greeted immediately by our wonderful server, Brittany. She was effervescent and helpful, checked on us regularly and couldn't have been nicer. The food was outstanding, I had the portabello sliders which were delicious and the House of Blues salad that was fresh and had just the right amount of tasty dressing. Toward the end of our meal the manager, Mike, checked with me on how everything went and was friendly and appreciative of my thoughts. I would recommend Crossroads to anyone and will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food took over an hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Our food took over an hour and they ran out of cups so instead of serving beer in normal glasses they used smaller plastic cups. After waiting an hour for food (that tasted wonderful) I was just ready to hit the door.
- Bad customer service and long waitpocahontasDined on 2/15/2014We had our reservation at 7:30 pm and arrived on time. We were seated promptly which was great because I heard others being told it was a 45 min wait. It took about 10 min for the waitress to take our order and about another 10-15 to bring us our drinks. We ordered our appetizer at the time of initial drink order. Finally 45 min later we asked when we might receive our appetizer. 15 min later it arrived by a manager who apologized for the wait. Our show was at 9 pm and we weren't sure if we would make it on time because our food didn't arrive until 8:40. So you can imagine how fast we had to eat just so we wouldn't be late.
- Convenience is key ...NooneUneedDined on 2/15/2014We were seeing a show at the House of Blues and this was just a logical step for our dinner plans. The menu was interesting, but everything was spicy (except the salsa). There was nothing notable that I'd remember to tell you about the menu. The drinks were very expensive for the generic cocktails offered. A $12 cocktail should be outstanding, but it was just ok. The salsa was Pace Picante. The chips were some of the worst I've ever eaten. Our appetizer came with our meal instead of before. But if you are seeing a show there and pressed for time, then this is an acceptable place to catch a bite before hand.Special Features: