Cole's Chop House
1122 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Cole's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coleschophouse.com/
- Phone: 7072246328x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Cole
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer mezzanine (up to 50 guests) and full restaurant (up to 100 guests) buyouts with food and beverage minimums. The minimum pricing is based on day of the week and time of the year. For pricing and more information, please send an email with your preferred date and number of guests. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 7072246328x
A word from Cole's Chop House
Cole's Chop House presents sophisticated steak house classics in an elegant setting matched by friendly, attentive service. Cole's features 21 day dry-aged steaks, Certified Angus Beef, signature cocktails, and a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cole's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Cole's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)notable wine list (140)fit for foodies (123)romantic (104)neighborhood gem (61)good for groups (59)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (39)great for outdoor dining (21)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Fabulous dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Came here on a recommendation and had a great dinner. Husband had the rack of lamb which was cooked perfect and I had the petite filet, also cooked perfect. They both tasted amazing. Had a side of scalloped potatoes with gryure cheese - super good. Did not have dessert as we were both to full.Special Features:
- Amazing foodLuvsteakDined on 8/9/2014The welcoming as soon as walked in. The great service is over the top, but when the food come in.... Omg.. Amazing. The steak, perfectly done. The choice of sides... Not a lot of choices, but what they have is amazing. We ordered the hash brown with onion and mushrooms great combination for the steak. Great experience. Must try banana foster dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColesneverseenDined on 8/8/2014The salads, Including a Caesar, perfectly prepared.The Filet Mignon , perfectly cooked with a green peppercorn sauce on the side, accompanied by a superb corn based vegetable medley and an absolutely delicious yukon potato au gratin. Fabulous service from a confident, assured Napa,born and bred waiter who managed the food and wine proceedings with great aplomb. Delightful simple excellent ingredients perfectly executed and served, all with a bottle of wine; you cannot do better than that !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Cole's Chop HouseGSWolfDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary here and I must say that we had a blast and the food was just Amazing. Porterhouse was perfectly prepared and our server was truly great! Very friendly and his timing throughout the dinner was perfect. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTookieDined on 8/8/2014We come here at least once a year for my son's birthday, cause it's his favorite restaurant. A bit pricey, but the food is great. My favorites (other than the steak, which melts in your mouth) are the Oysters Rockefeller and the Bananas Foster - yum! Our order for the Oysters Rockefeller somehow didn't get in, so we had to remind them - but then they comped them, so that was great! We even added a person to our group halfway thru the meal, and they handled it beautifully. Only issue is you may need to make a res well in advance for a specific time, as I made mine 2 weeks in advance and still couldn't get the exact time I wanted. But otherwise - awesome place. Thanks, Coles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RebeccaDined on 8/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Cole's! The food is great. Our waiter helped us pick a fabulous bottle of cab. Service was great and our waiter was very fun and personable without being too much in our space. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/7/2014From the moment we walked in the door and were warmly greeted by Eric, to every aspect of the dining experience, this is an outstanding restaurant that does not miss a beat. Mike is an extremely professional waiter, the pace of the meal and the food itself was absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakKackDined on 8/7/2014Always a favorite spot for a delicious steak meal. Filets were cooked perfectly & great side dishes. Service is also spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner. At colesfoodDined on 8/5/2014The steaks were well prepared and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterKriserDined on 8/4/2014Our waiter had work there eight days and was wonderful, gave us great service. Was my mothers 90 Birthday and everything was great!Special Features:
- The best steak in Northern CAFezzleDined on 8/4/2014Cole's already has a reputation for being an exceptional restaurant if you want a great steak and we were delighted and filled. Grass fed angus and a rack of lamb paired with an exceptional wine at our server's recommendation. Manny waited on us and the service with humor and attentiveness could not have been improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HousetraveltouristVIPDined on 8/3/2014Fantastic find. Went to dinner on the recommendation of 3 wineries and really enjoyed our meal. Great steaks and interesting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable place to dineBunnyDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I brought 6 friends to Cole's from Texas and they all loved it! Being that they are all beef eaters that is saying something. I was happy because I am a celiac and the waiter was able to help me with my special diet. The kitchen staff has been instructed how to prepare gluten free meals. They had many different items to chose from. Also a very extensive wine list and the waiter was very knowable with it as well. One of my favorites to dine at in Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SusieDined on 8/2/2014It was the perfect place for our anniversary celebration! Service was great, food amazing, lived up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner at Coles Chop HousedinnerDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated a birthday dinner with excellent food and wine. The service from Brian was excellent!Special Features:
- Second VisitMuzTang50Dined on 8/1/2014Our return to this outstanding restaurant exceeded our memories of three years ago when we experienced one of the very best dining experiences ever! We made a reservation based solely on its proximity to the Opera House. Our table was ready, and friendly - professional attention began immediately - and continued through dessert. At first, ala carte dining did not appeal to us, but everything is so very good, and prepared with such care that it was well worth the extra expense. I can say without hesitation that if we lived in the area, Cole's Chophouse would see a much bigger chunk of our dining out budget. We will look forward to making the 100 mile drive in the near future.Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse in NapaJayZeeVIPDined on 7/30/2014Wow! Now that is what fine dining is all about. Nice atmosphere. Fantastic service. Wonderful food. Excellent wine. So much like any chophouse, the menu is a la carte. There were 6 in our group. I ordered the seasonal salad to start. My main course was the "steak frites" which here was a 7 oz Wagyu beef hangar steak charred on the outside, medium rare as ordered in the inside, with a chimichurri sauce and shoestring fries. It was absolutely fabulous for this carnivore! The sides are served "family style", so the table ordered grilled asparagus with Hollandaise sauce, roasted wild mushrooms, and sweet corn. Yum! All were great. Others also raved about their meals. They have a wonderful steakhouse wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best for steak!Micheleb0706VIPDined on 7/30/2014I have been to many top steak houses all over the country. Coles is my favorite, and it's local for me! A great place to celebrate a special occasion. It compares to Emeril's "Delmonicos" in Las Vegas with its quality steaks and chops. The side dishes served family style, the amazing wine list and the help of staff including a sommelier, make this the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodReseDined on 7/27/2014Great lamb chops and their seasonal side was roasted corn kernels with blue cheese butter and garlic. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue rare to medium and back againOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014Server made some great recommendations for wines. 2 of our 3 steaks (black&blue, med-rare) were perfect. Another one which was ordered blue rare, came out medium. The server immediately rectified the situation with a new properly fired blue rare and some redone side, which was appreciated. Overall quality of the meal was very good.Special Features:
- Club1136Dined on 7/26/2014We went there to celebrate my wife's birthday. Had a fabulous meal with great service. If you want steak this is the place to go in Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cole's Chop HouselauriesmomDined on 7/26/2014Always have a wonderful experience at Cole's. The food is fantastic, perfectly prepared and served, great wine list, knowledgeable, courteous and efficient wait staff. No matter how busy they are, they do not rush your dining experience. Highly recommend dining at Coles.Special Features:
- Great foodMarcyDined on 7/26/2014We just had diner past days in the place. The food is great , the service very good and we enjoyed our meal .but why so dark ??Special Features:
- Boys eating meatNewNapanVIPDined on 7/25/2014Friends came into town and the wives wanted a quiet night in chatting so the boys headed out for steak. As a Chicago transplant I know my meat and Coles really met those high expectations. The difference is that Coles had reasonable size portions rather than the enormous slabs of meat often found in Chi Town chop houses. I had the signature cut ( The Strip) and they got the Medium-Rare just perfect. If they just did some form of fried potato it would have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- margieDined on 7/24/2014We enjoyed every bite at this wonderful restaurant. We went there for my birthday and it lived up to it's reputation. Also, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!!FoodPRDined on 7/24/2014We came here on our two day visit to Napa. The food was so good!! Met all the expectations we had from the reviews we read. And the service was excellent! For appetizers we orderd the lobster bisque and crab salad wich were both amazing!! I ordered the filet mignon for entree. It was perfectly medium cooked as I orderd. The brownie dessert was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant for couples and small groups***!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Awesome awesome awesome all the way around. Be wary of the new York steak as, while it was amazing toe the flavors and the taste in how it's prepared, it does have a gamey kind of taste. My wife ordered ordered the filet, which was in my opinion even better better and had none of of the gamey flavor. However, I liked it but it's not for everyone. Awesome experience all the way way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cat55Dined on 7/17/2014We were actually disappointed. My flat iiron steak was greatly undercooked and so tough it was not edible, I understand about aged beef but it shouldn't taste like old antelope which it did. The service was fine if a bit weirdly touchy feely. Quite unsuadual as the waiter kept putting his hand on my husbands shoulder which is fine if we were regulates. They do have great onion rings:-).
- Outstanding service!PickyTravelersDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I had reservations at Cole's while we were in Napa for a few days. The food was excellent, but the service was exceptional. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive, but his assistant was extraordinary. This man was everywhere. He was clearing tables, filling water glasses, changing table linens, checking on everyone. I was incredibly impressed by his attention to detail and professionalism. I have never seen anyone so engaged in his work. You could tell he was proud of what he was doing. Our experience was excellent and I would recommend Coles to anyone. We will definitely plan to return when we are back in the Napa Valley.Special Features:
- Steve1Steve1Dined on 7/15/2014We were almost put off from taking up our reservation when we arrived as the hostess was not very friendly, however I'm glad we decided to dine there. The food was excellent, we had great service and very pleasant and friendly servers, nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014It was a very good experience. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!CajunfanDined on 7/13/2014You can get a great steak anywhere is what I thought and almost did not book here. That would have been a mistake. Not only was the filet one of the best I have ever enjoyed, the entire dining experience was exceptional. Our waiter was on point and made our evening special. The wine list is impressive and yet reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant. Great for a romantic evening or for a group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AMAZING!ShnidlyDined on 7/12/2014Extremely friendly atmosphere! We were greeted by the mgr Eric shortly after being seated. His staff was exceptional as well- very attentive, knowledgeable and we had top notch service from beginning to end. Food was superb! Everything was done to perfection! I had the 7 oz filet and my husband had the New York . We shared the lobster & shrimp bisque, sautéed sweet corn, hash browns, mushrooms & creme brûlée & that worked out perfectly! My husband loves great scotch and Eric put together a customized sampling of whiskey that he thoroughly enjoyed! Fabulous dining experience & we will definitely return!Special Features:
- Great Steak, Average ServicePresalesguyVIPDined on 7/11/2014Wow. This was one of the best steaks we had ever tasted. Our group ordered 3 steaks and the center cut pork chop. "Pork Chop" missed out on the steak and has been moaning about it ever since. Also try the hash browns with onion. Our one "beef" was a snarky and sarcastic manager who made us wait 22 minutes for a table when we arrived a little early. Once seated - food and service were 5 stars so he cost them a star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "must" in NapaFoodsnob801VIPDined on 7/11/2014Possibly the best steak house I've eaten at. The staff was more than friendly and we enjoyed everything they recommended. Especially the hash browns...they will blow your socks off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKerryDined on 7/11/2014This is my go to place when Iam staying in Napa. The food is top quality, portions are generous and the staff is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old school steak house, Napa styleKimWDined on 7/10/2014We'd heard mixed opinions regarding the "Napability" of this unapologetically old school steak. We came in the first time, hung at the bar , and had a great experience with a first rate bartender (wish we could remember his name!!) We came in a few weeks later for dinner literally surrounded by tables celebrating about anything you could imagine, the gamut of guests ran from a preacher and wife from the midwest, to a table of folks from Jersey out for a good time, and back to a family from the Central Valley here to load up on the biggest baddest plates of meat in town. I hardly think any of them were disappointed -- seamless service paired with the biggest baddest plates of meat any carnivore could ask for. Who can't love that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order less cooked.TJKeDined on 7/9/2014Food good but steaks over cooked. Suggest ordering less done and go from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner!!!famfoodiesDined on 7/9/2014Great experience. The food was excellent. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Overall, we highly recommend this restaurant and save room for the delicious desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent anniversary dinnerKellyVIPDined on 7/7/2014From start to finish, Cole's was top notch. My husband was thrilled with the Rye whisky tasting flight. Our salad was a perfect and light start to our meal. My husband's strip steak was cooked to perfection and my surf and turf special was the perfect portion. The hash browns were excellent- certainly enough to share. We topped dinner off with the creme brulee, which is my favorite! We will certainly be back next time we are in Napa.Special Features: