6755 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redd-wood.com/
- Phone: 7072995030x
- Hours of Operation:
8 am – 10 am
11:30 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 5 pm
Sun-Thurs: 5 pm – 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 5 pm – 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
A word from Redd Wood
Centrally located in the idyllic town of Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, Redd Wood is a stylish and casual wine country outpost featuring an approachable menu of wood-fired pizzas and house-made charcuterie and pastas. The menu is complemented by a thoughtfully-curated wine list, which focuses largely on unique local wines; a larger, more encompassing reserve list is available upon request. Richard Reddington, the famed Chef of Redd, is at the helm of this new wine country pizzeria, located at the north end of Yountville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redd Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)great for outdoor dining (107)neighborhood gem (87)great for lunch (81)hot spot (54)good for groups (52)notable wine list (41)vibrant bar scene (34)romantic (29)kid-friendly (24)special occasion (23)great for brunch (21)late-night find (14)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great pizza and saladsSFCAFOXDined on 6/8/2014We'd come back! I wasn't a fan of the mushroom pizza but my two dining guests RAVED about it. The Prosciutto was excellent!Salads and drinks were really good too.Special Features:
- Another great dining experienceToddKDined on 6/7/2014Had a very nice dinner at Redd Wood. The staff was very attentive and informative - specifically our waiter, and the staff sommelier concerning wine choices. The food was preferred perfectly, and everyone enjoyed their meals tremendously. My only complaint was that the pepperocini on the special meatball pizza I ordered just didn't quite fit with the rest of the pizza ingredients. But the meal in general was well prepared, and I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerBackinBCDined on 6/6/2014Our meal was quite simple, Salmon tar tare for app, Pizza and a side of asparagus. All was exceptional, especially the salmon app! The waiter was the only problem - he took my drink order, and simply returned a while later asking if I had ordered a drink, he couldn't remember. After we finished the app, the pizza was delivered, but no asparagus, it wasn't to show up until the pizza was completed. As we were finishing the pizza, we asked the waiter if we could cancel the asparagus, he said it was on the way (obviously forgotten, like the drink order), and moments later it arrived. It was all delicious but spoiled a bit by the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findColcosVIPDined on 6/2/2014Stylishly casual and hip restaurant. Great Italian influenced menu with house made charcuterie, fresh pasta, wood fired pizza and a few main dishes. I had a pasta special of toothsome wide noodles with a creamy but not heavy sauce of mushrooms,fresh fava beans and peas. We shared the 5 selection charcuterie plate. The pate was very flavorful as were all the salumi. I loved the pickled onions and beets that came along side. We sat outside in a lovely courtyard they have big umbrellas for the sun and heaters for the chilly evenings. Flies and bees are a big problem though. Nice new and old world wine selections and good waitstaff.Special Features:
- I rather try something else...NotSoGREATVIPDined on 6/1/2014I was actually really excited to try REDD Wood, especially since REDD was an amazing experience. Unfortunately the service was mediocre, and the food was unenlightening. The food is something I’ve tasted before. In a place like Yountville, I would rather go somewhere else to spend my money and actually be satisfied. I was really upset that my experience sucked!
- "Meh.." Dinning experience....thadramDined on 5/26/2014Not the dinning experience we had hoped for. In my opinion it was just as the window said, a pizzeria. The entrance is not clear, we were not greeted and our server did not introduce herself. The food portion was small and the spaghetti mostly had peas and not the vegetables as described.
- Staff is AwesomeWaytogoVIPDined on 5/26/2014Great service, food and atmosphere is always at this location for breakfast, lunch or dinner!!Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableOutstandingVIPDined on 5/25/2014We wanted a dinner that wan't as heavy for our last night in the Napa Valley. The food here was good and the pizza was delicious.Special Features:
- All around great experienceRossbossDined on 5/25/2014Extremely tasty food, very accommodating and unpretentious staff. Sausage Pizza, meat ball appetizer, spring green salad and butterscotch pot de creme were all terrific! Manager appreciated a taste of the wine from the bottle we brought. Would absolutely go back.Special Features:
- NCtoNYattyDined on 5/24/2014Felt like they were pushing us out. Not very conducive to the relaxed dinner we were hoping for. Ordered appetizers, salad, and pizza--all came out in under 20 minutes and they asked us if we were done three times before it was even an hour after we sat. Finally left with half a pizza remaining because it was so uncomfortable.
- Great Food and atmosphereKandI2626Dined on 5/24/2014My fiancé and I enjoyed the great drinks on the menu and had the amazing meatballs for an appetizer. Our pizza was also fantastic! I would highly recommend this resturant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yountville Favorite!mauigirlVIPDined on 5/23/2014Redd Wood is by far my favorite restaurant in the Wine Country. Lunch or dinner, both excellent. The food is exceptional whether you order a pizza, pasta, or main dish. Sometimes they offer a excellent hamburger as a special during lunch time. The servings are generous so you might share a pasta and pizza and a salad with a few people. Delicious!Special Features:
- Delicious!bella1862Dined on 5/20/2014We came here after a long day of traveling to Napa Valley. The burrata and arugula pizza - paired with fantastic glasses of wine hit the spot. Our reservation was fairly early - around 6:30 - so it was still day light out. Very relaxing, cool atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual but classyfoodiefriendDined on 5/20/2014We were very pleased with everything. Pizza is super. Real flavor in crust. Not just puffy bread with pasta sauce on top. Interesting flavors for toppings also. We wanted Brussels sprouts salad but they were not in season so we got the equivelent with asparagus. Delicious. Wait staff very personable. Great evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Early dinnerPaulDined on 5/17/2014Wonderful staff, everyone looks out for the customers needs. Wings with original sauce are a must and extra cloth napkins are brought with the wings. The chicken liver appetizer was served on crisp crustini and if your a fan you cannot pass this one up. Pizza is thin crust with imaginative toppings and prepared in a wood burning oven, delicious.Special Features:
- Great pizzas and saladsDavidVIPDined on 5/17/2014The pizzas were spectacular. We had a prosciutto and a sausage pizza. The crust was perfect, thin and crispy. The meats are cured in house and tasted like they had just been prepared. Complimentary sparkling or still water is a great idea. Two of our party had the spring vegetable salads and they really liked them as well. Fresh, tasty vegetables. A great lunchSpecial Features:
- A must for those visiting NapaNapaOrBustVIPDined on 5/16/2014My girlfriend booked us a trip to Napa with one goal besides experiencing great wine; the perfect dinner that would consist of Wine, Salad, and Pizza. All found at Redd Wood, all outstanding. They have a ton of other stuff but for what we were looking for, perfect on all accounts. Great server recommended her favorites and allowed us to bounce ideas and questions off of. Being seated outside next to a bunch of "kids" that didn't like something because it was too fancy for them so they complained constantly wasn't any fault of the staff or anyone. Ruined the ambience but hey, it's life.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2014The restaurant competition is tough here in Napa Valley and Redd Wood holds up to some of the better establishments. We wanted an earlier meal and more casual experience and Redd Wood came through. The four of us shared appetizers as our meal and each one came out slow paced as we requested. The hot olives were fun and a bargain. It was great to have a cheese plate with enough cheese so each of us could have a generous taste with enough bread to accompany the cheeses. Meatballs were delicious, light, well seasoned with thick rich sauce. White pizza with prosciutto & arugula topped off our so called light meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience.PasswordDined on 5/14/2014My wife and I arrived early and we're seated right away. The service was very good an staff were all friendly in spite of a last minute seating of an unexpected party of 20. Appetizer of calamari was great as was our pizza. Sherbet for dessert was a great finish. The wine was perfect. Highly recommend Redd Wood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreaming of cannoli!PatriciaDined on 5/14/2014I had a pizza with asparagus, pancetta, smoked mozzarella, caramelized onions & pea greens; I liked it, but I really liked what my son ordered better. He had the bucatini with tomato, guanciale & black pepper, which was really good. He had a mocha/chocolate swirl ice cream for dessert, which he said was delicious and I had the cannoli with toffee, ricotta and toasted almonds -- that was fantastic! I am dreaming of them now.Special Features:
- casual eveningsjfoodwineDined on 5/10/2014We wanted to have a casual dinner with excellent food and redwood was excellent. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. For meat lovers, the charcuterie platter is a must with house made cured meats. The garden vegetable salad was fresh and delicious. Of course don't miss out on the wood fired pizza even if you only have room for one piece. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014For mains we ordered pizzas, a featured item at this restaurant. The toppings were fine; the crust was akin to english muffin, unsatisfactory and totally unacceptable to folks who know anything about pizza. In contrast, the meatball appetizer was unusually tasty.
- Perfect after day of wine & flyingGoodEatsDined on 5/6/2014Went to Redd Wood after cross country flight and day of wine tasting in Napa. Very casual restaurant at trendy North Block hotel in Yountville. Great charcuterie and cheese platter to start, with nice little accoutrements. Waiter not the most attentive, but redeemed himself. Shared a salad and a wood fired pizza and it hit the spot. Salad was good size for two to share. Pizza was tasty with a crispy thin crust. Rest of items on menu looked good, both on paper and walking by to other tables. Dessert was a trio of cannolis (skip'em). Would 100% come back next time in Napa (go across street to Jessup Cellars for a tasting before dinner!). Want to try Redd, the fancy companion to Redd Wood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyJoe2Dined on 5/6/2014This new restaurant is lots of fun with excellent food. On a week night the noise level is not bad. The service was attentive and just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!new2rvwsDined on 5/6/2014We stumbled upon this place and were delighted! The service was exceptional - swift, kind, and very knowledgeable. And the food was excellent- mushroom pizza and asparagus burrata salad were the highlights (plus the wine).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentCoz1VIPDined on 5/4/2014We ate at some wonderful restaurants, the food and pictures of other reviewers by far outshines the actual experience. We were looking for a casual restaurant with great food, major disappointment. Pizza tasted like thick bread with toppings- not at all crisp. Salad good but too much dressing for my tastes. Chicken was pretty good. Service very slow and atmosphere not what I was looking for with all the great restaurants to choose from. This was a bust.Special Features:
- Consistantly goodfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 5/4/2014Have been here now four times, always enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- CASUAL FOR YOUNTVILLE - BUT NICEFoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 5/3/2014We started with the Fritto Misto - Calamari, gulf shrimp, lemon, fennel & parsley ($14) this was a great way to start (at the bar) with a couple of cocktails ! Then off to our table, where we started with the Burrata, lightly grilled bread, sea salt & olive oil ($13) and it was fantastic - The Pizza with Pancetta, Asparagus, Smoked Mozzarella, Caramelized Onions & Pea Greens ($16) with Egg (+ $3) was good, but not great. As another reviewer had mentioned, it had an almost English muffin like crust ?! The Butterscotch Pot De Crème with Coffee Whip ($8) was great. Unfortunately our waiter had a large table (with lot$ of wine flowing) that he was very focused on . . . so it took away from his other tables. Good food - Pizza just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any time of the dayHappyYoungNonnaDined on 5/1/2014I have had lunch and dinner here at ReddWood and delighted both times of the day. The food, yummy, and the staff very nice. A comfortable place to have a fun time, visit with friends and have delicious food. What more could you ask for? !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaDanSDined on 4/28/2014Pizza was great and the gnocchi was the best my wife has ever had. Server was awesome. Would highly recommend this place if you are looking for something a bit more casual than the norm in Yountville.Special Features:
- Nice placeJensDined on 4/26/2014I will definitely consider eating at Redd Wood again. Good food, great service, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creature of habit am I30yrNapkinVIPDined on 4/25/2014This local place has become my favorite, I tend to order the same thing over and over- I branched out this day and what a delicious experience it was. One of my favorite servers, Dee, waited on us and she was simply delightful (and the Giants swept the Indians!) and made great suggestions. The burger is NOT TO BE MISSED. Loved the beet salad with green goddess dressing as well! YUM!Special Features:
- Pizzeria Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/25/2014A lovey pizzeria / bistro in downtown Yountville. Warm, friendly staff. Of course, Richard Reddington ALWAYS gets it right. Starting with REDD down the street. Only issue is how to decide on which day! Best pizza you cannot go wrong here. Don't miss the heated olives!Special Features:
- Chicken Wings and CannoliOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014Chicken wings were amazing, especially with the Calabrian Chili Sauce! The cannoli was outstanding, best that I have ever had!Special Features:
- One of our weekend favorites!FoodieVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food is always farm to table delicious and we really enjoyed our waiter. But the hostess- she needs a to be a little more cheerful and friendly.Special Features:
- Not Really Vegan FriendlyJwfVtDined on 4/15/2014I had read a review that Redd Wood accommodated vegans. This did not turn out to be true. I had made a reservation on Open Table ahead of time stating my wife's vegan status and her allergies. To their credit, the restaurant read this & the server confirmed knowledge of it when she greeted us. However, we soon found that the chef had no desire to make any special effort (not wanting to "change the flavors of the menu"). The choices the server offered consisted mainly of removing a few ingredients from a couple of salads. Not too many choices. They have a pizza on the menu that's vegan but it's just sauce, garlic, chili flakes. Not a great pizza!. My mushroom, pancetta, spinach and red onion pizza however.... was delicious!
- Enjoyed the food, service.RoadexplorerDined on 4/14/2014Enjoyed the food, service. However, we found the music a bit loud [we had an outside table]. They did tone down the music at our request and we were able to enjoy the meat and atmosphere. Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You're gonna love the pizzaShortStuffVIPDined on 4/12/2014When we go to Napa we go to one of two places - Bouchon and Redd Wood. I will admit we are in a bit of a rut but what a rut!! Redd Wood has simply the best Italian/Napoli style pizza we have ever had. Wood-fired, quick cooked, charred perfectly with the most extraordinary ingredients. We highly recommend the Margerita pizza - the sauce is simple but delicious with a fresh, vibrant tomato flavor, the mozzarella is fresh and perfect. We always order the Burrata for an appetizer - comes with a brush of reduced, thick balsamic, olive oil and wood-fired bread/toast - simple but perfect. In fact this place is so good we hope no one else ever goes there - will leave more for us!Special Features:
- Outstanding!Din2luvDined on 4/11/2014Love it! Everything was outstanding! When in town I will make this a regular spot for me.Special Features:
- Not Redd, but still very good.ParkwayRegularVIPDined on 4/8/2014We liked Redd Wood. Our only concern was the service, which is not at Redd's level.Special Features: