6755 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redd-wood.com/
- Phone: 7072995030x
- Hours of Operation:
8 am – 10 am
11:30 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 5 pm
Sun-Thurs: 5 pm – 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 5 pm – 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
A word from Redd Wood
Centrally located in the idyllic town of Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, Redd Wood is a stylish and casual wine country outpost featuring an approachable menu of wood-fired pizzas and house-made charcuterie and pastas. The menu is complemented by a thoughtfully-curated wine list, which focuses largely on unique local wines; a larger, more encompassing reserve list is available upon request. Richard Reddington, the famed Chef of Redd, is at the helm of this new wine country pizzeria, located at the north end of Yountville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redd Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (116)great for outdoor dining (113)great for lunch (92)neighborhood gem (92)hot spot (52)good for groups (44)notable wine list (38)romantic (33)special occasion (30)kid-friendly (28)vibrant bar scene (27)great for brunch (25)late-night find (13)scenic view (8)Show More
- casual eveningsjfoodwineDined on 5/10/2014We wanted to have a casual dinner with excellent food and redwood was excellent. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. For meat lovers, the charcuterie platter is a must with house made cured meats. The garden vegetable salad was fresh and delicious. Of course don't miss out on the wood fired pizza even if you only have room for one piece. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014For mains we ordered pizzas, a featured item at this restaurant. The toppings were fine; the crust was akin to english muffin, unsatisfactory and totally unacceptable to folks who know anything about pizza. In contrast, the meatball appetizer was unusually tasty.
- Perfect after day of wine & flyingGoodEatsDined on 5/6/2014Went to Redd Wood after cross country flight and day of wine tasting in Napa. Very casual restaurant at trendy North Block hotel in Yountville. Great charcuterie and cheese platter to start, with nice little accoutrements. Waiter not the most attentive, but redeemed himself. Shared a salad and a wood fired pizza and it hit the spot. Salad was good size for two to share. Pizza was tasty with a crispy thin crust. Rest of items on menu looked good, both on paper and walking by to other tables. Dessert was a trio of cannolis (skip'em). Would 100% come back next time in Napa (go across street to Jessup Cellars for a tasting before dinner!). Want to try Redd, the fancy companion to Redd Wood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyJoe2Dined on 5/6/2014This new restaurant is lots of fun with excellent food. On a week night the noise level is not bad. The service was attentive and just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!new2rvwsDined on 5/6/2014We stumbled upon this place and were delighted! The service was exceptional - swift, kind, and very knowledgeable. And the food was excellent- mushroom pizza and asparagus burrata salad were the highlights (plus the wine).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentCoz1VIPDined on 5/4/2014We ate at some wonderful restaurants, the food and pictures of other reviewers by far outshines the actual experience. We were looking for a casual restaurant with great food, major disappointment. Pizza tasted like thick bread with toppings- not at all crisp. Salad good but too much dressing for my tastes. Chicken was pretty good. Service very slow and atmosphere not what I was looking for with all the great restaurants to choose from. This was a bust.Special Features:
- Consistantly goodfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 5/4/2014Have been here now four times, always enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- CASUAL FOR YOUNTVILLE - BUT NICEFoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 5/3/2014We started with the Fritto Misto - Calamari, gulf shrimp, lemon, fennel & parsley ($14) this was a great way to start (at the bar) with a couple of cocktails ! Then off to our table, where we started with the Burrata, lightly grilled bread, sea salt & olive oil ($13) and it was fantastic - The Pizza with Pancetta, Asparagus, Smoked Mozzarella, Caramelized Onions & Pea Greens ($16) with Egg (+ $3) was good, but not great. As another reviewer had mentioned, it had an almost English muffin like crust ?! The Butterscotch Pot De Crème with Coffee Whip ($8) was great. Unfortunately our waiter had a large table (with lot$ of wine flowing) that he was very focused on . . . so it took away from his other tables. Good food - Pizza just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any time of the dayHappyYoungNonnaDined on 5/1/2014I have had lunch and dinner here at ReddWood and delighted both times of the day. The food, yummy, and the staff very nice. A comfortable place to have a fun time, visit with friends and have delicious food. What more could you ask for? !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaDanSDined on 4/28/2014Pizza was great and the gnocchi was the best my wife has ever had. Server was awesome. Would highly recommend this place if you are looking for something a bit more casual than the norm in Yountville.Special Features:
- Nice placeJensDined on 4/26/2014I will definitely consider eating at Redd Wood again. Good food, great service, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creature of habit am I30yrNapkinVIPDined on 4/25/2014This local place has become my favorite, I tend to order the same thing over and over- I branched out this day and what a delicious experience it was. One of my favorite servers, Dee, waited on us and she was simply delightful (and the Giants swept the Indians!) and made great suggestions. The burger is NOT TO BE MISSED. Loved the beet salad with green goddess dressing as well! YUM!Special Features:
- Pizzeria Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/25/2014A lovey pizzeria / bistro in downtown Yountville. Warm, friendly staff. Of course, Richard Reddington ALWAYS gets it right. Starting with REDD down the street. Only issue is how to decide on which day! Best pizza you cannot go wrong here. Don't miss the heated olives!Special Features:
- Chicken Wings and CannoliOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014Chicken wings were amazing, especially with the Calabrian Chili Sauce! The cannoli was outstanding, best that I have ever had!Special Features:
- One of our weekend favorites!FoodieVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food is always farm to table delicious and we really enjoyed our waiter. But the hostess- she needs a to be a little more cheerful and friendly.Special Features:
- Not Really Vegan FriendlyJwfVtDined on 4/15/2014I had read a review that Redd Wood accommodated vegans. This did not turn out to be true. I had made a reservation on Open Table ahead of time stating my wife's vegan status and her allergies. To their credit, the restaurant read this & the server confirmed knowledge of it when she greeted us. However, we soon found that the chef had no desire to make any special effort (not wanting to "change the flavors of the menu"). The choices the server offered consisted mainly of removing a few ingredients from a couple of salads. Not too many choices. They have a pizza on the menu that's vegan but it's just sauce, garlic, chili flakes. Not a great pizza!. My mushroom, pancetta, spinach and red onion pizza however.... was delicious!
- Enjoyed the food, service.RoadexplorerDined on 4/14/2014Enjoyed the food, service. However, we found the music a bit loud [we had an outside table]. They did tone down the music at our request and we were able to enjoy the meat and atmosphere. Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You're gonna love the pizzaShortStuffVIPDined on 4/12/2014When we go to Napa we go to one of two places - Bouchon and Redd Wood. I will admit we are in a bit of a rut but what a rut!! Redd Wood has simply the best Italian/Napoli style pizza we have ever had. Wood-fired, quick cooked, charred perfectly with the most extraordinary ingredients. We highly recommend the Margerita pizza - the sauce is simple but delicious with a fresh, vibrant tomato flavor, the mozzarella is fresh and perfect. We always order the Burrata for an appetizer - comes with a brush of reduced, thick balsamic, olive oil and wood-fired bread/toast - simple but perfect. In fact this place is so good we hope no one else ever goes there - will leave more for us!Special Features:
- Outstanding!Din2luvDined on 4/11/2014Love it! Everything was outstanding! When in town I will make this a regular spot for me.Special Features:
- Not Redd, but still very good.ParkwayRegularVIPDined on 4/8/2014We liked Redd Wood. Our only concern was the service, which is not at Redd's level.Special Features:
- Yummy in YountvillelynchieDined on 4/6/2014Had dinner at Redd wood over the weekend, it was so good! The roasted brussel sprout and cauliflower appetizer is amazing, nicely caramelized and bursting with flavor. We split a pizza with house made pepperoni and the spaghetti carbonara. The butterscotch pot de creme was amazing as well. So good!!Special Features:
- It was Great. Best Pizza.CindyDined on 4/6/2014It was Great. Best Pizza. Wonderful place to have a nice lunch, haven't been there for dinner but I would definitely try!!!!!!Special Features:
- We'll definitely be back!MW74Dined on 3/30/2014We came for lunch last Sunday. The food was sensational as was the service, the decor and ambiance. We had the cheese board and meat selection as well as a pizza. All were beautifully prepared and presented. The food here is really excellent. The staff were all lovely but also very knowledgable. Great wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegantly Casual DiningAYV3Dined on 3/28/2014Delicious food and yummy cocktails paired with a beautifully designed restaurant. Service was very good although I never got my left over pizza(which was perfection).Special Features:
- Slow and uneven but yummy30yrNapkinVIPDined on 3/26/2014The food was slow to come out though they were not overly busy- staff is not the most attentive but the food is really good. If you are a pizza lover, order one...it's worth waiting for. And the broccoli salad is one of the best restaurant salads I have ever eaten. I have ordered at least 6 times and still am not ever sorry. The meatballs are also a huge favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was great. We satOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2014the food was great. We sat outside in a pretty courtyard. My water glass was refilled even before it was empty. My pizza was delicious. I would go back.Special Features:
- relaxedrussDined on 3/20/2014friendly- relaxed- great food and service. and not noisy which is a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the crustJohn624Dined on 3/18/2014My wife and I started out by sharing the chopped salad. It was very good. We then each had a pizza. Their pizza crust is the most authentic we've had since visiting Italy. One of the pizzas was the mushroom, pancetta. On the recommendation of the waiter, we add some sausage. It was fabulous. Nice ambience. Very good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd Wood=CharcuterieSuzGrothVIPDined on 3/17/2014Yountville is certainly the dining hub of Napa Valley, but Redd Wood stands out. Rustic, delicious, excellent service. I know it says Pizza on the window but really house made charcuterie is 'not to be missed.' Outstanding wine list, although I'd like to see a few more Napa Neighbors on that heavily Italian line-up. We are in Napa, after all.Special Features:
- Memorable LunchVinoVeritasVIPDined on 3/15/2014Our lunch started out on a very wrong foot with a bartender whose attitude was remarkably hostile and condescending. However, the rest of the staff (especially the sommelier) was wonderful and by the time we were done, we all agreed that we had just had a wonderful meal and experience. That's some real service magic. If not for the bartender's demeanor, the overall experience would have rated five stars. Of the appetizers we tried, the brussels sprouts and cauliflower was the surprise hit. Who knew that veggies could be so tasty. Both pizzas were excellent (sausage and mushroom). Our pasta dish was good, but not of the same level of excellence as the other savory items. Stick with the pizzas. Chocolate torte for dessert was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Redd gemJouvetVIPDined on 3/9/2014Chef Reddington hits another home run with this low key establishment. We loved the hot wings and broccolini. The pizza crust was wood fired and made to perfection. Enthusiastic staff, great lunch destination.Special Features:
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014The staff are well trained, and attentive. The decor is professionally done. The food and value are tough to beat. Great overall experience and much better then east bay dinning. Thought in every aspect of the restaurant is well done.Special Features:
- Fire Baked Ovens & Wine Yes, pleaseSipOnThisJuiceDined on 3/6/2014Had a lovely Kerner white wine that was an amazing find. Very cleansing. Brittany was our server and she was top notch. She knew the guest I was dining with from previous visits and chatted and was very personable. Service awesome. Food was terrific. Started with the asparagus special topped with egg...so lovely. Beautiful plating too. Next course I had the prosciutto pizza with great citrus notes and salty parmesan. Just the right amount of EVOO. By far the fave and cooked just to crispness in the fire baked oven. Brava... Chin Chin til the next visit. Sip On This Juice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingkayowieDined on 3/4/2014Given the excellence of REDD, our expectations were clearly too high. From charred pizza to inedible pasta, this place must rely on the tourists who only eat there one time. Sitting at a table for over 15 minutes before the wait staff decided who was responsible for our table should have told us something. Not saying anything about a large bowl of uneaten pasta was at least consistent.
- Awesome and Fresh!MLR5Dined on 3/2/2014This was my post marathon lunch spot and it could not have been better! Great service with quality fresh food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014This was our first time here and we can't wait to go back again. Everything we eat was so good and we really loved the atmosphere. It's a nice change the the "fancier" restaurants in Yountville. We were a group of mid-30's people from SF area and this was just our style. So good! It's definitely on the bit loud side, so if you are looking for something romantic, this may not be your choice for dinner, but they do have outdoor seating, so maybe lunch is a better option for quieter folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK at BestnapadinersDined on 2/22/2014We've dined at Redds, which is outstanding and were excited to try Redd Wood. Redd Wood is a very pretty & fun restaurant. We got seated right away at a great table. Unfortunately, the restaurant was so dark I had to use my phone flashlight to read the menu. The table next to us said they had to do the same thing. The waitress was very welcoming and offered to suggest some wines for us. Her recommendation turned out to be a $100.00 bottle which she didn't tell us was $100.00. I thought this was ridiculous and sort of terrible thing for her to do. We selected our own wine and while still pricey, it was very good - probably the best thing we had all night. The food was only OK at best. Overall a disappointment and we probably won't go back.Special Features:
- First trip and it was great!DerekODined on 2/22/2014We'd eaten at Redd and other establishments in Yountville and wanted to try another place...something a little more casual. Redd Wood hit the mark. Great food, great ambiance, helpful staff - we had a great time and would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a "Pizzeria"ChrisDined on 2/21/2014Despite the description painted on the front window, this gem in Yountville is far from a simple pizzeria. Yes they do have pizza, and it's delicious, but it is so much more. The wine list is extensive, the mixed drinks creative, and the food wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/17/2014My husband and I have yet to order something that we wouldn't give 5 stars. The food is amazing and the staff are always friendly and helpful with selecting a dish if needed. We are huge fans of Redd Wood, if you haven't gone it's definitely worth a shot. You must try the meatballs, they are the best we've ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.