6755 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redd-wood.com/
- Phone: 7072995030x
- Hours of Operation:
8 am – 10 am
11:30 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 5 pm
Sun-Thurs: 5 pm – 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 5 pm – 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
A word from Redd Wood
Centrally located in the idyllic town of Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, Redd Wood is a stylish and casual wine country outpost featuring an approachable menu of wood-fired pizzas and house-made charcuterie and pastas. The menu is complemented by a thoughtfully-curated wine list, which focuses largely on unique local wines; a larger, more encompassing reserve list is available upon request. Richard Reddington, the famed Chef of Redd, is at the helm of this new wine country pizzeria, located at the north end of Yountville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redd Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)great for outdoor dining (110)neighborhood gem (92)great for lunch (91)hot spot (51)good for groups (43)notable wine list (38)romantic (33)special occasion (30)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (28)great for brunch (26)late-night find (13)scenic view (8)Show More
- food was very good althoughMyjackDined on 3/4/2012food was very good although the decor is very nice the restaurant is very dark and could use some additional lighting service was very goodSpecial Features:
- First time to Redd Wood andMomskitchen54VIPDined on 3/4/2012First time to Redd Wood and we loved it! We snacked on their pork terrine, roasted brussels sprouts/cauliflower, and devoured the lardo pizza! Delicous Kerner on the menu - paired well with the entire menu. Service was very good too. We dined early on the patio -nice way to end the weekend.Special Features:
- Good Food, spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/4/2012Very tasty salad + excellent pizza, but somewhat spotty service. Our waiter forgot to bring us our wine order, and our pizza came out much later than a table next to us who arrived well after us. Our waiter apologized for the mistake but wasted a few chances to make up for it (by not being attentive) - I'm guessing he was pretty inexperienced (or he was pre-occupied with something else).
- Surprisingly the pizza margaritaETfoodieVIPDined on 3/4/2012Surprisingly the pizza margarita was just ok. I've had better pies in the valley. The pasta was delightful as was the salad and dessert. Our waiter got distracted at the end of the service and practically ignored us. We finally had to ask for our leftovers and he didn't even say thank you.
- If the food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/3/2012If the food and service were that good, then why only 3 stars? Well, we waited 40 minutes past our reservation time to be seated. However, once we were seated, the food and service were wonderful. The pizza with prosciutto, asparagus was fantastic. The wings were also great, but I prefer the more sophisticated asian style wings at Redd. Desserts need a little work, but were very good. All in all, we would go back and try it again... but next time we'll have a back up reservation somewhere else just in case.
- The service and the food atOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2012The service and the food at Redd Wood are excellent. Try a shared pizza to start, and then move into the menu for an outstanding pasta selection. Desserts are exceptional as well. On the downside, it's a noisy place and conversations are difficult. And the corkage is unreasonably high at $25. Even if you buy a whole case from the wine list, it's still $25 if you want to open a bottle you bring. I felt gouged on that.Special Features:
- It's nice to see YountvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/1/2012It's nice to see Yountville getting more casual. This is more than just a pizza play-- excellent and inventive fresh salads, beautiful pastas and try the big dishes.Special Features:
- UnmemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/24/2012For a so-called pizza place the pizza options are limited and mediocre. My friend's fish dish was good. Brussels good. Best thing we ate: The caesar salad - awesome. Had a great white wine for a reasonable price (bottle). Lighting in the restaurant: horrible. We needed flashlights to view the menu. Once again I am completely underwhelmed by this chef and his endeavors. Go for the frenetic pace in the bar and skip the restaurant.Special Features:
- A very welcome addition toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/24/2012A very welcome addition to Yountville. Menu is still evolving, well worth trying.Special Features:
- A good dining experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2012A good dining experience, but I think the restaurant is still finding its legs and will continue to get betterSpecial Features:
- You need to try thisNaparedVIPDined on 2/23/2012My 3rd time here since it opened and I continue to love it! Though I live in Napa, with many good restaurants so don't need to leave town, Redd Wood is worth the drive. Excellent pastas and salads. Not a pizza eater but there's a great selection and they look wonderful. Richard Reddington certainly knows what he's doing and has put a great team together to make this one of the Valley's best.Special Features:
- Nothing special. The staffOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/20/2012Nothing special. The staff got our pizza order wrong. They did offer to take it off the bill however we declined and ate it any way. Being a local whose wife works in the industry they would wave the exorbitant corkage fee of $25! Next time I want pizza I'll go to Ca Momi at the Oxbow.
- Needs work on customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/20/2012Service was horrible. It was a slower time 2pm on Monday. It took over 15 minutes to get our drinks. I could have walked to a market faster than that. Once the pizza came we asked for salt, pepper, chili flakes, the waiter never came back and never brought them. He came back 2o+ minutes later with the check. Never once did he check on us during our meal if we needed another drink, etc. we were stuck back in the corner room. Seems to be the 'out of sight and mind' room. We won't be going back.
- Exceeded expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/19/2012We made reservations without being familiar with the chef and without hearing or reading reviews. We were pleasantly surprised. Everything exceeded our expectations. The food was fantastic. Wine selection was great. The service was the best part. Our server was witty, knowledgeable, funny, and made the experience great. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Love this new addition toOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/19/2012Love this new addition to Yountville!! We had a great lunch for a decent price. Would definitely come again!!Special Features:
- Sat inside on a chilly dayGoodeatsVIPDined on 2/18/2012Sat inside on a chilly day but it was just as cold inside as well with dark and cool decor. Took at least 10 minutes to be greeted by our server and then another15 minutes to get my hot tea. They do offer tasting of wine before getting a whole glass. Overall the food was delicious but service was poor and not very attentive. It's a new restaurant finding its groove and I am sure that will improve with time. Just bring some warm clothes for the not too cozy atmosphere. Bottega is a better bet for great Italian food and service just down the street.Special Features:
- Napa Valley's Newest GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Redd Wood not only met, but far exceeded my expectations. While the restaurant is billed as casual dinning, the quality and level of service matched my prior experiences at luxury Napa Valley locations; i.e., Meadowood and Auberge du Soleil. The menu was more than interesting and varied and the quality of each course, as I tried a dish from each menu section, even exceeded what I have always expected from Chef Richard Reddington's kitchens. While the vibe overall was energetic, I never felt rushed or overwhelmed by the scene or the noise level (we could talk in normal conversational levels). What a great new addition to the Yountville and Napa Valley food scene. Kudos to Richard, Nick and the staff at Redd Wood ... well done! ... CorkSpecial Features:
- Kind of trendy typical wineOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/16/2012Kind of trendy typical wine country place. Pizzas were good,dessert was great. Service was excellent. seemed way overstaffed though. Pretty noisy. Outrageous corkage fee and over priced wine list.
- Amazing addition to YountvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/15/2012Who would have thought that the town that has it all didn't really have it all? Redd Wood is becoming one of our new local favorites. Combine great, fun food at a reasonable price with a comfortable, stylish feel ... well, what else could you ask for? Personally I suggest the cheeseless tomato pizza (I know that sounds wrong but trust me) and the malt sundae.Special Features:
- Had a great time with wonderfulWallyDined on 2/15/2012Had a great time with wonderful food and service. Will go back when we are over in the wine country again.Special Features:
- Redd Wood is Richard Reddington'sluvItalianVIPDined on 2/14/2012Redd Wood is Richard Reddington's newest restaurant, and like Redd, the food is outstanding, great pizzas, great pastas, excellent secundis, all that you would expect in an Italian themed restaurant. The general manager, Nick, just came from ad hoc, so he is well schooled in what makes a great dining environment, great service and a fun, energenic bar scene. This restaurant is the ultimate NOYO (north yountville) scene. Not to be missed for great food and great fun.Special Features:
- Very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/12/2012Food was ok, not great. Tried to hard to be "cool".
- The menu featured outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/12/2012The menu featured outstanding appetizers, especially the octopus and the mussels. The flat breads were good but not outstanding. The cannoli were absolute tops. The Meyer lemon dessert tasted great but could use a better presentation as it sort of spread out on the plate. The staff was well trained and I noticed some people from Redd. Recommend Redd Wood and will be back.Special Features:
- What a great addition to YountvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/11/2012What a great addition to Yountville! The charred pizzas are perfect cooked. The one with Brussels sprouts and cotto is one I would order again and again. The charcuterie platter was excellent and came with pickled vegetables, mustards and a great mostarda. The lardo and the pork skin were memorable. The restaurant decor is simple and unique. The waiter told us the chandelier used to be a buoy.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed this laidOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/10/2012I really enjoyed this laid back dinner at Redd Wood. Relaxed atmosphere, not pretentious. Menu is complete but not overwhelming, good selection with unique items. I was not rushed or hurried and the staff was professional and polite. Dinner was delightful, will be back!Special Features:
- Very busy restaurant! HadWinoVIPDined on 2/10/2012Very busy restaurant! Had a reservation and still had to wait 15 minutes to be seated, Hostess and Host just told us to wait as many tables refused to leave after they finished Lunch! HUH????Special Features:
- Thought it was great...goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2012Thought it was great...good atmosphere, good food, good time.Special Features:
- awesome burger served afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2012awesome burger served after 10pm - we had it for dessert. the bone marrow served with the rib eye was really nice.Special Features:
- The place was humming evenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/7/2012The place was humming even on a cold and wet Tuesday night inclduing a spatter of local celebreties. Ask for the bread to soak up the juices from the excellent duck and mushroom gnocchi. Pear and gorgonzola salad was full of flavor. A welcome casual addition to the Yountville scene.Special Features:
- tomato pieshappygirlVIPDined on 2/4/2012We enjoyed the tomato pies & tortellini along with misc. appetizers & sides. Skipped out on wine, but they have a decent list of beers to choose from. Despite how busy restaurant was, staff was friendly & attentive.Special Features:
- Service was marginal, butfoodie2Dined on 2/2/2012Service was marginal, but they did have a someone other than our server making wine suggestions and his recommendations were very good. Corkage of $25.00 for the first bottle and $50.00 for the second is excessive given we are in Napa Valley. A little pricey for what you get given that this is described as "casual".
- As with most Napa restaurants,BBdinerDined on 1/30/2012As with most Napa restaurants, there's a certain amount of time needed to work out the kinks. The hostess forgot to give us menus when she sat us. Our server short-poured us on 3 glasses of wine and we had to say something when the sommelier poured a lot more than our server did. The food was stellar and the ambiance was great. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- RemarkableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012Food was remarkable! For the table...salads and margarita pizza came out quick, delicious; then oxtail (done to perfection) & papparadelle w/ rabbit & sage (beautiful flavor); service at the bar and table was attentive and extremely knowledgable for their 3rd night open; nice wine list, $25 corkage; stylish but a bit noisy; outside seating in the summer will be an impossible table to get! Chef Redd does it again.Special Features:
- Setting is casual howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/29/2012Setting is casual however the food could very well be a 3 star restaurant. It's a great alternative to fine dining yet affordable and casual, fantastic.Special Features:
- Too loud due to noise bouncingBeachBlondeVIPDined on 1/29/2012Too loud due to noise bouncing off of hard surfaces.Special Features:
- Uncomfortable wooden seating.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/29/2012Uncomfortable wooden seating. Too dark to read the menu. Better entrance needed - with rugs or something.Special Features:
- A wonderful evening of greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/28/2012A wonderful evening of great wine and fantastic food. Definitely consider this for your evening in Napa Valley!Special Features:
- Danielle was the most amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012Danielle was the most amazing server I've ever had, what a sweetheart. John Quinn is outstanding as well.Special Features:
- Great and fresh food. FromdiningfoolVIPDined on 1/28/2012Great and fresh food. From the table snacks to the pastas...all were wonderful. The only issues that we had: There is no waiting space for patrons hoping/waiting for a table. Therefore they spilled into the dining area...next to your table. Not a comfortable situation. Second issue is that the pace seemed a little rushed....would have liked to have seen a little pause between courses. Really appreciated the little "snacks" that came from the kitchen for us to sample...nice touch.Special Features:
- Wine list poorly organizedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/27/2012Wine list poorly organized and confused. Wines by the glass very poor value. Overall good variety on the menu but need to expand the entree section. Pasta and pizza choices were unique and tasty however.Special Features: