6755 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redd-wood.com/
- Phone: 7072995030x
- Hours of Operation:
8 am – 10 am
11:30 am – 3 pm
3 pm – 5 pm
Sun-Thurs: 5 pm – 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 5 pm – 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
A word from Redd Wood
Centrally located in the idyllic town of Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, Redd Wood is a stylish and casual wine country outpost featuring an approachable menu of wood-fired pizzas and house-made charcuterie and pastas. The menu is complemented by a thoughtfully-curated wine list, which focuses largely on unique local wines; a larger, more encompassing reserve list is available upon request. Richard Reddington, the famed Chef of Redd, is at the helm of this new wine country pizzeria, located at the north end of Yountville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redd Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)great for outdoor dining (107)neighborhood gem (88)great for lunch (81)hot spot (55)good for groups (53)notable wine list (41)vibrant bar scene (34)romantic (29)kid-friendly (24)special occasion (23)great for brunch (21)late-night find (14)scenic view (4)Show More
- Chef RR and GM Nick have itChefGiovanniVIPDined on 4/1/2012Chef RR and GM Nick have it all going on ; daring Southern Italian Menu , comfortable dining room , piazza setting for Al Fresco dining , great bar and plenty of free parking. I'm always on the lookout for cuisine reminiscent of my family's hometown of Naples Italy , and Redd Wood satisfies my Neopoletan appetite . I suggest you go with a group , turn the place into a Tapas Restaurant , and order one of very item on the menu for everyone to try.Redd Wood is a unique and important addition the the Napa Valley dining scene. Welcome to the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Go for the Amazing Food.Flowergirl53Dined on 3/31/2012My husband and I loved Redd Wood. We had a spring gems salad and every bite was delicious. The dressing was just right. The pork head terrine was outstanding. The pork was spicy and the combination of sweet, salty and tart flavors was unbeatable. I had the grilled snapper, and the fava bean tapanade was a winner. The tapanade had a rich, velvety texture, was vibrant green, and tasted delightfully meyer lemon infused. The snapper was cooked to perfection, and the artichokes added a taste and textural balance to the dish. My husband had the sausage pizza and it was hot, spicy and oozing with smoky cheese. Our waiter was a professional young man, who served us well. The only down side was the LOUD MUSIC. The acoustics are terrible.Special Features:
- we did not like the vibe.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/31/2012we did not like the vibe. Nickel/Dime type of place. Will not return. Good luck!
- My wife and I ate at ReddOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/30/2012My wife and I ate at Redd Wood recently. The meat ball appetizer and the arancini appetizer were quite good. My wife had the pappardelle with rabbit which she enjoyed. I had the veal breast with saffron risotto. It was over the top salty. The veal breast was very fatty and the risotto was swimming in fat. The butterscotch semifreddo too was quite good. Napa Valley locals have lots of choices and if we go back we would stick to appetizers and a pizza.Special Features:
- A new favorite in Yountville..OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 3/25/2012We were glad to have gotten a same day reservation. The Caeser salad was awesome, Steak for 2 was enough for 3 and truly fabulous. Charcuterie plate was also great. Our server was very accomodating and was able to find vanilla ice cream so that my husband and I could have the Sundae dessert (they had run out of the featured flavor). We didn't get a chance to have their signature pizza for dinner as we really wanted the steak...so we will return to try them!Special Features:
- Ordered the cauliflower andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Ordered the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. Got one Brussels sprout. Every dish including the pizza was too salty. Waiter was irritating in his tone and demeanor. Overall nice energetic vibe with industrial decor, but food wise was disappointing.Special Features:
- We came in for an early lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2012We came in for an early lunch and really enjoyed the two pizzas we tried. The amuse bouche of meatballs had a very tasty sauce. Really enjoyed he decor. Liked the glass separating the bar area. Looking forward to coming back to try more of the menu. Wine list looked great but didn't get a chance to sample anything yet.Special Features:
- $25 corkage PER bottle inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012$25 corkage PER bottle in the Napa Valley, for 2 Napa Valley wines, is pretty steep, especially for a "pizza place" upscale as it may be. I can see that kind of charge at REDD, but when most of your entress at REDD-WOOD are not even $25... way too high.Special Features:
- Actually liked the predecessorOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2012Actually liked the predecessor better (Cantineta Pietro). It was okay...nothing that wowed us.
- Delicious Pizzas etc.FoodieVIPDined on 3/23/2012We went for lunch and had the best spring salad and a delicious pizza. All of the staff was quite attentive. Only suggestion would be to put more meat on the pizza.Special Features:
- Excellent -- can't wait toLike2dineoutVIPDined on 3/22/2012Excellent -- can't wait to go back. Outstanding pizza.Special Features:
- We went for lunch and throughlytopsweeperVIPDined on 3/22/2012We went for lunch and throughly enjoyed this more casual offshoot of Redd. Everything looked delicious, but we decided on the meaball submarine. An Excellent selection. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Upscale and Comfortable Town GemJTEaterDined on 3/19/2012A beautifully designed restaurant with modern interior to accompany a modern Italian/California menu. Light fare such as appetizers, salads, soup, pasta and pizza comprise the majority of the menu. The atmosphere feels relaxed and comfortable. My appetizer, pasta and side vegetables were delicious.Special Features:
- Food had highlights (fritoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2012Food had highlights (frito misto & prosciutto cotoo/farm egg pie) & average moments (RW hot dog). Just our luck that everyone EXCEPT our waiter displayed exceptional professionalism, attitude & knowledge.Special Features:
- The potato gnocchi, duck leg,StephenVIPDined on 3/15/2012The potato gnocchi, duck leg, rosemary, olives with pancetta was one of the best things I've ever eaten! Fantastic pizza too. Thanks Reddwood!Special Features:
- Worth the BuzzIrenVIPDined on 3/12/2012We're locals and live within walking distance of the restaurant. We walk by it often and looks like it has really caught on with locals and tourists alike. But, that is expected from a new restaurant opened by a great chef, in a famous restaurant town. But we feel the buzz is well placed. Tasty food with great ingredients and a super staff. We found that it was our server's 2nd day on the job. Wow! Everyone on the staff was very friendly, The DOO Nick, introduced himself to us, the hostess smiled all evening and the kitchen staff seemed like they were having a good time too (open kitchen). All in all, worth a visit for sure.Special Features:
- Richard Reddington has scoredcritDined on 3/11/2012Richard Reddington has scored another winner! Everything about Redd Wood is outstanding! Best salad we have ever had was the spring vegetable salad. Pizzas are out of this world and desserts are worth an extra pound. It appears this is an instant hit, as well it should be!!Special Features:
- Nothing to shake a stick at!!Jeezelouise1VIPDined on 3/10/2012Redd's recent blockbuster of a casual place to eat in the North Side of Yountville, a place to see and be seen. I view this establishment as a fun, light, accessible place for guests who have enjoyed eating at Redd just a few blocks away. Envision what Ad Hoc is to French Laundry, Redd Wood is to Redd, however, a whole lot more on the menu to choose from.Special Features:
- Upon walking in, it's clearOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2012Upon walking in, it's clear to see the look they were going for (Farmstead in St. Helena meets Rotisserie in Napa). They did a great job, but it felt very dark even with large windows. The food, however, surprised me! I thought it was going to be a pricey alternative to Redd's, but it was reasonable for what you got. The food was delicious. There are 3 arancini fritters, so order more if you have an even number in your party--they are too good to share. We also enjoyed a rustic pizza with garlic, anchovy, Pecorino, capers, and chillies. Amazing blend of flavors to make for a delightful lunch! I only beg that they get different champagne flutes. They need stems to not touch and warm the wine!Special Features:
- This restaurant came withOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2012This restaurant came with a lot of hype. At best it was OK. Definitely got off on the wrong foot because we had to wait over 20 minutes after our reservation for our table. Apparently it is not standard procedure to offer the wine list with the menus and the wine by the glass on the menu was not impressive. There is a lot of great dining in the area, Redd Wood is not in the same category.
- Nice addition to YountvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/7/2012As a local I was happy to see this new addition to our neighborhood. The food is a mixture of Italian flair, new and old world. I highly recommend the salads and the wood oven baked pizza.Special Features:
- I am a long time customerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2012I am a long time customer of Red's and was eager to try your new restaurant. I found the wine selections limited and expensive for the quality. The salad was wonderful, the pizza was good, but the crust was a little tough and came to the table uncut, so it was a deal trying to knife through it. Our server was lovely and attentive. I believe her name is Angela, and she did a nice job of attending to us in a crowded situation. Now, even though I liked the energy at Redd Wood, the noise level is more appropriate for customers who thrive on text messaging and being seen. i do prefer Red for intimate conversation, even though more pricey.I don't know if the noise level is fixableSpecial Features:
- My husband and I ate hereLowenherzDined on 3/4/2012My husband and I ate here for dinner on March 4th and love it. They say they are a pizzeria but they are much more than that! We tried the cured meats as a starter, he had a pizza and I had the rabbit pasta dish as our main meal. Everything tasted great! The portion sizes are just right too. No to small and not so big that you over eat. We will definitely visit again when we are in town.Special Features:
- food was very good althoughMyjackDined on 3/4/2012food was very good although the decor is very nice the restaurant is very dark and could use some additional lighting service was very goodSpecial Features:
- First time to Redd Wood andMomskitchen54VIPDined on 3/4/2012First time to Redd Wood and we loved it! We snacked on their pork terrine, roasted brussels sprouts/cauliflower, and devoured the lardo pizza! Delicous Kerner on the menu - paired well with the entire menu. Service was very good too. We dined early on the patio -nice way to end the weekend.Special Features:
- Good Food, spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/4/2012Very tasty salad + excellent pizza, but somewhat spotty service. Our waiter forgot to bring us our wine order, and our pizza came out much later than a table next to us who arrived well after us. Our waiter apologized for the mistake but wasted a few chances to make up for it (by not being attentive) - I'm guessing he was pretty inexperienced (or he was pre-occupied with something else).
- Surprisingly the pizza margaritaETfoodieVIPDined on 3/4/2012Surprisingly the pizza margarita was just ok. I've had better pies in the valley. The pasta was delightful as was the salad and dessert. Our waiter got distracted at the end of the service and practically ignored us. We finally had to ask for our leftovers and he didn't even say thank you.
- If the food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/3/2012If the food and service were that good, then why only 3 stars? Well, we waited 40 minutes past our reservation time to be seated. However, once we were seated, the food and service were wonderful. The pizza with prosciutto, asparagus was fantastic. The wings were also great, but I prefer the more sophisticated asian style wings at Redd. Desserts need a little work, but were very good. All in all, we would go back and try it again... but next time we'll have a back up reservation somewhere else just in case.
- The service and the food atOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2012The service and the food at Redd Wood are excellent. Try a shared pizza to start, and then move into the menu for an outstanding pasta selection. Desserts are exceptional as well. On the downside, it's a noisy place and conversations are difficult. And the corkage is unreasonably high at $25. Even if you buy a whole case from the wine list, it's still $25 if you want to open a bottle you bring. I felt gouged on that.Special Features:
- It's nice to see YountvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/1/2012It's nice to see Yountville getting more casual. This is more than just a pizza play-- excellent and inventive fresh salads, beautiful pastas and try the big dishes.Special Features:
- UnmemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/24/2012For a so-called pizza place the pizza options are limited and mediocre. My friend's fish dish was good. Brussels good. Best thing we ate: The caesar salad - awesome. Had a great white wine for a reasonable price (bottle). Lighting in the restaurant: horrible. We needed flashlights to view the menu. Once again I am completely underwhelmed by this chef and his endeavors. Go for the frenetic pace in the bar and skip the restaurant.Special Features:
- A very welcome addition toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/24/2012A very welcome addition to Yountville. Menu is still evolving, well worth trying.Special Features:
- A good dining experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2012A good dining experience, but I think the restaurant is still finding its legs and will continue to get betterSpecial Features:
- You need to try thisNaparedVIPDined on 2/23/2012My 3rd time here since it opened and I continue to love it! Though I live in Napa, with many good restaurants so don't need to leave town, Redd Wood is worth the drive. Excellent pastas and salads. Not a pizza eater but there's a great selection and they look wonderful. Richard Reddington certainly knows what he's doing and has put a great team together to make this one of the Valley's best.Special Features:
- Nothing special. The staffOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/20/2012Nothing special. The staff got our pizza order wrong. They did offer to take it off the bill however we declined and ate it any way. Being a local whose wife works in the industry they would wave the exorbitant corkage fee of $25! Next time I want pizza I'll go to Ca Momi at the Oxbow.
- Needs work on customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/20/2012Service was horrible. It was a slower time 2pm on Monday. It took over 15 minutes to get our drinks. I could have walked to a market faster than that. Once the pizza came we asked for salt, pepper, chili flakes, the waiter never came back and never brought them. He came back 2o+ minutes later with the check. Never once did he check on us during our meal if we needed another drink, etc. we were stuck back in the corner room. Seems to be the 'out of sight and mind' room. We won't be going back.
- Exceeded expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/19/2012We made reservations without being familiar with the chef and without hearing or reading reviews. We were pleasantly surprised. Everything exceeded our expectations. The food was fantastic. Wine selection was great. The service was the best part. Our server was witty, knowledgeable, funny, and made the experience great. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Love this new addition toOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/19/2012Love this new addition to Yountville!! We had a great lunch for a decent price. Would definitely come again!!Special Features:
- Sat inside on a chilly dayGoodeatsVIPDined on 2/18/2012Sat inside on a chilly day but it was just as cold inside as well with dark and cool decor. Took at least 10 minutes to be greeted by our server and then another15 minutes to get my hot tea. They do offer tasting of wine before getting a whole glass. Overall the food was delicious but service was poor and not very attentive. It's a new restaurant finding its groove and I am sure that will improve with time. Just bring some warm clothes for the not too cozy atmosphere. Bottega is a better bet for great Italian food and service just down the street.Special Features:
- Napa Valley's Newest GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Redd Wood not only met, but far exceeded my expectations. While the restaurant is billed as casual dinning, the quality and level of service matched my prior experiences at luxury Napa Valley locations; i.e., Meadowood and Auberge du Soleil. The menu was more than interesting and varied and the quality of each course, as I tried a dish from each menu section, even exceeded what I have always expected from Chef Richard Reddington's kitchens. While the vibe overall was energetic, I never felt rushed or overwhelmed by the scene or the noise level (we could talk in normal conversational levels). What a great new addition to the Yountville and Napa Valley food scene. Kudos to Richard, Nick and the staff at Redd Wood ... well done! ... CorkSpecial Features: