228 Main Street
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mkvalenciarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2013730228
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Saturday: 11:00am- 2:30pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeremiah Echeandia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering options are available.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful wine cellar is available for parties of 10-15.
Our main dining area can accomodate larger groups.
- Private Party Contact: Monica F 2013730228
A word from MK Valencia
Combining the amazing decor from CKC Design and a diverse and elegant menu from Chef Matthew Gavzie, MK Valencia is a taste of Manhattan dining in Ridgefield Park NJ.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MK Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Usually Nice, but not this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Let me start by saying we love this Restaurant. We have been there many times for dinner or even just appetizers. The food is always good. The service is always excellent and it is actually a good value. Not this time. We went for Mother's Day brunch and we were very disappointed. The food was a huge step down from its normal fare. Aside from the decent raw bar, the food was all wither overcooked or just not very good. The prices were inflated by an extra $10 due to the day and service was not nearly as good as it usually is. We will be back, but probably not for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/1/2013Recently had a birthday celebration at MK Valencia and it was GREAT! First, the restaurant is beautiful. The decor, the architecture and the combination of textures is unique. Very relaxing, yet elegant. Five of us ordered three appetizers and five entrees. Each dish was delicious. The seafood and fish were fresh and perfectly prepared. The wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable and fun. All the dishes were beautifully presented and not one of us had a single issue with any part of it. It was truly a perfect dinner party! Thank you!Special Features:
- nice restaurant. 3rd timeLynbrook26VIPDined on 4/27/2013nice restaurant. 3rd time we were there... don't know why it isn't busier?! food is nice but 2 people in our party complained that there entre was too salty!! And your bartender didn't know how to make a GIMLET!Special Features:
- Over all the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013Over all the restaurant was good, spacious seating, low lights, however my entree and salad not so good. I ordered the cesear salad which was watery and my tuna which I asked for rare was well done. The other three in my party seemed to have ordered more satisfactory entrees that I. The mussels appetizer was very good, as was the chicken and skirt steak, howeve the lasagna was a bit rich, made with a creamy red sauce.Special Features:
- Ridgefield Park SurpriseDebgatos1Dined on 3/31/2013Went to MK Valencia for Easter Dinner. The restaurant is beautiful. Very modern and sleek. The bar area is pretty with its faux fireplace! The food was excellent. The warm mushroom appetizer was delicious. The short rib entree was very good. Try the sampler dessert, the cheesecake was a standout. Service was excellent. It was a pleasant surprise to have a Manhattan-like dining experience in quaint little Ridgefield Park.Special Features:
- A midtown NYC restaurant inAnchormanVIPDined on 3/30/2013A midtown NYC restaurant in a surprising place. Gets a bit noisy, but the food makes it worth it - although once in a while, there's a bit of a disappointment but it's addressed quickly. We will return.Special Features:
- Talk about a neighborhoodDfromDelawareVIPDined on 3/27/2013Talk about a neighborhood gem - this spot was simply outstand and they also offer special on wine tasting in the bar on certain nights of the week ~ I had the short ribs and the duck spring rolls - I recommend both highly - I only wish that I had room for dessert but the portions are so ample I could not find any way to squeeze dessert in to this fabulous meal - the service was excellent and also very friendly! Be sure to give this place a try - you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Work in progress...Julesofdining07020Dined on 2/2/2013Our first visit...not what we expected! As you walk in, the place strikes you as a high end NY restaurant. The decor is impecable, from the hanging framed fireplace to the very comfortable and oversized booths. Service was good, but not great! Our server seemed somewhat familiarized with the menu, but sometimes gave us the impression he has not tasted some of the items. Additionally, he kept carrying the pepper mill under his arm!! Not good, this front of the house service 101. Now for the food part, too expensive for the quality serve. Oh, and they should get rid of the stale bread! Maybe we will try the patio in the summer...Maybe!
- Give your review a title (optional)GOLF4EVERVIPDined on 1/26/2013NICE DECORATIONS INSIDE THE RESTAURANT, BUT FOOD IS MARGINAL AND SERVICE IS NOT THAT GREAT. LONG WAY TO GO TO BE A REAL RESTAURANT
- NYE- it was good, but someOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2012NYE- it was good, but some of the food was cold when served.
- Nice menu with something forbarbara960VIPDined on 12/29/2012Nice menu with something for everyone. Well prepared dishes. Very reasonable wine list. Markedly improved in terms of service from our last visit. Recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent entrees. So glad2forgoodfoodDined on 12/26/2012Excellent entrees. So glad they added the Caesar salad to the menu. Lovely desserts.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andNiceDined on 12/22/2012The food was excellent and the place was interesting. However, I thought it would be more energetic and have more of a fun crowd.Special Features:
- A Perfect Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/16/2012The food was incredible as well as the service. The Chef came out to greet us. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Not As Good As the First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2012The ambiance of the restaurant is nice, but unfortunately I went for brunch, and brunch is not really what I found when I got there. They had a buffet of food sitting out, which I was not at all interested in. Going for a plated dinner might be nicer, but at this point, I'm not really interested.Aside: I went when the restaurant first opened and they had a proper brunch, which was delicious. A lot of my rating is just disappointment that they changed their brunch to buffet style. Also, if they're going to keep doing buffet brunch, they should tell people that when they walk in, so they don't sit down expecting to be served.
- a sliced steak sandwich, whichSteladelaVIPDined on 12/14/2012a sliced steak sandwich, which came with tremendous pieces of grizzle, was taken back and the chef came out to apologize. food otherwise was delicious, as usual.Special Features:
- Why in Ridgefield Park?GorgeousDined on 12/8/2012After hearing good reviews about this place we finally made it over there. That's the problem. It's not in a very nice neighborhood. It's pretty far from home. It's a very pretty place and if it was in my area, we would def go back. Food was good and the waiter was charming and nice. The place was half empty on a Saturday night which is never good. It has a bar/lounge which was empty. Put this place in Englewood or Cresskill and it would be packed! If you live nearby , GO!! For us, if we have a drink with dinner, we don't like to drive too far, so we won't be going back.Special Features:
- BIG MISTAKELynbrook26VIPDined on 12/1/20122nd time we ;ve been to this lovely restaurant. we came all the way from Long Island.... Restaurant not particularly busy on a saturday nite, surprisingly! We asked if they would seat us at 1 of the many booths they have cause our table wasn't particularly great..they told us they are ALL reserved! OK....well, by the time we left (around 9:30) only 1 was occupied!! When we left I brought it to their attention & the Hostess said they ALL cancelled!! REALLY????? Thats NOT the way to treat a repeat patron! May NOT go back for quite a while!!! TSKTSKTSKSpecial Features:
- MK Valencia - a neiborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2012Excellent food and service. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- The staff is very friendly..it'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/19/2012The staff is very friendly..it's a nice neighborhood place!Special Features:
- Excellent food---creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 11/17/2012Excellent food---creative and skillfully prepared. Great atmosphere...a real gem in an area with little to offer but Italian food. My only criticism was the wine list which needs much more variety and refinement.
- Delicious meal, really accommodatinOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/17/2012Delicious meal, really accommodating waiter. A bit noisy, but what do you expect on Saturday night?
- the service was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012the service was exceptional and the food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, generous portions,Dave1VIPDined on 10/19/2012Excellent food, generous portions, great service. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Pasta was excellent!! MetOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/4/2012Pasta was excellent!! Met the owner, very friendly. Will def go again and again!Special Features:
- Very good and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012Very good and interesting food. Great service but too noisy to have a conversation easily.Special Features:
- As soon as we arrived, wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012As soon as we arrived, were ushered to the bar--told that our table wasn't ready. The restaurant was EMPTY but we were put at the bar. What a ploy!!!!! Noise level is horrific! Food & service were good This isn't Manhattan, so don't push it. Too many good restaueants around to rush back here!!!!!!
- This was our first visit toBobnMareDined on 9/29/2012This was our first visit to MK Valencia and we were very pleased with our dining experience. The ambience, the service, and the food exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- Style vs. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Before I start let me preface my personal review by saying MK Valencia ia a welcome addition to the southern Bergen County restaraunt scene and certainly an exceptional addition to the Ridgefield Park NJ Main Street eateries. It adds a touch of class. Now the critique: The apetizers are always exceptional especially anything to do with shrimp and crab. They nail it. The entrees are artful and well presented but not spectacular which you would expect for the stylish package I've explained above. The service is MK's downfall. At first I attributed the poor quality to staff inexperience but after several months there's barely any improvment (1/2 hour to find a bottle of house wine, 15 minutes to get a salt shaker). Unacceptable.Special Features:
- This was my fourth time hereRobynslp95VIPDined on 9/15/2012This was my fourth time here and was disappointed that there still is not a new wine menu (even though each time we come it is on the way.) Menu is consitent since it opened, love the homemade pasta and trio of creme brulee. The outdoor patio was beautiful for a quiet dinner with another couple , inside was pretty loud with many 20 something patrons. I also thought it odd they were completely out of the raw bar by 8pm , also didn't have veal milanese and another menu standard. I keep going hoping it gets better because it is such a pretty place and has potential but is missing the wow factor. My advice - start a chefs tasting menu with wine pairings and get that wine list you've been promising .Special Features:
- This was the second time weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2012This was the second time we went to MK Vallencia. The food as was the first visit was outstanding.Special Features:
- MK Valencia Stands Out!kaybeeVIPDined on 9/10/2012Beautiful restaurant - very chic! Food and service was wonderful!Special Features:
- Went on a quiet night, satOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2012Went on a quiet night, sat on the patio, we had our one year old with us, very nice evening.
- This was our third visit toJanetDined on 8/30/2012This was our third visit to MK Valencia and it did to disappoint. The food was wonderful; the wine excellent and the service attentive with some small lapses. The thing I love about the restaurant is that is an experience rather than just a meal.
- Food is great.bthis is ourPeriDined on 8/25/2012Food is great.bthis is our fourth time back this summer.Special Features:
- Very interesting food, presentedTankDined on 8/18/2012Very interesting food, presented in an artistic way, with great just-right attentive service.Special Features:
- food and decor was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012food and decor was very good .However, menu is too pricey and charging New York prices in an area such as this will not sustain it in the long run...Special Features:
- One of the Best in Bergen County1njgalVIPDined on 8/8/2012Four of us had a wonderful dining experience....this was my second time and my friend's first time. The sesame tuna was fabulous...as were the seafood dishes that we all ordered that evening. The mushroom risotto was outstanding. This is a terrific restaurant and it could easily be located in NYC. The service is very attentive...and overall, MKValencia comes highly recommended.Special Features:
- It was our second visit toBabsVIPDined on 8/5/2012It was our second visit to MK Valencia and again we enjoyed it very much! The menu is varied,three people had pasta,one pork chops,all excellent! We met the owner,Kim and he treated us to after dinner drinks. Definitely would return.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I had anOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2012My boyfriend and I had an excellent dinner there on Saturday night for his birthday. The grilled mushroom appetizer was delicious as was the scallop appetizer. Hanger steak dinner was cooked perfectly. The only slightly disappointing dish was the fresh pasta with crab. It was under seasoned and slightly bland. I highly recommend this restaurant for a nice meal without needing to go into the city. The service wasn't great which was disappointing since they weren't too busy.