510 Atlantic Ave.
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.intercontinentalboston.com/
- Phone: 6172175151x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Breakfast: 6:30am -11:00am
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Breakfast: 6:30am -11:00am
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining is offered in our Olive Oil Cellar, this unique space seats 18 guests with a chandelier composed of 376 olive oil glass bottles, suspended above a 9-foot round table carved from a 1,000 year-old olive tree.
- Private Party Facilities: Miel features a private, glass enclosed dining room that accommodates up to 14 guests. With a table made from a 1000 year-old olive oil tree and an extensive collection of olive oils.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Neves 617-217-5041x
A word from Miel
Miel “Brasserie Provençale” is a AAA Four Diamond-rated restaurant, and is Boston's first Provence themed Brasserie. Miel celebrates the organic wonders of this region of France and highlights products such as aromatic herbs (de Provence), lavender, honey and olive oil. Miel boasts outdoor dining overlooking the glistening Fort Point Channel and InterContinental Gardens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Miel reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (66)scenic view (55)special occasion (30)romantic (26)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (16)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- MenuPINODined on 9/27/2013Hi, I'd like to see more variety of choices on the menu. Thanks, PINOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If there is a private eventAmyADined on 9/24/2013If there is a private event booked at the restaurant, the service is concentrated there and the noise level, and business goes up around the bar. A few tables near the bar can seat guest who make a reservation or book ahead, but not in the main dining room, so the bar staff is serving your meal. If the weather is good, you can sit outdoors, but it was too cold in october, so we could not avail of this option.Special Features:
- DisappointingscoutDined on 9/22/2013Service was ok, slow but that was fine, we had guests and enjoyed the time to talk- the dining room although sparsely occupied is very noisy- the food can only be described as awful- we had eggs benedict and crepes, took forever to arrive, was lukewarm at best and had no taste- I'd suggest the kitchen rethink it all- all for a price excessive for quality although not out of keeping with competition- needless to say, I won't be recommending Miel- too bad, it is in a delightful spot
- The wait staff made the difference!AnnieLovesParisDined on 9/20/2013My husband and I were staying at the Intercontinental Boston and decided to try Miel. It wasn't very busy so we enjoyed a quiet window table with almost no one else around us. We were waited on by Paul who took the time to explain menu items and make recommendations. Overall, the food was flavorful without being too artistic or edgy, with generous portions. We had fun because it was quiet and we were well-served. I would return if I stay again at the IC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Love It here...KMo1VIPDined on 9/18/2013We have dined here a number of times. We love the simple flavors; the service and especially enjoyed dining on the patio while there was a full moon. 3 of us had the roasted chicken with mustard sauce - it is my favorite and the flavors are just exceptional. My finance had shrimp with orzo and peas...he said it was fantastic - and it looked it. The wine list is nice and you can always find reasonably priced bottles to share. We so enjoy it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!aeschulze625VIPDined on 9/14/2013We could not have asked for a better anniversary dinner! The staff had flowers waiting at the table for me and surprised us with dessert. They offered to take our picture and were attentive to our needs the entire time. Will definitely return, the food and atmosphere were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutmodedcheeseluverVIPDined on 9/5/2013It is still a lovely spot in a cool hotel, but the French country decor looks tired and a bit passé and menu is way overpriced. Waitstaff is topnotch but food not quite up to par. There was a function taking place on one side of the dining room that really detracted from the dining room experience. On a plus side, the bar update looks like its going in the right direction but the dining room needs some decor and menu inspiration.Special Features:
- I would recommend it but notsteveVIPDined on 9/3/2013I would recommend it but not sure how often I would go back. Good outdoor dining w decent view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First we were told they didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013First we were told they didn't have a reservation in our name which we did. After they found it we were told we wouldn't be seated until an hour after our reservation time. Luckily another employee stepped in. Our server seemed overwhelmed and wasn't very attentive. We sat for about 15 minutes without having our drink order taken. I finally had to call out to him as he rushed by and ask if we could put in our order. We had barely started eating when the server came and dropped the check off without even asking if there was anything else we would like to order. When we put our credit cards down the server informed us that the credit card machine was down and he would have to write down our credit card information which was concerning.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, Superb ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2013Miel served up some exquisite French cuisine in the midst of lovely country french decor. The service was unmatched - could not recommend this place more highly. Perfect date spot and for foodies who love french dishes and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Our serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/25/2013Food was great. Our service was slow at best. First, was the bar was not set up over 45 minutes after the brunch open for service. Then they were out of the prosecoo listed on the menu. Next was the slow service and incorrect order. I would understand this if they were busy, but they were not. Did I mention grat food. I am not asking for anything other than the service issue to be addressed and corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food!FoodmonsterDined on 8/23/2013We went there for our date night this week during Restaurant Week. We absolutely loved the food, especially the Honey Glazed Duck Magret! The place was nice and romantic, service was excellent and the servers were very polite. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely summer dining!noankpearlDined on 8/23/2013Miel's outdoor space is beautiful, and a "must-go" spot during the summer. Service was attentive and food delicious!Special Features:
- Appetizers: Beet CarpaccioDiningWithDon1VIPDined on 8/18/2013Appetizers: Beet Carpaccio plentiful and delicious. red beets with watercress, candied pecans and goat cheese. Cesar Salad served with endive. Dressing was perfection; surprisingly large portion. Scallop ceviche was OK. Entrees: Duck Marget; tender, juicy served with celeriac puree. Well prepared. Flank Steak (Bavette) with pomes frittes. Steak was made correctly; fries came with the ubiquitous truffle oil. ravioli stuffed with sweet peas and ricotta cheese. All a little over done...tad dry. Dessert: Seasonal Berry Soup and raspberry creme broule. Solid, not spectacular. Wine list was well varied; many price point choices. Service was outstanding. Room was attractive. Wonderful view of Fort Point Channel; outdoor seating if desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service could be fasterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2013Love going here for brunch on special occasions. Food and ambience are excellent. Service could be improved a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sitting outside was the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2013sitting outside was the best thing about the restaurant. We had to ask them to take the drink order before we ordered food and at $7 a cup of coffee you would expect them to want to sell as much coffee as they can. Food is just OK. paying a lot of money so you dont have to leave the hotel but food is better at a outside restaurantSpecial Features:
- Waiters change like the windOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2013Waiters change like the wind always going on a 10 min break every 15 min. Food was very salty and felt rushed would do better eting somewhere else if you canSpecial Features:
- Really bad except for the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2013More than an hour for the food to get to te table. Excuses were "restaurant week is next week so we're very busy." What??? Doesn't that mean you might be busy next week?? "We're serving 200 covers tonight" though half the tables were clearly empty. Rigatoni was so overlooked that it was falling apart. And was served at room temperature with a veal cheek ragu that resembled beige baby food. The olive oil served with the bread was in a thimble that the bread could not be dipped in to. Cocktail was not really what it was supposed to be - pomegranate cucumber mojito - with a mint spring on top but none muddled in the drink .The water was moist and the ice cubes were at the perfect temperature for acting as cooling agents for the water.
- Good ambienceRajalanceDined on 8/11/2013We enjoyed our meal here, largely because it was peaceful, as opposed to most of the hotspots in the Seaport district. We sat outside, had good service, and the food was good, although I would not not say excellent, considering that it was quite expensive. Bread and olive tapenade were delicious. Our group had raviolis, cod, and tartine, and cucumber soup, all were fine.The lavender and candied olive ice cream was very odd, I would not recommend. We live in the neighborhood and agreed that we would return, because it was so pleasant. Most of the restaurants in the neighborhood are so crowded and noisy that we do not really enjoy going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2013Food delicious and atmosphere lovely, but waiter was clearly rushed and not actually into serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleMadAsHellDined on 8/9/2013Was very disappointed. Staff was rude and inexperienced. Our server, "Fred", was practically tossing my silverware in front of me the walked away leaving me to straighten up after him. On top of that he had a horrible attitude the entire time we were being served. I had a few questions about the menu and instead of describing the entrees in depth Fred told me to "read what the menu says". Good wasnt too bad but the oysters were just awful, too much sand to enjoy. Too bad such a nicely done restaurant and a great menu. Could be a real gem if they work out the kinks and have their servers treat the customers with some respect.Special Features:
- Some dishes were goodurielmeshoulamVIPDined on 8/2/2013Some of us had nice dishes, and some had quite mediocre. The outdoor sitting is lovely.Special Features:
- Oh whata nightSouthboroughVIPDined on 8/2/2013Beautiful evening dinner outside with very good food and a waiter who was very helpful with the wine selection. We will be back and back. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peaceful and beautiful viewneighborVIPDined on 8/2/2013Miel is always good and has excellent service. The best thing is that it is quiet enough inside to actually speak to your dining companions and to be able to hear them.Special Features:
- Overall its a decent experienceJMLJDined on 7/25/2013Overall its a decent experience within a hotel. I have been here before and had a better experience so assuming the lack of attention isn't the norm but still not great compared to other places within same price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food's great -- noise isn'tBrooklinerVIPDined on 7/25/2013Miel is adjacent to a very noisy bar (Rumba) AND 2 add'l adjacent areas were being used for noisy private functions. Conversation could only be had by screaming over the din. That is unfortunate, because the food (shrimp and orzo, mini desserts, tartier app'r) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeJustMeVIPDined on 7/25/2013this is such a great, romantic place. I took my husband there for his birthday. the atmosphere is great, and the staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter or Kitchen?LaurieGDined on 7/25/2013I had a reservation for 12:30 and arrived early. Happily we were promptly seated at a nice table. The waiter took quite some time to come to the table and, when he did, I got the impression he wanted us to order immediately. We ordered drinks and asked for a few minutes to review the menu. 20 minutes later he returned to the table to take our lunch order. We were a party of 5 and ordered basic things -- salads, a burger, 2 burger trilogies. 40 minutes later the food arrived. It was moderately busy but not that busy, and we ordered salads and burgers.People who sat and ordered after us ate before we did. We have eaten here before and have no idea why this time was so completely out of character for the restaurant.
- Long WalkMervDined on 7/21/2013While Miel itself was pleasant, it is a long walk from the street. Also there is no bench outside to sit on while waiting to be picked up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An authentic French restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013Onion soup is delicious. Has the Steak Frites which was only seasoned with salth and pepper with onions, and it was so delicious. Very hard to make a perfect steak with such minimal ingredients. My dinner guest commented how the fries didn't overwhelm the plate and each piece of fry was perfectly cooked. Finally the 'chef's choice' of dessert included a sample of cheese cakes, ice cream, chocolate pudding, and creme' brulee. They were all deliciously made. -- Love this restaurant's food, decor, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2013Great food, great ambience! Acoutics were a little off (it was very noisy) but friendly staff and a wonderful lunch menu!Special Features:
- Nice PlaceNewtobDined on 7/3/2013A little pricey, but that's to be expected. Friendly Staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013Beautiful restaurant with lovely outdoor patio facing the waterfront. Food was okay. Great wine. However the service was borderline. We first encountered a very stressed out hostess who informed us that they didn't have enough waiters on that night. There was a large group of 50 so apparently everyone was serving them. Mind you the rest of the restaurant was pretty empty. They almost wouldn't sit us outside for this reason. This is a little strange for such a big restaurant. Hire more servers then. The patrons shouldn't know from the moment they walk in that you are having personnel issues. That's your business and it's your responsibility to make it work. That being said, our waiter was actually decent.Special Features:
- Noisy place, nice viewKarenDined on 6/27/2013We were staying at the Intercontinental and were too tired after a long day to go out. So we decided to try a light meal here. It was extremely noisy! The room is separated by a thin curtain from a noisy bar. The waitress who seated us apologized for this and tried to seat us in a quiet place as possible. My daughter ordered a steak and fries entree which was very good. The meat was perfectly cooked and the fries crispy. My appetizer of scallops seemed overdone. In SF they would be called Bay Scallops, not sea scallops. There was a team of waiters. Service was kind of on the slow side with the place not being full. I don't think I would go here again but it was convenient for hotel guests.Special Features:
- Very considerate serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2013We went to Miel to celebrate a long time marriage anniversary and they acknowledged our anniversary with thoughtful treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at Miel!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2013My family and I went to celebrate my Mom's birthday at Miel, which is her favorite place to eat. They have changed the configuration of the dining room, making it smaller and adding a bar. I think this is a great idea and makes the dining room more intimate. Service and food were perfect, as always. Since it was a beautiful day, most diners chose to eat outside, giving us more space inside. My Mom was thrilled with her celebration and I'm sure we will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gir'ls night outMsJoanDined on 6/21/2013What a wonderful location and ambiance. Boston certainly has many choices when it comes to waterfront dining; and Miel has to be one of the best. We had wonderful food, service and people watching. It's not inexpensive, but worth the $$$$ for a lovely and tasty experience. Everything we had was delicious, but special kudos to the chef for the clam chowder. Probably the best I have ever had, and being from Massachusetts, I have had lots and lots of chowder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great experience withIrongoatVIPDined on 6/20/2013Just a great experience with very professional wait staff and overall excellent service. The menu has many terrific choices and the food comes out cooked perfectly. There is a large selection of wines and they are very fairly priced..great value for the price. The outdoor seating is a real bonus and there is a high energy level to the restaurant and bar area. Definitely going back as Miel is on my top 10 Boston restaurants.Special Features:
- Forced to tip..How dare you!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/19/2013My guest wanted his sandwich wihout bacon in it, but it was still in there when food came out. I gave him 15% tip still but to my surprise, my final credit card bill was charged 20% tip. Someone dared to change my writing on the bill. I wouldn't mind paying extra two bucks, but this is sooooo ridiculous and actually this happended to me first timeever! For that reason, this meal deserves my worst rating.Special Features:
- Very nice brunch on a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2013Very nice brunch on a pleasant day. Food was excellent and the view lovely.Special Features: