510 Atlantic Ave.
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.intercontinentalboston.com/
- Phone: 6172175151x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Breakfast: 6:30am -11:00am
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Breakfast: 6:30am -11:00am
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining is offered in our Olive Oil Cellar, this unique space seats 18 guests with a chandelier composed of 376 olive oil glass bottles, suspended above a 9-foot round table carved from a 1,000 year-old olive tree.
- Private Party Facilities: Miel features a private, glass enclosed dining room that accommodates up to 14 guests. With a table made from a 1000 year-old olive oil tree and an extensive collection of olive oils.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Neves 617-217-5041x
A word from Miel
Miel “Brasserie Provençale” is a AAA Four Diamond-rated restaurant, and is Boston's first Provence themed Brasserie. Miel celebrates the organic wonders of this region of France and highlights products such as aromatic herbs (de Provence), lavender, honey and olive oil. Miel boasts outdoor dining overlooking the glistening Fort Point Channel and InterContinental Gardens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Miel reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (60)scenic view (48)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (27)romantic (24)good for groups (17)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (10)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Honey dressing was very good.TakoyakiVIPDined on 8/20/2008Honey dressing was very good. I loved jumbo scallop salad as an appetizer.Special Features:
- What an incredible night. And,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2008What an incredible night. And, was shock about the portion size. It was a great time all around, I am so glad I picked this restaurant during rest week!!!Special Features:
- We were outside and it wasRdsox1dinDined on 8/18/2008We were outside and it was very windy so it wasn't the greatest experience.
- The seared scallops with honeyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2008The seared scallops with honey vinagrette was outstanding!!! And the Floating Island dessert - which I have not seen on a menu in 20 years - was superb! The take-home bags were smashing too! My only complaint is that they should validate parking down to Free as the Meritage does. Wonderful dining Experience! I will go back.Special Features:
- Service was fast and friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2008Service was fast and friendly, even to outside diners Food was amazing....even during restaurant week Beautiful view of the harbor Great drinks! All around good time Smokers walking by was a bit disturbing...but restaurant couldn't help that.Special Features:
- This restaurant was outstanding.OutstandingVIPDined on 8/14/2008This restaurant was outstanding. The food was incredible, the wait staff were very attentive without being obtrusive, and the ambiance was great. The outdoor seating area looked great. we dined here during restaurant week so we picked from a prefix menu and the choices were great. We will absolutely return to this restaurant. The best part is, it's a brassiere so it's open 24 hours a daySpecial Features:
- Although we had a reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2008Although we had a reservation, there was no table for us when we arrived.After waiting fifteen minutes a table became available. We were served dessert before our entrees arrived! The service was disorganized, dazed, and confused. Other than that, with many apologies and complimentary champagne, we ended up having a delicious meal.
- Restaurant week is a terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/13/2008Restaurant week is a terrific opportunity for a restaurant to showcase itself, unfortunately Miel fell short to impress: appetizer: scallops were cooked perfectly, but the fresh baby arugula was drowned in an overly sweet sauce/dressing (it would be too sweet even for dessert!). The main dish was good, but unremarkable; dessert was pretty average. Besides the perfectly cooked scallops, Kir Roylale was another highlight - nice full flute glass with perfectly mixed drink. Considering the regular-priced menu, it is unlikely that I will choose Miel again, may be just for a drink outdoors.Special Features:
- We dined on the terrace. Therefore,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2008We dined on the terrace. Therefore, cannot judge noise level in the dining room.Special Features:
- Our food was very enjoyableSsech422VIPDined on 8/12/2008Our food was very enjoyable and our service from our waiter, Fred was absolutely perfect....we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Miel was a good dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/12/2008Miel was a good dining experience. The waiters were sincere, attentive and knowledgeable. The food was good (veal was a little overdone but the duck was superb and made up for that) but the service and ambiance made this experience even more enjoyable. I went for restaurant week, but half of us decided to order off of the regular menu because of how delicious and the appetizers and entrees looked. I would certainly go back here... although not as often as I might like, given the cost.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2008Food was great. Service was a little rushed at first and slow at the end.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Miel. The scallopOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2008Enjoyed Miel. The scallop roquette appetizer was one of the best scallop dishes I have ever had; the quality of the scallops was outstandingSpecial Features:
- The scallop appetizer withVecchiaDined on 8/10/2008The scallop appetizer with arugula & mushrooms was fantastic. Perfectly cooked scallops, etc. Service was very good. Very nice room. Unfortunately our friends has the "restaurant week" chicken, which was overcooked. The fish was overcooked. Dessert ==olive oil ice cream was good, chocolate cake very good. The nougat ice cream or bavarian was a bit too sweet, but good. Loved the fact that we could converse with friends without shouting== an oddity among Boston restaurants that tend to be too noisy. We all said we would return & try it once more. On returning we would ask not to overcook our main courses.Special Features:
- Have dined here a number ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/31/2008Have dined here a number of times and find it very dependable, however the lady running the front of the house this night was a pill. Had made an OT reservation and asked for a table outside (which is the best outdoor dining spot in town). We were led to a table inside and when I asked about eating outside she informed me in the coolest possible tones that Miel does not accept reservations outside. Whether or not this is true, she was brusque to the point of being rude, which was kind of embarrassing as I was bringing a guest into my neighborhood. But we'll be back out of convenience and loyalty.Special Features:
- Wine was expensive and notNancieVIPDined on 7/19/2008Wine was expensive and not what I would consider "good" value for price (we did not pay - were treated for dinner - but felt our host did not do well in spite of the price.). Food was good - BUT - not anywhere near 4 or 5 stars we expected. It was "average" - not a cut above as was advertised. Bar was noisy - but looked like the "happening place" for young folks. Restaurant design seemed "sparse" and not warm and cozy.Special Features:
- The 'sweet' theme of the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2008The 'sweet' theme of the food was appropriate as to match the name of the restaurant which means "honey" in French. The cuisine was fantastic and matched by the great service. The restaurant itself is nicely laid out with a comfortable decor. The details (nice use of honey jars) in the meal itself were fun and memorable. The surprise is in the ratatouille side dish which was absolutely delicious. Definitely a place to experience and return to again!Special Features:
- Food, as usually, was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2008Food, as usually, was excellent, creative, and beautifully presented. A constructive criticism: service was surprisingly slow, given the time of day and the fact that there were few other diners.Special Features:
- I found Miel by searchingDaisy312Dined on 6/24/2008I found Miel by searching for restaurants located close to the Boston office of my company. Both my colleague and I were visiting Boston for business and needed to find a restaurant, within walking distance for dinner. Miel was convenient and still had reservations. We were seated promptly upon arrival and proceeded to have an absolutely outstanding meal. Each course was truly a culinary feast on its own and prepared with fresh ingredients. I was very impressed that the pinot grigio the waiter suggested was excellent-light and crisp. It matched my main course selections perfectly and created an delightful accent to both the appetizer and main course. The piece de resistance was definitely dessert- a berry soup with candied olives.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2008We had a great dinner but the server seemed a little bit "off" that evening. He forgot our salads and served the main course(thought he should of comped the salads when he delived them after the main course. Forgot to bring a drink over once. But, I have been to the Miel several times and always found it more than satisfactory. I really like it there and will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Food was good - though I didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/18/2008Food was good - though I didn't care for the French Onion soup. Moderate to high pricingSpecial Features:
- The hostest did not acknowledgeHankVIPDined on 6/4/2008The hostest did not acknowledge my Open Table points even though I had introduced myself at the desk. The service was, as usual, spotty to poor. The food is pretty good. Service really needs work however.
- I work at a large corporateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2008I work at a large corporate law firm. We went to Miel for a business lunch. The service was extremely slow - so slow that the waiter said he would give us free desserts to make up for it. But then the desserts took 20 minutes to arrive. I will choose a different place next time, although maybe I'll try Miel again after a few months and see if the speed of service has improved.
- Worst service I've had inOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/29/2008Worst service I've had in a long time. Waitress came up and didn't tell us what the special was, so we had to ask. Slow service, and after our lunch was cleared away, our waitress was changing the linens on the tables around us and completly ignored us until, about 15 minutes later, we had to call her over for our check. It wasn't very busy and she was completly inattentive. We would have liked coffee and dessert, but she had tables to fix for a half-empty restaurant.
- We visited over Memorial DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2008We visited over Memorial Day weekend, so I am sure it was quieter that usual. The atomosphere was very elegant, but understated. My husband had the halibut and I had the cheese plate for dinner. The theme of honey can be tasted in many of their dishes. Everything was flavorful and well presented. The waiter was very attentive and we were served a special dessert because it was our anniversary. I would like to visit Miel again.Special Features:
- Everything was lovely aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/21/2008Everything was lovely about the restaurant except the service is deliberately slow. We were there for two hours. We told our waiter we would like dessert but only if we could have it and leave within half an hour later. No problem he says, but took an additional ten minutes bringing us the menu. So we skipped it. This was a business lunch and I would only go back if I knew I had absolutely nowhere else to go afterwards. I appreciate a leisurely lunch but just don't have two hours (never mind travel time) to spend on lunch. It's too bad because we have a summer assocate program and I would like to be able to bring the students for lunch, but can't do so if I can't be ensured of being able to control the timing to some degree.Special Features:
- 1) Play french style musicOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/16/20081) Play french style music instead of latin as heard on fridya night. 2) Offer theme appropriate sparkling water - evian fits theme of restaurant but Pellegrino doesnt. Substitute with Perrier or other french style water. 3) Extensive menu is great! but how about making one side a prix fixe? this will gel a lot better because as of now the menu seems a bit scitzophrenic. 4) Excellent food - great flavor, never had soup so hot before, great job. 5) Very clean image and wondeful presentation of the food. good choice in smallwares too. 6) offer an amuse and/or minardese, how about macaroons? thanksSpecial Features:
- Everything was perfect exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/15/2008Everything was perfect except for the slightly odd young French(?) waiter who said that he wouldn't charge me for a glass of wine with lunch and then did??!!Special Features:
- I thought the Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2008I thought the Mother's Day menu was good, but overpriced.Special Features:
- Excellent french brasserieFrequentdinerVIPDined on 5/3/2008Excellent french brasserie with many choices at moderate to expensive price points. Notable Ceasar salad ( generous portion ) and terrific duck and cheese plate! Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Went for lunch - We had theFoodie13VIPDined on 5/2/2008Went for lunch - We had the "burger" trilogy that was outstanding! The bar looks like it would be fun - plus there is a beautiful private dining area that we can't wait to plan an event for! Only complaint is that the tuna part of the burger was a bit overdone/dry... Will definitely go back for lunch - would like to try it for dinner. Good for a business meeting - it was packed so make reservations!Special Features:
- Food is pretty good althoughtHankVIPDined on 4/29/2008Food is pretty good althought the new lunch menu is limited. Service is pretty poor. Have to ask repeatedly for water refresh and forgot french fries that came with meal - had to be remminded twice.Special Features:
- We had a less than attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2008We had a less than attentive server. After another member of the staff noticed this, he improved dramatically.Special Features:
- This is the second time I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2008This is the second time I've been there and both times were great. The food is terrific and the atmosphere is very nice. It's one of the best restaurants in Boston. I'm surprised it isn't more crowded.Special Features:
- Odd it wasn't more crowded.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/25/2008Odd it wasn't more crowded. Martinis are great, but a little pricey.Special Features:
- SHOULD HAVE SOME GOOD OLDOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2008SHOULD HAVE SOME GOOD OLD FAVORITES ON THE DESSERT MENU.Special Features:
- We've been several times andFirsttimerDined on 4/19/2008We've been several times and Paul always takes very good care of us.Special Features:
- I think "brunch" implies aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2008I think "brunch" implies a meal prior to noon which is when theirs starts on Sunday so from that standpoint the menu was a disappointment. Also considering how empty the place was the service could have been better. Fine overall, just not special.
- Service was very prompt.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008Service was very prompt. The salads are a meal in themselves. Actually they're too large. I was stuffed by the time our entre arrived.Special Features:
- Service wasn't very good -OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008Service wasn't very good - we waited a very long time for the meals to come out and were not apologized to. For salads and sandwiches, it shouldn't be a 40 minute wait.