4627 Coast Highway
Pacifica, CA 94044Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.surfspoteats.com/
- Phone: 6503557873x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Keith Bailey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Limitless iterations of the diverse cuisine we offer. You dream it...we make it happen.
- Entertainment: Live music on a scale not seen on the San Mateo Coast. An outdoor amphitheater complete with private cabanas, tiki huts and torches, and a full on Imu (underground oven in Hawaiian) for Luaus and clambakes.
A word from Surf Spot
Reinventing casual dining and bringing you the food vacations are made of, every day. Live fire cooking and streetfood from surf spots around the world combine with innovative private dining spaces and copious outdoor dining opportunities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Surf Spot - Best Restaurants in Pacifica ›
Surf Spot reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (34)kid-friendly (33)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (22)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (13)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (8)special occasion (6)scenic view (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- FoodiesdatenightoutDined on 4/19/2014There are many interesting dishes. Small plates can be combined with robust salads. Kale salad is wonderful. The one pasta dish is fabulous and the dip was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow food prep: this nightJerald49VIPDined on 4/6/2014This visit we were warned that the kitchen was backed up. I ordered appetizers that did not require cooking, but they also took a long time to receive. Still, a fun place and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service and Huge Portionsgot2eatDined on 3/27/2014Excellent services and massive portion sizes all for a good price. I took my lady here for a late dinner and wow was it amazing. I got the surf burger which was big, juicy, and delicious with a generous amount of fries. My lady got the clam chowder and fried calamari, both were fantastic. It cam out to about 30$ not including tip. Highly recommend this place and its conveniently next to Sea Bowl for an activity before or after your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goin BackTheMacsDined on 3/23/2014Exceptional food...calamari, lamb meatballs and shortrib appetizers amazing. Burgers and grilled salmon sandwich made our day. Live music was perfectly matched to the crowd and not overly loud...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't believe I waited so longEricVIPDined on 3/22/2014Loved our first meal at Surf Spot. It's a great hang-out sort of place-not pretentious at all; I loved the vibe. The food was really good, as was the service. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodCoastalGalDined on 3/22/2014Because they are often busy, service can get a little slow. But, knowing this-it's a great experience. I've been there for dinners, lunches and weekend brunches and I love it. I will continue going back! Cocktails are good too :-)Special Features:
- Third time may not be the charmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2014I have been here a couple times now. This is the first bad experience I have had . But others in my party say its always like this so who knows . Just wish they would get there act together .I booked for Tuesday night through open table . I then received a phone call about 45 minutes later telling me I could only sit outside . Why did I book ahead to sit outside . From the start service was barely there . When she was there she would forget a cup for the tea, then the tea bag . And that was pretty standard for how things went . Two sodas and a beer took 20 minutes to get . All told I believe we received are tacos and other food after about 40 minutes . dinner took two hours for what should have been an hour at the most .Special Features:
- Excellent food, service not so muchdragonDined on 2/21/2014Loved the food. Very tasty California/American cuisine. Service was friendly, but seemed to take forever when it mattered (ordering, check). VERY loud family drunkenly having a little girl's birthday party kind of ruined the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Churros!!!ChicaCaliforniaDined on 2/19/2014I have been here at least 10 times including the first day they opened. They have the best desserts in Pacifica that is for sure. The food is pretty good, I normally ask for the special of the day and have had no regrets. I realize I have more fun when I eat there on the weekends in their patio, specially when they have bands playing. Dinners inside can be a little challenging for those of us who need to wear glasses because the menu is hard to read at times and service has been from excellent to not so good. This does not keep me from going there, it just reminds me that I just have to learn to be more patient when I go there.Special Features:
- Valentine'sJosephDined on 2/14/2014Interesting Valentine's menu. A bit intimidating at first, but the staff was well prepared having pre-opening tasted all items and thus had knowledge of what to describe to customers. The truffle soup was way to strong and the serving huge. Every other item was fantastic! My wife and I have dined here several times and each time I enjoy it more and more. The food is great, but the staff is so friendly and they spend a moment with you to ensure all is well. Surf Spot delivers on 'the whole package'.Special Features:
- Sweet SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 2/13/2014Laid back, casual and fun. On a sunny day in Pacifica there may be no better place to grab a bite and a beverage than Surf Spot's large back garden. We like it in the fog too as the main dining room is cozy and comfortable. Food is always good, honest and fresh.Special Features:
- bad service destroys decent foodjsstagVIPDined on 1/24/2014Six longtime Pacifica residents who have collectively been to SS over 60 times since its opening, plus hosted one 50+ person event, bc the food is decent, if not creative, the location is convenient, and we support local businesses, are calling it quits nonetheless. Since its opening, SS has understaffed its restaurant and bar, leading to consistently poor service. Complaints are met with reluctant contrition, and never affirmative offers of restitution, unless the customer asks for it, and sometimes not even then. Nothing ruins a meal more than bad service and bad attitudes. That is not always the case, but has been so far too often. We are all finished.
- Always great food !! ThankOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/23/2014Always great food !! Thank so much !. I would suggest the hostess not chew gum - not very attractive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dining option in pacificapacificagirlVIPDined on 1/10/2014Much improved from my previous visits. Waiter was great. Mussels were fantastic. Caesar salad dressing was tasteless. Music was extremely loud although there weren't many people there. Menu had a lot of options that I would like to try on future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is great! We startedSFCADined on 1/4/2014This place is great! We started with the Kalbi(Korean BBQ short ribs)small plate, and boy that was a regular size meal that you would get at a Korean restaurant except less rice. And it was good! Perfectly having the right taste and BBQ to the proper temperature that it wasn't rare and bloody nor overcooked. Then I had the kale salad and my friend had the Five Spice chicken salad and he also had the clam chowder all were good, but I thought the kale salad could have sat a little longer in the dressing to have soften the tough kale leaves. We sat outdoors since it was an amazingly warm day in Pacifica, and the outdoor area was perfect. I'm already planning my next visit there at night so I can sit at the fire pit and sip on a nice hot drink.Special Features:
- Will be back and oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 1/3/2014We have found a new fave local restaurant. From the outdoor fireplace and extremely comfortable eating areas which welcome our dog, to an inviting menu...can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By accident...HappyHungerVIPDined on 1/3/2014We stumbled onto this gem !!! Were new to the area and used Open Table to book. WOW !! Incredible food and awesome service. This place is great ! The mussels and lamb shank are excellent, but save room for dessert. Although they were out of the pumpkin brulee, we ordered the cheesecake and the salted butterscotch crème. Incredible, incredible !!! The service was very friendly and spot on with our orders. We planned on staying only an hour for the meal, but ended up being there 2 .5 hours. It was THAT good !! We will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local treasureprobusybodyDined on 12/31/2013Great, lively atmosphere. Central bar, private side room, quieter rear dining room. outdoor heated patio. Interesting menu. Terrific service. Looking forward to summer when the back patio will be open.Special Features:
- Late Lunch SpotRobinDined on 12/31/2013Stopped by for a late lunch with a girlfriend. The drinks were yummy and the clam chowder was good. The chicken wings were just alright so I wouldn't buy them again.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Favorite!MissTannerVIPDined on 12/26/2013This is my favorite place to go when I feel like relaxing and having some amazing food. There staff is always amazing, there food is always fresh and the location is amazing. There Indo Kale Salad is fresh and light, Pizzas are amazing and Market Menu Items are always creative. There outside area is fun and a great place to relax- the only down side you have a million kids running around. Other than that, its a perfect place to sit, relax and enjoy some amazing and creative food!Special Features:
- Surf Spot, local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013I live locally and appreciate having this as an option for dinning in Pacifica. Have eaten there a few times and find the food to be very good. The menu has changed a bit in the last few months, but the offerings are varied and well done. Service has always been very good. Live music, Volleyball and outdoor dinning. I don't drink, so I cannot say anything about the bar. It seems small but the space is at a premium here..Good place, better than alot of places in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem.SFPamDined on 11/30/2013Okay, I've been going to Seabowl for years. Who knew there was a really good restaurant in the same parking lot? The food is unique and well done, if a bit overthought. The menu is reasonably priced and they often have live music. The bar is small but felt very congenial. Downside, it's cold and the layout is odd. Three small rooms inside and lots of deck outside. Although there are heaters, it's not enough for your usual ocean-side winter evening. I'd love to see/feel a fireplace. The food is definitely worth another trip, I'll just dress warmer if it's a cool night! Definitely looking forward to warmer weather visits!Special Features: