127 11th St.
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelaundryrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9708700681
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Vicki Connacher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Laundry
Laundry is the latest endeavor from creative chef/entrepreneur Rex Brice. Located in the historic Soda Creek building, the home of the Steamboat Laundry from 1910- 1977, Laundry will feature Executive Chef Chris Randall’s award-winning food. Laundry’s delightful blend of Western charm and contemporary urban atmosphere are complimented by an eclectic beer and wine selection. The Americana themed bar features whiskeys, tequilas, and many tantalizing house infused vodkas. Gather your friends for creative food, handcrafted cocktails, and lively conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Laundry - Best Restaurants in Steamboat Springs ›
Laundry reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (19)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (14)good for groups (14)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great find in Steamboat.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/5/2014Good food in great small plates. Wine was a good value and service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the restaurant andNancyDined on 3/5/2014I loved the restaurant and the food but just have one complaint. I thought the prices for the large plates were too high. We only got one large plate, the short ribs, and it was quite small for the price. I'm assuming the other large plates are similarly sized but I could be wrong.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & tapas selectionRicardoVIPDined on 3/5/2014Dined at this restaurant while visiting Steamboat. Food was excellent and service was perfect. Waiter Paul kept a close eye on us and stopped by the table at perfect intervals. The drinks and infusions were equally excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant food and differentAli55Dined on 3/3/2014Just as good as when we came 2 years ago. All dishes we tried were excellent. Loved the Brussels sprout hash, 2 of the party don't eat cheese and they did a special one with no cheese. Enjoyed the food so much we cancelled one of our other bookings to come back another night during our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in SteamboatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2014In our 10 days in Steamboat, Laundry was by far the outstanding restaurant we found and in fact went back on our last night for a second time. Service was outstanding and food was consistently excellent. Nice mix of casual ambiance, eclectic menu and consistent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie FeastEatinginSteamboatDined on 3/2/2014Enjoyable atmosphere. Warm with brick and wood. Delicious and unusual food. Great locally and house cured meats. A real treat and fun with a group. Tapas style allows for tasting much of the menu.Special Features:
- High qualityDougl1000Dined on 3/1/2014This was interesting because the small plates and large plates were meant t share amongst the group. The food was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time, just as pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014I have been here with my boyfriend, and had to go back with my close friend on her birthday because I was so pleased the first time. The drink list is right up my alley, you will definitely be pleased. I like asking the server for their recommendations, it's always steered us right. The foodie quality is there, concretely -like what we've paid at more expensive places, it's very good.Special Features:
- First time at LaundryCCDinerDined on 2/28/2014We ate at Laundry this past weekend for the first time. We made a reservation in advance which I would definitely recommend for a weekend night. We ordered the pate as an appetizer. We ordered four small plates, the pastrami dish, salt cod, brussel sprout hash, and pow pow shrimp. All the dishes we had were excellent but our two favorites were the pastrami and the pow pow shrimp. Warning, the pow pow shirmp is spicy. If you are in Steamboat Springs try to get a table at Laundry. It really is terrific.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food!PetraDined on 2/25/2014We went as a group of five, and shared a number of plates, large and small. The Bison Ribs were outstanding, and so were several of the salads. I had the Battle of New Orleans cocktail, which was lovely. Our German exchange student was thrilled that the water was pleasantly cool, rather than punishingly iced. All details were carefully attended to, and it was particularly good for sharing and trying new things. Portion size was perfect (I hate facing a mountain of food, much of which either goes to waste or sits in the refrigerator for a few days before somebody guiltily puts it out of its misery. Very few foods are better after a day of refrigeration!) All in all, a wonderful place, and given the quality of the food, quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impeccable servicedocjohnDined on 2/25/2014Our party of four ordered 12 items, and the wait staff delivered them in the perfect sequence, and with just the right timing, really enhancing the experience. Of course that would not have mattered, if the food had not been both unique and great. The food was not exotic or quirky, just remarkably different, both in preparation and (most importantly) in taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intriguing tastes. slow deliverypollywannaDined on 2/24/2014Was excited to savor Steamboat's small plates place but disappointed at the way they deliver--convention has it that multiple plates come in sequence, a few at a time perhaps for a party of 4 or more but at Laundry--plates. come. one. at. a. time. .....with. a long. pause. in between. Don't come hungry to this wanna-be trendy place. But don't wait too long to try them, because they likely won't be here in 2 years. This space has hosted other restaurants over the years, most good to very good but they don't have what it takes to make it in this ski town.Special Features:
- Very eclectic affairDiamondjbhVIPDined on 2/23/2014This restaurant offers a good wine list, excellent choice of liquor, and truly unique menu items. You can let the wait staff guide you through and have a really excellent dining experience. The facility is quite nice and worth a visit even if just to sit at the bar and have an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The laundry is exceptional.JennDined on 2/22/2014The laundry is exceptional. Every time I eat there it gets better and better.Special Features:
- Love the atmosphere at theChiefDined on 2/22/2014Love the atmosphere at the Laundry, brick walls, cozy. The menu is great, there's something for everyone. I like the small plates concept. They tend to use a lot of yummy bacon and prosciutto so of course it's tasty! I like to eat & drink in the bar, they always have infused drinks...doing the whole mixology thing. Had a sour dough bread pudding with sour cherries for dessert, awesome. They have the buzz dishes with kale and Brussels sprouts also...delicious !Special Features:
- Another great night at LaundrysponDined on 2/22/2014It's been about a year since we have been to Laundry and it was as good as we remember. The drinks are great and the food is tasty. After all the great food nothing sounded appealing for dessert. It seemed like the menu was pretty basic and that was our only hint of dissatisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good preparations, unusualBahnsVIPDined on 2/21/2014very good preparations, unusual menu which is nice to find in a ski townSpecial Features:
- Fun atmospherePowderDined on 2/20/2014Fun, lively restaurant. The food and drinks were just ok, but overall we liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steamboat's bestJamesDined on 2/19/2014Terrific food, served in small European style portions that are "just right." Interesting dishes and variety. Fast service, and friendly. Great prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/19/2014Great food and service. This was the most interesting restaurant to eat at in Steamboat Springs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience...CarrieDined on 2/17/2014We had reviewed the menu prior to going to The Laundry and had previously decided that the prices were very competitive. After our evening we felt that we received a very good deal for what we received. The food was excellent and the service fantastic. We were pleasantly surprised at how fast food came out of the kitchen.Special Features:
- Small Plates Big VarietyAlvinoDined on 2/14/2014Great experience as always. vibrant scene good vibe. Rex and his team have the magic touch. A Rex restaurant in Steamboat is money!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMakobmdDined on 2/13/2014Believe the reviews this is an excellent restaurant. Listen to the wait staff and use their cues, they know the menu and the goals. Everything we wanted for a special night out as a couple. Added bonus the specialty drinks. Also directly across from the lodging shuttle stop so you can stay inside until the van arrives to pick you up.Special Features:
- Winning place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/9/2014Eight of us enjoyed everything about our dinner at Laundry last night. From the moment Michael greeted us warmly at the door until we paid the bill, everything was delightful. Food was inspired and delicious. Presentations beautiful. Our waiter was knowledgable and attentive. Very helpful with ordering shared plates for a large group. Upbeat atmosphere with funky and fun decor. Will definitely go back! Thanks, Laundry!Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Wonderful ServiceAmyLDined on 2/9/2014We had a delicious dinner at Laundry (we actually enjoyed it so much, we went back for a second dinner during our recent stay). The servers were extremely helpful with our selections. Definitely the best dinner of our vacation (and we did eat well on our trip). We enjoyed the share plate concept - which was paced slowly. As we ordered in stages, we did not overeat -- we stopped when we reached the right point. We were initially concerned that we would not be able to find enough plates to order (we do not eat meat). They were very flexible with their menu, converting several items with meat into vegetarian plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laundry best ever!BenergizerVIPDined on 2/9/2014Last summer we visited for two visits: happy hour and then dinner. We brought local friends Sunday night. Don took care of us, after our guest shared food allergies. We had delightful savory patè, followed by sharing pork belly, duck and short ribs. The side salads were crisp and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food/Restaurant in Colorado?FoodieSkierDined on 2/9/2014My husband and I LOVE food; love the chemistry, love the experimentation, love presentation, love everything about it - and Laundry excelled at it all! The flavors they were able to combine, bring out, highlight and blend were so great I took pictures of all the food we ordered and the menu so I could remember and perhaps use some ideas at home. The ambiance is very hip, but comforting as well. Great to talk to the owners and the bartender. Our server/food-knowledge extraordinaire was very friendly, knew the menu in and out, could recommend what dishes we may like better after a few questions, and created a trusting/comfortable relationship with us. Cannot wait to go back and try everything we couldn't fit in our bellies the first time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates, Way OverpricedGmckelveyDined on 2/7/2014The atmosphere at Laundry was very nice, service was good, and the food was good. We had a party of four and the overwhelming issue was the amount of food you got for the money. Our bill at the end of the night was over $200 and we left hungry. Again, the idea and atmosphere was great, but too expensive.Special Features:
- Culinary surpriseCarMorDined on 2/4/2014The food was extremely creative for a ski town. We are vegan and there were tons of options. Of course plenty of meat courses too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Social dining at it's bestSkierDined on 2/3/20143 of us enjoyed a nicely paced selection of dishes which included the chefs choice and a couple of extras. Great floors including the brussel sprout hash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in SteamboatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2014Really enjoyed The Laundry all around. There were 3 in our party, all foodies who enjoy exploring different gastronomic creations. Our table was ready immediately upon arriving; it was a Monday night, not too crowded, but most tables were occupied. Our server seated us and got drinks going right away. He was enthusiastic and very knowledgable about the menu. He gave us some suggestions and we ordered up several small plates, one entree plate, pate meat and cheese. The pate and duck prociutto were exceptional. Chicken fried quail was out of this world. We also had dessert which was just okay IMO. The only low point was our server forgot a drink order and one of our small plates; he apologized/fixed quickly. Definitely recommend The Laundry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip with ski clubLongtimeOTVIPVIPDined on 2/2/2014It was the night of the Super Bowl and the game had ended and our party of six had the place to ourselves. Our server Tristan skillfully walked us through the menu options. We enjoyed the wild mushroom jar but the peppers were devoid of much flavor except for the peppers themselves. The shrimp pow pow was very tasty and if we would have ordered more food this would have been a repeat selection. The octopus was okay but the pear salad and roasted beets were very good. The green chili was also a big hit. No dessert tried.
- OUTSTANDING!NicnellaDined on 2/1/2014We have been coming to Steamboat for many years and have always searched for something "different" - food-wise. I read the reviews and knew we had to check out Laundry. We made a reservation (a must) and, even when my 3 y/o daughter was exhausted from skiing, we called and they fit us in early! The food was very creative and delicious! An absolute must visit while in the area! We will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate Here...BigRedDined on 1/25/2014Steamboat Springs is a kick back town, but for a step up celebrate milestones at the Laundry...Small delicious plates...We especially enjoy the vegetarian dishes and the shrimp pow pow...Celebrated 40th birthdays here, intimate yet lively and each dish was full of wonderful flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious casual fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014I loved this place! It's a casual and laid back restaurant with excellent food. I love the way this restaurant works, you order all your dishes and the food comes out the way the the chef thinks is best to really savor and enjoy the food. The idea is the share the plates of food so you end up trying a ton of different dishes. everything we ordered delicious. Notable dishes include the liver pate, the crispy pig ear fries and the short rib pasta. I highly recommend this place if you're in Steamboat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerYoungChildrenVIPDined on 1/25/2014Reservations highly recommended!!!!! LOUD, but great location and atmosphere! In and old brick building. Food was great, server was a bit slow on the water. Cheese and meat board was excellent. They even put a candle in the birthday desert. Will go again. NOT for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You know it's going to be good whenFoodTravelerVIPDined on 1/25/2014... you see the butcher's diagram of a pig on the front door! I wish many more cities and towns had chefs doing imaginative work like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2014Ana, our server, was knowledgeable in suggesting items and combinations from their unique menu. We ordered several small plates and we were wowed by the complexity and taste of each dish. It was a well paced, relaxing experience shared with friends.Special Features:
- Chef 's Choice Menu for Two: A MustLeighbVIPDined on 1/20/2014We like Rex's so much that we're working our way through their family of restaurants. Laundry is a complete hit with us! Rustic with a bit of Southern influence, in decor and menu. Locavore sourcing, many house-made items, delicately smoked items...all 5 of our dishes were distinct and showed off nuances of taste. Good Job! We selected the 5 piece Chef's Choice: Bergamot Tea-Crusted cheese w/ Tasso Ham slices, house-made pickles slices, delicate Cracker Crisps, gentle Hummus, Pear Salad w/ House-made Seasoned Fennel & Onion Slices, the Infamous Brussels Sprout Vegetable Hash, incredible Beef Cheeks. Service was personalized; no order-taking w/distant attitude here. We were led on a friendly & flavorful journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014This was our second trip to Laundry and we again has the chef's menu. Delicious 5 course meal at an incredibly reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.