127 11th St.
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelaundryrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9708700681
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Vicki Connacher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Laundry
Laundry is the latest endeavor from creative chef/entrepreneur Rex Brice. Located in the historic Soda Creek building, the home of the Steamboat Laundry from 1910- 1977, Laundry will feature Executive Chef Chris Randall’s award-winning food. Laundry’s delightful blend of Western charm and contemporary urban atmosphere are complimented by an eclectic beer and wine selection. The Americana themed bar features whiskeys, tequilas, and many tantalizing house infused vodkas. Gather your friends for creative food, handcrafted cocktails, and lively conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Laundry - Best Restaurants in Steamboat Springs ›
Laundry reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (19)notable wine list (17)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (14)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Unappealing foodTravelingfoodieDined on 9/8/2014The appetizers were great but the entrees were dull, not flavorful except for pepper, and an overall disappointment. I would return to this place to sit at the bar for drinks and appetizers and to interact with the delightful bartenders.Special Features:
- Great Food - Service SlowSFGirlDined on 9/5/2014Loved the creative small plates we had.....too bad it too so long to get our food. Order of drinks sat on the bar for more than 30 minutes arriving with melted ice and only after reminded the waiter we can ordered them and not received them. Its a shame - better service would keep this restaurant packed.....not half full on a Friday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true experience not to be missedBananas4foodDined on 8/31/2014Loved the family style dining. So many wonderful dishes to choose from and this way you can enjoy so much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steamboat gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Steamboat has many great restaurants but this one is particularly creative and has great cocktails to accompany wonderful small plate taste treats.Special Features:
- Our favorite in SteamboatThreeLittlePigsDined on 8/30/2014Laundry is our foodie home away from home. We love the eclectic menu, the smaller portions and the amazing cocktail infusions. Every meal here is memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued excellenceJP1234Dined on 8/30/2014Third time we have been to the Laundry. Food was again outstanding. Great atmosphere and superb drinks from the bar. One of the top four restaurants in Steamboat. Small plates are better than the few big ones. A lot of variety. Pacing occasionally is uneven. Don't be in a hurry and it is fine. Very reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CardsfanCardsfanDined on 8/30/2014Pickled vegies were good. Meat and cheeses were good. I'd stick to things you'd find in the mountains on the menu. My biggest complaint is that I could feel them stretching margins. Heirloom tomato salad was mostly lettuce...despite the $10 price. Octopus salad was mostly beans...despite the $15 price. The staff tried to make it right, but the food itself wasn't very good despite the fact the menu read well and had some interesting focal point ingredients.
- DavidDined on 8/26/2014We took friends there for their first time and they were blown away by the dining experience. Small plate now has a new meaning for them. What a great way to experience so many flavors. My menu recommendation is anything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014the food was amazing! we had several things off the menu and not one item was bad, drinks were very enjoyable and interesting as wellSpecial Features:
- Favorite restaurant in SteamboatErikaVIPDined on 8/6/2014Cool building, great food and cocktails, excellent waitstaffSpecial Features:
- Nice findJoyolaDined on 7/29/2014We dined here after it was recommended to us by the concierge at our timeshare. We enjoyed the dishes we had and the extensive wine list, but were disappointed that they ran out of a couple things we wanted (menu is a bit limited but still good selection) and that they brought out the watermelon gazpacho in one bowl and 2 spoons to share. Desserts were sized for one and absolutely perfect after a big meal. I would definitely come again and would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarMongovtDined on 7/26/2014What a surprising find. Innovative food and cocktails, reasonable prices, great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experience of the taste buds!greggDined on 7/26/2014Always love our experience at the Laundry. Alway receive personal service and enjoy all their drinks with their home made infusions. Great gluten free options. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Wonderful mealChrisDined on 7/23/2014After searching extensively online and talking to locals after arriving in town, we settled on a 'date night' at Laundry. We loved every bite. My husband went so far as to say the feta garlic mashed potatoes were the highlight of the week-long trip. We got an excellent wine recommendation and the charcuterie was fabulous. All food arrived hot and delicious. We also had octopus appetizer which was cooked properly (too often overcooked and chewy) fried quail and beef cheeks with polenta. Servers were attentive and helpful, knowledgable. We even got a thank you/goodbye out the door as we left cash to pay our bill on the table and took off. We probably won't be back in Steamboat, but would go back again and again to Laundry if it were closer.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS RESTAURANTCopperTopperVIPDined on 7/19/2014I have been to Steamboat 3 times and twice have had the great fortune to eat at Laundry. The food is incredible. I haven't yet had anything but a fantastic dish. My husband and I order a bunch of small plates and love all the different tastes and textures. Both times we have taken our kids. Although they have a kids menu, my children prefer to order off the main menu. Although the flavors can be sophisticated, they are so delicious that even my pickiest eater loves it there. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable. This is a terrific restaurant! I only wish there was one closer to my home in Denver. I highly recommend!!Special Features:
- great food but...Rocket99Dined on 7/13/2014Timing of service was out of synch, we ordered 4-5 small plates for two. A salad plate arrived shortly after we ordered, then it was a 20 +minute wait for the next 2 plates. Then we added hummus to our order and it arrived immediately. The cod was our final plate to arrive, maybe 10 minutes after that. The waiter was great as was the food, but either the food needs to come out all at once or in evenly spaced intervals. There was no communication about when what would be served, and it felt like we were being served at the leisure of the kitchen rather than in an orderly fashion. Also, it happened we ordered our hummus plate from another server/host? and his first response was " would you like me to get your server or tell him myself?"Special Features:
- Interesting menu, great food!VerneneDined on 7/7/2014If you want to be a little adventuresome, this is the place to try. Food items to share and the most interesting and unusual drinks. Great ambiance and reasonable prices. A definite WINNER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMoabmanDined on 7/7/2014Great food, great service, and you can't beat being in Steamboat.Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE, GREAT FOOD/DRINKSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014The service was amazing from the time we walked in to the time we walked out. I appreciated the personal attention we received from the bar tender. He created custom drinks for us, delivered them to us himself and made sure that we liked them. The food was equally fantastic. I would absolutely recommend Laundry and we will be back there every time we're in Steamboat.Special Features:
- Happy return customer.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014We have dined at the Laundry several times and always been very pleased. The food in innovative and uniformly terrific. The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The bar is is also noteworthy, with various infusions created by the bartenders that result in some very novel and wonderful cocktails. They also have a great and reasonably priced wine list, with many wines that are difficult to find, especially in the mountains. We will keep coming back to the Laundry every time we visit Steamboat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique spot and menu to enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014Fun place with unique menu and drinks. Small sizes and good prices make it easy to try lots of dishes. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMaryleeVIPDined on 7/1/2014We are never disappointed at The Laundry. Always something new to try and excellent help with wines.Special Features:
- Foodie Home Run!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/26/2014This hidden gem was a wonderful surprise in a Colorado mountain town. The food and beverages were unique, delicious, and nicely presented in a lovely historic building. I would expect to find this caliber of foodie creativity in a major city, but no other Colorado mountain town can rival. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steamboat Springs GemMikeDined on 6/13/2014The Laundry offers extraordinary gourmet delights in a lovely atmosphere. Service is highly professional while being friendly and welcoming. This is the mountain eatery you visit with out of town friends to impress them with the sophistication one would expect from a top New York City restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 286 reviews are from the Laundry reviews archive.
- Wonderful Experience!JPPTAPVIPDined on 5/8/2014We were in Steamboat Springs for the week. What a great restaurant to find! We really enjoyed the food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Small plates!VailfoodieDined on 4/5/2014We had dinner with friends here recently, it was great! Our server was Don, he was very friendly and gave us very good recommendations throughout the evening. We had Hen of the Wood mushroom - really good appetizer style dish, Shrimp Pow Pow - delicious and the sesame powder was a great add-on to the dish. House cured pastrami, very good, & the pork belly - delicious. We also had the Crispy pigs ears for the novelty of it. This dish was ok, the ears were sliced very thin and small to resemble French fries, they were tough and chewy and really could have used a little salt. Overall it was fun to order it, but I don't need to order them again. The rest of the food was great and I would go back next time I'm in Steamboat.Special Features:
- OutstandingJacDDined on 4/4/2014Great food! Very different options for small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetreatTgbanDined on 3/27/2014We wined and dined --and had amazing cocktails at Laundry. This was our company retreat dinner and they were on top of it at Laundry! There were 14 of us. They called the day before to confirm, had tables set up and even cards on the tables welcoming our company! Service was fabulous! Food, drinks and atmosphere was great! Would recommend! Fantastic little gem in Steamboat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Find!SpringBreakinDined on 3/26/2014One of the best dining experiences I've ever had - great food, awesome staff, perfect atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Culinary ExperiencediningdrewDined on 3/26/2014We went as a group of three to celebrate my father's birthday, and absolutely loved Laundry. The service was friendly, prompt and very helpful. The food was nothing short of amazing. Every item is meant to be shared with your group, so having 2-3 people is an ideal number. My mother is a vegetarian and we had no problem finding food that we would all enjoy. I cannot say enough about the quality of the food. If you want an experience that is not about big portion size but rather about new tastes and unique ingredients, then Laundry is definitely the place to go. Every bite was an explosion of flavor, and you will walk away having eaten at least three things you never have before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedJessicaDined on 3/22/2014The prices are very high for a very small amount of food. Everything is very tasty but you have to order double or triple what you think you'll need to fill yourself. Our waiter was distant and rather rude as well. Not some place I'd go again.Special Features:
- Fun for sharingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014What a great place!!! The food was delicious and innovative. Small plates allowed for the 4 of us to taste a little of everything. We also went at our own pace, ordering dishes as we went along and they where brought out in a nice sequence.Special Features:
- Do not believe the rest!!Affoodie1Dined on 3/18/2014I have celiac disease and visited Laundry on vacation, it was one of the finest dining experiences of my life. The food was out of this world. Our server Megan (I think), was extremely personable and educated. We were a party of four so we decided to just share small plates and it made for a very fun and amazing dinner. We were so impressed how easy it was to share especially since we had a couple different food allergies at the table. Wine list is impressive as well, so go to Laundry, you will NOT be disappointed !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmentBMOJDined on 3/13/2014The menu looked delicious, but the chef didn't deliver. Everything we ordered was mediocre. I would never go back. I would recommend Bistro CV, Cafe Diva or Truffle Pig instead. For the price, we were very disappointed.
- Local gemKramerDined on 3/12/2014Not too bad to be able to walk down the street and have this caliber of a meal in the Boat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique menu and great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2014A unique menu and great food. Nice out of the way location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Steamboatdwilson608VIPDined on 3/10/2014We had a large group (9 of us). First time at Laundry. Our waiter, Megan, advised us well. The restaurant serves "family style". The food was amazing. The pacing of the dishes was well done. Megan and the kitchen paced everything out for us. We tried things on the menu we might never have in a different format. Definitely on our list for our return trip next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Laundry To Great RestaurantCathDined on 3/9/2014Started my meal with the infamous pig ears...texture chewy but very very favorful...not what you expect and the picked chilies add spice not heat. main meal; bison ribs... moist &tender over creamy grits. Apple cobbler with hazelnut infusion and with cream/mascarpone topping was a delicious variation. Don the server gave great insight to be able to make choices....and will be returning later in the week to satisfy more cravings!Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/8/2014Everything was fantastic here! It is a small plate driven restuarant, which makes it hard to chose what you want, but they offer a chef's choice menu for $33 a person, and it is absolutely the way to go! Great amount of quality food for the price. I will be going back to laundry the next time I am in Steamboat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Steamboat.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/5/2014Good food in great small plates. Wine was a good value and service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.