La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
81 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lagloutonnerie.com/
- Phone: 3055033811x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun -Thurs: 6:00pm - 11:00 pm
Fri - Satur: 6:00pm - 12:00 am
Satur & Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Buffet only @ $49 pp (adults), $24.50 (kids 7-12 years of age, below 7yrs complimentary)
HAPPY HOUR L'APERO (AT THE BAR ONLY)
Sun - Thurs
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
$8 Drink Specials and House Wines
$75 Veuve Cliquot bottle special
$65 Piper Rose bottle special
Due to high demand on outside seating, patio requests are not guaranteed but will be taken under consideration, thank you for your understanding.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Christian Testa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at 305-503-3811 ask for Erdem Aynali
- Entertainment: L'Apero Thursdays, Live DJ, Complimentary Appetizers, Drink Specials
Every Thursday from 6pm to 11pm at the bar only
A word from La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
With an original outpost in Mexico City, La Gloutonnerie brings elegant French fare with a sophisticated bistro appeal to the area. The menu is classic French with modern twists and refinement. La Gloutonnerie is French enough to feel exotic, but cozy enough to make it your Friday night fix.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (46)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (41)notable wine list (33)great for brunch (31)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Love itJPDineVIPDined on 2/1/2014It was excellent as always. food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Classy setting for fine diningEatongenVIPDined on 1/31/2014The cuisine is a large cut above most Sofi restaurants--authentic French at fair prices. The night was steamy so we opted for ac instead of the pretty courtyard. The ambience and service are first rate. My duck was perfect and my husband's branzino came with a bouquet of fresh vegetables. We had preordered the Grand Marnier souffle and it was a bit too much food. But all well-prepared and memorable. We like to pop in the bar for happy hour. Good wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a matter of fact we wereMariusDined on 1/31/2014As a matter of fact we were two nights in a row- January 30 & 31. On Thursday the weather was not so great so we sat inside. The service we received - performed by Mr.Medine was outstanding!!!!so we decided to come again the following night- weather was better- so we were outside. Both days we were 6 people- so we tried many different dishes. Everything was absolutely delicious ( we come to La Gloutonnerie on a regular basis for 15 months). The atmosphere , the service, the food- great!! CONGRATULATIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Bday DinnerJakeinLADined on 1/26/2014Awesome & free happy hour appetizers before dinner were delicious! For dinner we had the chateaubriand which was cooked to perfection. Both the bar staff our servers were attentive and polite. This place is very expensive but they really put out beautiful food. Ask for a table on the patio when making your reservation, especially if its a nice evening.Special Features:
- Lovely BrunchIrisDined on 1/26/2014We enjoyed a lovely brunch on the patio - excellent food and the pastries were out of this world! Don't forget to try the crepes, soooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD AND SERVICE!!!lizelaVIPDined on 1/25/2014always a great place to visit!! We enjoy our experience there!Special Features:
- Great Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014This restaurant Is cozy and the food os amazing!! The ambience Is Nice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly Disappointed25PeppersDined on 1/22/2014While visiting Miami from NYC, I made reservations for La Gloutonnerie on a Wednesday night for a special dinner out with my husband. We ordered cocktails (good), shared the Tuna Tartare (very good) and I ordered the Lobster risotto, which was delicious, but very salty. My husband ordered the Flounder and couldn't eat it - it was incredibly dry and oversalted. Not worth even half the $38 price tag. Unfortunately, my husband didn't want to return the dish for something else. I think feedback is important, but he refused to say anything, We were both surprised that a restaurant of this caliber would let a dish leave the kitchen that was so bad, but it did. The overall experience was okay, but honestly our expectations were not met.
- Lovely French brunch!southfloridafoodieVIPDined on 1/19/2014Really enjoyed our brunch which had a variety of French food on a buffet, including crepes and all sorts of pastries. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food large portions niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014Good food large portions nice atmosphere We liked enought to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was too cold to eat outdoors,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/18/2014It was too cold to eat outdoors, but La Gloutonnerie has one of the nicest outdoor dinning area I have seen. The indoor dining was very enjoyable. The menu has a french focus and the food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantPatyRGDined on 1/18/2014We had a great dinner last week in this restaurant. The fish was really fresh and tasty. The grand marnier soufflé was good but not spectacular.Special Features:
- Best one yetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/17/2014A perfect dinner when it comes to food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better luck next time!itrvlVIPDined on 1/17/2014This was a repeat visit to this restaurant where we recalled a great first experience. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for our second visit. Four of us were dining. While the staff was very attentive, the starter of french onion soup came along with the entrees. Two of us were sharing this, so the waiter left the soup and took our seafood entrees back to the kitchen, leaving the other 2 guests to start on their entrees. Within 5 minutes, the server brought back the 2 fish entrees which were now obviously well-done (they were ordered med rare). The server apologized and did not charge for the soup, however the food was generally unenjoyable.
- Excellent brunch..!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014It was a wonderful experience, fruit was very fresh, egg station prepared a delicious scrambled. Not too many option on hot food, but the pastries/desert station was the best, I wanted to try every one, but it was impossible, the variety was too large, and every one I tried, was delicious.! Can't wait to go back sometime soon…! Service excellent. Delicious white sangria too.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of our holiday.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2014After 2 weeks in Florida we spent 2 nights in south beach and I chose the restaurant from trip advisor. From the moment we arrived we loved the place. Food and service top notch. Garden area very romantic. Had a delicious glass of Côte du Rhone for only $10. Complimentary breads and pate were outstanding. Cod brandade, swordfish, chocolate tart. Say no more. Overall it was well worth every dollar spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alas too busySOBELocalDined on 1/5/2014As a SOBE full time resident, I had been worried for some time that this restaurant would become a tourist hot spot --- good for the restaurant, less so for those of us who would like a "local" place of our own. Had a 20-25 minute wait despite reservations. Food and service quality suffered slightly at Sunday brunch from over-crowding, noise, and a roaming magician apparently designed to keep the numerous children occupied. We will return, when the season slows, but will leave the restaurant to the tourist crowd until then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2014Great food options at brunch Very good value Outdoor area beautiful lit up at night Service lacks a bit of personality but overall a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Glutonnerie is a great brasserieDouganandaVIPDined on 12/30/2013This fairly new addition to the SoFi scene is a genuine winner. It serves very good to excellent French classic cuisine like a superb onion soup and perfect dessert soufflés just the right size for sharing. They also have the classic brasserie's presentations of chilled seafood served atop crushed ice platters stacked high. For a quick mind's trip to Paris some night, this is a great choice. Prices are fair. Portions also are fine, if not a bit generous, as Americans like. The atmosphere, inside as well as in the front enclosed garden, is charming and in fact romantic at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!UrsoVIPDined on 12/29/2013Went there for brunch twice, and both times really enjoyed the food. Deserts are to die for, almost like in Paris :) and their homemade mozzarella and burrata are amazing! Definitely recommend this place - a true gem of the South Beach.Special Features:
- Truly a gem in SoBeBKinNYCVIPDined on 12/28/2013Loved, loved, loved this place. We stopped in for brunch, but didn't realize it was a buffet, and my husband hates buffets so we had a drink (on the house) and left, but not before peeking at the dinner menu and securing a reservation for that same evening. We came back, had a couple of AMAZING cocktails at the bar and then sat down to a delicious meal. The service is spot on, the food is beyond high quality and the soufflé? Don't leave without trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XmasMazeDined on 12/25/2013Good for families. Attention staff. Very good salad bar and beautifull deserts table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- south beach weekendlovetoeatoutDined on 12/22/2013I found this restaurant on open table. It was definitely the best service in south beach I have had. Great waiters. The food was outstanding. The tuna entrée was so good!!! Big portions! I am glad I walked there and back from 17 the st. Beautiful garden dining experience, can't wait to return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseAbbyDined on 12/21/2013Excellent food, many delicious selections to pick from (even for those with a non-traditional French palate), great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio, South Beach GemJFKNMDined on 12/13/2013I really like the menu here. Very hard to choose what to eat. If you can sit outside. It is a great garden setting with enough noise from the street to feel lively, but not so much to encroach on conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basel bombshellOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Service, food quality and ambience that NYC restaurants wish they could deliver. Superb evening with fussing and wonderful poise & service at every turn of a phenomenal evening. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveninglikes2eatDined on 12/6/2013Nice sized portions of very fresh food. Bronzino and grouper perfect. Salads are enormous and imaginative. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Rich MenuEM56VIPDined on 12/1/2013Went on a Sunday night when it was relatively quite so might not be the best indicator. Our hotel concierge at The Mondrian recommended the restaurant and while the food was delicious, it was extremely rich. At our waiter's suggestion we started with the Tuna Tartare which was a huge portion. So huge in fact, we cancelled our main course. Also had the Onion Soup which had multiple layers of cheese and a green salad. Finished off with a Grand Marnier souffle which was delicious but also extremely rich. May have been better if we were more people. Waiter was attentive but did tend to hover a bit since the place was pretty empty.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great ServicedecamargobDined on 12/1/2013This place was great for Brunch. The selection is somewhat different than what you would expect, but in a great way. The food was very very good, except for a few things. The waffles were very dry, so unless you drown yours in syrup, I'd warn to stay away and just have multiple services of the crepes (which were great). The only thing I did not like about the restaurant was not necessarily their fault. There was a huge party sitting right behind me being all sorts of obnoxious. You'd expect a large group to make a lot of noise, I appreciate that, however this group was out of control. They bumped into my table, made all sorts of noise, and management did nothing to curtail this. That is my only main negative feedback. Otherwise GREAT place.Special Features:
- Overall jut amazing. NothingalexVIPDined on 11/29/2013Overall jut amazing. Nothing more to add. French comfort food - veal in morel sauce just to die for!! They hooked me on oysters tooSpecial Features:
- Thanks giving Buffet !!KellyDined on 11/28/2013The buffet is great but there is no many varieties... The crepes and dessert are wonderful !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great buffet on ThanksgivingsobeVIPDined on 11/28/2013We were a group of four adults and two children for the Thanksgiving buffet, and it turned out extremely well. The kids loved the food options, especially the colorful deserts, and the adults all thought the wide range of choices and the excellent quality of the selections made the price ($55 per adult) worth it. The main fish entre was a red snapper cooked to perfection--moist, tender, flavorful. The turkey was good, as was the roast beef. The crepes, made was we watched, were as light and delicious as they can be. Finally, I have to add that the service was first-rate. Our waiter was knowledgeable about wines, ready with suggestions for the children (including making a lemonade for them), friendly, and available w/o being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- c'est si bon!!!NYCeaterVIPDined on 11/26/2013Had a lovely dinner here in the gorgeous courtyard. The food is delicious and authentic - save room for the soufflé! Merci beacoup for the wonderful meal and excellent service. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalJust4TodayMariDined on 11/25/2013Great food, an overall exquisite dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great staff and foodlizelaVIPDined on 11/23/2013Our new manager Andres always treats us like kings, my compliments always to Chef Christian , thanks for the wonderful time we had for dinner. Also, the busboy (frankie always very nice!Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2013We've celebrated our anniversary here and we had a good time. Two things that caught my eye... 1. the foie gras was overcooked ( very creative setup but lacked execution. 2. French fries were frozen fries? You guys can definitely do better than that. Service was excellent to the last detail! We will be back! thank youSpecial Features:
- Great last dinner in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2013Tasty food. Excelent service. Great for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service,MassiMariDined on 11/16/2013Great Food, Great Service, Great Place! Perfect pre-party dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive but worth itLSM53VIPDined on 11/16/2013We had brunch at La Gloutonnerie and it was fabulous in every sense of the word. Everything was delicious and the presentation was gorgeous. In addition to all the "regular brunch" food there was an extensive seafood selection, a carving station with fillet, wonderful grilled vegetables and marinated veggie salads. Fresh made waffles, omelets and crepes were also available and brought to your table. The pastry selection for dessert was great. There is a beautiful outdoor seating option that we could not take advantage of because of inclement weather but we will try that on our next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2013Great duck! Great chocolate souffle! And the best service in South Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.