La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
81 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lagloutonnerie.com/
- Phone: 3055033811x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun -Thurs: 6:00pm - 11:00 pm
Fri - Satur: 6:00pm - 12:00 am
Satur & Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Buffet only @ $49 pp (adults), $24.50 (kids 7-12 years of age, below 7yrs complimentary)
HAPPY HOUR L'APERO (AT THE BAR ONLY)
Sun - Thurs
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
$8 Drink Specials and House Wines
$75 Veuve Cliquot bottle special
$65 Piper Rose bottle special
Due to high demand on outside seating, patio requests are not guaranteed but will be taken under consideration, thank you for your understanding.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Christian Testa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at 305-503-3811 ask for Erdem Aynali
- Entertainment: L'Apero Thursdays, Live DJ, Complimentary Appetizers, Drink Specials
Every Thursday from 6pm to 11pm at the bar only
A word from La Gloutonnerie - South Beach
With an original outpost in Mexico City, La Gloutonnerie brings elegant French fare with a sophisticated bistro appeal to the area. The menu is classic French with modern twists and refinement. La Gloutonnerie is French enough to feel exotic, but cozy enough to make it your Friday night fix.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
La Gloutonnerie - South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (47)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (43)great for outdoor dining (41)notable wine list (33)great for brunch (30)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (24)great for lunch (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Ango631VIPDined on 5/28/2014First time here. Pleasantly surprised. Food was delicious and the service was very good. Escargots and the duck entree were both really good and tasty. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchGianni05Dined on 5/11/2014Great Sunday brunch, with multiple alternative for an amazing timeSpecial Features:
- Average brunchLaura333Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Mothers's Day brunch. Not so great. Very busy, very noisy. We went there for the oysters and when we found out that despite their presentation on ice, they were not cold, we could not take any chances. The selection was not bad, but being gluten free and dairy free, it was narrowed down quite a bit for me.Special Features:
- Away from the madding crowdh8tow8Dined on 5/10/2014Eating in Miami Beach can be a treat or disaster fending off crowds and dealing with "the scene". Gloutonnerie was a refreshing upscale neighborhood restaurant with a quaint outdoor seating area which we fully enjoyed. The food was very good, the portions, especially the appetizers where enormous. One appetizer can easily be shared among two hearty dinners. Dessert specials included three different souffles we had the grand marnier and it was terrific. All in all a very worthwhile meal and evening in a delightfully quiet setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food we've ever had!TravelTheWorldDined on 5/5/2014We are out of towners from Washington. We were tired of eating fried food, and liked the menu we saw online. We were greeted immediately with a smile. The outdoor seating is cozy and magical feeling. We had tar tar for an appetizer which was mind blowing! The flavor was incredible! Then salmon for dinner which was the best we've ever had. The service was great! Wish we had a place like this in Washington! Can't say enough great things about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on South BeachGourmet8Dined on 5/3/2014Table was ready when we arrived. The ambiance is elegant but not stuffy. The food was excellent. The risotto was great. The souffle was good but not spectacular. Overall an excellent experience. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Love itnomnomDined on 4/27/2014Great service, amazing food. I don't remember what I had but I came here for Brunch and for dinner again the same night. Great place. Can't wait to go back when I'm in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MariusDined on 4/26/2014As usual very good food, service and ambiance- we will be back!Special Features:
- AngeDined on 4/26/2014Great food selection for brunch! Although buffet style the quality of the food was very good. Would def go back!Special Features:
- Brunch A Fabulous Experiencerdp44VIPDined on 4/20/2014This is the second time I have brought visitors to this establishment for a special treat - and Brunch. My friends are very special and enjoy wonderful food, ambiance, great service, food presentation. I think $49.95 is of great value, and the quality of the food, and the presentation is 5 star all the way. The pastry chef deserves a rave for flavorful deserts and pastries. Friends visiting South Beach always remember their visit to La Gloutonnerie. To top it off, it was a beautiful day in Miami Beach and we dined in the garden. Class A all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just Excellent!ScottinaboatVIPDined on 4/19/2014What an excellent meal, the service was spot on, the table located in the garden was very pleasant. Food was top notch, with a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowGreatDined on 4/10/2014Great food and service. Great outdoor dinning Steak cooked perfectly. Escargot to start nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too badOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/5/2014want to love it- but the brunch is better...dinner was an overpriced disappointment. lighting is WAY too dark- need to increase it a notch; and your food quality and presentation needs to match your high prices. won't be going back even though it's one of our neighborhood restaurants! :(Special Features:
- Great experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/5/2014We didn't know what to expect for our first ever visit here but once we got seated and decided on our champagne, wine and menu, everything turned out to be spectacular! We had the Coquille Saint Jacques, Le Thon Carpaccio, split the Salades des Cotes D'Armor and then shared the superb 18oz L'Entrecote A Notre Facon. The general manager happened to be our main waiter and he made the evening a very special one. My wife is turning 60 this year so we're trying to make every outing an event. This has been one of those special nights. I would recommend La Gloutonnerie to anyone and look forward to another visit in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining. PerfectDoMaDined on 4/1/2014Great outdoor dining. Perfect for a romantic dinner. The steak tartar was very good and well-prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family brunchReneDined on 3/30/2014as always, the food and service was very good, close to excellent. The price a little high for brunch , however compared to others that charge a little less $$$ , THIS one is far superior on the food quality and choices .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedSouthbeachfoodieDined on 3/29/2014I tried this restaurant because it was too late on Saturday to get a reservation at Prime 112, Prime Italiano or Red. I read the reviews of others and thought it would be nice to try a new restaurant. The food is way overpriced for quality of food. Half the restaurant was hot and the other half was cold. We were seated in the hot half. On the positive: Service was very good and staff was very pleasant. Because of the food and prices, I don't think we will return.
- If you need respite from SoBeNashvilleCatDined on 3/28/2014Outstanding garden setting, outstanding menu and food, good and reasonably priced wine list, outstanding service. It is in a quiet neighborhood at the southern end of South Beach which is in easy walking distance of most of Ocean Drive hotels. Classic French in food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love love loved it hereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Just everything about this place is AMAZING. It's a MUST!!! I've been back 6 times in the last two years and with every visit to South Beach, I swear I fall more in love with La Gloutonnerie. It's sexy, it's romantic, it's gorgeous. The French cuisine is made with the utmost care… flavors just wow your palate with every spoon or forkful. Dinner? SPECTACULAR. Brunch? PHENOMENAL. I've been by myself, brought my fiancé, had friends come with, and brought clients - none have ever been anything but in love with their experience & meals. And while we've all travelled the world with our fair share of world renowned cuisine - it has been said (and not lightly) that La Gloutonnerie is in the top two meals any of us have ever had in our lives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014We were staying downtown South Beach and looking for a place in walking distance without the craziness of the normal hot spots. We found La Gloutonnerie through the reviews on Open Table and made a reservation in the early afternoon for that evening. What a treat! The outdoor garden is beautiful...tranquil and romantic...The tables are comfortable, not too close together so you can have an easy conversation. Food was terrific -- oysters and tuna appetizers (lovely), the roast chicken was cooked perfectly and was too much to finish; and my husband had the branzino and really enjoyed it as well. The chocolate soufflé was a perfect finish. On our next trip down from NYC, we will certainly return here. Great find.Special Features:
- A French Garden in South BeachmalofroDined on 3/18/2014Away from the hectic and noisy South Beach scene, we enjoyed a great meal in an outside garden patio. The service here is excellent and they went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and happy with our meals. We started with tomato soup that had a wonderful spice and needed just a bit more cream fresh, and salade chavignol which did not skimp on the goat cheese. Followed by a Duck confit and boeuf bourguignonne that was exceptional. Only complaint was the lighting was so dim from hanging lanterns that we required some help with extra lights from the waiter. On the other hand it is a romantic spot that will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch buffetWMColmes14VIPDined on 3/15/2014lots of fresh seafoods to sample, savory choices great flavors, and being French, the dessert spread was lengthy. we ate outside in the shade and it was chic and relaxing. a great choice to have a Sunday Funday. for $50, you get 2 drinks and this level of food, a great decadent deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French foodAmandaliceDined on 3/12/2014Really good and authentic French cuisine. If it is available have the chocolate soufflé (to die for)! Impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good restaurant forJoaoDined on 3/9/2014A very good restaurant for Dinner and Brunch. Very good food and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacularbeethovenDined on 3/6/2014Couldn't be better. This is my 7th or 8th visit. Always top notch.Special Features:
- PerfectAshleyBDined on 3/2/2014Everything we tried was delicious. From the waffles and omelettes to the oysters and prosciutto. The food quality was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchRomeoDined on 3/2/2014It's a wonderful place to have brunch. The food is delicious and many choices are offered. I would have loved to have sat outside in their beautiful courtyard but there were not enough shaded tables. They need to invest in more outdoor umbrellas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BruchNovatec1Dined on 3/2/2014Went there for brunch. The food was outstanding. I left with a smile and a full stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was better beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014It's the 3rd time I went to this restaurant. Food used to be great so was the environment. Scene is still great, service is still good, but food got much worse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousfoodluvrVIPDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I have been to La Gloutonnerie several times and have enjoyed all our experiences there. They have attentive staff, the food is very tasty, the bread is awesome, Service is great. Nice romatic spot outside. Not noisy, can hold a nice conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good ambiancenpolerDined on 2/25/2014Good food, good ambiance, good service, a bit overpriced. Dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine ($50) ended up $250 with tip...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for romantic dinnerSupbicouDined on 2/21/2014The food was great. We had dinner at the terrace, very pleasant. Service was great. Would definitely come back: worth the price.Special Features:
- Glutonnerie for fine French foodDouganandaVIPDined on 2/18/2014This quite lovely restaurant (with atmospheric garden to boot) offers fun French classics like great onion soup and first class dessert soufflés. The rest of the menu is equally classic French cuisine including towers of iced seafood such as lobster and oysters. The all-French staff provides the proper finks touch to believe you're actually in France!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was just ok, nothingRiplerVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food was just ok, nothing to rave about. As foodies, we expected more top level food choices. The outside setting is much better than the tight enclosed space inside. My wife the onion soup (loved it) and the shrimp/scallop entree ( smelled extremely fishy and undercooked). I had the steak tartare (too much dijon) w/fries and red snapper to was chewy. When it with a cheese plate for dessert (good not great). Overall that a place we'd come back again.
- Not as expectedJemimaDined on 2/11/2014The reviews and images looked good but this very large restaurant was almost empty when we arrived (with a party of 9) so there was almost no atmosphere. Outside seating may have been a little better in retrospect. The starters were ridiculously large and far too salty. The main courses were slightly more reasonable in size, but slightly disappointing in flavour especially considering the high cost. The taxi drivers had never heard of the restaurant - which is always a bad sign.
- Food was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Food was great, service was excellent. They offered us the dessert as we were there for a bday. Great outdoor sitting.Special Features:
- Top Brunch SpotBrunchgirlDined on 2/2/2014They really know how to host an amazing Brunch. The presentation is pristine you want to try everything and once you do you're delightfully surprised it's all delicious...from the antipasto, omelette sir decadent desserts can't really decide. The only hick up is they don't give you bottomless mimosas. The staff is very service oriented and very friendly. It's a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itJPDineVIPDined on 2/1/2014It was excellent as always. food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Classy setting for fine diningEatongenVIPDined on 1/31/2014The cuisine is a large cut above most Sofi restaurants--authentic French at fair prices. The night was steamy so we opted for ac instead of the pretty courtyard. The ambience and service are first rate. My duck was perfect and my husband's branzino came with a bouquet of fresh vegetables. We had preordered the Grand Marnier souffle and it was a bit too much food. But all well-prepared and memorable. We like to pop in the bar for happy hour. Good wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a matter of fact we wereMariusDined on 1/31/2014As a matter of fact we were two nights in a row- January 30 & 31. On Thursday the weather was not so great so we sat inside. The service we received - performed by Mr.Medine was outstanding!!!!so we decided to come again the following night- weather was better- so we were outside. Both days we were 6 people- so we tried many different dishes. Everything was absolutely delicious ( we come to La Gloutonnerie on a regular basis for 15 months). The atmosphere , the service, the food- great!! CONGRATULATIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.