Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence
10 Memorial Boulevard, GTECH Center
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7737/Providence
- Phone: 4012722271
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00-10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00-11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Israel Jimenez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Providence, RI - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Derek Brazeau 4012722271x10
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Providence, RI serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)scenic view (38)romantic (35)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (18)good for groups (16)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Cannot beat this spot.XmasinewyorkDined on 2/22/2014Wife and usually go to the boston location for anniversary and date night. Providence. blows them out of the water with food and service. Our server jarred treated us like royalty. such great service I may ask him to be my best man when my wife and I renew vows. steaks are perfect but the star of the show is the pecan crusted sweetpotato. when god goes to pot luck he must bring this as his dish. best ruths chris on east coast and best restaurant in new England.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceluv2dineDined on 2/17/2014My husband and I have trying to go but due to the fact that they are only open from 4-9, it's ben difficult but we finally made it. We loved the food and service but disappointed to find out that there was Valet service and we did not know about it. Prior to our visit I went on the website and asked questions about parking and there was no indication about having Valet service. THis feature should be mentioned on the website so it will help the business and also extended hours will be nice so we can go there for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitJordiDined on 2/16/2014We enjoyed our visit as always. The food was very good but not something one could eat every week. Expensive but special.Special Features:
- Undoubtably the best steakMichelleVIPDined on 2/16/2014We had a belated valentines family dinner. Unfortunately the snow postponed out original celebration date. We were thrilled to have a open Table send us a reminder that it's not too late to celebrate. So great to have valet ready to take the car and get us into the cozy bar area. Service from beginning to end was top notch. But the best part was my first steak after being vegetarian for nearly 2 years. It was undoubtably the BEST piece of meat I will ever have in my life. I chose the bone in sirloin, as did my daughter. It was cooked perfectly and I am still dreaming of it. ;) We also got sweet potato casserole(dangerously delish), Brussels sprouts and baked potato. The best night we have had as a family in a very long time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DaygradyboyDined on 2/14/2014Arrived exactly at my reservation time, seated immediately. Drinks were brought over very quickly. Ordered prime rib lobster tail special!! OMG so amazing steaks cooked perfectly. Can;t wait to go back.Special Features:
- This is by far one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014This is by far one of my favorite restaurants I wish it wasn't as expensive so that I can go more often! We spent $200 for our Valentines meal for two but it was well worth every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Providence has bettter alternativesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant itself is nice and has a free valet and coat check. Service is amazing extremely helpful and always around. The food is also really good. Having said that it was the most expensive place I have ever eaten. We both had a steak and picked two sides which we split we also got a bottle of wine and dessert and the bill came to $240 with tip. Now the restaurant was great in every way but for a city like Providence there are more than a few restaurants of the same quality for a lot less. I honestly wouldn't recommend this place solely because of the prices but if you can afford to waste money its worth the waste.Special Features:
- one expects a quality steakepicureanDined on 2/14/2014one expects a quality steak dinner with all the trimmings and Ruth Chris delivers along with a very notable wine list. It continues to be our favorite steak restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good experienceYessyDined on 2/14/2014I had dinner with my children on valentine's day and it was super super busy. I know the kitchen must of been even more busy but out in the floor the flow was just the opposite. The servers and waiters were very calm and collected about that busy day. Excellent food, excellent service, friendly personal. I even saw a waiter take a picture for a couple ( couple requested) and he was very friendly about it. No rush to finish your meal to open up for the next party. We arrived late and the girls at the desk were very friendly accommodated us right away. I could keep on going but you might think I am getting pay for this review. My boys loved the restaurant and everyone who attended to us. Derrick, Tyler, Nick, Evelyn and Melissa were amazingSpecial Features:
- Awful Valentine's Day experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great meal that was spoiled by a ONE hour wait for our car from the valet. We understood it was busy but one hour is ridiculous. Emailed the GM of the restaurant about our awful experience and haven't received acknowledgement of our email. Very disappointed.
- Fantastic food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/8/2014I went there with a group of five people. We had a great time, the food was graet ! Try the spicy lobster appetizer they are delicious . However our server didn't give us alot of atention. I had to ask twice to get us a drinks because she was busy ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and comfortable dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014The Ruth's Chris in Providence has a friendly staff, great ambience and tremendous food. It's a great spot to grab a drink after work or have a special dinner for two or even a large group. The wait staff bent over backwards without hesitation to accommodate my girlfriends food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy review to writeChachaDined on 2/1/2014Food was excellent! Service attentive and professional! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJCMACDined on 1/29/2014Chose Ruth's Chris for a celebration dinner w/ ,my adult son. Service was very good, drinks and apps fine, (bisque and ceasar salad), Lyonaisse potatoes as good as ever. The main event, 16 oz. rib eyes, not so much. I ordered "medium rare to medium" and after we were served our waiter checked on the doneness, and I must have cut too close to the edge because it seemed fine. As I continued, I found that it was really more like rare to medium rare. I'll take some responsibility for that, although a fine dining kitchen really should know how to cook to desired doneness. However the steak also had an unacceptable amount of gristle in it. Really, for prime, any amount is too much, and the kitchen would see it when they cut the steak.Special Features:
- Although very pricy, the steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014Although very pricy, the steaks were cooked perfectly. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I felt rushed and for a steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014I felt rushed and for a steak house the flavor was great of my filet however they over cooked my steak. The sides were ok, the au gratin potatoes were large slices of potatoes with what seemed like velveta cheese. Our waiter was great and the martini was very good. next time I would just go for a drink.Special Features:
- Everything was very nice food,BDgirlDined on 1/18/2014Everything was very nice food, atmosphere, service. The one thing that was a disappointment was the bread, low quality deli rolls, they could have done much better there. All in all very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic night outReecespeanutbcDined on 1/18/2014My girlfriend and I had a really great time at this restaurant. Our server was very kind and attentive. The food was fantastic as was the setting. We were able to experience this gem because of restaurant week but will definitely be back! This was the best steak we had ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak and servicedilbertDined on 1/17/2014One of the best steaks I've ever had. We went there for restaurant week, but the service and the food were just as optimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prov.Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2014Excellent food,atmosphere and service. Very scenic view as we went at 6pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatvinnieDined on 1/14/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and this was the place. The food, service and ambiance was great. We would highly recommend Ruth Chris for any occasion especially just and intermit date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakCourtmacDined on 1/12/2014The best strip steak I have ever had. Expensive normally but affordable during restaurant week. Everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekKathyDined on 1/12/2014We went for Restaurant Week on a Sunday night. Our waiter was polite, but we could tell he was less than thrilled that we were ordering from the Restaurant Week menu. It meant less tips for him. We felt a little like second class citizens as a result. There were plenty of empty tables. So if we weren't there, he would have gotten no tip from our table. Otherwise the food was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...bad servers!RalphysMomDined on 1/10/2014We went there for the first time last Friday night. Our waiter Justin was great. He was very informative and nice. The waiters, however, were awful! They literally threw our food on the table in silence. No "enjoy" or "be careful, plates are hot". My hubby's filet was oscar style with a crab cake, asparagus and bernaise. All of that just toppled over and a huge dallop of bernaise landed on the table. The waiter, apparently did not even notice! Awful! He wasn't paying any attention to what he was doing. It was almost as if he didn't want to be there. Servers need more training!! Had to convince the hubby to return one day. He really hated the servers throwing our food on the table. But the food and waiters were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribeye I've Ever Had ...ZachDined on 1/4/2014My wife and I dined here before going to see Wicked at PPAC. Oysters were delicious ... the Remoulade Sauce was much better than your typical cocktail sauce/horseradish that accompany oysters. The Ribeye with blue cheese crust was hands-down the best I've ever had. We'll be back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in ProvidenceMerryVIPDined on 12/31/2013Always enjoy going to Ruth Chris. Waiters are always pleasant and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- special dinnerjodyDined on 12/31/2013It was very good;....just felt a little rushed. Every time I looked up I could see the waitress eyeing us to see if we were finished with our food and the hostess repeatedly coming by to see how close we were to being finished. Also, had requested window seating and they didn't have it for us. But, we were seated in a fabulous corner booth....even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Izzy (chef), Danielle (server),lunchladyVIPDined on 12/31/2013Izzy (chef), Danielle (server), and Tony (bartender) all went above and beyond to make our annual New Year's celebration at Ruth's Chris a huge success!!! Thanks for the exceptional food, service and drinks!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/30/2013Outstanding in every way! Prompt, professional service. Salad and main course perfectly prepared and seasoned. Decadent chocolate desert. No room for improvement. In other words...The usual Ruth's Chris Steakhouse experience. Very glad to have spent our anniversary with RC in PVD.Special Features:
- 12/28 Date night successAliRNDined on 12/28/2013Delicious steak & great attentive service, I fell in love with my boyfriend all over again in the restaurant's beautiful settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak !!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/28/2013I love steak and the ribeye that I had was the best steak i have ever had in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been betterMacofev80Dined on 12/25/2013My husband and I went for Christmas dinner. We started with a half dozen oysters, which may have been the highlight of the meal. We both had ribeyes, which were quite good, though mine was pretty fatty. For the price, however, we would have expected grass-fed beef. We also ordered two sides: sautéed mushrooms and spinach au gratin. I had a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. For dessert we shared the chocolate explosion. All together, we paid $180 including tip. The sides were pathetic. The entrees were over $40 each, and for that price, and for the low quality of the sides, they should have been included. The dessert was nothing special. For the amount of money we paid, we were really disappointed. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- Christmas Day dinner was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/25/2013Christmas Day dinner was wonderful. Good specials and food delivered as promised. Liked variety of side dishes including at least 6 different potato preparations. Flourless chocolate cake outstanding.Special Features:
- High Quality Food and ServiceTonyDined on 12/25/2013We have been to the Boston location, but this was our first time visiting the Providence restaurant. The atmosphere is very elegant, the service is outstanding and you will not find a better steak anywhere. If you like steak, this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2013My husband and I have been to Ruth's Chris quite a few times, to Providence as well as other locations in other states. We enjoy sitting at the bar. It was a Monday night and the chef was not as attentive as he should of been. 3 out of 5 steaks were not properly cooked, too rare. That was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !!!JKB123VIPDined on 12/18/2013This is our favorite restaurant !!! The steaks here are the best !!! My husband and I celebrate all if our special occasions at Ruth Chris Steakhouse !!! Staff is also great !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!JulieDined on 12/6/2013The ambience was perfect. The staff was ready to greet us and make our dining experience pleasurably. The crisp salads on the cold plates was a delight. The filet came out sizzling in the hot plate and melted in a buttery perfection in my mouth. The Brussel sprouts and bacon were amazing. The chocolate torte with fresh berries was the ultimate decadence to end the feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding serviceBostonTonyDined on 11/28/2013Our server was attentive, knowledgeable and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving specialLynneDined on 11/28/2013Not necessarily noted for their turkey dinners, Ruth's Chris was a great experience for Thanksgiving. The service was excellent, the food delicious and the surprise take home leftovers bag excellent the next day. No one was disappointed with their food choices whether it was turkey or steak and we ordered a variety of steaks. The thanksgiving dinner was a special and very affordable and the pricier meals well worth the extra dollars. Looking forward dining here on a quieter night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWkcljfDined on 11/24/2013What a delicious meal for our special night. We are both still dreaming about our steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.