Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
177 Park Avenue, Suite 100
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4089477000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Jose hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanjose
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (80)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2014I have visited places such as Ruth's Chris, Capital Grill and Manny's Steakhouse in Minneapolis. Regarding Morton's I found the service to be great and the ambience excellent. The food wasn't bad but it wasn't nearly as good as what I've had at many of Ruth's Chris. Given that Morton's is supposed to be in the same class as Ruth's Chris or a Manny's steakhouse or a Capital Grill I would expect comparable food. In my opinion, it wasn't' the preparation or anything like that, its just a lesser cut of beef I imagine. It was good but not Great. My advice is if you want all that you get in Mortons, but with much better food, go to Ruth's Chris. In short, Mortons is not worthy of the prices given the alternatives out there.Special Features:
- ImpressionableGemmaDined on 5/20/2014I went to Morton's for my Birthday. They made me feel special from beginning to end. With birthday confetti, a personalized menu, a picture of the table to take home and dessert. Food was awesome service attentive. What more could you ask for. It is a higher end dinning and you are treated as such. So gentlemen take your special lady here and she will be talking about it for weeks.Special Features:
- The following 1253 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - San Jose reviews archive.
- Fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014First stop is the bar. You must have the Secret Garden cocktail. The most refreshing predinner drink you will ever have. This is my fourth time there this year. When I crave steak, I've tried other places but nothing beats Morton's. For an appetizer I highly recommend the prosciutto mozzarella option. For a steak, the bone in ribeye. I go to the San Jose location. During my last dining experience. I was lucky enough to get Susan at our table. She's wonderful, attentive, helpful, fun and very knowledgeable. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Great ServiceSiliconValleyManDined on 5/13/2014If you love steaks, this is the place to go. The flavors were wonderful and the steaks were tender and cooked to perfection. All the side dishes were wonderful as well. The staff was attentive and focused on ensuring we had an excellent dining experience. While it is a bit pricey, you will walk away saying it was worth it! There is a difference between price and value, and Morton's delivers a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionLukeTomaselloDined on 5/11/2014We really enjoyed our dinner and the wine list was impressive. I got the Chicago Style bone-in Rib eye, it was fabulous. My wife got the seafood platter and it was also very good. I was a little disappointed with the wilted spinach salad. They call it a chopped spinach salad. Actually, the wilted spinach salad should not be chopped, and it wasn't warm enough to suite me. Ideally it should be prepared table-side. Still, a wonderful dining experience and we'll be going back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014Had a lovely dinner with exceptional service at Morton's. We have always been happy with the meal and the service. The visiting manager assisted with table service as it was a busy Mother's Day dinner time. That was so very much appreciated. Our waiter was great, checking on us often despite the fact that he looked like he was very busy with lots of tables. Highly recommend Morton's SJ.Special Features:
- I probably wouldn't come backluvsteakhouses888Dined on 5/11/2014This is the 2nd time that I have been to this restaurant and location. The first time was when I took out my friend to celebrate her bday a few years ago. Service and food was okay. Thought I give it another try for Mother's Day and brought our kids. We asked for medium well steaks but the meat was too medium for us. It was too dark for us to see inside the restaurant until we took our leftovers home. Yikes! Service was okay. I'm going easy on our server because she was pregnant and it could be due to her being tired and not feeling well. Otherwise, I'd be much harsher on the review. As for kids, it's not a kid friendly place! Go elsewhere if you going to bring them along.Special Features:
- Good night outDeaconDeanDined on 5/10/2014The food was great. The service was good. We had a party of 6. Our waitress was extremely efficient but did not smile a lot. We had a member of our party that was celebrating a birthday. The staff took very good care of her. They even took pictures and put them in a Birthday card that she had before we left. The drinks were excellent. I ate too much and not able to comment on the deserts. I found Morton's to be very similar to Alexanders in food quality. For me Alexanders atmosphere is a little better. I will be back to Morton's in the next couple of monthsSpecial Features:
- Most enjoyable dinnercambellDined on 5/9/2014We had the most enjoyable dinner experience in a long time. The table was in the corner,the lights medium, the waiter not too bothersome. The food was very good. We took our time and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad steaks and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Service was very rushed and the steaks were tuff.Special Features:
- MortonsJohnF3Dined on 5/7/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Mortons. Service was excellent and food was great. I have ben here few times before and will come here again.Special Features:
- Classic steakhousekonaboyDined on 5/6/2014Fine service in a classic upscale steak house. Beef is highest quality with over sized sides all with excellent service. Not a cheap date but well worth it for a special evening or treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for steak/serviceSteakNDessertDined on 4/26/2014We had a great dining experience. My wife and I went for my birthday. Aaron was our waiter - very attentive and knowledgeable. The warm bread/butter is really a nice treat while we waited for our food. We had the crab cake appetizer - very good and tasty and we split a Bibb salad which had a perfect amount of dressing. My wife had the filet while I had Chicago style bone-in ribeye steak. Both were prepared the way we like it and just a tad under seasoned. Had a few sides, spinach & mushrooms which were excellent and the Lyonnaise potatos which was crispy. Then on to dessert! I had a complimentary raspberry souffle. The best I have had ever, and a creme brulee. Morton also took our photo and printed it out for us to take home. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dinning experience at MortonsBuckDined on 4/24/2014I had high expectations for Morton's . The results were much less. Food I thought was okay but when you add in the high I cost, the value is poor. Service was nothing special. Again for the price you are paying, I would rank the value poor. To top it off, after spending almost $1000.00 (one thousand dollars) for dinner, I had to pay for parking. You would think that they would offer to validate my $7 parking fee. No Will I return? No. Would I recommend it? No. Save yourself lots of money and get as good if not better service and go to Outback Steak HouseSpecial Features:
- Wonderful SteakhouseOceanSwimmerDined on 4/18/2014First, my steak was cooked perfectly and I enjoyed it to the last bite. The wine stuart helped select a California Cabernet that I had not had before and it was excellent not over priced. The compliment of the service, food and wine made for a great experience. Our business dinner was serviced perfectly. I will be visiting again.Special Features:
- No service mindEntreprenourDined on 4/18/2014(1) No smile, no friendly at all. (2) Even when wine glass becomes empty, no pouring service. (3) Nobody shows up at all to ask if we need any services. (4) No apology even if they made mistake and they insisted only their rightness.
- Enjoyable!mgginsjDined on 4/17/2014Anniversary dinner; great ambiance; treated . . . just like you would expect from a high end establishment . . . like we were the customer! Our waiter was extremely personable, helped us with our dinner choices. Food was everything I hoped! Great choices, great flavor, perfectly prepared. Worth every penny! We will be back!Special Features:
- disrespectfulcarolsanjoseDined on 4/17/2014We will never go there again. My husband ordered the special without the sauces etc. I ordered the small Fillet. My food was good , my husbands steak tastes terrible, after the first bite did not go well he told the waiter that he was sorry but, that this was the worst steak he had ever had. The waiter immediately took the plate and said I will bring you another fillet, no apologies or any other words. After 20 min a steak was put in front of him he asked for the manager and told him he did not want the steak the manager , sorry about that I will get your bill. We left after paying for my food and our drinks with no sincere apology at all.. We are Landrys select members and have also passed this info on to there feedback page
- DINNER AT MORTONSMicheleDined on 4/12/2014For many years, Morton's has been one of our favorite restaurants for fine dining and steaks. I'm afraid this is no longer true. I should have been forewarned since I was able to make a reservation one hour before going, on a Saturday night. The waiter was great and provided wonderful service. The food was not good at all. We ended up paying $175.00 for two steaks (ribeye and NY) both full of gristle. Seriously. Mine should have been marbled, not gristly. Our one baked potato came to the table luke warm. We sent it back. Our wedge salad was ok. I had one glass of wine. So two gristly steaks, one cold potato, a salad and a glass of wine for $175.00. I think not. This restaurant has lost the recipe, literally and figuratively.
- when you are in the mood for beefOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014great place for a steak on a special occasion. go easy on the sides--each serving is huge. broccoli and mac n cheese seemed to be our tables favorite.Special Features:
- Special 50th Birthday CelebrationJackalDined on 4/9/2014We love Mortons. This was our 2nd dining experience there and we were very excited to share this with our friend who was turning 50 yrs old. She loved the confetti on the table with the "Happy Birthday" spelled out. The special menu designed for her and was especially excited about the complimentary photo that was taken. It was a bonus to have the wonderful food too! We started with crab cakes....selected a wonderful salad to share...and two of us chose one of the Mixed Grills and it did not disappoint. It was wonderful. The men had cajun rib eye steaks and LOVED them. The only thing we were missing was the superb service this time. BUT, we will still be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ver nice place but too expensiveLuvSjDined on 4/7/2014I knew I was going to a pricy restaurant , but I thought it over rated with $$ vs food quality and portions... The service was nice and friendly...zSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The crab cake is very good. ItsjvisitDined on 4/7/2014The crab cake is very good. It would be nice if it is open for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the group and specialRickDined on 4/6/2014Great for the group and special occasion we were celebrating.Special Features:
- Not sure why I keep goingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2014Not sure why I keep going back. A steakhouse should very rarely screw up the tempature of the steak and this one has done it several times. Ruth Chris please come to the South Bay quickly.Special Features:
- What a TreatPunkinDined on 4/3/2014Great service, outstanding food, serene ambience. The wait staff was attentive, very courteous and responsive. Food was delicious, although French onion soup was slightly salty.Special Features:
- Excellent food! The meat tacosRasheedaDined on 3/29/2014Excellent food! The meat tacos were so good! The bread was good...Loved the Scallops and Steak!!!! The banana split could have been a bit smaller, it was for 2 people, but could feed 4 :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated Mom's Birthday!risyellowDined on 3/28/2014My family and I had a fabulous time at Morton's. The staff customized our dinner menu's "Happy 51st Birthday, Mom", put confetti on our table, took a birthday picture and printed it out for us, and gave her a wonderful birthday dessert with a candle. The food, service, and drinks were great. We can't wait to go back. :)Special Features:
- Great Experiencebugsy7of9Dined on 3/23/2014The service was attentive, without being suffocating. The food was delicious. The steaks were like butter and the fish was tender and moist. We had a lovely first experience and are likely to return to celebrate future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak wasn't as good as beforeDavidDined on 3/22/2014I main come here for the steaks. Our steaks wasn't cook properly and it wasn't as good compare to all other times we were there. I can cook a better steak at home with my grill and a Costco 7.99/lb steak. Can't believe we pay almost $200 for 2 so so steaks. Our server came by to ask about our steaks but we didn't start eating them yet so we didn't know. We ordered Med Rare and got pretty rare on both steaks. He didn't come by until almost 30 mins later so by that time we had already consumed the steak and didn't have a chance to send them back to the kitchen to recook. The quality of the steak is Choice at best, not prime dry aged. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice but pricey!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014Very nice special occasion place. Expensive but good. We went for my husband's birthday and they made him feel very special with an individually printed menu and birthday confetti on our table along with a picture. Food was good but not as outstanding as the Morton's in New York we've been to. Not sure if they get steaks from a different place or not but they were good but they were not extraordinary as the price was. Overall, a nice experience but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service impeccableluv2eatoutDined on 3/21/2014It goes without saying that the food at a high end steakhouse should be excellent and on this visit to Morton's it was. What stood out for us was the service which was a perfect balance of comfortable pacing, pleasant humor, anticipation of what we might want and the almost invisible but well timed refilling of water and wine glasses and removal of empty plates. It's an element that's often missing in lesser restaurants.Special Features:
- Birthday BeautyIrishEyesDined on 3/8/2014My husband loves a good steak. We came to Morton's for just that reason and we weren't disappointed. We had one of the best meals of our lives, with great recommendations from the staff. It was a beautiful night out & well worth the price for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our wedding anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/2/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary. We've been to Morton's many times. Always a treat. Service is ALWAYS great. Meal was fantastic.Could not have had a better evening! Try the soufflé for dessert (be sure to order it when you order dinner as it takes 30 min to prepare ahead.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissMikeDined on 2/24/2014I love this restaurant but have had mixed experiences there -- at least recently. In the most recent visit, the food quality (especially for the steak) was not what I expected. I had a center-cut rib eye and it was extremely fatty... Not the good-sort-of-marbled you'd expect from a rib eye, but big chunks of fat which made the steak partially inedible. My wife and friends had the filet, which was good but not outstanding. On the other hand, the crab cakes, lobster cocktail, and shrimp cocktail were absolutely fantastic, as were the drinks and ambience. But for a $125/pp meal at arguably the most prestigiously named steak house, I expected better steak.Special Features:
- felt like a VIPCathySaratogaDined on 2/23/2014We received such great service, we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Customer CareDanADined on 2/21/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there. They had decorations on the table, a personalized menu, and a complimentary dessert. Everyone that came into contact with us that evening sincerely wished a "Happy Anniversary." The food was great and the service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing spectaculartarnicusVIPDined on 2/16/2014The steak was good, the service was good, the wine list was good. Nothing was great which is what not what the price tag should suggest. I'd recommend this for a happy hour get together if you're in the area but don't go out of your way.Special Features:
- You can't judge all chainstheshinyinternetsDined on 2/16/2014We always brushed off Morton's as "the chain steak place". In a random fit a few weeks ago when we wanted quality to eat at home, we discovered they had take out. The food was surprisingly good. This weekend, we actually went and ate there for the first time. I think this particular Morton's gets overlooked because it is isn't near any of the other San Pedro downtown action. When SP2 and the other "hot" spots are booked, Morton's usually still has a few tables, since it's off the narrow beaten path of downtown. And the food is actually spectacular. The steak, the salmon, the chicken, the mac n' cheese, the potatoes, the desserts. And the service is generally thorough and friendly, to boot. We're going to make this a regular night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/16/2014The focus, at Morton's, is definitely the meat. The steaks were great and cooked to perfection. The unfortunate part is some of the sides and desserts. The mashed sweet potato side was excellent, but the potatoes gratin was bland and "wet". The chocolate mousse was amazing, but the creme brûlée was not set up at all (like soup with a crust on top). Had to send the first brûlée back, and the second was...better...at first...and quickly softened into goop. The service was excellent, though, so I'll keep it at 4 stars overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.