47 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barrio47.com/
- Phone: 2122553900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday from 5pm
Brunch: Saturday 11:30am - 3:30pm / Sunday Noon - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Franco Barrio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available, visit our website at www.barrio47.com/menus
- Entertainment: Background lounge music
- Special Events: BRUNCH
A la carte or $39 Unlimited Champagne Cocktails Brunch with 1 Entree.
FEAST FOR THE SENSES
Large format meats roasted to perfection in our wood-burning oven.
From 8 guests, 5 days advanced notice.
SPECIAL EVENTS @ BARRIO 47
We can accommodate up to 75 guests for a cocktail reception and up to 50 guests for a seat-down dinner. Our communal table can be reserved for parties ranging from 8 to 18 guests and our open kitchen dining area can accommodate 30+ guests.
For more info, go to www.barrio47.com
A word from Barrio 47
Barrio 47 is a West Village gem and a destination for foodies! Chef Franco Barrio's Mediterranean menu offers a great variety of signatures dishes from Spain, Italy & France, all prepared from the open kitchen's wood-fired brick oven. Diner's Choice Winner for Best Mediterranean Restaurant in NYC since 2011.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barrio 47 reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (22)great for brunch (17)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (13)romantic (13)special occasion (11)late-night find (11)great for lunch (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Barrio is on fireGinoDined on 12/7/2013What a night ! We were greated at the door by roman After warm welcome we ordered 2 cocktail that was crafted perfectly by very attentive good looking bartender We sat just in front of the open kitchen The visual and scent were amazing We order our food that arrive promptly The octopus was the highlight along with the famous coca mushrooms The ambiance was great and the food solid We love barrio 47 and we will return again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013Just amazing. The food was great our waitress was friendly and knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a cozy settingKeyvanDined on 11/23/2013I picked this place for a birthday dinner after seeing all the positive reviews and I definitely agree with what was said. This is a relatively small restaurant with tall communal tables so it's all very cozy and sociable. We happened to be sitting next to a celebrity actually; which made the night doubly more memorable. The food is excellent and the staff were very friendly and attentive. They don't rush you to get out even though it is a busy place and it seems to get packed on sat nights. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch dealVavalouVIPDined on 11/17/2013Their brunch special included 3 champagne cocktails - not bad at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always happy here!NomNomNomVIPDined on 11/17/2013this is the second time I've been to Barrio 47, and I don't know why it's only been twice! The food is delicious, service is great, and it's in a little tucked away place off of busy 8th ave. I will be back again. Oh, if you eat meat you must get the bacon (a side at brunch) seriously flavorful and crispy but still moist and wonderfully salty, as bacon should be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for brunch. ThejsalVIPDined on 11/10/2013Went here for brunch. The lox crostini was delicious. The lobster cakes was just ok. The truffle fries that came with the dishes was excellent, as was the honey glazed bacon. Service was excellent. We had no problems using a promotion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group Sunday brunchminnielilynycDined on 11/10/2013Perfect choice for me and the rest of my group. We had a reservation for 14 which was reduced to 10 but staff accommodated us wonderfully. Food was great. Many good choices w the 3 drink brunch option. Every one loved this place. I'm so glad I found them. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a great time. The FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013we had a great time. The French waiter Matthieu is super nice and the cocktail as are amazing, the food is also yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ...ase1707VIPDined on 11/4/2013Barrio 47 is a small restaurant that serves consistently fine food. There is a warm feeling as one enters the restaurant and it carries over throughout the dinner. Our waitress was from France and she was helpful, professional and competent. Not only is the service very good, but the presentation of the dishes is perfect. The lobster paella is a dish worth having. It is not too big and it is loaded with fresh lobster, sausage, rice, etc. This has become our local place to go that is located just outside our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialDrnickDined on 11/2/2013Great food! Small but well appointed space which makes you feel like you are in Spain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favourite in the villageBronVIPDined on 10/31/2013Great food, service - a chic oasis in the village. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discovered, Now a FaveUptownScribeVIPDined on 10/28/2013Great for light seafood dishes. Not quite tapas but reasonable sized meals. It's not healthy in any way but the homemade churros for dessert are a decadent treat to finish the salty meal with a sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well taken care of!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2013Large group of us on a saturday night. restaurant was full, but we all felt well attended to. no one had any complaints about the food. Great new neighborhood find!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, everytime. EverythingBeirutVIPDined on 10/22/2013Great food, everytime. Everything we ordered (almost the whole menu) , very good, the beef, pork, and scallops are all great. Finish with the churros, they're guilt goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceAnneVIPDined on 10/21/2013Our waiter took those extra steps to make a meal into something really extra special. The food was great and if you love mussels this is a must try as they prepare them in a different way every night. Our waiter even brought over a glass of wine to my husband, on the house because it paired well with what he had ordered. Very small but special place.Special Features:
- Delicous Dinner!nycfoodieDined on 10/17/2013Was my second time and the food was once again amazing! We started with the fish tacos and their flatbread, very tasty. They were serving a special lamb paella, that was the best one i ever had, my friend had the white truffle lasagna, delicious!!! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itearlybirdDined on 10/11/20134 of us went very early (6pm) on a Friday, no other diners in the back area yet, just some folks towards the front at the bar. Background music was playing softly, not intrusive. We left around 7:30 and there were more diners and more at the bar then but noise level still ok. Service was prompt, courteous, not rushed. Food was excellent - 2 got the hanger steak, 2 got a pork chop special, shared the octopus and the croquettes to start - all wonderful. Spent $50 for a very decent bottle of red wine as well. Plenty of food so no dessert, maybe because we ate too much of the nice toasted country bread with a tasty spread they bring you before the apps. Check with tax but before tip was a little under $220. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Poor servicePoohDined on 10/10/2013I was 15 minutes late for my reservation, which I explained to the manager on the phone when he called me. He was very understanding very pleasant and professional. And then we sat down @8.15 and we didn't get our appetizer 'till 8.55pm, And dinner 40 min later. They keep coming to apologize and their excuses was there is a big group ahead of us. I don't know what that means. If the staff can't handle a big group and regulars reservation , then close the place down for a private party. That is my suggestion I never give less than 18% tip if not more. This time it was my pleasure to do so. BTW. Sword fish was excellentSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant.ase1707VIPDined on 10/3/2013This was the second time that my wife and I had dinner at Barrio 47. We returned after a wonderful experience the first time and this time we were not disappointed even though our expectations were much higher. The lobster paella is the perfect dish and it makes for one of the best meals in the extended area. This is a fun way to spend an evening with very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for West Village brunchknizickDined on 9/29/2013I took a group of out of town colleagues here, and the brunch lived up to its hype. We had four main brunch entrees across the five of us, and everyone said their plate was great. Plus, if you check in on foursquare/facebook, you get a free cocktail, so we each got a drink for free. The waitress was really sweet and attentive as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real SurpriseHappyDinerVIPDined on 9/28/2013It's always refreshing (and rare) to experience a restaurant that offers great food, service, and ambience. Barrio 47 hit the mark with all three. We dined here for my husband's birthday dinner and there were four of us. Each of us ordered a different main course and we also had three starters. The octopus was excellent as was the hanger steak, salmon and lobster paella. The most pleasant part of our meal was Chloe, our server. She was absolutely delightful and so efficient! All in all, such a wonderful experience. We will return for the DELICIOUS food! Such a nice staff at the restaurant, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. OnlyblermsDined on 9/21/2013Great food and service. Only qualm was that it was very loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2013My husband and I dined here this past weekend and everything was wonderful. We got the window table in front by the bar, which I thought was perfect, noise level was pretty decent since we were further away from the main dining area. The service was excellent, attentive, yet not overbearing and the food was delicious. We stayed for an after dinner drink and they never rushed us to get out the door, even on a packed Saturday night. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great appetizers. EspeciallySAP1VIPDined on 9/13/2013Great appetizers. Especially the scallops and tacos on the appetizer menu. The entrees were fine - some great, others ordinary. High noise level - very energetic. Unfortunately the service was poor. Table was 25+ mins late... after 15 mins the server said they were just cleaning the table up, when clearly the previous party was still at the table. They didn't offer us anything while we were waiting.
- Expected Much MoretomayVIPDined on 9/13/2013Seated in horrible spot - at front window - there should NOT even be a table there- Iffy service, HIGH prices SMALL plates- Honestly food is very good-NOT great but very good- You just DON'T get enough of anything here to make it worth your while- if you come to sit at the bar and drink- great- i think thats what they do best-NOT worth a second trip
- Glad I found a new spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2013Great food, ambiance and best sangria I've tasted in a whiłe (and I'm not a big sangria fan). Notable dishes - short rib pasta and tartares. Will definitely come back and already told my friends they must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualSarahVIPDined on 8/24/2013Even my bf who is incredibly picky loved this place! We split the scallops to start and he had the short rib fettuccine and I had the fish of the day. He even liked my fish dish...until I told him the black rice had squid ink in it. It was delicious!Special Features:
- Great food, great servicecmd11Dined on 8/24/2013The menu was an interesting variety of modern Mediterranean dishes. The appetizers were our group's favorite part - the tuna or salmon tartare and fish tacos were wonderful for sharing. I had lobster paella as the main course and there was a generous quantity of lobster meat garnishing the top of the beautifully presented dish. Very, very rich but very good. The rest of our party ordered the monkfish special and raved about it. The waitstaff were friendly and attentive without being cloying.Special Features:
- All around amazing!MelPowVIPDined on 8/23/2013I only make it to NYC a handful of times every year, but whenever I do I do my best to make it to Barrio 47. The food, service, drinks, ambiance...perfect. Hands down one of the best restaurants in the city. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Once AgainDavidIVIPDined on 8/18/2013Another dinner, another great experience at Barrio 47. This time I was in a group of ten, but the end result was the same...an awesome time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!LFishDined on 8/17/2013Adorable gem that you wouldn't see unless you knew it was there. Best sangria!! Love that they cook the food right there for you to see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot in west villageYvetteVIPDined on 8/16/2013Wasn't sure what to expect, but overall very nice. Small space a bit tight--however food and service quite good. Enjoyed the meal and the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ For Barrio 47DavidIVIPDined on 8/14/2013Excellent food, attentive staff and great atmosphere. Looking forward to going back. Highly recommended. A+!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, comfortable fortreatsnsnoozinVIPDined on 8/10/2013great food, comfortable for our group of 8. would definitely recommend to others!Special Features:
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2013My husband and I were staying in Chelsea for the weekend. I looked in OpenTable for a place within walking distance and main courses, preferably less than $30, and I chose Barrio 47. We were not disappointed. The food and drinks were wonderful and the service was friendly. We started with warm crusty country style bread with the most delicious tomato aioli spread. I had the grilled hanger steak with and my husband had the special which was stripped bass, both of which had yummy sauces. My husband enjoyed his beer and I enjoyed my glass of sangria and the glass of red wine our server chose to go with my steak. Our only disappointment was just 3 desserts to chose from. While they sounded good they were heavier than we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, vibeBrooklynwinoVIPDined on 8/9/2013It's the kind of place that has great food and a great place to go for some fun. The folks in the know- know to go to barrio.Special Features:
- Great service, delicious food & winSeaBunnyNYCDined on 8/9/2013First time having dinner at this lovely find in the West Village. Wanted to take family visiting from out of town to a place we all hadn't tried yet. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The oysters were fresh and only a $1 each before 7pm, happy hour special. The scallop appetizer was very tasty, and the salmon entree and seabass special were fresh and delightful, as well. I highly suggest trying the truffle fries. I will definitely come here again, especially for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceJulesNYCDined on 8/5/2013Went for early dinner, oysters were super fresh, my drink El DIablo was inventive and delicious. The staff couldn't be more attentive and helpful. We had a wonderful time, looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food cute spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2013Small space brick cozy vibe not overly crowded on this particular weeknight. Outstanding food!!! Surprising actually. The brunch/lunch menus look equally terrific I can't wait to come back. Fantastic drinks as well. Desert menu limited so would not necessarily Come just for that but the homemade churros were tasty:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food was what was expected,LouieDined on 7/25/2013The Food was what was expected, Super. The ambiance was energetic and a bit on the noisy side. Unfortunately, they were going through a health inspectors visit and we could not get the full attention of the wait staff. I would go back and would like to experience better attention from the staff.Special Features: