47 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barrio47.com/
- Phone: 2122553900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday from 5pm
Brunch: Saturday 11:30am - 3:30pm / Sunday Noon - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Franco Barrio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available, visit our website at www.barrio47.com/menus
- Entertainment: Background lounge music
- Special Events: BRUNCH
A la carte or $39 Unlimited Champagne Cocktails Brunch with 1 Entree.
FEAST FOR THE SENSES
Large format meats roasted to perfection in our wood-burning oven.
From 8 guests, 5 days advanced notice.
SPECIAL EVENTS @ BARRIO 47
We can accommodate up to 75 guests for a cocktail reception and up to 50 guests for a seat-down dinner. Our communal table can be reserved for parties ranging from 8 to 18 guests and our open kitchen dining area can accommodate 30+ guests.
For more info, go to www.barrio47.com
A word from Barrio 47
Barrio 47 is a West Village gem and a destination for foodies! Chef Franco Barrio's Mediterranean menu offers a great variety of signatures dishes from Spain, Italy & France, all prepared from the open kitchen's wood-fired brick oven. Diner's Choice Winner for Best Mediterranean Restaurant in NYC since 2011.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barrio 47 reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (22)great for brunch (17)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (14)romantic (14)special occasion (11)late-night find (11)great for lunch (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great find!cbweaver88Dined on 5/2/2014Found this great little restraurant and cocktail bar just walking in the area. Lobster Taco's are the way to go for an appetizer, for an entree I was suggested the hanger steak which was cooked perfect. Overall a great little find with a relaxed intimate feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDavidIVIPDined on 4/29/2014Once again the folks at Barrio 47 nailed it. The food was amazing, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014WOW!!!! We booked this as an "easy" go to place to meet a friend, and we were blown away by the hospitality, quality of food and impeccable service!! Starting with amazing fresh mixed cocktails at the bar, we were surprised how small this place was. Our seats, opposite the kitchen were perfect. The small kitchen was run perfectly, and unlike many other places, even sitting opposite the kitchen, we couldn't smell any food smells! THAT is an efficient kitchen! Our waitress was adorable, and so nice, we'd return just to see her again! the host was very accommodating, and although it is a bit cramped, you never feel squashed or rushed. The food was outstanding. the sea bass tacos, the croquettes, the lobster ravioli, the scallops, the salmon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Brunch Spot!Fishfood4Dined on 4/19/2014We went to Barrio 47 for brunch and it was great. The service was good. We enjoyed all of our food, especially the french toast and the fish tacos. We'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- First Time GreatFoodFiendVIPDined on 4/18/2014Second time not. We had a reservation and it wasn't honored in a timely fashion, so we left. Food is very good and recommended, but if a table isn't ready on time, I'm not going back.
- Good energyNYCGalVIPDined on 4/5/2014Even with a reservation, we had to wait quite a bit. Not complaining: the staff was very friendly and offered us a glass of wine at the bar while we were waiting.The menu offers a good variety and dishes are tasty and well prepared. Just a bit noisy at night on a weekend. But it is different during the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit did not disappointWestVillageHoodRatDined on 4/5/2014Made our second visit to 47 with friends-- The menu has changed a bit, but they did not disappoint. Everyone enjoyed their meals-- do not miss the mushroom truffle flat bread--- OMG!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceCarolineDined on 4/4/2014We had an amazing time at Barrio 47 with my friends. The wonderful food, warm welcoming and caliente ambience brought us to warm and sunny Spain, even though it was pouring rain outside! The sangria is fabulous, so is the steak, and the chocolate cake is to die for! This restaurant is great for both dates or diners with friends! It is one of those surprisingly nice discoveries of NY you can't get enough of. You have to try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good wine & Good staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/29/2014Went there on a recommendation. We let the waiter make a food and wine selection for us! Thing that I actually never did, It was original and my friends and myself loved it! Merci beaucoup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/8/2014Went there with some friends of friends. Staff was very welcoming and attentive. Food was excellent as I expected it. They loved it! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunchRegulardinerVIPDined on 3/8/2014We were a party of 7 with a Noon reservation. The food was outstanding, but the service incredibly slow and half hearted. One meal did not come until the rest of us were done eating, and in general we were served piecemeal, which was odd given the high caliber of the food overall. While the waiter offered on his own to take that really late meal off the bill, it was an inexcusable delay, particularly given it was slow when we came in, and we had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Delicious!veros925Dined on 3/2/2014Went here for brunch w/ friends & the experience was great! All the food is prepared in front of you. The place is small, quaint & has a rustic shabby chic decor. We had the lobster cake benedict, chicken milanese, frech toast, and steak & eggs. The steak was prepared beautifully & the rub is to die for. The benedict was superb, with the most delicious truffle fries! The milanese had fresh avocado & a very tasty sauce. The french toast was so yummy & the fruit was fresh. We also ordered the mac& cheese as a side dish & OMG!! It was so good I wanted to lick the pot when I was done!! The "passionate" was very good, not too sweet or strong. The waitress "a french sweetheart" was so friendly & attentive. I will most definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch HitJennyLCVIPDined on 3/1/2014From the moment we entered, the hostess was attentive to my OT request on seating us in a quiet spot for conversation conducive. The server & bartender also attended to us where we felt we had special treatment. The lobster eggs benedict was delicious & the Detox fruit drinks were my favorite! I will definitely return to try more of the brunch menu & the $35 brunch with 3 drink special next time!Special Features:
- Very energetic very good dining expTontonDined on 2/15/2014It was a great experience, the salmon is delicious and a must try also their paella was good overall a great place for casual or romantic dinerSpecial Features:
- A delightful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/14/2014Amazing experience, went for Valentine's day dinner, the decoration was very romantic, red roses all over the place, food was delicious and service discreet and professional!!! Thank you again, you made the evening so memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayDanielDined on 2/14/2014Took the lady here for Valentine's Day, and we were very impressed. Ambiance was very romantic, food from brick oven was delicious, specialty cocktails were unique, and service was excellent. It was a bit pricy, but that's par for the course given the holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prix fixe!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2014Came here last night for Valentine's Day dinner after a friend told me about their prix fixe menu. We sat at the bar around hundreds of amazing red roses (which they passed out to guests as they left!) and each went through the menu to see what we were going to order. They started us off with a yellow tail tartare that had just the right amount of spice. We decided on sharing two appetizers, the lobster ravioli and the seared waygu. Both were mouthwateringly delicious. We both decided to have the rib eye as our entree, which was cooked to perfection. The bartender was amazing and took such good care of us, going out of her way to make sure we had the best time. I can't wait to go back- they apparently have a new mussel dish every Monday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at Barrio47diningduoDined on 2/13/2014We were pleased at the diversity in the menu. One of us had two appetizers and a side dish which gave a good introduction to the entire menu - the other did standard entrée - lamb paella. All dishes were unique and very tasty. The lamb was the best either of us had in recent years. Service was quite good: attentive, but not intrusive. Dining early at Barrio47 (before 7:00pm) allows you to take in the oyster special ($1/). In all, very enjoyable evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot - nice food and winesrkubliVIPDined on 2/12/2014excellent attentive service, good food, good vibe in the place with only a limited amount of tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatBenTVIPDined on 2/8/2014Been to Barrio 47 3-4 times, always very very good. Food was excellent. For apps, the octopus is unreal. Large portion for an app, cooked very tender. Also had the lobster cakes. Very good as well, but the octopus is what I would rec. We also had the lamb tenderloin paella - and it was unreal. The lamb was perfectly cooked, and the paella was excellent. I actually prefer the lamp paella to the lobster paella which is also very very good, and their signature dish. From past experience, I can also rec the hangar steak. Service was very good as usual. Friendly, quick, no mistakes. The ONLY minor thing I would say is that the wine list is pricey. Not a lot of low or mid-priced options. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationsJeyaDined on 2/1/2014Three families got together for 2 birthdays for dinner at Barrio 47. We all had a wonderful time. The food was delicious and Chloe our waitress was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a diner!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2014Such a good experience! The food was amazing, we tried the octopus(delicious and original)and the burrata (fresh, the best I've ever had) Followed by the paellas and the ribeye.that was so tasty. Kitchen, service, coktails were awesome. We ll be back very soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as always..OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/25/2014Brought a good friend visiting, that I hadn't seen for a long time. Attentive staff and delicate food and cocktails were still on page! Thank You Barrio47!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExperienceMarfeseDined on 1/25/2014Went here for a birthday and the food and wine were fantastic. Service was friendly and quick. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Great food and friendly and attentive service. We had a really good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2014What is not to love about Barrio 47? Simply amazing fusion tapas and paellas...love the energy, bar scene, and especially the attentive staff who make your dining experience even more special... In love...with Barrio 47...Special Features:
- Monday Mussel Night is a great dealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/20/2014$20 gets you a delicious bowl of mussels, truffle fries and an IPA on Monday nights. Besides being a great deal, the other dishes we ordered from oysters to chocolate lava cake were all great. Service was very friendly as well. The only thing that would be better is if they had a glass of wine under $10. Cheapest red was $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining!SixWitchDined on 1/19/2014Went there for a date on a quiet Sunday night, the food was KILLER. KILLER (That SQUID! That macaroni! That STEAK!)...and the wait staff, bussers and cooks were all a delight. Best fine dining experience I've had in a long time. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent drinksEZGoingDined on 1/18/2014We got to the restaurant early and had drinks at the bar. The red sangria, El Diablo (tequila with Habanero) and bartender (Christina) were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, great place!dacalisterDined on 1/4/2014Outstanding: cuisine, ambient and service! Definitely, a place to come back several times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Environment and Good FoodFreqntDinnDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I went for New Year’s Eve. The place was lively and the staff was courteous and fun to be around. The food was excellent despite the craziness of a party night with lots of people trying to eat at the same time. Avoid sitting at the last table in the back of the restaurant on a winter night as there is a huge draft from a open door that would occasionally open. We had a great experience and intend on going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Cook StaffpaularDined on 12/31/2013Four of us had New Year's Eve dinner here. The menu was excellent and choices accommodated everyone. Overall it was a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve Extravaganza!NYCdiva09Dined on 12/31/2013I've visited Barrio47 on numerous occasions because the bartenders are phenomenal ( especially Kristina), but more importantly because ain't can't get enough of their cuisine. I've tried many things on the menu, but came especially got New Years Eve dinner and to celebrate a friends bday. Everything that we had from the appetizers, down to the dessert was exquisite. If you are looking for a great place to have a great meal no matter the occasion, Barrio47 is a great go-to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintFoodieVIPDined on 12/29/2013My Husband and I dined here when it was Seafood Sunday and they offered Seafood Paella with a glass of Sangria for $25. The Seafood Paella was individually proportioned and was adequate. My Husband ordered the lamb paella and was slightly disappointed since the lamb was a bit chewy. Although neither one of us had ever experienced a lamb paella. The restaurant is small but cozy. The overall dining experience was pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious cuisine!LauraMKDined on 12/28/2013The food was amazing as well as the service! Our table had fish tacos and the mushroom flatbread - both delicious! We listened to our server, Chloe, who was spot on, and tried the hanger steak and scallops for our main dish - again amazing! Thanks Barrio 47 for a great dinner. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable DiningHungrychickDined on 12/27/2013This restaurant is a great find. The first thing thats stands out is the food. The NY strip steak left a lasting impression, it was delicious. The mac and cheese also goes on the favorites list. Service was impeccable and attentive. Atmosphere is great and we especially liked the warm and amber lighting. Overall, this is a true NYC dining experience. We're coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked the menu and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/19/2013I liked the menu and food. When we placed our order, which was a series of appetizer plates and a salad plate, our waiter told us that it was not enough, even though we said we would prefer to start out our these choices and add more if need be. He again told us it was not enough! We stuck with what we wanted and between the three of us had 5 glasses of wine while we waited for the food. The food took very long and the waiter even apologized for the delay because there was a large party before us that had backed things up in the kitchen. It turned out that the food we ordered was just the right amount and we shared a dessert--it's one thing for the waiter to suggest that what is ordered is not enough, but beyond that, it's off putting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but deliciousLKPNYCDined on 12/19/2013The music got louder as the meal progressed- I couldn't always hear the people at my table. Still, I'd go back in a heartbeat for the best Brussels Sprouts EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful Eveningase1707VIPDined on 12/17/2013My wife and I have frequented Barrio 47 several times. It's a bit a walk for us, but the food just never disappoints. Starting with an amazing octopus appetizer and then enjoying the lobster paella made for the perfect meal. This restaurant is a gem with outstanding food. My wife and I will definitely return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013We had brunch there, food was great, service attentive. Great findI would recommend this to a friend.