Hudson Grille - Alpharetta
865 North Main Street
Atlanta, GA 30004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hudson Grille - Alpharetta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hudsongrille.com/
- Phone: 7707774127
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bill Kibby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You can see our complete parties and events package at http://www.metrocafes.com/hudsongrille/hudsongrille-menu.aspx
- Private Party Facilities: Perfect for your next party or business function. Let us cater to your exact needs to make your next even perfect!
- Private Party Contact: Eric Astin 7707774217
- Entertainment: KIDS EAT FREE ALL DAY EVERY DAY
Every Day: $1.75 Busch Pints
Wednesday: Live Music 9:30pm
Thursday: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Wings, Trivia 7:30
Friday: Karaoke 10pm, Xtreme Game Night
Saturday: UFC, Strikeforce
A word from Hudson Grille - Alpharetta
Hudson Grille Alpharetta offers 360-degree views for all of your favorite sporting events on our plasma screens and state-of-the-art sound systems. Hudson Grille is the perfect place to catch a game while hanging out with friends and family for food and drinks. Hudson Grille Alpharetta also offers a private party room capable of holding 18-20 people for your next special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hudson Grille - Alpharetta reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisappointingTrivianutsDined on 8/14/2014We've been going to Hudson for years and this time we noticed that the normally generous portions had decreased significantly. My turkey Reuben sandwich had half the amount of meat and almost no sauerkraut in it. I actually had to open it up to see if there was any at all. I sent my premium, hand crafted drink back because I truly believe that there was no alcohol in it whatsoever. I don't know what's going on, but it isn't good. Come on, Hudson, you can do so much better!Special Features:
- Friday Night Find!MangiaDined on 7/25/2014First visit Friday night.. Did not disappoint! great menu and fantastic variety of burgers.. Try Apple Slaw! YUM! Fast service and wait staff super nice!!! Loved My burger with Feta & kalamata olives, cucumbers.. With a side of fabulous apple slaw! ... AND desserts from Metrotainment Bakery.. The Best!! Will return!!! Often!Special Features:
- ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Nice place to take co-workers. We will come again thanks for you exceptional service! Angela the waitress was AWESOME!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 46 reviews are from the Hudson Grille - Alpharetta reviews archive.
- Not a fanBDMAtlantaLandAreaVIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was burnt. My wife had one of the chicken salads and it was not good. My food was adequate. Kids were not thrilled with their food either. Service was a bit slow but was friendly. Not sure what is going on at this spot but the cook's need to be replaced.
- Food was so soLadykemiDined on 5/11/2014The food was very so -so I had the steak salad. The service was just ok - a few gaps and reminders here and there. We had a large party of 9.Special Features:
- gefryjrVIPDined on 4/23/2014I am some colleagues went to Hudson Grille for wings, beer, and baseball, so my expectations were not that strenuous. Even so, the food was good and the beer was cold. The service was a bit lacking, but not enough to keep me from returning. Overall, a laid-back easy dinner with friends. I also like that Hudson Grille is on OpenTable so that I can make reservations at a local eatery.Special Features:
- uneducatedmad2dineDined on 4/20/2014The server was very goofy was not knowledgeable of food or drinks. Could not recommend anything on the menu when in the area I won't go thereSpecial Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Service was fair. The server seemed new which is not a problem. Didn't pick up plates in a timely manner. Took a while to get food for our order.Special Features:
- Nice upscale barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014I really enjoyed the food. Huge portions. Good beer. Need I say more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sport's BarJeffDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I went to Hudson's for the final 4. It was a wonderful experience. Form Alex (manager) to Scott (server) everyone made us feel at home. Service was really outstanding. Attentive but not overbearing and very fast even though they were busy. The food was excellent, much better than we expected and portions were generous. Prices are reasonable. The noise level was PERFECT. Active enough to know you are in a sports bar but not so loud you can't carry on a conversation. Overall a real find. We will be back!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayPopcornaddictDined on 4/4/2014Food and drinks were okay. Service was a bit slow. Paying was slow also which is rare!Special Features:
- Upset and disappointedRobby79Dined on 3/24/2014After checking online for several kid specials for dinner, I ran across multiple websites that offered this restaurant and location for Tues night .99 kids meals. Once receiving my bill and asking, I found out that obviously the information was incorrect. Along with a few other problems, I did not have a good experience there with my family.
- Higher end sports barChipvaDined on 3/20/2014Food was decent if not amazing. The place was quite crowded and we ended up with three different servers in our time there. I think all of them were adding us to an already overcrowded plate.Special Features:
- Fun place for groups.ReginaDined on 2/15/2014We had a large party and was seated right away. Was a bit loud but it was also Triva night. The food was good the only problem was due to the kitchen being backed up so our party got their food at different times but since we were not in a hurry it ok by us. Our server Ilan Joel was excellent dealing with our large party with a smile and was very helpful with suggestions as to what order and how to have it prepared. We will be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing drink list, even better fooHandymanjdDined on 2/14/2014This place may look like your typical neighborhood chain style bar, but it's far above average. I have yet to find anything on the menu that I don't like. Had the meatloaf last night, and I'm not a fan of spinach. But I've learned to trust the chef here, and it was rewarded with the best greens I've ever eaten. The meatloaf was also amazing. Whatever you get, ask for a small cup of the bacon tomato jam to dip, it's that good. The mac and cheese is not to be missed. They also have a nice selection of trendy Martini's (for only 5 bucks each!) but also know how to create actual drinks-the "new fashions) was great! It was good enough that my wife wanted to go there for Valentine's Day! It was loud, but not overly.Special Features:
- No more holidays!DisappointedDined on 12/25/2013Reservation was for 7pm; advised upon arrival the kitchen was backed up & wait for 15 mins.; 7:30pm kitchen still backed up wait another 15 mins. FINALLY seated @ 7:40pm, The server brought 1 persons food 10 minutes before the other 2. Note to restaurant: Never do a holiday seating again; you can't handle the traffic! This was one of the few places open in Alpharetta so a crowd should have been expected & additional staff scheduled. People with no reservation were seated before people with a reservation.Special Features:
- Always goodEllenDined on 12/24/2013We have eaten at Hudson Grille several times and everything we have ordered has been great!Special Features:
- Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2013Came on Christmas Eve. Reservations for 7, our table was ready for us when we arrived a few minutes early. It was my daughter's birthday and we were out celebrating. Everything was perfect and fun! Scott was our waiter and he was awesome. He made great suggestions and service was perfect. I had shrimp and grits which was delish and 3 people had the Reuben which they all loved too. My daughter had baked chicken breast, broccoli, and cheese grits and ate every morsel. Atmosphere upbeat, it is a sports bar after all. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and birthday dinner. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food & good valueFoodieJohnJDDined on 12/18/2013Booked the restaurant for a corporate dinner and they were very accommodating, service was great despite being busy and the prices were very reasonable. Nice bar area as well for watching sports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Hudson GrillejkatDined on 12/7/2013This is the second Hudson Grille that we've gone to and we love both of them. Food is very good....try the chili cheese tater tots. They are to die for!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving dinnerSusanMDined on 11/28/2013We enjoyed a delicious & casual & very enjoyable thanksgiving dinner. Going to make it a yearly tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have enjoyed Hudson's duringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013Have enjoyed Hudson's during a number of holidays. Food has been unusually good for the type of restauran,t which prompted us to try it again. This time the food was mediocre to poor in flavor and preparation. Service was pleasant but scattered and unorganized (somewhat understandable for a holiday). Wine was good.Special Features:
- Great food at reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2013This is a great spot. Food is consistently good, service pleasant and is mixed up with flat screens of sports and trivia. I've been here a few times now and would absolutely continue to drop in when I am next in town. Don't miss it in the Alpharetta area.....great burgers.....made the way we used to with some great preparations. Love the Maker's Mark burger!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid Friendly Sports Bar?JackDined on 10/19/2013This was our first time at Hudson Grille. We heard good things about the one in Brookhaven. We were not impressed. They did not have our Open Table reservation and the greeters were both arrogant and dismissive towards us. They did end up seating us in a nice booth. The beer selection was good. Our food was good. I was expecting it to be a bit more upscale and not so loud. It is simply a sports bar! Like many restaurants in Alpharetta there were kids running around everywhere . . . We go out to get away from kids (my wife teaches school all week). Service was good. Food was good. We may go back for a casual weeknight meal, but not for a date night!Special Features:
- Great Food, Laid Back AtmosphereAmandaDined on 10/12/2013The food was really great! The atmosphere was fun and laid back! Highly recommend :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit to Hudson GrillegefryjrVIPDined on 10/9/2013My first visit to Hudson Grille was very pleasant and relaxed. The service was just right, the food was tasty, and the noise level made it easy for conversation. I took customers, and they enjoyed it too! I will definitely return when I'm in the area again! Nicely done, Hudson Grille!Special Features:
- Loud and Boisterous atmosphereMichelleATLDined on 9/27/2013This place is like Chuckie Cheese on steroids. I truly think the number of children outnumbered adults. Felt like parents just bring the kids to have the video games 'babysit' while their parents eat and drink. Food wasn't too bad - meatloaf was tasty, however the herb chicken, which was our server's recommendation was dry and tasted like cardboard. Alcoholic drinks were on special, and were watered down. Our server was good in the beginning of our meal, but waned towards the end. Too many tables and not enough staff. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Love this placeRachelDined on 8/30/2013First time here food was great with many healthy options. Kids ate free everyday wow. They have video gaming room and games you can play at your table. Lots of events to do like bingo and trivia nights. So kids and parents both had a great night. Save room for dessert everything is fantastic even the coffee is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice place for aOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/22/2013Always a nice place for a casual bite to eat. Food is usually pretty good and we love playing trivia here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Birthday party dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2013Made reservation at 2pm. 6pm, we walked in, 9 of us, and our table was ready! Awesome. Great service. Food came out fast. We will definitely return!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Games over sportsBillVIPDined on 6/15/2013Been here few times went to watch US Open and Braves . Restaurant not half full hostess took us to back table and chased kids off of it who were laying on it without wiping off . They were playing games on tv's right above us and kept running over to reset games right by our table . Food and service good but need to train hostess better if you are going to have games sit families there and have adults elsewhere
- Hudson Was a HitrebelgradDined on 6/1/2013We were in town for the NCAA Golf National Championship and went to the Hudson Grille to celebrate a win in the semi-finals! (Bama went on to win the whole thing...Roll Tide). Hudson Grille was fun, loud (but not too loud) and had great food. Our waitress was exceptional. She suggested great things off of the menu and had a great personality. I would go back there! My husband got meat load, I got a turkey avocado sandwich with sweet potato fries and this yummy marshmallow dipping sauce! We had delish Fat Tire beer. It was a success!Special Features:
- Pray for, or request a good waiter!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/16/2013The food and atmosphere are consistently typical of your run-of-the-mill neighborhood bar. Nothing knock-your-socks-off fancy, but nothing too terrible either. It's the service that makes Hudson Grille hit or miss. We go about once a week and very frequently had poor service, and I'm a pretty generous grader when it comes to neighborhood wait staff. When I discovered I could make reservations AND request particular waiters, our experience here has turned from hit-and-miss to excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's amazingly predictableOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/2/2013It's amazingly predictable how much better a restaurant is when you don't have to worry about the service. Made a reservation and requested to be seated in the section of the one waiter that we've never had any issues with. Hudson was able to accomodate the request and we had a very enjoyable evening. Big shout out to Tom!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again, another visit withOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/25/2013Again, another visit with subpar service. On nights we have Tom (I believe his name is) we settle in for a great night out. Any other night however, we can expect to send our orders back (once they eventually come) and enjoy them with an empty glass of whatever is was we were drinking that hasn't been re-filled. Also, on multiple occasions (past time included) handing your waiter a gift card along with your credit card indicates you'd like your whole meal charged and a printout with the balance of the card, rather than using the card and charging the remaining balance.Special Features:
- I was dissapointedAmandaVIPDined on 4/18/2013This was my first time at Hudson Grille and I was dissapointed. I had heard great things from friends but things did not meet my expectations when I stopped in for a late dinner last night. I will say the best part about my visit was the spinach dip. It was AMAZING. The corn chowder had no flavor and barely anything in it. The herbed chicken was dry, broccoli was not cooked, and mac n cheese had no flavor. Waitress was kind of slow. Took a while to get drinks. My friends didn't get their beers until they finished eating. I appreciated the manager handeling things in the long run but I wish it hadn't come to that. I will give them another chance in the future but will probably just sit at the bar and order wings to be on the safe side.Special Features:
- This particular visit wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/14/2013This particular visit was great. Service (Shyla, I believe) this time was great. Attentive, got everything right, timely with everything. Definitely an unexpected surprise!Special Features:
- My husband and I had dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2013My husband and I had dinner at Hudson Grill twice this week. The service staff was very friendly and the food was great.Special Features:
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/7/2013We've been to Hudson Grille quite a few times. Food is good enough, variety and quality, but we've consistently had problems with service. Waitresses seem to come and go and none are particularly efficient or effective. Waited 40 minutes for our checks this past week and weren't visited at all after our food arrived. In the past we've had orders completely wrong and waitresses seemingly just disappear into thin air on a regular basis. We had one waiter when we sat over in the bar half of the restaurant that was excellent but more often than not when we're seated in the dining room, our server is less than impressive.Special Features:
- Its a sports bar and grillErvPatVIPDined on 2/26/2013Its a sports bar and grill type of place, and is fine when that is what you are looking for. I would go back if I wanted to watch a game or get a casual drink and a burger. It is not a good choice for an evening with friends for conversation over dinner.