Allentown, PA 18104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grille3501.com/
- Phone: 6107060100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: CLOSED,
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Grille 3501
Grille 3501 literally stands alone with its “sophisticated yet unpretentious” atmosphere and menu. Our unique blend of Asian, French and Mediterranean cuisine, combined with our personal and attentive service will make your visit to Grille 3501 an event to remember. We opened our doors on November 13, 2001 and since that time, our ever-widening circle of loyal customers consistently tell us we are among the most sophisticated and welcoming establishments in the Lehigh Valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Grille 3501 - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Grille 3501 reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (61)romantic (41)great for lunch (28)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (25)notable wine list (23)hot spot (21)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Beef RibsrfschildgeVIPDined on 4/1/2014I entertained three German friends that night and they had their first taste of braised short ribs which they loved. They couldn't stop telling me how good the food was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only suitable for business meetingrabbitDined on 4/1/2014I felt like I was in an office conference. The décor is much like and office. The food was cook well. Service felt rushed. It was ok, but they are not going to earn a Michelin star though. Price was a bit high for the quality . We had a few problems. My date was given a poorly made martini, which she took the whole meal to finish. We were on a date and hoped for a quiet spot to relax. We were seated across from a business meeting with 10 people. They were loud and annoying. It ruined our meal. It should have been obvious we were on a date. It was not a busy night, but they chose to seat us right near them. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysJeffDined on 3/29/2014What an enjoyable time. The kitchen went over and beyond to make exactly what we wanted and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealanonymouseaterDined on 3/25/2014we celebrated retirement at Grille 3501. Service was excellent; our server had the drinks list at the tip of her tongue. She also orally presented a detailed listing of the night's specials which were not on the menu. Our diners had mahi mahi and steak meals, all of which were well-prepared with complex flavoring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Excellent restaurant, friendly long-time staff, great food, interesting wine choices and local beers. What else could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WMS_BdayWMSBdayDined on 3/18/2014The food and atmosphere were great...the service at first was slow, after being seated we waited a half hour before anyone came to our table for drinks or apps. Then once we got our food they were cleaning up our plates before we were finished. Felt like we were being rushed to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prroably best restaurant in townRobinVIPDined on 3/17/2014Came here to visit muhkenberg college with my husbandh and daughter. Vwey happy to find this place through open table. We had baked clams, gnocci, lobster tails, steak and salad. The special cabernet of the evening was also very good. Shouod we come back through town, we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot!ValerieBDined on 3/17/2014There really isn't much available for upscale dining on the west end of Allentown--especially on a Monday afternoon, but Grille 3501 has it all. Great drink & wine list, terrific service, and a decent lunch menu. (I couldn't get my burger rare--that's why I can't give them 5 stars for food)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fanatasic meal.DaveKDined on 3/15/2014Absolutely fanatasic meal. The presentation is the best around.Special Features:
- Great as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Took a friend from out of town to my favourite Lehigh Valley Restaurant, food as always was fabulous. Our waiter was attentive and gracious, especially as he was so busy. I cannot say enough good things about Grille 3501, it never lets us down!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a table for 2 whichBillDined on 3/15/2014I had a table for 2 which was located on the way to the kitchen by the wait staff. It seemed like every 5 - 10 minutes my wife's chair was being bumped or banged with very few apologizes. It appeared that we had the only table for 2; otherwise, we would have asked for another table. I would recommend the restaurant for parties great of 3 or more. The food and wait staff were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food time and time again...20thanniversarydinnerDined on 3/12/2014If you want an excellent dinner this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Perfect for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Atmosphere, Food and Service were all top notch and made for a memorable date night with my wife. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in the Lehigh ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Our dinner was incredible (Boneless Short Ribs, Braised Pork Shank). Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, and personable. It was a busy night, so the the noise level was up there. Looking forward to their expansion.Special Features:
- Consistently Good FoodLisaDined on 3/7/2014I keep coming back to Grille 3501. The menu has a few new items which I really like and it has been redecorated in the past year. The service is good, the food very good. It's great for a business dinner if you sit in the back area, which is a little more private and less noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/4/2014While in Allentown if you want to have a good meal for groups of 4 or less I would recommend grill 3501. The food selection is ample, with a full variety of appetizers, entrees, desserts and drinks. The mushroom soup could have been better prepared. It was somewhat generic but the pork belly appetizer quickly made me forget about it. Well cooked and prepared, the topping wasn't a good contrAst but the rest of the dish was excellent. The main course was the fish if the day also well done and accompanied . Next time in Allentown, worth the trip from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FindLauraWoodDined on 2/28/2014If you are in the Allentown area, looking for a non-chain restaurant, Grille 3501 may be right up your alley. Although a bit on the pricey side, the food is unlike you will find at any other food establishment. When booking my reservation (through OpenTable) I specified that my husband & I were both vegan. The waitress was very accommodating and knew before even speaking with us what our dietary needs were (a pleasant surprise!) The only real negatives were the dining and bar area left much to be desired as it felt very crowded and there were NO open seats at the bar.Special Features:
- Drinks, food and service weregreenleafjmmDined on 2/24/2014Drinks, food and service were very good. But it's pretty pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great. AlthoughAmyDawsonDined on 2/21/2014Everything was great. Although the table service was lacking. I felt he was a little overwhelmed, especially after he doused my husband with an iced tea. I don't think that he mentioned it to a manager, because no one came over to check on him. We were there on Friday the 21st at 630. We sat a at a table around the corner. The waitresses that were taking care of the tables around us were more attentive to us then our server. I once heard a great restaurant quote, "Great service will always make up for poor food, but great food will never make up for poor service." We will try the restaurant again in hopes this was just a one time experience. Amy DawsonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!birthdaygirlDined on 2/21/2014This was our first time at Grille 3501, and we could not have been more impressed. The food was of high quality, and the presentation was excellent. Not your 'run of the mill' menu selections. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good....IzighelDined on 2/17/2014Food was just OK. Poor wine selection. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We have visited Grille 3501 many times in the past. This time, the food was exceptional! Every course we had was outstanding in taste and presentation. The service could be improved a bit... it was good, but not 5 star. When i booked the reservation, i mentioned that it was to celebrate my husbands birthday and Valentines Day. It would have been nice for them to have done something in recognition of his birthday! For example... many restaurants offer free dessert or after-dinner drink. Nothing was mentioned or offered :( But the quality of the meal was impressive. The atmosphere was comfortable. Overall, we had a fantastic dinner experience!Special Features:
- Valentines Day Home RunOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014An amazing price fix menu for Valentines Day. The food, service and atmosphere were terrific. I will be back many times again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!FoggyDined on 2/14/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Service and food could not be any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableRichDined on 2/14/2014Absolutely ASTOUNDING food. Had a tremendous meal which was worth it. Will return!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre valentine's weekend tripjasonsDined on 2/8/2014My girlfriend and I took a trip to allentown to go skiing at bear creek. we searched the Internet for a special place to eat on saturday night. Grille 3501 had great reviews and was close to our hotel. We madw reservations on the Internet. The restaurant was wonderful. We were promptly greeted and seated. The server (Kate) was knowledgible, friendly and attentive (despite the restaurant being super busy). The meal was delicious (she has the sea bass and I have the veal). I would absolutely go the grille 3501 again. Dedinately make reservations - the dresa says casual, but many people were "business casual".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedPleasedDined on 2/8/2014We enjoyed our dining experience for a third time. The food, service and ambience was really perfect for a night out with my husband. Our server was very friendly and pleasant. I especially love the lobster/shrimp bisque soup and the lobster risotto! I will recommend this neighborhood gem to my friends.Special Features:
- Always a winnerloghomeladyVIPDined on 2/8/2014Have never been disappointed when dining at Grille 3501. From the crab and mango rolls to the yummy sorbet, time and time again, the quality of the meal and the service is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our type of fareWhimsicalfoodieDined on 2/8/2014We were greeted by friendly hostesses, and promptly sat. The table was in the way of traffic. The people coming in and out of the kitchen and the people entering and exiting the restaurant. It was not a great place to sit. The food was beautifully displayed and was very eye catching. The Hawaiian fish dish was not as great as it was made out to be. The risotto was not the best I ever had, it was a little gummy. Not very much lobster in it as well. The fish itself was very bland and pieces were hard as if over cooked. The drinks were not what we expected. They were not the sangria we are use to with lots of fruit. There was a slice of orange on a stick along with one berry. It was ok but not a place we would return to. Too expensive.Special Features:
- still the best in allentownscotchontherocksVIPDined on 2/7/2014In the 4 years my daughter has been at Muhlenberg, 3501 has gone from a treat to our regular place. It's good enough we will come back even after she graduates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahhhh!FoodieDined on 2/4/2014Lovely food presentation for soup, steak, and sorbet; delicious unique flavors; filet mignon done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningAnnieVIPDined on 2/1/2014Fabulous food and a great staff. Attention to detail and presentation make this a memorable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed.jph1Dined on 2/1/2014The red wine selections are weak at best. Martini was good, but how would you mess up that? The appetizers were excellent, the entrees were decent, but it seems the chef is heavy handed with sugar. Everything was sweet. The flourless chocolate cake with salt caramel topping was as fine as any dessert I've ever tasted! Our waitress was excellent. I thought the decor where we dined was a bit old-folks-home. (Grandma tapestries on the wall.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsJayADined on 1/31/2014We eat here fairly often and it's always good. This was a new menu since the last time we were here. I had the mussels first and the Hawaiian manchego - both were well-prepared, fresh and flavorful. My favorite dessert - the flourless chocolate cake with melted marshmallow topping. A grown-up S'more. Yum. This time we had wine, but if you want interesting drinks, they're all over that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service -LisaDined on 1/30/2014I visit 3501 a few times a year. In the past 3 months a remodel was completed that made the dining area more open. It was so open that I could hear a conversation across the room. The ambiance is less conducive to date night and more to business dinner (which actually is why I was there this evening). Food was consistently very good and service was very good. The selection on the menu is varied and the portion sizes good. Good food, good service, my business guest said good wine list... what else do you need?I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDqnutDined on 1/30/2014We have dined here many times and have always had wonderful, helpful servers and consistently excellent food both in terms of its creative presentation and deliciously constructed flavors. Always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BirthdayjusrdineDined on 1/29/2014The service and food was outstanding. We look forward to going back and trying another dish.Special Features:
- Noise levelMickDined on 1/29/2014Food and service are always good. The Sea Bass is like Butter - a can't miss. The noise level in the restuarant can be up there so if you want a quiet intimate setting, this isn't it. If you have a group or don't mind the energy than don't hesitate to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lehigh Valley GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014We have been to Grille 3501several times. We love it and the service was impeccable. Though we were just a bit disappointed in the food on this visit. We know that is rare that the food is not outstanding. We will be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMarJenDined on 1/28/2014First time there. Had lunch with a friend. We both loved the food, service and ambiance. Highly recommend for any occasionSpecial Features: