Allentown, PA 18104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grille3501.com/
- Phone: 6107060100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: CLOSED,
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Grille 3501
Grille 3501 literally stands alone with its “sophisticated yet unpretentious” atmosphere and menu. Our unique blend of Asian, French and Mediterranean cuisine, combined with our personal and attentive service will make your visit to Grille 3501 an event to remember. We opened our doors on November 13, 2001 and since that time, our ever-widening circle of loyal customers consistently tell us we are among the most sophisticated and welcoming establishments in the Lehigh Valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Grille 3501 - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Grille 3501 reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (41)good for groups (28)great for lunch (28)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (21)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ltedinnerDined on 6/30/2014I was very impressed with Grille 3501. The food was excellant and the drinks unreal! I was pleased with the serving sizes, also. The overall ambiance is more modern, business like but did not take away from the overall atmosphere.Special Features:
- one of best in Lehigh ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Having tried some of the "better" places in the Lehigh Valley, this is definitely one of the best. The food was well prepared, well seasoned and the varied menu left one with multiple choices. A little pricey for this area, good atmosphere and wine list.Special Features:
- Philly food in AllentownBucknutDined on 6/14/2014Let me begin with the bread, just as we did prior to our awesome meal.if you are in search of that perfect crunch on the outside, yet chewy consistency inside, you have arrived. All five of us ordered a different meal and all were top notch, with the osso buco being the shining star. I don't think there could be a bad choice, however. We also shared two unusual and mouth watering desserts: limoncello cheesecake and dumplings.Special Features:
- WeekendWeekendVIPDined on 6/14/2014We were visiting my parents for Father's Day weekend and found Grille 3501 on Open Table. Every review I read told me we had to try this restaurant. So glad we did! Told my Dad I made a reservation at 3501 and he said "I've been there" and I said "so it's good!" Friendly greeting upon arrival, great waitperson who let us dictate our pace. Good cocktail options. I did not find a wine by the glass that I thought I would enjoy, however we inquired about taking unfinished bottles of wine out of the restaurant and there was no problem. Chose the sea bass special on Saturday night. It was excellent! Beautiful presentation with an incredibly tasty coconut macadamia sauce. I could say more nice things,but leave it at can't wait to return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Overall a very nice dining experience, food nicely prepared and presented (monchong and ribeye). We look forward to eating at Grille 3501 again.Special Features:
- still too much noiselwsasidDined on 6/10/2014the newly decorated space is nice but very hard to hear others at the table it would be great if they would add Gluten Free notes on the menuSpecial Features:
- Elegant luncheonYummyDined on 6/9/2014We six were pleased with our entree selections, great service and surroundings. Just seems odd why Grille 3501 doesn't have acoustic ceiling tiles as it was difficult to hear conversations at the table. Let's hope the new addition is quieter by utilizing the right materials. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceKernsieDined on 6/7/2014Initially when seated we did not get waited on for 10 minutes. Had to go to hostess to find a server. Otherwise food was delicious and once server was aware we were there, the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMelindaDined on 6/6/2014We are never disappointed with our selection for dinner.. And the lengthy appetizer menu leaves you wanting to try everything! Love this place- great food, great drink and lovely presentation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattiDined on 6/5/2014Met some old friends at the 3501 Grille; it was an excellent choice. A variety of sumptuous salads (ask to share!), we all chose seafood, rare Ahi tuna, salmon, fish of the day, etc. The accompanying vegetables wee superb. Everything was accomplished to perfection.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Excellent food, service and dining for special occasions and a night away from the kids.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantGoodfoodie62Dined on 5/30/2014I am always impressed at the consistency of this restaurant. We come in often and every visit is just as good as the last one. The food is always prepared to order and perfect temperature. The delicious fresh baked bread is so good, served with olive oil and herbs. I love the mango crab spring rolls! The fish is always so fresh and the filets are melt in your mouth tender. The menu has a really nice selection of entrees that offer choices of healthy food. The desserts are also delicious and unique. This is really a quality establishment that has always delivered the same goodness every time I go.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!JFlayDined on 5/28/2014Whether a Business Lunch or a Romantic Dinner Grille 3501 is the place!Special Features:
- The following 352 reviews are from the Grille 3501 reviews archive.
- Unique and Fabulous FareCuriousPalateDined on 5/23/2014You can stick with old favorites or you can be adventurous. Either way you can't lose since the food is fabulous and the staff is very accomodating. The bar has a variety of specialty drinks and the soups and specials are always a good choice. Shrimp bisque and Hawaiian sea bass were tops at my last visit. You can bet that my wife and I will be coming back routinely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DiningLuvthisplaceDined on 5/11/2014The Food tastes perfect with excellent presentation. This dining ranks the highest rating surpassing New York's finest.Special Features:
- Grille 3501-one of the bestJamvjmDined on 5/11/2014Grille 3501 is one of the best restaurants in the Lehigh Valley. It's our family's place to go for special occasions. The food is always inventive and delicious. The prices are in line with other fine dining establishments in the area. One of my favorite treats is the martini sampler-a carrier of 3 mini martinis with a fun selection to choose from. My entire extended family highly recommends it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrateRiley517Dined on 5/11/2014Good selection of martini's. Nice presentation of entrees. Not your usual meals, but something special. Great place to celebrate an occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014This was a last minute dinner find for friends after the Sands. Great food, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35#1yumyumDined on 5/9/2014While not the cheapest place in the LV, 3501 is definitely worth it, especially given the many restaurants that charge similar prices and serve dressed-up garbage. Wonderful menu that always will have you come back for more- our favorites apps are the steamed mussels, which features a wonderful wine/garlic/sausage, etc. base and the tuna tartar, among others. We have tried many entrees and they are all hits, especially any type of beef dishes as they are usually cooked excellently with wonderful sauces. I prefer seafood and I am never disappointed. You will enjoy.Special Features:
- Groman Girls Night OutBarkleyDined on 5/7/2014The "girls" have been touring the Lehigh Valley's restaurants for a night out for the past several months now. Grille 3501 was our pick for May. The ambience was extraordinary, we thought we were in NYC! Food presentation and taste was delectable to say the least (we all sample share)! Martini list has a nice variety of dinner and after dinner drinks (try the Fireside). This dining experience will make you feel special, I know we all did! Yummy points I give you the restaurant a 10! Prices would be considered high for families unless it was for a special occasion. Having said that, our dinners were well worth the price!Special Features:
- DinnerJoeMac1960Dined on 5/6/2014The food is excellent . It was very crowded for a Tuesday because a large group was there and a bit loud but the food made it worthwhileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnersarahDined on 5/3/2014Great dinner! We ordered the butternut squash dumplings and crab cakes for appetizers. One of the best crab cakes I have eaten (actually has a lot of crab instead of being filled with a lot of breading). For dinner I ordered the short ribs. My dad ordered the filet and my mom ordered the sea bass. We all loved our meals and we will go back again!Special Features:
- Fabulous Foodie Find!EpicureanEmmy54Dined on 5/2/2014Went with my nephew on the recommendation of a friend. After reviewing the menu, we were intrigued by so many of the appetizers we decided to just have them. So we ordered 4 which turned into 5, and a bottle of wine. We apprised our waitress of our time constraints because we were catching a show at Civic Theater. She was attentive and thoughtful enough to space the serving of our dishes appropriately while keeping track of the time. The food was exquisite, delicious and even exciting. The Foie gras, the best I've had in a long time, as well as the pork belly and grits. Wonderful experience, can't wait to go back and have the entrées.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food findeatingoutDined on 4/28/2014Visiting Muhlenberg College we found this gem nearby. The restaurant is under renovation but the kitchen is putting out some great food. This place rates up there where the better eateries live. Service was wonderful. We had steak, fish and chicken and all were delicious and artfully served. If your in or near Allentown, PA, this is where yu want t o eat.Special Features:
- food vs. ambienceKT1127Dined on 4/26/2014Food is great. Atmosphere is not. Close tables. People sitting close to each other. Looking at a wall. No decor on walls, etc. I only think you can charge your prices if both food and atmosphere are tops! Sorry.Special Features:
- Glad its here.RepublicanVIPDined on 4/25/2014Wife and i go about once a year just to change it up a bit. Not much to choose from in Allentown. Food is good to great;ambience needs update; service great; prices are laughable(city prices in Lehigh Valley). As i mentioned, im glad its around. Im afraid if the area had more choices for high quality dining, this place would not make it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMaryDined on 4/23/2014Went there for lunch. We had tempura asparagus that was phenomenal! I had the capicola and ham sandwich with arugula and mozzarella that was just as good! Would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night outSilvermomDined on 4/22/2014Great place for any time dining out. We went as a group of 8 ladies. They had us in a secluded corner which was great because we are a "bit" noisy! The table was square so we could all see each other and hear each other which was perfect. Food was fabulous too!Special Features:
- Saturday night outMartyDined on 4/19/2014A very enjoyable dinner. Delicious food and drink. Pleasant surroundings. A helpful waiter. Mostly my lovely wife as company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!NJFoodieDined on 4/18/2014My husband and I took my parents here to celebrate my father's birthday. We were all extremely impressed with the ambiance, the friendly and attentive staff, and the delicious food and drinks. We ordered mixed drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desserts and no one was disappointed. I would consider this a very fancy place, the food is expensive, but worth the money! Even the bathrooms are lovely.Special Features:
- Consistantly ExcellentnumbersmanDined on 4/17/2014We have never been disappointed with the food at 3501. They change the menu enough to keep it interesting. They made some changes to the acoustics which is an enormous help. The service is always excellent. The only shortfall is waiting room if your table is not ready. The locals at the bar make it difficult to find a seat by placing their coats on empty stools and refusing to move them even when you explain you are just waiting for your table.Special Features:
- Lobster funthemick7Dined on 4/12/2014Best lobster ever, sweetest meat on this side of heaven!, Noise level very high! Ambience could be better! Overall good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LuvgoodfoodDined on 4/12/2014We heard good things about 3501 Grille but did not realize how good it would really be. My meal was absolutely delicious!! One of the best I have ever had. My very sincere compliments to the chef!! Outstanding for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. RightChetDined on 4/11/2014Food was excellent. Right temperature, nice portion and quality ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the "feel"traveling4gourmetDined on 4/5/2014Walk in and your are greeted warmly. Bartenders are attentive and mix a great drink. Waitstaff friendly and knowlegable of the menu and specials. Appetizers and dinner entrees were very good and presented well. Dessert was okay - I usually don't get dessert unless its something light - more interested in the dinner. My second time there and will be going back again. Definitely would bring friends. An overall great experience and and a GEM in the Lehigh Valley!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef RibsrfschildgeVIPDined on 4/1/2014I entertained three German friends that night and they had their first taste of braised short ribs which they loved. They couldn't stop telling me how good the food was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only suitable for business meetingrabbitDined on 4/1/2014I felt like I was in an office conference. The décor is much like and office. The food was cook well. Service felt rushed. It was ok, but they are not going to earn a Michelin star though. Price was a bit high for the quality . We had a few problems. My date was given a poorly made martini, which she took the whole meal to finish. We were on a date and hoped for a quiet spot to relax. We were seated across from a business meeting with 10 people. They were loud and annoying. It ruined our meal. It should have been obvious we were on a date. It was not a busy night, but they chose to seat us right near them. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysJeffDined on 3/29/2014What an enjoyable time. The kitchen went over and beyond to make exactly what we wanted and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealanonymouseaterDined on 3/25/2014we celebrated retirement at Grille 3501. Service was excellent; our server had the drinks list at the tip of her tongue. She also orally presented a detailed listing of the night's specials which were not on the menu. Our diners had mahi mahi and steak meals, all of which were well-prepared with complex flavoring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Excellent restaurant, friendly long-time staff, great food, interesting wine choices and local beers. What else could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.