400 William Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kybecca.com/
- Phone: 5403733338x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Wade Truong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have live music on the first Friday of each month starting at 8:30pm
- Special Events: Please 'like' us on Facebook to hear about all our special events. Facebook.com/kybecca
- Cross Street: Charles Street
- Public Transit: We are a few blocks from the main train station on Princess Anne Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We are in a historic downtown district so parking is mainly street, although it typically is not hard to find a space. There is a parking garage located a few blocks from us as well.
A word from kybecca
We make hand-crafted food, killer cocktails, serve small-producer wines and craft beer in a cool, old building with a modern vibe. Our style of food is contemporary American with global influences. In addition we boast a large selection of small producer wines with 32 on tap in our Enomatic system.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
kybecca - Best Restaurants in Fredericksburg ›
kybecca reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (17)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- This was our first time atMrGuyDined on 5/25/2013This was our first time at the this restaurant and the food blew us away. Everything we ordered was phenomenal and the wine menu had a great selection of wines..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Visit for Fredericksburg!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013My family and friends have been going to Kybecca consistently over the past year now. And each time, we've had nothing but the best! The do fantastic wine specials and their ever changing menu focused on the local movement is always scrumptious. The wait staff is incredibly friendly and attentive and they never fail to make your experience truly special. Rebecca, one of the owners, seems to always be present, walking around, greeting guests, which is a cool and personal touch. From happy hours to celebrations, Kybecca is certainly perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchReviewerDined on 5/12/2013I decided to take my mom here for Mother's Day as this is one of the better spots in town. When I made my reservation I had a woman call me to tell me they couldn't get a spot near the window. There were several tables open near the windows and they tried to seat us at the smallest table. Normally I would have been fine with this. I said no, we'd sit outside. Once we ordered, our service was not up to par. I had to refill my own water, not the normal service I've had. When we got our food, mine was cold. My mother's food was delicious.I sent mine back and it took 10+ minutes for them to microwave it. Our waiter didn't offer any other suggestions and just left. When he finally returned I asked for our bill, which he quickly brought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good nightflymomDined on 5/11/2013Hit on night not serving regular menu /Mother's Day & local graduations. Had a fixed price menu /choices of interesting&delicious 1st &2nd plates. We'd read earlier newspaper review raving about Miso Hanger Steak, so all chose it as our main entree. This a favorite at another local restaurant but disappointment to us all. Crispy new potatoes served with were delicious. Nice selection wines, ambience stainless steel tables with no table setting whatsoever a bit stark, noise level very high even tho not overly busy. Wait staff initially attentive, courses timely manner until the main course. Long delay wi/o explanation. Overall would try again night regular menu avail or happy hr after afternoon shopping,just have glass wine&appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of Tapas in FredricksburgAlexLDined on 5/4/2013I was meeting a friend I had nto seen in 20 years and we chose Kybecca based on a recommendation from her co-workers. I am so glad they recommended it. It was Derby day so I decided on a Mint Julep while I waited. What a pleasant surprise when it was served in a traditional pewter cup with matching pewter straw. It was delicious and the night got better. We chose to share several items as tapas and our waitress was very attentive to not only the service but what we would like. We got everything she suggested. A couple of notes: one, be sure to ask about wine as they have a larger cellar that is not on the wine list Two, do not miss the Smores. The housemade Champagne marshmallow is exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushroom bisque and duck entreepmrthirdVIPDined on 10/1/2012Mushroom bisque and duck entree (special) were absolutely fantastic!Special Features:
- We are going back! Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012We are going back! Food was great, and we had a great bottle of wine. French organic Malbec, which I liked and I a m not the real wine drinker in the family. Rebecca showed us some great wines in the store, and we ended up taking three bottles home. The server was fun and engaging overall it is a nice place have wine, food, and conversation with people you want to spend time with.Special Features:
- First time dining at thisdinnerfor2Dined on 7/15/2012First time dining at this restaurant...service and food were great! We came for Sunday brunch but the rest of the menu and wine list looks good--we'll probably go back some evening.Special Features:
- Choose the Al Fresco option!eproofreaderDined on 5/25/2012This was a fun place for al fresco dining, and we chose to sit outdoors and people-watch. We were a little ways from the misting machines, but it was still a pleasant location on a not-too-hot night. The first table we were shown to inside was a high table that would not have been comfortable for our short stature, so I was glad we had the outdoor option. We chose to share an appetizer (hummus with red peppers) and ordered small plates for our main meal. The shrimp and grits was fantastic! And the portions were just enough so that we had room to split a dessert. Cappuccino was also delicious. Our waitress was very personable, and service was excellent. All in all, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Loved sharing the small platesTravelingPalateVIPDined on 5/18/2012Loved sharing the small plates of bison blue cheese sliders, zucchini romesco and excellent, in fact, the best frites.Special Features:
- We sat outside and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2012We sat outside and it was slightly warm when we arrived. They had the misters on outside and you couldn't sit outside without getting drenched. Our entire table was soaked and we had to ask them to turn the misters off. Then they didn't even offer to wipe the water off of the tables...had to ask for that as well. While the bar/restaurant is cute, the food is extremely overpriced for what it is. There is nothing exciting about the menu and leaves much to be desired. I also think their sliders taste like something you would get from Kyrstal Burger.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012Great place for Sunday brunch/outdoor dining! Service was excellent and very friendly. Food was terrific (although portions could have been a bit larger for brunch, pricing was reasonable). Large variety of wine and beer to choose from two menus. Will frequent again and definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Seems like a good every dayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/13/2012Seems like a good every day place, but not for a special occasion like mother's day. Something was missing. Had the corned beef hash with a poached egg on it and it was very good but I would have liked to have had some bread for the table. Good quality food, but no frills.
- Everything about Kybecca wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Everything about Kybecca was very nice and it was an enjoyable dining experience. If there was one thing I had an issue with it would have to be portion sizes. For an appetizer we ordered the Zucchini with Romesco and even though it didn't cost much my wife and I both thought there would be a little more there than what was brought on a tiny tea plate. The Gnocchi was well made and my swordfish was good, but may have been a little heavy handed on the salt.Special Features:
- Going downhill....OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/2/2012I have been to Kybecca at least four times. I keep hoping for improvement, but things seem to be going the other way. The service has always been abysmally slow (we drank all of our water before we ever saw a server, had to wave down the owner for wine refills, and never did get anymore water for the table, just to name a few issues) but we were expecting that on our repeat visit, so it was not a big deal. However, the quality of the food has greatly deteriorated since our last visit. Beet chips that were soggy, shrimp and grits that tasted like the shrimp was poached days ago and microwaved, buffalo sliders that were made with preformed Patties less than 1/8" thick. The owner has sacrificed quality for speed of plating the food.Special Features:
- The wine list is wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012The wine list is wonderful, the food was great, and the staff was very accommodating of our somewhat special seating requirements. We enjoyed our brunch immensely and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Wine BarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Fun place and somewhere you'll definitely revisit. Attentive staff, great food - their small bowls are great value for money and big enough to enjoy as an entree. Particularly mentionable is the lobster mac and cheese!Special Features:
- The portions are ridiculouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2012The portions are ridiculously small. I understood that the plates would be smaller, but when I ordered scallops, I got one scallop. ONE! It was ridiculous.
- Excellent wine and beer selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2012Excellent wine and beer selection. Cheese plate was very good but portions were small. Bison and Blue Cheese sliders were amazing. Also enjoyed the marinated dry aged beef skewers over basil rice - wonderful combination. Stay away from the Chincoteague oysters -poor quality and flavor.Special Features:
- No gratitude for dropping $$$VegasDined on 2/22/2012I found the food to be excelant, but very small cheese plates & appetizers. The wine was not as good as I had hoped & it was pricy for food. I also was not made to feel very welcome or like they cared if I came back. We spent $200 that's a lot rite now.Special Features:
- First time at Kybeca Wine BarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012Wine by the glass menu was very short. Portions are petite in comparison to other restaurants especially for the price you pay. BUT if we American's stopped pigging out you realize they are the perfect portions to enjoy a varity of food. Bison sliders were tasty. My favorite was the pistachio pesto!!! I'm not a pesto person and I could have eaten this stuff on everything. I highly recommend this restaurant esp for special occasions. The high price is worth it.Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/28/2011Very pleasantly surprised to find a great little wine bar/bistro in Fredericksburg.Specials of the day- rack of lamb and coq au vin pot pie were quite good but the standouts were the kybecca frites w/ cilantro aoli and the kybecca s'more.Special Features:
- The owner was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/11/2011The owner was very nice. Our server was very knowledgeable. Food was great! We'll definitely go back there again! The long drive was worth it!