Blue Smoke Battery Park City
255 Vesey Street
New York, NY 10282Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Blue Smoke Battery Park City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluesmoke.com/
- Phone: 2128892005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Ken Callaghan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Barbecue and Beyond
From a take-out meal for one to a working team lunch to a catered white linen affair, Blue Smoke Catering offers the same delicious real pit barbecue and regional American fare you've come to expect from our restaurant. Choose among a selection of hors d'oeuvres (devilled eggs to oysters on the half shell), seasonal sides, signature cocktails and irresistible home-style desserts.
Our warm and friendly team will create a memorable experience for you and your guests, with every detail thoughtfully considered.
- Cross Street: North End Avenue & West Street
- Public Transit: We are located at 255 Vesey Street between North End Avenue and West Street (West Side Highway). You can take the E train to the World Trade Center stop and proceed west towards the West Side Highway. You can also take the 2 or 3 trains to the Park Place stop and walk west along Park Place to Murray Street. Continue across West Side Highway.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: There are two parking garages within walking distance to the restaurant. Both are located on River Terrace, just west of Vesey street. The first is 2 River Terrace and the second is 20 River Terrace. There is street parking available on North End Avenue as well as Vesey Street after 6:00pm.
A word from Blue Smoke Battery Park City
Widely credited as the founder of New York City’s barbecue movement, Blue Smoke celebrates the evolving American South while honoring its culinary traditions. Executive Chef Kenny Callaghan’s menu combines homestyle comfort with culinary finesse. Classic and specialty cocktails, an extensive American craft beer list, bourbon and American wines complete the experience.Continued
The downtown location of Blue Smoke opened in December 2012. The flagship Blue Smoke, with the club Jazz Standard, is located on East 27th Street in New York City.
The downtown location of Blue Smoke opened in December 2012. The flagship Blue Smoke, with the club Jazz Standard, is located on East 27th Street in New York City.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
Blue Smoke Battery Park City - Best Restaurants in Battery Park ›
Blue Smoke Battery Park City reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (60)great for lunch (58)neighborhood gem (42)kid-friendly (39)great for outdoor dining (38)fit for foodies (37)hot spot (19)great for brunch (16)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (10)romantic (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Awesome meal and great service!ScubaDined on 12/14/2013What a great escape from a blinding snowstorm! Food was amazing, drinks were delicious and the service was the friendliest of the entire weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotntwrklnchDined on 12/10/2013great food and service. bar and wait staff are great. hostess crew left something to be desired in friendliness. chalk that up to proximity to large financial firm ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeLindaDined on 12/5/2013We had delicious dinner and also lunch a few days later. Both times very good, tasty food and great Service. Will go back next time we visit NYC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to blueDanielDined on 11/30/2013Good food. Good beer selection. Service was great. The staff do not rush you we sat watching a football game having another beer with no problem at all after our meal was over. Great time overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. TheMargDined on 11/29/2013The food was excellent. The staff knowledgable about the dishes and wine. Service was with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Friday LunchLovesGoldensDined on 11/29/2013We were staying at The Conrad Hotel right next to Blue Smoke. We needed something close quick and good. They did not disappoint!! We had an 11:30 reservation. Had our food before 12:00. Place was packed! Families and business people alike. Big portions. Brought a lot home. Brussel sprouts were out of this world. Between 3 of us we had all the options of BBQ. Didn't get disappointed!!! Service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious RibsJenHolme1VIPDined on 11/12/2013Love the Key Lime Pie and the rib sampler. DeliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Smoke has very good meatyPipelineDined on 11/10/2013Blue Smoke has very good meaty ribs, well trimmed, at a reasonable price. Although only one fish dish on the menu, it was also well prepared. The noise level tends toward younger people who are accustomed to yelling rather than having a conversation. Still, however, a good deal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysaw168303VIPDined on 11/2/2013My brother was in town, so my fiance and I met up with him while he had an evening. As usual, the bbq was amazing, the service was very good and we were able to enjoy ourselves during the relaxing evening. Blue Smoke is always my goto spot for people from out of town and will continue to be.Special Features:
- Good BBQCheersToTheChefDined on 10/31/2013Everything we had was good. Ribs were tender, hush puppies were crisp and cornbread was delicious. It wasn't knock your socks off earth shattering BBQ but definitely worth having.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013It was a great experience for me and my wife. We loved the food and the place and the people working there. A+++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialMarylizDined on 10/26/2013We were disappointed that our entrees were just okay. We went specifically to have ribs and they were nothing special at all. Our party of four all agreed that we would probably not go back there again. The appetizers were very tasty but that would not be enough of a pull for a return visit.Special Features:
- Spicy Ribs and lots of kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2013I went with my husband and parents and overall we enjoyed our meal. I've been here before for a business lunch, and I was really surprised to see so many young children on a Saturday night. It was a little noisy. We loved the chips with blue cheese the fried chicken and rhapsody in que. the Kansas City ribs were really spicy for my dad's taste. I think a little better description would be nice for those who are unfamiliar with the difference between rib styles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ near Freedom TowerMarquezfamDined on 10/19/2013The food was very good, great cornbread, giant beef ribs, and very good desserts. The service was very good Kaaren was knowledgeable and very friendly. The kids had a good time and the prices considering the neighborhood were a very good value. Would recommend for families or date night. World Trade Center site one block away. You are dining in the shadow of the Freedom Tower great night out.Special Features:
- We went for lunch and hadDanielDined on 10/19/2013We went for lunch and had a real good time. Service and food very good .We have already told friends it's a mustSpecial Features:
- Very HappyesinnjDined on 10/11/2013We picked this reastaurant due to its proximity to the hotel our friends from Texas were staying and its online menu. The 4 of us were very pleased with the variety of selections, the quality of the food and drink and good service. The appys were different from standard fare and delicious. The rib sampler was perfect except it could have used another couple of ribs. We live in NJ and we'd make the trek back there for the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My son chose to eat here forlov2eatoutDined on 10/7/2013My son chose to eat here for his family birthday dinner (just the 4 of us). And was really pleased and surprised they knew it was his birthday! The restruant made us really welcome and added little touches to our meal that made it special. Great ribs and attentive service. Chocolate cake (equipped with birthday candle) the best. Thank you Blue Smoke!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but noisy on a Friday.DizzyDezzilDined on 10/4/2013I have always liked the Battery Park area and I wanted to find a good eatery for my wife and I to go to. Blue Smoke had excellent reviews and they were well warranted. Although the food took a bit of time to arrive (we got the appetizers at the same time as our meal, but our server informed us of what happened), the meal was great. Between my wife and I, we had the Fried Ravioli, the Hush Puppies, the Lean Brisket with Mash Potatoes, the Macaroni, the Baby Back Ribs and a couple of beers. Everything tasted great and we had some to take home. However, if you want a place that is a bit more quiet on a Friday evening, this is not the place. There's a well attended bar, but it likely gets quieter after 7:30. I definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BBQNickDined on 9/24/2013One of the best BBQ restaurants in the city. I have frequented the Blue Smoke restaurant in Midtown, but I work off Wall Street. This location is great because now I can get phenomenal BBQ without having to take subways uptown and back. FANTASTIC ribs, great wait staff, and a relaxed (yet not dull) atmosphere near the World Trade Center. I highly recommend it for a special event, or just a nice BBQ dinner if you're looking for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the area the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2013I love the area the restaurant is in so decided to try it and overall I wasn't impressed. I ordered the bbq chicken and found it to be dry and it didn't stand out. It was extremely tight with seating and I found myself literally stepping on other diners to make my way to the door.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ in the cityPolishPunisherDined on 9/10/2013Went to Blue Smoke not expecting much as it was the city. Was I ever wrong! The smoked wings were fantastic for an appetizer. I had the pulled pork platter and it was awesome. My coworker had the rhapsody and he could not say enough about it. We finished the night with the special dessert of the day a chocolate chip cookie pie with vanilla ice cream on top. They should add this as a permanent fixture to the menu! Overall outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of Home for a KC coupleJamieDined on 9/7/2013We are from Kansas City- and we know our BBQ... this place had a KC slab- and hate to admit it, but it was excellent... The staff were excellent. It's a beautiful place on the inside- It worked out perfectly for us, as we had just taken the Manhattan by Sail cruise just around the corner. Less than a 5 minute walk from the Marina. Then, when we couldn't fill our bellies any more... the waitress told us about the Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie pie of the day... butter/lard crust... Man... We probably need 3 weeks of bootcamp to undo what was done here.... HIGHLY recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Smoke - A place for Good Eats!ArrestoNUstioneDined on 9/7/2013I have the honor of knowing one of the chefs here and have gotten to eat here a couple of times before my latest visit. This time I took my cousin from Vancouver who's never been, and didn't know she was a vegetarian until we got to the restaurant, and she still loved it. She said she had one of the best veggie burgers she's ever had here at Blue Smoke. It was a total of 6 of us during my latest visit and the service was entertaining and spot on. The Deviled Eggs are must when you come. The Salt and Vinegar Pork Rinds and Homemade BBQ Chips with Blue cheese dip are another two must haves. Pretty much anything you order you're going to like especially if you're a meat eater. If you have a large group make sure you make a reservation.Special Features:
- Disappointing service and food.WinendineDined on 8/25/2013Although we checked in with reservations; we found ourselves waiting a lot more without any apologies from the host. Coming from the South, we have an expectation of what good BBQ food is like; Blue Smoke did not deliver anything outstanding. The ribs were okay and the side salads and beans were plain at best.Special Features:
- Great RibsTrczVIPDined on 8/19/2013Great smoked ribs, fun casual atmosphere but definitely a step up from typical BBQ joint, craft cocktails and very good wine and beer listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was such a disappointment:BonnieVIPDined on 8/16/2013The food was such a disappointment: hush puppies dry and tasteless, one brisket ordered lean okay but one ordered marbled was not; what it was was 1 1/2 inches of fat attached to 1/2 inch of meat, four slices worth. The good waitress took pity and brought two small lean slices so I had enough to eat. The room is awkwardly configured with the poor hostesses marooned in a terrible place and the lighting is unflattering. Obviously we won't return.
- It was a restaurantTheNavDined on 8/16/2013I wasn't overly impressed in regards to the food. I was hoping to be wowed but the menu selection was slightly underwhelming, the food came out luke warm and the best part of the menu was the dessert which I did not expect as I am a savory fan over sweets usually. The beer list was a great addition and our server was very friendly, knowledgeable and honest when it came to questions we had on the menu. However, the busboy was not as friendly and was a bit snarky when we were telling him which food to wrap up to go as if he knew exactly what we wanted and like we were dumb to think he didn't know and yet he never packed up our salad. That was disappointing. All in all not terrible but I am not running back either.Special Features:
- attention to detailBelenkyDined on 8/14/2013awesome size portion amazingly smoked meat friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab BBQJenHolme1VIPDined on 8/13/2013Wonderful BBQ and great attention to detail. Consistent and very nicely done. I have eaten there numerous times and it is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend away with great friendscentermikepegDined on 8/11/2013My wife and I like to get away for a weekend every few months and invited some very close friends this time. We had a awesome lunch at Blue Smoke during restaurant week. We ordered from the special menu and also a few additional items from the regular menu. Everything was fantastic and we had to take our desert back to the hotel since we ate everything else. Don't miss this place, you won;t be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkTigerDined on 8/9/2013Took advantage of the restaurant week menu...I wasn't overly impressed with the food, although the service was great, Ive had better BBQ in Brooklyn...the ribs were a little hard to work with and the Mac and chesse was a huge disappointment more like Krafts....I did enjoy the blueberry crumb desert with the lemon ice creamSpecial Features:
- Very excellent foodsparkyDined on 8/9/2013Work around the area so I have been here a few times. My favorite is the rib sampler platter. Have only tried the ribs and porterhouse pork chop and chipotle wings and they were all very delicious. Due to the party size, we managed to try all the desserts and they are a nice way to round out the meal, though I wouldn't that any were on a 'must try' list. Then again, I go to a BBQ joint for BBQ. Everything else is considered a distant second. Additionally, while there were some beers on the menu that were not available, my party did enjoy the other choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Smoke - Battery Park CityMelPiccDined on 8/8/2013Went there for restaurant week NYC. They offered an incredible dinner menu for the price. We were extremely happy with both the price and quality of the food; big portions too. The bar was packed, good scene. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it very much. GoodMe11Dined on 8/7/2013Enjoyed it very much. Good value. Plenty of choices, plenty of foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O.K. Spot to DineSarahbDined on 8/6/2013Maybe my opinion shouldn't count because I am pregnant but I was a bit disappointed when I ordered the Chipotle Chicken Wings and they were more smokey than spicy. Their caddy with their bar-b-cue sauces did not taste at all anything like what was on the spare ribs. My favorite thing about the appetizers were the ravioli (although they could have used some salt) and the tamales (weird to have at a bbq joint).Special Features:
- Good BBQventuregrrlDined on 8/6/2013I went to Blue Smoke for restaurant week for lunch. They had a nice selection for the three course meal and the portion sizes were really good. I had the chilpotle wings for my appetizer they were a little sweet and tangy with a little spice. My boyfriend had the Pulled Pork ravioli.For my entree i had the ribs. These ribs were crispy on the outside and fall off the bone juicy! For desert I had banana cream pie. Yummy. We also added their fry bread to our appetizers.The fry bread was chewy and buttery. Like a sweet roll that was fried. It seems weird but is pure deliciousness. We had so much food we took the leftovers home and had a whole other meal.!! Good eats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'fabulous home made baked beans!Whtbmw2011VIPDined on 8/4/2013They have the most amazing sauce with the baked beans and the corn bread is to die for! I had the sampler but have decided to have the texas style only when I return. My waiter was, perky. friendly and attentive. You MUST try the "Georgia Punch". ( I had it twice!!). It is very nice to stroll out along the river., walking off your meal, while still tasting the amazing flavors dancing in your mouth!Special Features:
- Blue Smoke. Great place Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2013The food was amazing. It was the restaurant week menu and they had relatively large portions which is atypical for RW menus. To compliment the large portions, Blue Smoke brought large flavor to the party as well. Chipotle chicken wings which are larger than average, come 7 to a plate. The flavor was truly exceptional without being over spicy. If spice is what you are looking for, there comes an assortment of hot/barbeque sauces to alter to you liking. We all chose the ribs for our lunch entree, which is also a sizeble half rack portion. I do prefer the st.louis style ribs, but these Kansas City ribs were fall off the bone tender and even though great on their own, was even better with the KC BBQ sauce on the table. Dessert was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet barbecueTarySDined on 7/31/2013Some if the best barbecue I've ever had! The fried ravioli stuffed with pork was amazing! Flavored beer selection makes the perfect pairing for the menu. perfect place for your next girls night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!LizzDined on 7/31/2013Everything we ordered was phenomenal, but the service was what really blew me away! Our waiter was pleasant and attentive, gave us great recommendations, and let us sit for as long as we wanted (which was a while since we were extremely full). I highly recommend for restaurant week, since we got an enormous amount of food for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.