Limon Rotisserie – Bay View
5800 3rd Street #1004
San Francisco, CA 94124Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Limon Rotisserie – Bay View
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limonrotisserie.com/
- Phone: 4159265665
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Martin Castillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Check our website and speak to the Manager for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Check our website and speak to the Manager for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio 4159265665
A word from Limon Rotisserie – Bay View
Limon Rotisserie, best chicken in town, great Peruvian food, good value and good service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limon Rotisserie – Bay View reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Delicious food! From the rotisserieOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2013Delicious food! From the rotisserie chicken to the ceviche to the truffle mac n cheese - all yummy! Location has its pluses and minuses. +Easy parking, -Neighborhood because nothing else is there.Special Features:
- A busy night at LimonJamieDined on 2/14/2013Valentines Day! The place was packed! Luckily, we had made reservations well in advance. Lots of people, but everyone in good spirits and quite a few families, as well as couples, in the house. Every table was occupied, and stayed that way for hours. The kitchen was incredibly busy, positively slammed, but still managed to get out our favorite dishes, perfectly executed, in a reasonable amount of time. We ordered the Rotisserie Chicken, salad, rice, the braised short ribs, the truffle mac and cheese, and mango lemonade. Despite the kitchen chefs working multiple orders, all our food came to our table hot, perfectly cooked and delicious!Special Features:
- Great food. We ate too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great food. We ate too much that could not walk to our car parked a block away. I could not stop. Service was good. Definitely worth going to.Special Features:
- Almost like street food ...DaveSVIPDined on 1/13/2013Almost like street food ... Excellent, casual place for great chicken and empanadas. Decent wine and beer selection.Special Features:
- Food is delish! TemperatureDiningDivaDined on 12/18/2012Food is delish! Temperature of the restaurant was a bit chilly. Service was great, good recommendations.Special Features:
- it was difficult to find andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/17/2012it was difficult to find and parking behind the restaurant was not as easySpecial Features:
- Service was poor. We had toJodidaVIPDined on 10/30/2012Service was poor. We had to keep asking waiter for things. Wrong food was brought to our table. Super dark could barely see menus. Sangria tasted like juice, did not taste like it had wine at all. Food portions are super small, but prices were not small. Never in my life have I eaten at a restaurant or someone's home that serves Lomo Saltado without rice. Are u kidding me rice is very inexpensive, unbelievable. That's a first and last time place!!
- Very nice place. Took a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2012Very nice place. Took a group from out of town during lunch before watching the Giants that evening. We had very tasty food and the service for a group of 12 was just as it would be for 4.Special Features:
- Orange and Black Birthday!JamieDined on 10/25/2012Spent a great Birthday night dinner with my husband! Food at Limon was great as usual, and the Giants won game two of the Series. The place was jumping, the team was winning, the service was spot on, and the people were friendly. What a terrific birthday!Special Features:
- Limon is a great and muchFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/10/2012Limon is a great and much needed addition to the Bayview neighborhood. The prices are reasonable and the rotisserie chicken is succulent and delicious. Be sure to try all three of the sauces they put on the table to go with the chicken. I had a hard time picking my favorite and alternated between all three. We also had a side of the macaroni and cheese--very good and large enough for two or three people. However, it is also very rich. The desserts are yummy and rich, too, so share. If you've never tried a Limon before, I suggest you check it out and there is a big parking lot in the back, so you don't have to worry about finding a parking space.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012The food was delicious at a very reasonable price. Staff was friendlym, accomodating, and attentive.Special Features:
- Good food, friendly serviceJamieDined on 9/24/2012First time at this restaurant, and it was great! We had a party of four, all with different culinary tastes and we all came away loving the food. One can order tapas style,or go with the main dish and its accompanying sides. We ordered the Pollo a la Brasa with Yucca fries and Vagetables Salteados; Chicharron de Pollo; Seco de Costillas; Lomito Saltado; Truffle Mac and Cheese and Arroz. Dessert was the Chocolate Bandito. Everything we ordered was delicious and cooked perfectly. The chicken was juicy and tender, the beef short-ribs could be cut with a spoon, and the gravy was rich and flavorful over rice. The Truffle Mac and Cheese was very good, with just enough truffle oil, not overdone. Everything was very well executed. DelightfSpecial Features:
- Great location and additionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2012Great location and addition to this area. Would love to have more spots like this. Service was very accommodating and even though we are new to the area we felt right at home. Will certainly come back, since the menu looked so good and our stomachs were only so big! Bring more restaurants to the Bayview!Special Features:
- No full bar, but website saidOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2012No full bar, but website said they had! Then prefix menu was NOT offer for less than 10 people!?? Website AGAIN did not mentioned?? Service was slow. 3 strikes!!! Not going there again.Special Features:
- Good, with a couple exceptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/7/2012The food was great, just as it is at the South Van Ness location, but it's missing a couple of things. 1. Ambience. I think a lot of that could easily be fixed by turning off half the lights. It was way too brightly lit, to the level you'd find in a fast food restaurant where I was sitting against the wall. (2) No liquor license, so no Pisco Sour, only drinks mixed with Soju, beer and wine. One other small issue, the website says they take American Express, the check comes in a folder with an American Express logo on it, but the waiter asked me for another card and said they only took visa, mastercard or cash. There's not much else in the area to draw me back, so I don't think I'd make the trek out again.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Hard to give a full review. The girls I was with made me turn the car around and get out of the area. In their words, we are in the ghetto and get us out before the sun goes down. Unfortunate as I understand the food is good, but the location was a little tough.
- Bayview is still Bayview.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012The location of this Limon is not so nice as the other LImon on Valencia St. The food is basically the same, but the ambience is a little lacking. It's very difficult to find the turnoff to the parking lot, and we must have circled around 3 times trying to find it. The parking lot is kind of in the middle of a new development, fairly characterless, a little oasis of newness within the dark and seamy junkyard that is Bayview at night. The food came totally out of order from what we asked for, meaning chicken first, salads last...I won't be back in a hurry.
- The service and food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2012The service and food was great i would refer this place to all of my family and friends.Special Features:
- Good is good for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2012Good is good for the price. It was not busy that day and the server is slow.
- The best way to eat at LimonOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2012The best way to eat at Limon is to have a lot of people in your party so you get eat a wide variety of dishes. We were seven at this dinner, six from the east coast, and myself, who has eaten here numerous times. I started us off by ordering the roasted chicken, so delicious and tender with just the right amount of spice. Everyone got into the act with a variety of dishes, they are real meat eaters and there are lots of great dishes to satisfy the need. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the wait staff was great.Special Features:
- Limited menu, but good dining experMarksfoVIPDined on 8/5/2012Limon is located conveniently near my home, so I have dined there several times. The food has been consistently good. The menu does not vary - this happens to suit me but I know that would not the preference of many Open Table members. The service is generally pretty good, though it seemed a bit off on this most recent occasion. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. They are not able to seat a great many people, so the noise level is almost hushed by SF standards. They were out of theor signature dish, oddly, which is really their only large plate offering. But all the small plate offerings I've eaten have been quite good - particularly the braised short ribs (I am not a beef fan).Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2012Good food, reasonably priced, good service, nice atmosphere! You can't ask for much more than that!Special Features:
- Limon Rotisserie in the BayKelvinDined on 7/13/2012Limon Rotisserie in the Bay View is a good Peruvian restaurant in the neighborhood. The design and decor is similar to their other locations in San Francisco. The service was good and the food was good as well. I recommend that you at least try this restaurant once.Special Features:
- Nice to have Limon in theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2012Nice to have Limon in the neighborhood, really a welcome addition.Special Features:
- In a somewhat industrial neighborhoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/7/2012In a somewhat industrial neighborhood. Not as intimate as the one on Valencia but food was still excellent.
- great dinning! great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2012great dinning! great service! desert menu is weak, all in all great place to dine@ value price. will visit again.Special Features:
- Nice Little Gem in the Bay ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2012It's my pleasure to recommend Limon Rotisserie-Bay View. The menu, food, and service are good enough for foodies. The area is industrial, but clean. Parking is on site, abundant, and easy. Limon is the first of desperately-needed restaurants of this caliber in this area.Special Features:
- I have been 3 times in thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2012I have been 3 times in this place and the food is outstanding. This is my wife's favorite place.The ceviche is the best
- Great food, confused serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2012Our party of four went to Limon - Bay View on a Friday night. It was crowded. We felt rushed to order. We ordered drinks right away, but they did not arrive promptly. Before we put our order in, a server tried to bring us unordered food. The server who took our order was very helpful with explanations and recommendations. After we ordered, the food arrived soon. It was delicious. During the meal more servers tried to give us more unordered food. We often could not find our server to refill our drinks, so at times the hostess, a bus person, and someone who seemed to be the manager helped us. Despite the confused service, we had a wonderful meal. We will try this place again to see if we hit it on an unusual night.Special Features:
- Delicious and delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012The food was terrific. Moistest chicken I've ever had. The short ribs were tender and and delicious. Yuca and sweet potato fries were so yummy! The truffle mac & cheese was to die for and I LOVED the ceviche -- so tasty! The mojito, even though made with sake, was delicious, and the sangria was very good too! Service was great and price for, including drinks (4 singles and then a pitcher of sangria), came to $125.00... which I consider a quite a deal. I'll be back... again and again. Oh... and parking was great too, with a free lot and garage.Special Features:
- This was our first visit whichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012This was our first visit which was for Father's Day and we were so impressed by the great customer service and the food that was recommended was excellent. The Sangria was the BEST!!Special Features:
- This new location had justOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2012This new location had just opened. The service was a bit lacking as I think everyone was new. Food was the same as other locations but ambiance not quite as nice as Van Ness. Not worth driving out of your way.
- The Bay View neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2012The Bay View neighborhood leaves a lot to be desired (there isn't much around) but the restaurant is nice and there is plenty of parking in the back. No Pisco Sour which was a bit of a disappointment, but their other cocktails and sangria made up for it. The small plates we ordered were delicious and the service was very good. We ordered the Pollo de Parilla, Chicharron de Pollo, and the Lomito Saltado. We would definitely eat here again or try their other locations.
- Bayview Hot SpotSimplygratefulDined on 6/11/2012Excellent food, great service, plenty of parking, wonderful atmosphere, Muni rail-station stop is across the street. If you need to go grocery shopping afterwards, Fresh & Easy is next door. It would be great if they started a weekend brunch menu since there's so much convenience with transportation and before the underdeveloped area becomes a popular hot spot.Special Features:
- Can't say enough about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Can't say enough about this place. Great food, family friendly. I wouldn't go here planning a quiet dinner, but otherwise great all around. The wine list could stand a bit of improvement but other than that couldn't find any flaws.Special Features:
- We ordered a couple of coldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012We ordered a couple of cold plates and a couple of hot plates. The waiter was helpful in choosing the right choice and right amount of food. The price is also very reasonable for what we got.Special Features:
- the flavors and Taste areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012the flavors and Taste are Awesome. A Peruvian Delight!!!Special Features:
- Great food!nanrehDined on 4/25/2012It's great to have a place like Limon in our neighborhood. I had the rotisserie chicken and it was perfect. The sauces were amazing. The salad was delicious.Special Features:
- Great Peruvian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012Limon has three locations in SF. All are some of the best Peruvian food at a decent price. This location on Third street has the advantage of an adjacent free parking garage and less crowded than the other Limon locations. If you enjoy true Peruvian food, I would suggest visiting any of the Limon locations in SF.Special Features:
- Delicious Peruvian spicingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/15/2012Delicious Peruvian spicing in every dish. Rotisserie chicken way better than anything you'll get from the grocery store. Try the yuca fries and tacu-tacu (spiced rice and beans mixture). New location getting a quiet start. Wait staff aim to please. Free parking in their building under the Fresh & Easy grocery store.Special Features: