The Farm House Restaurant
1146 Stump Hall Rd.
Skippack, PA 19474Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Farm House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.skippackfarmhouse.com/
- Phone: 6105845170x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Casey Leffell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Farm House Restaurant
Located in the picturesque Evansburg State Park, The Farm House Restaurant offers a remarkable view of the Skippack Golf Course and uniquely prepared dishes to match! Visit us today and sample one of our specially crafted entrees made from the freshest and healthiest ingredients available, including our pan-seared salmon, and jumbo lump crab. The Farm House also features outside seating and weekly live entertainment. Please contact us to book your next special event or cocktail party!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Farm House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Skippack ›
The Farm House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (47)scenic view (35)romantic (20)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Love the FarmpharmhousephanDined on 2/14/2014The Farm House has become our favorite place to dine. It is small (please keep it this way!), quiet, and the food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelySoupDined on 2/8/2014Lovely place to visit. Nice for a romantic dinner or dinner with friends. Very friendly, helpful waitstaff. You feel as if you are in someone's home dining in their dining room. There is also a large bar area separate from the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The rack of lamb was fantastic,BearVIPDined on 2/1/2014The rack of lamb was fantastic, others in the party were satisfied with choices but not overwhelmed (salmon, meatloaf). Not a great deal of selection, but overall interesting options.
- Great lunchLarryRVIPDined on 1/23/2014We went with another couple for lunch and it was very good. Crab Cake sandwich was very good, so was the Hamberger and the Salmon wrap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchLarryRVIPDined on 1/19/2014We were just there for brunch and it was terrific. Eggs benedict were very good.Special Features:
- Wanted to try someplace newOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/18/2014My husband and I wanted to try someplace new to us and we were very happy with our selection. The Farm House Restaurant was so quaint and cozy on a cold winter evening. The food was delicious and the service was great. And oh, my French martini was wonderful!
- Mostly very good but one low point.miami307Dined on 1/18/2014My wife and I enjoyed our appetizers, vegetables and bananas foster but our flounder special was not so special. When we mentioned it to our server, she removed our plates and offered us substitute dinners. She also was apologetic and informed us that the special would be removed from the check and the flounder would be removed from the menu. The situation was handled properly and since my wife and I had enjoyed our previous visits, we will return for dinner.
- Good food, but . . .LeebsDined on 1/11/2014Salad options are limited, but they were accommodating in modifying a salad to suit our taste. The Salmon was good (just a tad dry) but our waitress was cordial at best. She did a good job but we felt like she was doing us a favor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningDebWDined on 1/10/2014Friendly staff. Good variety of appetizers, entrees and desserts. A great Bloody Mary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLarryRVIPDined on 1/3/2014Food and service is always consistent. This is our go to spot. Weather you are sitting at the bar or in the dining room we always enjoy the Farm House and everyone that work there.Special Features:
- New Year Eve DinnerRysdesVIPDined on 12/31/2013For some unknown reasons, the menu of the evening was a lesser menu available on their website. There weren't that many items to choose from; no poultry at all. The waitress was friendly. But she did not tell us about the drinks special of the night. (We heard the specials were offered to guests at other tables.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watch the menukimmyg213Dined on 12/31/2013We were excited to try this restaurant based on their menu on the website. When we get there, the menu had a third of the options listed online. At first I thought it may be a daily or weekly special, but then I noticed the menu was laminated. Pretty disappointing. Had we known, we would have chosen to eat elsewhere.
- Small Fun SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013The Farmhouse is a small venue that provides for a warm and intimate setting with great service. The menu is full with well presented and delicious appetizers and entrees, all reasonably priced. It is a favorite place for my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rest and RelaxationVivaldiVIPDined on 12/23/2013Our dinner was a delightful experience. We were exhausted from preparing for the holidays and just wanted to be waited on for an hour. Our server was extremely pleasant and attentive, and the dinner was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here and we willDeniseVIPDined on 12/21/2013First time here and we will be back. Travis the bartender and our waitress Dina were great. The food was excellent. A hidden gem for sure!!!Special Features:
- Birthday partyBirthdayDined on 12/21/2013Butternut squash soup was watery. Apps., and salads were very good. Desserts were excellent. The best entrees were the meatloaf. Great for the price. My husbands shortribs were just OK. I ordered the lump crabmeat dinner for $30.00 and got flaky crabmeat out of the body of the crab. I was picking out small pieces of shells throughout. I felt that I was taken. I did not get the meal that was advertised. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experienceTheGallopingGourmetDined on 12/1/2013It was a nice ride up Skippack Pike thru the more rural areas of Montco. Parking was a cinch and a short walk to the restaurant. The ambiance was plain, but warm and comfortable. Our server Julia was sweet and fairly attentive. The bartender who made a really delicious Bloody Mary for me is a knockout. Our shared appetizer of lightly grilled scallops was sublime. I would go back especially in the Spring and Summer evenings when the view and the outside patio can be enjoyed.Special Features:
- Always goodLarryRVIPDined on 11/16/2013A favorite of my wife and I, always good service and food.Special Features:
- Travis is a great bartender.BethieDined on 11/16/2013Travis is a great bartender. This is the second time we have eaten at The Farmhouse and it was even better this time. Shirley was our waitress again and she is fantastic!! What a delicious meal and wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Neighborhood FindJLargoDined on 11/12/2013Bartender suggested upon entering a special drink...Pumpkin Martini, yummy! Had lunch at the Farmhouse and always look forward the the "soup of the day". Butternut squash was on the menu. Delicious as always. Great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPeggyDined on 11/9/2013Great food, great drinks, great service = Great Restaurant . We will definately be going back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice dining experienceJoJoDined on 11/9/2013Food is always very tasty. Cocktails are well made. Butternut squash soup and salmon always a winner to order. Lamb chops are wonderful too.Special Features:
- Great spotLarryRVIPDined on 11/4/2013My wife and I are regulars. Food is always great and the service is terrific. Always a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding place.bcjnj60Dined on 11/3/2013There is nothing else I can say except that it was an outstanding place with outstanding food and service. The prime rib was out of this world. For a sunday night we thought it was going to be busier but we were the only ones there at the time. For the reviews that we saw I thought it would have been packed. We plan on definitely going back to the Farm house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow service.miami307Dined on 11/2/2013The early evening bar crowd was a little loud but at 8PM did settle down. My wife and I enjoyed our entrees (could have been warmer) and she enjoyed her "banana foster treat". The soup of the day was very good (and hot). They also offered a wine special which was a nice complement to our meal at a bargain price. The service could have been a little more prompt which could account for the less than hot entree.Special Features:
- We'll returnBoulangerDined on 11/2/2013The food was fabulous. Both my wife and i considered it the best meal we'd had in ages. Wonderfully fresh salads, outstanding entrees (she---baked lump crab, me---salmon) and great desserts. The place was a bit noisy. It was a Saturday evening; perhaps another time would be quieter. This was our first time there; we'll certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerBobbyBVIPDined on 11/1/2013My wife loved the signature salmon. I enjoyed the ahi tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2013It is a unique restaurant as it feels very rustic. The Food was mediocre and our server didn't check up on us that much. The service was really slow.Special Features:
- Been there twice in the lastlynn0363Dined on 10/25/2013Been there twice in the last month. Hubby had lamb both times and was very happy with it. My salmon was good, too. Delish appletini, and best of all, the icecream rolled in pretzels~~yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little Findllb3Dined on 10/24/2013We recently had lunch at The Farm House. Although It is associated with a golf course, the food and ambiance is great. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. There is a cozy bar if you want to just kick back and relax and the food is excellent. The dining area is moderately sized and there is outdoor seating when the weather allows. I have been here for dinners, lunches and a private catered affair. All were great,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yeswolfeeVIPDined on 10/21/2013Monday night and we were only one of three cars.W e started to leave,but hunger bade us to stay. G ood for hunger,the food excellent as was the soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchLarryRVIPDined on 10/11/2013We had a Great lunch. A birthday lunch for my daughter was very nice. Excellent sandwiches and a nice glass of wine enjoyed by all. Try the Onion Rings, they were delicious. Been here many times for dinner and am never disappointed. We also occasionally go here for football games and they have half price Wings and Berger's and $1 off house wine and $2.50 pints of Yuengling Lager. The service is always friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely!jje23Dined on 10/8/2013The food was quite lovely, including the scallops and the ahi tuna. Everything very fresh and the place is really sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had wonderful service andHeatherEDined on 10/5/2013We had wonderful service and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOutdoorDiningVIPDined on 10/4/2013Great patio with nice live entertainment thru out the night. New menu selections were nice to see and the lobster mac and cheese was very good. Service was also great with Dina.Special Features:
- Salad presentation was mediocre.19490localVIPDined on 9/30/2013Salad presentation was mediocre. Meat loaf and Crab cakes underwhelming. Crab cakes too watery. Meat loaf unappetizing. Service was wonderful!Special Features:
- Did not meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/26/2013I took my inlaws here for dinner after passing the restaurant on several occasions and thinking it looked nice. It's in an attractive old farmhouse overlooking a golf course, a lovely setting. Our reservations were on a Thursday evening and we were the only people seated in the restaurant. They offer a very small wine selection, but the food menu was good. Our server was very nice, but the food was very slow to come out. Well over 30 mins. The lighting in the dining area was awful as the lights were constantly getting brighter and dimmer - as though they have overloaded the circuit. It was very distracting. Being a moderatly expensive restaurant on a nice gold course I had high expectations. very disappointing overall.
- very nicetmhilbushVIPDined on 9/15/2013enjoyed it, menu was a bit bar-like but food was goodSpecial Features:
- Great place to dinerae45Dined on 9/14/2013Food was wonderful. Service was great. My family of five had a super time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotOutdoorDiningVIPDined on 9/14/2013Before our reservation we sat at the bar and had a drink and had a nice conversation with the bartender. We moved to our table and highly enjoyed the food and the service. There was a birthday in the group and the staff made us feel right at home. We wanted to sit outside but due to it being a little cold they had a nice table for us inside. Great job.Special Features: