36889 N. Tom Darlington Dr
Carefree, AZ 85377Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafebink.com/
- Phone: 4804889796x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily - 3:00pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, French American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Binkley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: It is our goal to bring the Cafe Bink dining experience to your home.
A word from Cafe Bink
Cafe Bink is the "little sister of Binkley’s Restaurant" where exceptional ingredients are prepared with straightforward simplicity. Many of the classic French food preparation methods are used, but Cafe Bink is a modern American cafe serving the best available local and organic products whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Bink reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)notable wine list (5)special occasion (4)romantic (2)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very relaxed pub atmosphereMadEaterDined on 9/27/2013Very relaxed pub atmosphere with a very lively bar. Many regulars. We enjoyed the "Restaurant Week" prixe fixed menu. The risotto was outstanding along with the eggplant appetizer. The server was very helpful and knowledgeable about the food preparation. I would definitely return for their regular menu and even brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth tryingjmfoodVIPDined on 9/22/2013Not the exceptional experience we were hoping for. Food was OK, and service attentive.
- Good and pleasant servicebenbenDined on 9/13/2013Good and pleasant service (Bill) food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen was slow--waite betweenBrunoVIPDined on 9/8/2013Kitchen was slow--waite between appetizer and entree was long. Fish was tasteless with no sauce and green beans were to oily. To expensive for less than mediocre food. Tried twice and again will not recommend. Last time at this restaurant.
- Off season and 'B' TeamCottonbalerDined on 8/25/2013My first disappointment there at a usually go to recommendation. Two fresh fish dishes were up to their usually high standard. Shrimp was tough! Ribs would have been remarkable but were heavily oversalted. Foi gras slider was black, not tan = overdone. Wine recommendations were of the wise guy, "so you know wine..." variety, followed by poor examples and followed up by a red that was red and wet plonk. Bartender reco was a decent Alsatian but too late for the fois gras with which it was to accompany. Bus boy a young keeper if he is in training.
- YuppieHJK18Dined on 8/24/2013Food and presentation was good but not a place to go if you are hungry. Server was too aggressive.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2013This is small special neighborhood spot, the food is delicious and the menu a little different from just the standard food you find at most restaurants. The servers are friendly and well informed about their food and the wine menu. A most enjoyable place. We keep going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2013Took my fiancé to Cafe Bink for the best meal we've had in a long time! We live in Anthem, which is a vast culinary wasteland. The special desert (creme brûlée eclaire) was amazing! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Bink is fun!TJV2000Dined on 8/6/2013Fun food and a nice casual atmosphere. A definite spot to try if you are in Cavecreek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Café Bink's always comes throughOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/30/2013Café Bink's always comes through with an innovative menu, nice ambience, as well as friendly attentive service. Makes for an enjoyable relaxed evening. Don't forget to order the French Fries!!!! In cooler weather, the patio is the place to be.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with a very close friendOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2013Went with a very close friend and had a great dinner. It was her first time, and we just had a bunch of appetizers. We had the heirloom tomato special and it was divine. Will always travel to carefree to eat here even though its a long way. Totally worth it. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb !FlipperVIPDined on 6/30/2013One of the best restaurant in the North Scottsdale / Carefree area. Great food,, great service and superb wines !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013We came here for Father's Day brunch. It was the first time here and we were very pleasantly surprised! This unassuming little restaurant in a small shopping center, delivers great food with friendly service. We have already talked about a return visit, this time for dinner! We live in the culinary wasteland of Anthem so we were happy to find this great little place so close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Find!MikeDined on 6/15/2013Cafe Bink is most definitely worth the drive to Cave Creek! Food was absolutely stellar...without exception. Amy's Bolognese & cheezy polenta was nothing short of spectacular...best Bolognese I've ever had. Try it...you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of our go to restaurantMameVIPDined on 6/6/2013This is one of our go to restaurants. Always good, always consistent. Service is good and friendly. Like this place and for sure will returnSpecial Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/1/2013After going to Binkley's with my wife, I was excited to go to Cafe Bink for a more casual experience with great food. The restaurant was casual. The server, although pretty nice and helpful, had stains on his T shirt and was sweating. We like tapas style, so we ordered appetizers. The fries are amazing and the highlight of the evening, the truffle ketchup is really awesome. It did go down hill from there though. The muscles were ok. The Foie gras sliders, let's just say this would have been amazing if the bread wasn't so hard and unmanageable. I asked for sauce with the calamari, they had to have someone come out to tell me that they dont have a sauce for it and would not make one. The French onion soup was so/so and tasted a bit burnt.
- We've been to Cafe Bink onceDCDinerVIPDined on 5/28/2013We've been to Cafe Bink once or twice a year since it opened. It was very good at the start but the last couple of visits have been weak enough so that it's now off our list for our visits to the area. Poor service on this visit could be excused by the fact that they were short staffed, but the food quality has gone way downhill. Shame, because I really used to look forward to our stops there.
- Hit and MissOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/19/2013We've been to this place a few times and I would say some dishes that shine while others fail to make the grade. As the sister restaurant to reknowned Binkley's, it's kind of hard to overlook these missteps. I appreciate Binkley's is high end dining while Cafe Bink is casual but even low-brow food can be amazing if cooked properly. The hand-pulled mozzarella is always delish as are the fries. My biggest disappointment as of late was the fried chicken. I felt in need of some comfort food and was excited when I saw it on the menu. What a tragedy! It looked promising enough but was totally devoid of any seasoning or spice - even salt and pepper couldn't help its cause. I rarely treat myself to such caloric decadence and this was a total wash.
- High quality ingredients,ArizonanVIPDined on 5/19/2013High quality ingredients, simple preparations, casual atmosphere. The fries are wonderful and I recommend both the trout and the salmon BLT sandwich.Special Features:
- Two down one to goOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2013I've eaten at Binkley's and now Cafe Bink. Only one other Kevin Binkley restaurant to try. Cafe Bink did not disappoint. The service was excellent and even though it was restaurant week we ordered off the menu. They had just roasted a pig on the patio that day and were offering all you can eat fresh pig. I'm not sure why it's all you can eat, I couldn't eat more than one serving--very tasty. My favorite indulgence was the truffle ketchup....OMG, i put it on everything. The restaurant is casual but you get a fine dining experience. Worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at Cafe BinkTheAubDined on 5/15/2013My girlfriend and I went here for a random date night. Great food, great service, and lovely a lovely outdoor sitting patio. This is great food, pricey, but very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable food in CarefreeCSKMDDined on 5/12/2013Overall pleased with Cafe Bink, foodie quality fair in a strip mall in Carefree. My scallops were sensational. My wife ordered the Sand Dabs. Unfortunately, they were overcook the first time around and almost impossible to cut. Our server replaced them with another plate that was greatly improved and cooked perfectly. The pulled mozzarella appetizer was incredible! The atmosphere is very casual. If delicious food is your goal then try Cafe Bink. I am sure we will be back. By the way, the prices were very fair given the quality of the meal.Special Features:
- SAD PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013We stopped in on Mother's Day . I don't even want to go into how bad it was. The waitress tried , the manager apologized and in fairness did not charge us. The cooks either don't have the training or tools to succeed or they just don't care. Either way the have no business being in a kitchen . Maybe they'll fix the place. Stay away for now
- Mothers Day BrunchDaveTDined on 5/12/2013Seated promptly at booked time. Took a while for our server to show up, but after our initial wait service was great. The calamari was the best ever. Onion soup was excellent but almost overpowering. Arugula salad was fantastic, as was the steak frites. Compact selection of very nice wines at reasonable prices. Mother was delighted. Will go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The eggs benefict was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/12/2013The eggs benefict was delicious but the server was not very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- While no one was in the restaurantBrunoVIPDined on 5/12/2013While no one was in the restaurant we were seated by the bussing station--bad seating. The brunch selection was sparse with the egg dish and croq madam were of very poor quality.
- Service issuesLovejacksonVIPDined on 5/10/2013For a usually dependable restaurant, during our meal last Friday we had terrible service. No one checked on us ever. We had to ask to get drinks, to order, to refresh drinks and to pay. It was hard to even wave someone down. Very embarrassing as we had guests with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not goodTrynewrestaurantDined on 5/7/2013The quiche was anything but a quiche. It was eggs and it was very small. Very disappointing, wont go back.Special Features:
- great for date night!winstongal72VIPDined on 5/3/2013Our dinner at Cafe Bink was just simply wonderful! We started with the freshly pulled mozzarella - it was rich, creamy, and each of the three choices of sauces added something special to it. We also enjoyed the bacon wrapped dates - I loved the combination of spicy chorizo, the sweetness of the dates, the smoothness of the cheese and the crunch of the bacon. For our entrees we had the hangar steak, nicely complimented with the horseradish bread pudding , and the ribs with the jalapeno glaze had a subtle heat and sweetness. We indulged in the apple crostada for dessert and it was a lovely way to finish the meal. Top it all off that I could have my favorite Malbec (Catena Vista Flores) and I was a very happy girl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was looking forward to tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Was looking forward to trying this restaurant since the chef/owner has such great reputation in the area. Sadly disappointed. Service was very slow getting cocktails and appetizers. The bus staff was non existent. And the food was just average. No seasonings.Special Features:
- Been many times and keep comingZumbanistaVIPDined on 4/22/2013Been many times and keep coming back because it's a winner!Special Features:
- This is our go to place.MameVIPDined on 4/21/2013This is our go to place. Love the food and service. We will return again and again.Special Features:
- Fantastic food. Fries areSusieDined on 4/20/2013Fantastic food. Fries are to die for. Outdoor patio is between a parking lot and a road, but looking toward the road is a nice view of the mountains.Special Features:
- Too crowded and loud. I preferOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013Too crowded and loud. I prefer not sitting so close to others I don't know while diningSpecial Features:
- we had french onion soup,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2013we had french onion soup, fried chicken. food was ok, but not great. french fries came out cold. Not a bad place, but not highly recommended
- Quality Control? Where is it?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013I've been here twice now and walked away both times wondering why I paid as much as I did. I've read great things about Binkley's and assumed Cafe Bink would be good. In reality, I think it might just be a training center for Binkley's. First off, the maitre'd is always polite and professional. The wait staff is also very polite. The problem I have with Cafe Bink is that there is absolutely no consistency to the food. The first time I went, the horseradish bread pudding was burned on the bottom. The second time, our first serving of bread was perfect. The second one was burned. One time the fries were perfect. The other time, burned. For the price, there should be some level of quality control. With that, it's good food, but not greSpecial Features:
- Disappointed with qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/13/2013Disappointed with quality of food. Expected more after dining at Binkley's. Pork was tasteless and poor presentation with food "thrown" together in a dish. Expected a better dining experience.Special Features:
- Incredibly Slow ServiceAZmikeVIPDined on 4/5/2013I guess every restaurant is entitled to an off night once in a while and we were the "lucky" ones to endure this one. Slow service would be a major understatement. Our entire meal took 2 hours and 15 minutes for a group of 4. We were there over 20 minutes before we got our drinks. Well over 30 minutes before we ordered. Then one entree came out cold and had to be sent back. They offered us a couple of free desserts for our troubles and then we waited 15 minutes for them. We had finally had enough and decided to skip the desserts all together. They did comp our entire tab, which I give them credit for. Not likely to go back any time soon.
- Unfortunately, three entreesCheesekingDined on 4/5/2013Unfortunately, three entrees arrived at the table cold. Staff and management tried to make amends, by comping one and providing two free deserts. Have eaten there several times and really like the place, but this evening was not their best effort--hopefully it was a one off. Service not as good as usual. Food is quite good. I will go back.Special Features:
- They were totally overbooked,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2013They were totally overbooked, noise level was loud, service was VERY slow and quality of food is very so-so. This was once an excellent restaurant with quality food but no longer. The Sanddabs were greasy and overcooked. The kitchen cannot handle the number of customers and they have pushed themselves to the brink of no return (mine!).