36889 N. Tom Darlington Dr
Carefree, AZ 85377Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafebink.com/
- Phone: 4804889796x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily - 3:00pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, French American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Binkley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: It is our goal to bring the Cafe Bink dining experience to your home.
A word from Cafe Bink
Cafe Bink is the "little sister of Binkley’s Restaurant" where exceptional ingredients are prepared with straightforward simplicity. Many of the classic French food preparation methods are used, but Cafe Bink is a modern American cafe serving the best available local and organic products whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Bink reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (20)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (6)special occasion (4)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Nite OutcavecreekerDined on 3/30/2014Another very pleasurable dining experience at Cafe Bink. The food and service is always excellent. Loved the Bolognese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014We had a wonderful brunch for my birthday. Loved the green chili with eggs and although it was quite filling I couldn't resist ordering dessert, since it was a celebration. I had the profiteroles served with a candle and DH had the pumpkin doughnuts & cream. Both were outstanding. The cafe is pretty far from home but worth the trip. Can't wait to go back and try the salmon or pulled pork.Special Features:
- What happened?mikeonmercerDined on 3/29/2014Service was very slow. Food was served cold and had to be sent back. Wine on wine list was misrepresented as better label (served Decoy, not Duckhorn). Coffee was served in searing hot cups that could not be touched. Wait staff blamed the kitchen. Manager didn't even offer a sincere apology.
- Delicious!TallgirlDined on 3/12/2014Four of us had dinner. We all ordered different items from the menu. Everyone enjoyed their dinners, except the person who had the sloppy joe dinner. It just didn't live up to the diners expectation. The sandwich was slightly dry and the meat was also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodGoodeatsDined on 3/12/2014We have never been disappointed! Great seating on the outdoor patio next to the fireplace.Special Features:
- SusieSusieDined on 3/7/2014Very busy Friday night so service was slow. But food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- close 2 homego2cafesDined on 3/6/2014my husband and I love binks and eat there often. it has sophisticated atmosphere and food, but is informal and close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/4/2014Mushroom soup is the best ever. Foie gras slider, calamari,salmon, everything we had was outstanding. Debra is a most amiable server. Our only criticism is that the tables indoors are too close together; one could almost take a bite from a neighboring table.Special Features:
- !st time there...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014...and we were very happy to have been there! Food was excellent and they adapted to our food allergies very easily! We will return when ever we visit Carefree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Café Bink is always a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/16/2014Café Bink is always a good choice for lunch or dinner. Delicious food (especially the fries), great wait staff all for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemLTScottsdaleDined on 2/15/2014Always look forward to dining there! Mushroom soup and Amy's Bolognese have incredible flavors! I have not been disappointed by anything I have tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly quiet on the patioMGalDined on 2/13/2014The food and service were fantastic. We had a table outside with great views of the mountains. It was surprisingly quiet given the proximity to the road and we were able to comfortably carry on conversation without traffic noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!LucyDined on 1/24/2014Eclectic menu. Great fries. Fish fresh. Fancy items and good old family food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant findJohnDined on 1/23/2014We had read about the various Binkley restaurants decided to try Cafe Bink (we like the Cave Creek area). We had an excellent meal with great service and nice views. It is not inexpensive but worth the trip for those of us who live down in Scottsdale. We definitely plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful time a CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2014Had a wonderful time a Cafe Bink! Great food and wonderful ambience of a beautiful fireplace and a view of Black Mountain. The food was great and we had some wonderful wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and I likeOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 1/10/2014Great restaurant and I like the fact they never rush you. We've been there numerous times, mostly for lunch, and enjoy it everytime. Great French fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place. The foodHusker1Dined on 1/10/2014Love this place. The food is awesome and unique. The fries are awesome - especially the truffle oil ketchup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter made bad impressionnot4meDined on 1/10/2014Waiter made bad impression right away. Wine pricey. Limited selection. Had fish & chips. Fish did not have much taste fries were fine. Busboy was the best experience and was very helpful.
- Oh, waiterneepVIPDined on 1/7/2014The primary waiter was way too loud. His conversation with people two tables away would force us to stop talking until he finished. He also came by way too often to interrupt with "Everything good here?", again in a loud, obtrusive voice. Jenny Bell at lunch does things right, in the background. This guy at dinner apparently wants to be the center of attention. The baby back rib dish needs something else on the plate, besides over-roasted, crusty corn bread. A small helping of something green would help, the way the green beans helped the trout dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quicken ServiceKitztravelerVIPDined on 1/2/2014We've dined at Café Bink several times over the last couple of years as it's very convenient to our home in North Scottsdale. Although the food is good, it's not remarkable, and the service was pleasant, although amazingly slow - even by AZ standards (which tends to be relaxed). We needed to ask for almost everything. As there's so many excellent places in the area, it's unlikely we'd return in the near future.
- Wonderful Year End DinnerWillymyVIPDined on 12/31/2013We went to Cafe Bink for a late New Year's Eve dinner and we're not disappointed. The dining room was full but we were seated right away. Our wait staff were very attentive given the large crowd. The dinner was excellent. Best mushroom soup we have had in years. Overall, an enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013This is a great neghborhood dining spot. Friendly bartender and waitress. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cave Creek FavoriteAZFoodieVIPDined on 12/23/2013Love the food (Amy's Bolognese), love the staff (Donna) and love the casual vibe. Never had a bad experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love coming here. LoveMameVIPDined on 12/19/2013We love coming here. Love the food and environment here. Nice and cozy. Will return for sure, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Carefree hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013A very nice restaurant in Carefree. Menu changes often so always new. Service was very good. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We often dine here and areOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2013We often dine here and are always pleased with the interesting dishes and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatmandaDined on 11/23/2013Took a group here last weekend and we were not impressed. The sloppy joes were not even hot and the food was only OK at best. I think next time we are in the area we would go somewhere else, maybe Tonto.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/22/2013This restaurant has signficantly changed and not in th right direction. The french fries, which has been their signature were so salty and overly done. The sauces still wonderful. Our food came out cold, we mentioned it, after we ate our butternut squash soup, but the main courses were no better. The trout which was also a signature dish was bland and the mixed green salad had no chevre or figs as advertised. They must have a new chef. I use to take guests here, when they came to town. No more.
- Highly recommend this restaurant.JJP2VIPDined on 11/16/2013Highly recommend this restaurant. If you like binkley's, you will like cafe binkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bink is BestSek1Dined on 11/9/2013Casual dining at its best. Great menu, knowledgable staff and friendly service.Special Features:
- Good despite our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013Went to celebrate our anniversary. Didn't know that patio seating required a min 48 hr request. Our table was by kitchen and featured constant wait staff traffic and shouting. Likely the worst table in the restaurant. If we go again we will either request patio or sit at the bar. After we were seated we were "forgotten". Eventually our waitress discovered us, apologize and was very nice. Our food was good. Appetizers were the stuffed chili pepper (very tasty but wish it was a bit bigger) and roastder potatoes. Entrees were salad with salmon and fish and chips. Food portions were nice (not too big), served hot and were tasty. Will try out happy hour to see what bar seating is like before going back to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okcavecreekerVIPDined on 11/1/2013Have eaten here many times. Seems the quality is declining. Meals were just not special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor dining area withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2013Nice outdoor dining area with a great view. Menu somewhat limited but all three of us enjoyed the main courses. We will return.Special Features:
- Equally Good for Lunch as for DinneZumbanistaVIPDined on 10/30/2013We've eaten at Cafe Bink many times, but this was our first lunch experience. Although many of our dinner dishes weren't on the lunch menu, we found some new and delicious meals. 2 do our party of 4 raved about the Chopped Salad, and the Salmon sandwich on Brioche was a big hit as well. We shared a bottle of The Ned Pinot Grigio and started off with Bink's signature cone of Fries with 3 sauces. Expert and comfortable service and great food in this small bistro. Much recommended.Special Features:
- disappointed!localdinerVIPDined on 10/29/2013Thought we would give this local place another try as the previous visits have been disappointing. Well nothing has changed. Menu items are somewhat overpriced with the preparation being no more than adequate. One couple ordered a dessert which they ended up eating no more than a fork full. Explained to the mgr. that it just wasn't up to par. Item was still on the check when we paid. French Fries - one of their specialties - arrived not hot and very limpy - ended up being replaced by a new serving that was fresh. I think this place lives off the reputation of its owner other restaurant - Binkley's - which is high end, gourmet. Overall - not worth going back another time regardless of convenience.Special Features:
- Have been to Cafe Bink numerousnscottsdaledinersDined on 10/25/2013Have been to Cafe Bink numerous times and always had great service and a great meal. Not so much this time. The food quality was mediocre at best and the service was slow and inattentive. Not their usual standard, but gave my wife and I cause for concern. The Charcuterie (we have ordered before) was a much smaller portion size and the quality of the cured meats was lacking. The sloppy joe bun was burned on the bottom and the meat was dry and lacked flavor. The fries (which are normally a hit) seemed like they were stale and lacked their normal crispiness and flavor. My wife ordered the quiche. It was a small portion, but good (not great). While we are not big portion eaters, all of the portions were not adequate. Overall disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingcavecreekerDined on 10/12/2013This was our third trip to Café Bink. The last was several months ago and the food was delicious so we were anxious to return. Wish the experience measured up to our enthusiasm. We ordered the French fries as an appetizer. They were great as always. My husband decided on the trout which was good. I however made the mistake of ordering the beef tips. That dish has to be the worst entrée I've ever eaten in a restaurant. Not only did it look unappetizing, but it was poorly prepared. The dish consisted of 3-4 tough pieces of beef which were literally thrown in a shallow bowl with some unseasoned vegetables. In hindsight, I should have sent it back and asked for a different entrée. I doubt we will be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Cafe Bink- restaurant weekRichardcDined on 9/29/2013Poor showing for restaurant week. The food was disappointing. Bink dropped the ball.
- A wonderful night outBudgetFoodieDined on 9/28/2013Came for restaurant week. I was not disappointed. While it does not have the same "wow" factor as Binkleys, the lower price makes it much more affordable. While still expensive, the overall experience was fantastic. We didn't have a chance to try the famous sloppy joe and truffle fries this time, so we'll be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, Service excellentPatriotDinerDined on 9/28/2013We did the Arizona Restaurant Week special for $30 PP and the wine pairing for $15 PP. Server was excellent. Very attentive, helpful and fun. He suggested the french fries as an appetizer with 3 dipping sauces and also recommended a nice pinot noir. Both were outstanding. The special was 3 courses with 2 choices in each course. Butternut squash rissotto soup was delicious. Main course of veal scaloppini was fair. Meat and sauce did not have much flavor. Greens were terrible. Potato fingerlings were great. Bink's knows how to do potatoes. Dessert was a Key Lime Pie push-up. Creative and delicious. All 3 wine pairing were disappointing. 1st was too sweet for appetizer. 2nd lacked flavor. 3rd was OK, but very sweet.Special Features: