36889 N. Tom Darlington Dr
Carefree, AZ 85377Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafebink.com/
- Phone: 4804889796x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily - 3:00pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, French American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Binkley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: It is our goal to bring the Cafe Bink dining experience to your home.
A word from Cafe Bink
Cafe Bink is the "little sister of Binkley’s Restaurant" where exceptional ingredients are prepared with straightforward simplicity. Many of the classic French food preparation methods are used, but Cafe Bink is a modern American cafe serving the best available local and organic products whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Bink reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)notable wine list (5)special occasion (4)romantic (2)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- LetsEatVIPDined on 9/13/2014The fresh pulled Mozarella was divine!!!! The foie gras slider was scrumptious!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Cafe Bink is a friendly and inviting neighborhood restaurant with a comfortable atmosphere, excellent food and a reasonably priced wine list in addition to a great bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for dinnerRobertoDined on 9/2/2014After several exceptional brunches at a Cafe Bink, we finally tried late happy hour into dinner. Terrific eggplant Parmagiano, trout, and still loving those fries with truffle oil. Nice wine list. Dreading when the crowds return... Summer has been so easy, just come in and sit down!Special Features:
- Fabulous foodsunshineDined on 8/21/2014While staying at the Boulders, we decided to venture out to Cafe Bink (1.5 miles north) after hearing about it through friends. We were extremely lucky to have a cool (80 degree) evening due to a cloudy/rainy day (hard to come by in August) allowing us to eat outside on their patio. They brought us bread and vinegar w/oo to dip while we viewed the menu. Our waitress was knowledgeable and personable. I thoroughly enjoyed the calamari with capers appetizer as my main meal and a half mixed green salad. Husband had the chopped salad, also half portion, along with the tender and tasty Buttermilk Fried chicken. I highly recommend Cafe Bink, and look forward to a return visit to try other items on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Very enjoyable restaurant. Look forward to returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food friendly staff. Good service liked the open kitchenSpecial Features:
- jahnDined on 8/15/2014Great dinner - great service! Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!RobertoDined on 8/10/2014I don't know what took us so long to try this place! But since we have, we've been there weekly! GREAT FOOD. SUPER SERVICE, especially love Deborah and Donna. Call us "new regulars"!Special Features:
- Fantastic foodwalshshaneDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I went there for the first time on our anniversary and the food was amazing and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ralphyVIPDined on 8/2/2014best trout ever great service great happy hour great ambiance
- ralphyVIPDined on 5/27/2014ac was broken it was 100 degrees in he restaurant it was not a pleasant experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- DCaldineDined on 5/25/2014We like Bink in Scottsdale. We were not so happy in Care Free. A wait person who was having constant coughing fits at our table was some how able to drag out our brunch 45 minutes longer than we wanted or was necessary. The place was less than half full, so it wasn't like they were over worked. Once served, the food was good, but average for the prices charged.
- Not quite gourmetcarefreeDined on 5/24/2014Ambience: inside gloom "we are triple booked for outside seating". Service prompt & pleasant, but server seemed new and didn't know all menu details. Wine priced higher than most: some bottles marked up 4x over retail. Food:restaurant week prix fixe menu melon soup subtly flavored & delicious. Sole tasty but overcooked. Dessert peaches ordinary; regular menu kale vegetable special interesting but much too salty. Had the chef tasted the recipe? "You're the first person who has ordered it". Gazpacho perfectly delicious. Mussels good but sauce flavors would have been brighter with much less butter. Fries with truffle ketchup were the best offering. Chef very friendly with some tables, ignored others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodtiomiltyDined on 5/23/2014Was there for restaurant week. Outside seating was very comfortable. Food was delicious and will presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Brought my husband here for his birthday lunch. I saw they had mussels on the menu when I went there for lunch a time before. He loves mussels and he was not disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 200 reviews are from the Cafe Bink reviews archive.
- .Midday barpaulaDined on 5/17/2014Great food ate at bar and great bartender, Mussells were delicious, pulled cheese good, as was presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2014Very tasty and relaxed - just what we were looking for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Experiencenot2happyDined on 5/16/2014We went on a Friday night. The there were an average amount of clientele. Our server was very busy. We felt that she was overwhelmed with too many tables. When the food arrived it, the ribs were very small and overcooked. The fried chicken was very tasty and cooked excellently. We will try this restaurant again but it will not be on the top of our preferences.
- Foodie findFoodlover13Dined on 5/16/2014I picked Cafe Bink this year for my annual birthday dinner with my two best friends, and I have to say I'm sorry I did. The food was lovely, but the entire evening was not what I would have wished. Since this is for Open Table I'll stick to a food review. The French Fries, which we had at the bar, are to die for. For dinner we had the fried green tomato, the mussels, the salmon, and Amy's Bolognese, and for dessert we had the profiteroles -- all of which were delicious. My advice: for an optimal evening, dine early and sit outside.Special Features:
- Alway's great food!JJreviewerVIPDined on 5/15/2014Bink's is a weekly regular for us! Consistently good and the servers are always friendly and welcoming! In fact I don't like calling them server's, more like friends!~ I love the trout and the fries, my pal loves everything and changes it up all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful diningnewriverDined on 5/11/2014As we've come to expect from anything Kevin Binkley does, our experience at Cafe Bink was great! We ordered from the specials menu and the regular menu and all dishes were delicious, and well-portioned. Our server remembered us from last year, which was really special, and enhanced the experience as we chatted with her throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationTraveyeDined on 5/11/2014Arrived on time.We specified inside,ended up outside. Not a good start to mothers day. They took the regular doughnuts off the menu. The reason mom wanted to be there. Not a good finish.Food was on slow side getting to tables. Waitress the bright spot of visit.Special Features:
- MehBoolaDined on 5/11/2014We love all of chef Binkley's restaurants and were eager to try this one. The food was good and the service was good, save for one person. We sat at the bar and had to listen to the bartender complain about several things. We came for Mother's Day, and found his manner very off putting. The bill arrived and we were charged for four Bloody Mary's and two mimosas instead of two and one. The bill was corrected but the entire event was not something we want to repeat.Special Features:
- lunch treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Really enjoyed our lunch. Those fries are to die for. The sandwich we had was terrific but there are others I want to try so I have already made another lunch reservation.Special Features:
- G&CgaylaVIPDined on 4/26/2014The food is truly outstanding! We tried a little bit of everything; calimari, mussels, trout, salmon, brocolli, califlower, desserts, etc. -- just the best. We live in Chicago & NYC so we know good restaurants. And this restaurant ranks with some of the best in the City. And it beats 90% of the restaurants we've been to in Scottsdale. We'll be back again, and again.Special Features:
- Great placeBluebirdDined on 4/25/2014The food is outstanding here and service is great. Beautiful spot,too Nice wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedDickVIPDined on 4/24/2014Considering the owner is a James Beard finalist my expectations were higher. Food was at best mediocre. Wine list was filled with good wines of poor vintages. Well, with the exception of the wine I did select. It was a decent wine but most were not, Food was odd., unusual in a manner that was poorly conceived.Special Features:
- outdoor patio greatdaveVIPDined on 4/23/2014early dinner on the patio facing the mountains was outstanding. service, food, and ambiance was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and waitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014We dine at Cafe Bink often and have been fortunate to get to know waitstaff personnel - Debra is THE BEST! She always makes our dining experience enjoyable. Menu has changed slightly, but our favorites, trout and fried chicken, and sloppy joe all remain. Salads are fresh and tasty,, and the french fries are a must!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Enjoyed Eatser brunch very much. The best eggs benedict we have eaten! Frank, our waitperson, was terrific and added to the positive experience.Special Features:
- Visiting from ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014If weather permits, ask to be seated outside. Lovely. Indoor seating small and in-inspired. Waitstaff very helpful. Good wine selection. Excellent vegetarian options. Great deserts.Special Features:
- DisappointingfoodgirlDined on 4/18/2014I had the "special vegetable" option-a kale salad. For the price, it was very pedestrian. Kale, a few sliced snow peas, and about 4 sliced strawberries. Not special. My companions ordered salads without red onions, but received salads with the onions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/17/2014This restaurant does not deserve to be on Open Table. The ambiance was awful, the food tasteless, presentation very poor and overall not a good experience. Would have had a better meal at McDonalds.
- PerfectDickDined on 4/15/2014We have enjoyed many meals at Bink and have always had a terrific experience. We brought a couple that had never been to Bink and they indicated that this could easily be their favorite restaurant. In fact they plan to bring their daughter there for Easter. Great job bynall the staff.Special Features:
- hot Soup, cold serviceFrancesDined on 4/14/2014Waitress was new. Brought our scalding hot soup and main course at the same time Apologized but did not offer to do anything. They were two large plates which hardly fit on the table. I had to be a contortionist to have my soup because the bowl was scalding. By the time I got to my salmon which was served with the soup it was cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing short of amazingAtkinson89Dined on 4/11/2014We went for my birthday and it was extraordinary. The food was outstanding, service impeccable, and the views to die for. What more could you ask for a birthday dinner?Special Features:
- Not a favoriteTriedagainVIPDined on 4/11/2014Food was just ok. Other than the fries is was comparable to a fast food chain. I should have read more reviews....the service was absolutely HORRIBLE.
- Another excellent meal at Cafe BinkCactusGirlyDined on 4/5/2014This was our second time here and it did not disappoint. Of course we ordered the fries to start, cant beat them. The muscles were good, the calamari was good, but the standout dish was the Bolognese. OMG. Just order it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-week dinnerGirlfriendsDined on 4/1/2014Have been to this restaurant several times and enjoy their unique cuisine. Has an ok wine list, but was disappointed to learn that they were out of the only cabernet that they sell by the glass. Our meals were delicious as usual. Could use an update to their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nite OutcavecreekerDined on 3/30/2014Another very pleasurable dining experience at Cafe Bink. The food and service is always excellent. Loved the Bolognese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.