105 Rockaway Beach Avenue
Pacifica, CA 94044Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.moonrakerpacifica.com/
- Phone: 6505577025x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Open at 4:30pm daily
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:30am-2pm $29.95 per person (with mimosas and sparkling wine $39.95) / kids $12.95 (12 & under)
Dinner: Sunday - 5pm-9pm, Monday-Thursday 5pm-9:30pm, Friday and Saturday 5pm-10pm
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday 7:00am - 11:00am / Sunday 7:00am - 10:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Yeafoli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Saturday night 6:30pm-9:30pm, check our website for updates
- Special Events: Moonraker has plenty of space for corporate events, weddings, and other events. The restaurant has access to two banquet spaces within the building that can hold parties of up to 120 and 180 guests and a private dining room holding up to 20 guests, as well as the main restaurant that can accommodate 200 for guests interested in a restaurant buyout.
A word from Moonraker
This historic space holds one of the most breathtaking views in the Bay Area, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beach and the surf. Weeks of renovation have seen more than five tons of wooden beams removed and recycled for local building projects and a complete redesign of the spaceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Moonraker - Best Restaurants in Pacifica ›
Moonraker reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)romantic (78)special occasion (72)fit for foodies (29)great for brunch (25)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (12)good for groups (11)notable wine list (10)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great view, music and meal!FoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014What a great view and evening we had last night. We really enjoyed the music from the lounge, didn't know they had a live band and it was a great vibe for the atmosphere. Three of us had the double lobster tail dinners, it was fabulous, perfectly cooked, fresh and delicious. One of us had the ahi, very good. The lobster bisque cappucino was a fun surprise and the chocolate cake dessert very good. The service was also very good and all together, made for a wonderful meal and dining experience.Special Features:
- 50/50OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014The view was amazing! I felt spoiled sitting in a booth facing the ocean. There was wonderful live musing playing in the bar area. The musician was fantastic. The food however was disappointing. The ceasar salad was drenched with mayo, the table bread was a sweet roll. This was not appetizing. Sourdough bread is ideal with a 90% seafood menu. In addition, the chippino soup was not very flavorful. Lastly, the crab cakes were dry. I hope this feedback helps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic & great foodfood2explore21Dined on 7/4/2014Dining while enjoying view of the ocean and clashing of the waves is out of the ordinary, just romantic!!I enjoyed their beef tartare on the appetizer menu. My fiance didn't think I would like that but I did. I ordered Ahi Tuna for entree and it went well with the Riesling I ordered. It was perfect night and dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014Spectacular view, great food and drinks, and service has always been top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch the SunsetSFgalVIPDined on 6/30/2014Food delicious and tastefully presented. Ask for a window seat and watch the sunset. Don't be in a hurry-service was slow between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicemishikafordDined on 6/28/2014Went here for our anniversary dinner. Sat near the window and watched the sunset. Food was delicious and the scenery made the evening spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFoodieDined on 6/27/2014I really appreciate good food and both salmon and Kobe beef was perfect. The non alcoholic cocktail was really delicious. We also enjoyed the company of our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem!JessicaBabyVIPDined on 6/22/2014It was my first time there. The view of the Pacific Ocean is just stunning. Hard to find another restaurant so close to the ocean with such a view! The view is even better than Cliff House in SF. The food and service were both great. The seafood platter was better than we expected. Just wish they could have more varieties in the dessert menu. We were able to enjoy fine dining without the hassle of traveling to places like Fishermans wharf in San Francisco or worry about parking etc. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch - 22 July 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Second time I have been to Moonraker, the first was for cocktails and to listen to the live music which was a very pleasant experience and provided rationale for trying their brunch. My guest and I arrived, being informed (for the first time) seating is limited to 2-hrs, meaning if you are going there to sit, talk, and enjoy the scenic view - you may only do so for your allotted two hours. Discussion with our waiter John (who provided excellent service) and the manager (I think was more owing to the place wasn't packed), yielded a relaxing afternoon of chatting and casual dining. The food unfortunately lacks luster and is typical "buffet" fare. Tonnes of children using the restaurant as a playground also detracted from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious dinnerjoskiDined on 6/21/2014We had the fritto misto, and it was very good. I had the scallop dinner, and it was over-the-top delicious. Every bite was mouth-watering and the flavors were wonderful. My husband had the salmon. He said it was delicious but not delivered rare as he had requested. The service was excellent, and the ocean view was as always magnificent. It was my husband's birthday, so they brought him/us a special piece of birthday cake on the house. This is one of our favorite places to eat in Pacifica!Special Features:
- DockieVIPDined on 6/20/2014So pleased you decided to reopen for lunch!! It's a great place to have planning meetings. Thank you.Special Features:
- Wonderful findGoldenmomDined on 6/17/2014My husband and I were staying in Pacifica a few nights and didn't want to drive into San Francisco for dinner. I found Moonraker on trip advisor and booked on Opentable. We went on a Tuesday and it wasn't busy. Right on the ocean with beautiful views. I had the baked Dungeness crab with veggies and hubby had the ahi tuna. We also had a lobster cauppicino and oysters. Even though it wasn't cheap the food and view were well worth the cost.Special Features:
- Nice View Average Food & ServiceT00N5Dined on 6/15/2014Overall you can find much better food and service for around the same price elsewhere. Ordered a medium rare steak that came out medium well. Served us oysters that shouldn't have even been considered being plated because some of them were scrambled/mangled. Waiter could'be checked on us more frequently especially since they were not busy at all. Nice views though from almost every table.Special Features:
- excellentMimmie51Dined on 6/14/2014Group of 6, all meals were delicious, service excellent too, gorgeous viewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay.Karen429VIPDined on 6/12/2014Aside from the view, which is extraordinary, this was an ordinary dining experience. No major complaints. My husband's steak was tender, but tasteless. My lobster tails looked beautiful but were a bit overdone. Oyster Rockafeller appetizer was quite good. Caesar salad was nothing special. Had a nice bread pudding for dessert. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch by far...GioDudeDined on 6/1/2014My family enjoyed our Sunday Brunch by the beach and Moonraker was the reason! All the items were well done and I enjoyed the made to order items...Bacon omelet and Belgian waffle were the stars of the brunch for me and my wife. Also enjoyed the fresh seafood and pastry items! Well done Moonraker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodmoonrakerDined on 6/1/2014Great viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceNittanytomDined on 5/31/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. First time here and will definitely be back. Not the cheapest place in town but then there's the view that makes it worthwhile. I asked for a table with an ocean view and I couldn't get much closer and they surprised us with a slice of birthday cake. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect romantic spotKaren47Dined on 5/26/2014Took my sweetheart out to dinner here fro a special occasion ans everything was perfect - great views, great service, great foodSpecial Features:
- Best views!generalDined on 5/26/2014Great view of the sunset in Pacifica. American dining, food is good, delicious clamchowder. The three courses dinner is a good deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite "go to" reastaurantwyldoneDined on 5/23/2014This restaurant has been a favorite not only for myself but for my friends. This last visit there was no exception to the usual good food, good service, and ambience. I highly recommend this place. Try their pot roast!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerMokie79Dined on 5/20/2014My husband and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary at Moonraker with a much needed night out. The view of the ocean from our booth and the delicious food made it worth every penny. The addition of a surprise slice of their chocolate fudge cake with "happy anniversary" written in chocolate sauce was a very nice touch. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 434 reviews are from the Moonraker reviews archive.
- excellent brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2014went for sunday brunch only 29.99 and kids under 4 are free. food was excellent as was the view and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our go to for a romantic datewelovefoodandwineDined on 5/17/2014We love the moonraker! The food is always fantastic, wine list is great and you cant beat the amazing view of the ocean. The service is very friendly and very prompt, and the live music on the weekends was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time , disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014wow, fall from grace! Great view of Ocean and decent wait staff. Food , this past Friday night was awful. Tried their AhiTuna and the plate came rather well done and not at all fresh looking. The smothering suace, whatever, looked/tasted awful. When you fee that you could have easily cooked better than the restuarant chef, you know that you are in for a bad dinner. 2 stars based upon previous better experience.Special Features:
- Moonraker for Mothers Day brunchLaura0627Dined on 5/11/2014Tables and booths are far enough apart at 3 levels so you dont feel crowded. The food buffet is centered so its easy to access. We had a great ocean view and luckily it was a beautiful day. We were seated promptly and our server was very attentive. The usual buffet items with the uniqueness of oysters on the half shell , but it could use more variety of salads , and the waffles and omelet station is located in the hall outside the restaurant so the server should tell customers about it or there should be a sign directing people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchMarieDined on 5/11/2014We have been to brunch several times at the Moonraker and have always really enjoyed it, but I thought the Mother's Day brunch didn't have the selection the regular Sunday Brunch offers. There were NO salads and I always look forward to their delicious beet salad, and the dessert selection was pretty limited. BUT, the prime rib was melt-in-your-mouth delicious!!! The waffle and omelette stations were a big hit.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchLarrDined on 5/11/2014We took my 87 year old Mother to the Mother's Day Brunch, they honored my request for a window table, I was pleased about that. The quality of the food was edible but nothing exciting especially for the price. The service was slow, we were only poured two slim mimosa's.Special Features:
- BrunchEdmondDined on 5/11/2014Old school buffet. There ought to be more of 'em. Not outstanding, but with a buffet you get some gems. The prime rib, the bacon, the chowdah. And the view of the ocean 30 feet from the table? Well that's worth a lot. A California 3, but an Ohio 5 star.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Appetizers beyond delicious..main course absolutely beautiful presentation and flavors to die for, and the view breath taking. Moonraker is our favorite place for elegant dining in Pacifica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time - still very speciallocalTravelerDined on 5/10/2014This is our third time here- first with girlfriends, next time two couples, this time with my mom for Mother's day. Each time a fabulous leather booth facing the beautiful ocean pounding at the shores. The food is very innovative and top quality. My different version of cioppino over pasta was superb, with a thickened sauce that was just perfect. My mother loved the pot roast, my husband the scallops over medallions of kobe beef. The 'taste' of soup is such a good idea and the affogato for dessert was delicious. My only negative is that the kitchen gets backed up and it was a long wait for the main courses and just about everything else. With a gorgeous view, that is not going to stop me from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Happy Hours!alisapoonDined on 5/10/2014$1 Oyster during happy hours! The Oysters are fresh and big. More special for happy hours lovers! They currently offer: Tue: Clam Chowder all you can eat Wed: Happy Hour all night long Thu: Fish and Chip all you can eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and food, ButOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2014Service not up to par, got one out of four entrees wrong. Offered to replace with the correct one, but we didn't want to throw off the timing of the dinner for the other three diners. The wrong entrée was acceptable and tasted fine but this should not have happened. Also, would have expected a comp dessert/comp corkage but that didn't happen.Special Features:
- luv2eatVIPDined on 5/4/2014Moonraker has a romantic scenic view with great food.Special Features:
- Buffet not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014The new Moonraker is not as good as the old one. The Moonraker of years ago had an extensive buffet with many more dishes to offer. I have a digestive problem and found that I was unable to eat several of the dishes because they had peppers of all kinds. I asked the receptionist if I could have the vegetable dishes without the bell peppers upon my return to the restaurant in 2 weeks and the answer was no. Even the desserts were very limited - consisting mainly of tiny pieces of brownies and mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014Great food. gorgeous view from the restaurant. friendly waiters and managers. great experience overall! I will recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:
- ocean view diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Moonraker not only offers beautiful ocean dining but the food is excellent. Waiters are friendly and and the waiters friendly. Very brest place for any occasion..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last NightfoodislifeDined on 5/1/2014Elegant dining with a terrific sunset view. Attentive; personalized and friendly service. Well rounded menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJohnDined on 4/30/2014Went there for dinner. Beautiful view. Sat in a booth, which slants everyone towards the view, opposed to each other. Service was incredibly slow...and I like long dinners. I heard waiters debating on whether to give us more bread. For how much we spent, that's a little ridiculous that they are harboring bread. Were there for 3 + hours. Asked for medium rare steak. Tasted like chuck steak medium well. Not good. Gnocchi was worse than costco brand. Left feeling robbed.
- muska123Dined on 4/27/2014Great for Brunch.Romantic Scenic View.Good for GroupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.