FARM at The Carneros Inn
4048 Sonoma Highway
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
FARM at The Carneros Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.farmatthecarnerosinn.com/
- Phone: 7072994880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Menu 5:30-9:45pm Wednesday-Sunday
Bar Menu 4:00pm-10:00pm daily
Bar closes at 11:00pm daily and 12:00am on Friday/Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Budnyi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Wednesday & Thursday in the outdoor pavilion from 5:00pm - 8:00pm beginning May 15th through September. Small plate and drink specials apply during these times.
A word from FARM at The Carneros Inn
FARM, at The Carneros Inn is a restaurant dedicated to food that accompanies wine. We believe in well-balanced, comforting, full-flavored dishes that are simple in concept but complex in taste, emphasizing the natural flavors of the ingredients. We craft our own breads, pastries and Artisan Charcuterie products using our passion for experimentation, and respect of tradition. Our inspiration comes from access to the finest organic and sustainably raised ingredients that we source primarily within a 150 mile radius of Carneros, to harvest food that is at the peak of its season and flavor. The food we prepare supports and nurtures ourselves, our guests, and our land.Continued
Our dress code is business casual. For men, please adhere to no hats, shorts, or sandals in the dining room. Jackets are not required.
Our dress code is business casual. For men, please adhere to no hats, shorts, or sandals in the dining room. Jackets are not required.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
FARM at The Carneros Inn - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
FARM at The Carneros Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)special occasion (79)romantic (72)notable wine list (65)great for outdoor dining (62)good for groups (32)scenic view (16)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Wonderful!bella525VIPDined on 7/3/2014There is nothing but rave reviews. Ricardo sat us in a wonderful private booth towards the back of the restaurant, so we were away from the door and bar area, Matt our waiter was absolutely wonderful - he knew the menu well and had a great sense of humor. When he was unsure about a wine he had Ricardo come over and Ricardo explained the background of Mi Sueno Chardonnay - what a gem of a glass of wine. We will definitely be back. Wonderful special occasion restaurant. Thank you to all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iowan Finds The FarmMrHawkeyeDined on 6/29/2014My wife took me to this restaurant for my 55th birthday. The whole experience was a very pleasant surprise. The ambiance was driven a bit by the architecture which I would call "Modern Farm". I don't know how else to describe it and I grew up in Iowa. The menu was definitely gourmet and fabulous. I went for the entire 7 course meal-- but each course was an intriguing experience. Our waiter, James, was outstanding and he had several other attentive staff assisting. In all we spent 3 hours at the meal...and the price though not inexpensive, was well worth it. I would recommend The Farm for a special occasion with that special person.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceHopscotchDined on 6/29/2014Since moving to the Napa Valley 2.5 years ago I have been able to dine at Farm three times. I have been blown away each time as far as service levels, the quality of the cuisine, and the overall experience. Farm is an absolute gem in an area that is already known for top restaurants.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantNerakVIPDined on 6/22/2014From start to finish, everything was delicious. We had blueberry mojitos that were incredible. The service was great and the pace was perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSweetluaniDined on 6/18/2014If you love good food, and don't mind paying a little more for it, then this place is a must. The chef knows flavor and understands how each element works with the other. True culinary artistry. The wine list is very extensive - and oh so good. Recommend asking your waiter/bartender for their suggestion - they know what would pair well with your meal and/or what is popular. The scene has a cool vibe. I came on a Wednesday night which apparently has live music outside in the patio lounge area. To the side there are also a few seats for outside dining. There is one table right next to the outdoor fireplace. I think I'll request that spot next time. Although, the inside has its charms as well - blending rustic design with modern elements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014This is a great outdoor dining venue with beautiful grounds to walk or view before, during, or after dining. Relaxed multiple course meal with great wine pairings. Recommend for special occasion.Special Features:
- ExceptionalBarryVIPDined on 6/12/2014The Farm is part of the Carneros Inn in Napa Valley. Terrific food and service. Fresh and innovative.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!RexGoliathDined on 6/12/2014Great food, impeccable service in a lovely setting! What a cool place for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner at FARMLatingrlanaVIPDined on 6/7/2014Went here for dinner on the Saturday night of a weekend in wine country. Fantastic experience! We decided to order a la carte, though the tasting menu did look amazing. Everything we got was great, though the risotto was really spectacular (get the shaved truffles on top if they have them!). The young garlic soup was absolutely delicious and the fish was cooked perfectly. Highly recommend the desserts as well!Special Features:
- Good food, spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014Really loved the duck and the lobster risotto, but anytime we needed something we struggled to flag a server down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014Wonderful evening with friends. Good food, beautifully presented. Great wine suggestions for very varied tastes. Nice setting. I came back the next day to sit outside for a drink.Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningfundinerDined on 6/6/2014The setting of outdooring dining area was very pleasant. The waitress was very friendly and very knowledgeable of the menu. Everything was done professionally.Special Features:
- DeliciousnessKYWineauxDined on 6/1/2014FARM never disappoints. Special dinner the last night of a wonderful trip to Napa. We brought a fantastic bottle of wine found on our journeys and enjoyed it in my favorite table for 2 by the fireplace. Romantic, great food, great service. *sigh*Special Features:
- Best Napa has to offerEastBayFoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2014From the minute we drove up--spectacular. It was a birthday and they gave us free sparkling cider as my daughter is 12. Service, presentation, taste, portions, top notch and completely unpretentious, downright friendly. No time for $125 pp tasting menu but anxious to try. Dinner for 5 with apps bottle wine cocktails and dessert came to about $100 pp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/ Service could be betterRyanMVIPDined on 5/31/2014Pros: Halibut was amazing Cashew Dessert Freebie Anniversary Cookies and Amuse Cons: Chilled Garlic Soup- super light in flavor, almost "watery" with no depth. Had only a couple bites, expressed we did not like it, surprised waitress kept it on the bill. Service: was not very engaging, for a 4 star restaurant expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Farm to Table Experience!FiFiVIPDined on 5/31/2014For a celebration weekend for my college graduate son, we reserved a special table at Farm with all the courses from salads, soups and entrees all around exceeding our expectations. With each guest choosing a different "animal" from the menu, we each sampled the others fish, lamb, filet and veggies. Delicious savory dishes presented with simple elegance and exceptional service. I can't wait to return my next trip to the Wine Country.Special Features:
- Great food and Service!NapaFoodieDined on 5/30/2014We looked at the tasting menu and decided that we would next time. After it was all said and done we would have chosen that option. On to the food. Outstanding. We had the beet salad, Duck breast, Halibut, and Banana dessert. Our drinks were always refilled. the service was great by all staff not just our waitress. Even though we were one of the only couples in the resturant, we has an early dinner, 5:30, they did not hover but understood when to approach and assist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1018 reviews are from the FARM at The Carneros Inn reviews archive.
- Best dining in wine countryHelenVIPDined on 5/25/2014Outstanding meal, delightful service, overall fabulous experience! Lobster risotto was bliss and the lamb "trilogy" exceptional! Superb guidance on the wine pairings made for plu-perfect dining. And the bonus..they welcomed our small dog. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Great Food and Ambience at the FarmGFOODVIPDined on 5/10/2014The Farm in NAPA is a wonderful dining experience. The food couldn't be better and they have a great menu. Everything on the menu is a little unique in the preparation, but really a wonderful delight. You have to mention the outdoor lounge which looks delightful as a hangout. The indoor bar is great, too. And the dining area is beautiful and very romantic. The chicken dish was really the best chicken I've tasted in a long time. And the halibut was some of the best I've had. Oysters were of the typical high quality you would get at a fine dining restaurant. They had two varieties. The beet salad was uniquely prepared and super good. It was a meal of the finest quality.Special Features:
- Disappointed & Would Not RecommendNathanVIPDined on 5/10/2014Spent $400 this weekend at Farm. I was terribly disappointed and would not recommend this place to anyone. The food was just plain mediocre. We did the 7 course tasting menu, unfortunately nothing stood out and nothing was oustanding.
- Very enjoyableKrunchDined on 5/8/2014Ricardo (the maitre d) was so friendly and attentive. He made us feel very special for our anniversary! Thanks Ricardo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in NapabjgmmVIPDined on 5/7/2014You probably cannot find bad food in Napa. We ate at Mustards, Girl and Fig, Farm and Carpe Diem. All of them were very, very good but Farm was clearly the best. Perhaps my only across the board 5 star in an Open Table review in a few years, not that I am Zagat, but we like good food. We did not do the 2 hour tasting menu but it is available there for those who want that without getting their wallet washed in the Laundry (though still pricey). Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great News at the FarmXmandinesDined on 5/4/2014The Farm offers a great dinning experience. Great bar and gorgeous outdoor area with a beautiful fire pit for those cool evenings. Nice open atmosphere with sharp aesthetics yet romantic. The food presentation was suburb and perfectly prepared. The staff was joyful and energetic. My guests and I really enjoyed our experience and highly recommend the Farm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flowing CurtainsOlblueyesDined on 5/4/2014Everything about this restaurant has almost an ethereal quality to it, including flowing curtains, expansive space, quiet, serene, etc. We had the 7 course tasting menu and we thought we'd died and gone to heaven it was so delish. I was touched by the fact that since it was my birthday, I come to the table with a personal b'day wish card on it. Wow, now that's personal service! Highly recommend it. No hoity toityness either!Special Features:
- Satisfying Napa ExperienceLandsharkDined on 5/2/2014We had the tasting menu with wine pairings. There was a slight mixup in our first flight so we missed the sparkling wine. Other than that it was worth every penny. Remarkable food with perfect pairing. We will go back and recommend the Farm to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchThinLineDined on 4/20/2014The food was delicious! Its hard to find a way to make brunch surprisingly refreshing, but they did just that at our Easter meal. A wonderful variation of flavors, each dish was just the right amount, and presented in its own time, no rushing or delays. The service was excellent. This was not our first time at The Farm, and will not be our last!Special Features:
- Outstanding!BethLVIPDined on 4/16/2014We went to Farm because of the excellent reviews online. I cannot offer anything different. From start to finish, our dinner was fun, memorable and delicious! Our server was so friendly, always attentive, but never hovering. The supporting servers always kept the warm bread available and the water glasses full. I particularly enjoyed the different oysters to taste side-by-side, which gave me a good overview of their differences. And the food was so fresh! We enjoyed each course in the open, airy environment where we had privacy but it wasn't too quiet. Next time we'll go early so we can enjoy a cocktail at the outdoor lounge area. Or maybe just have a cup of their excellent coffee outside after dinner. This is a must-return venue.Special Features:
- Fancy farm. A great find in NapaCoreyNYCVIPDined on 4/12/2014Food was impeccable as was the service and the ambiance. The entree of lamb was well put together with three different styles of cooking it. The duck was also very tasty. I do feel that while the wine list was long, it was difficult to decide how to choose the wine as it all seemed same same. A suggestion of wine pairings with each a la carte option would have been perfect to hone in on the style and flavors presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/11/2014Great restaurant. Excellent service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and yummyJoeHDined on 4/11/2014This restaurant is very romantic. The ambiance is great and they have booths made for two people. They are very good at making special events extra special. We had the tasting menu which was amazing. It was almost too much good food. It was a 7 course menu and you could opt for the wine pairing. The one wine pairing we tried was awesome. I would totally recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fun and/or romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15 MINUTES FROM NAPA OR SONOMA !!!FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 4/11/2014This is a great alternative, as it's located between Napa & Sonoma. The decor is understated elegance. The waitstaff is focused and know their product. Some stand out dishes for us are the Roasted Baby Beets with Bosc Pear, Pecans, Bermuda Triangle Cheese, Young Greens with a Sherry Vinaigrette ($15) The Liberty Farms Duck Breast with Garden Brassica, Cashew Pudding, Sweet & Sour Mandarin and Black Garlic ($34) The Superior Farm Lamb with Green Garlic, Toasted Farro, Carrot Condimento, Kumquats & Natural Jus ($42) The Carnaroli Risotto with Maine Lobster, Preserved Meyer Lemon, Parmigiano-Reggiano ($17 or $34) - or experience The Tasting Menu ($95). Corkage Fee is $25 - NOTE: Sit outside and have a cocktail next to the fire prior to diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSFresidentDined on 4/10/2014The Farm has an excellent ambience with a feeling of romance, tranquility, and vibrance. We had the tasting menu and we found it to be a tasty delight. I recommend the Farm, especially after a tasting in Napa to complete the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise birthday dinnerKarottDined on 4/4/2014I surprised my husband with a birthday dinner at the Farm. We both thoroughly enjoyed our Dinner Tasting Menu. This is the menu where you are served seven "meals" that are paired with champagne or wine. Our server, Rebecca, was very socialable, knowledgeable and friendly. We will definitely return to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticJ1B1Dined on 3/27/2014Took my fiancé for his Bday dinner here. Staff was very attentive and friendly. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was nice. The value wasn'tGuythatwentDined on 3/26/2014Food was nice. The value wasn't as good as the good quality. Some servings were disproportionate. Don't make up for an anorexic stringy 1/4 quail serving by placing it on top of stuffing that is the size of a regular entre size. Cheese and red pepper serving looked and felt like an amateurish cost saving serving. Soup was out of this world good. Our waitress was a very sweet and considerate person. Overall service staff was a little slow and, in some case, sloppy. Two other tables sent back their dessert wine as did we. Someone is asleep at the pairing wheel. Outdoor patio with fireplace is a dream. Pulling up to the restaurant looks nice. The place looks impressive and comfortable. Just slightly overpriced.Special Features:
- Keith's B-Dayken1VIPDined on 3/22/2014We went there for his B-Day as usual. We were told were had been there over 100 times! WOW hey made him a special treat of Mac& Cheese. By far the best we have ever had. Hats of to Andrew, Curt, Brian and Salange for making it a perfect B-Day. K&KSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fabulous FARM at Carneros InnJenerikDined on 3/20/2014Needed a spot to dine with business associate/friends in Napa. This off the beaten path find was a gem! The food was outstanding (Duck Breast and Lamb), even the Garden Salad was superb (total farm to table freshness). The tasting menu sounded intriguing but we were not hungry enough to indulge. We will definitely add The Farm at Carneros Inn to our dining repertoire when in Wine Country. Well done to the friendly folks at Farm, they definitely have the hospitality and culinary expertise down to an art form.Special Features:
- Unexpected ChangeTrishDined on 3/16/2014I have been to Farm 4 other times. This is the only time that I saw the tasting menu as more of an option than the regular menu. We were entertaining high level clients and they felt limited on what they could order. Even though the chief approved a few changes, the clients saw items on the tasting that were not available. Plus, it's an all or none on the tasting menu, so that narrowed options even more. 3 out of 4 of us wanted the tasting menu. As before, the food was delicious and the uniqueness was impressive but there were disappointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Given the exquisite atmospherehinalaDined on 3/16/2014Given the exquisite atmosphere and ambience, one would expect good food and service. Duck was well-crafted in a delicious sauce. Our friends recommended the restaurant for special occasion dining.Special Features:
- Beautiful place, outstanding foodNCgirlDined on 3/9/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here after I found the restaurant's website. I knew nothing about it so I was gambling by making a reservation. It certainly paid off! Really lovely decor and atmosphere. The waiter was super attentive and professional. Maybe a little formal for our taste, but it fit with the atmosphere. The food was outstanding. The lobster risotto with preserved Meyer lemon was inventive and flavorful without being overpowering. The only complaint I would have is the corkage fee of $25. We brought our own bottle of wine from our favorite winery (that is not available commercially) and were a bit shocked to find it was going to be $25 to cork it. That's a bit excessive I think for the area. Otherwise, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.